Ausclimate Winix ZERO 4-Stage AUS-1050AZBU

Ausclimate Winix ZERO 4-Stage AUS-1050AZBU

One of the best purchases we've ever made!

We live in a city apartment and deal with cigarette smoke, car fumes and general air pollution every day and the subsequent health issues that arise from this. The Winix ZERO-4 stage has made a huge positive difference to our lives. We have had it for about a month or so now and because it's so quiet we generally just leave it on auto all the time and let it do its thing. We have noticed that we are much less affected by our neighbours' cigarette smoke, cooking smells and city air pollutants; we breathe easier, less asthma symptoms and less sinus problems. We also notice that the unit deals with smells from our two cats very quickly. It's very quiet and really easy to clean; I've just been giving the initial filter a vacuum each week or so. Our apartment is about 110m2 and the Zero-4 seems to cope well with this size area. Fantastic product. We bought online, buying and delivery process was very quick and easy.

Purchased in January 2019 for $500.00.

Air Quality Improvement
Noise Level
Odour Improvement
Room Type Whole House
Pet OwnerYes
Smokers No

Great product. Works well!

I got this about a month ago. It works great at clearing odour. After waking up in the morning, bedrooms always have a body odour smell, but after using the Winix, it’s dramatically reduced the smell in our bedroom.
We also use it when grilling inside our apartment. It’s very effective at clearing up smoke.
The main reason my wife bought this was for removing dust as our room is very dusty and it was affecting her nose and throat. To be honest, we haven’t noticed any difference. But then again, my wife isn’t complaining about the room being too dusty either, so it’s probably worked, but we just don't notice it. Also, our night tables get super dusty within just a week, but with the air purifier used every night, weirdly enough the night tables have far less dust on them.
In terms of quietness, at level 3 fan speed, you can barely hear it. At level 1 and 2, you've got to listen really hard to hear it (we place it 30cm from the bottom of the bed), otherwise, it's just completely unnoticeable. At level 4 (max speed), it’s about as loud as a fan at max speed. We often sleep with the fan on at max speed, so for us it’s not something that bothers us. The aircon is louder. The fridge is louder. If you open the bedroom window, the traffic outside and ambient noise is louder. For people who complain that air purifiers and fans are too loud, it's a complete mystery to me how they survive the summer.
The price is also very reasonable. It's midrange, but for a famous and reputable brand, especially for a high end model, the price is actually less than half the price of some other famous and reputable brands (for the power and air speed of the Winix model that we have). Ours cost us $500, whereas we've seen other brands that go up to $2,500 with similar effectiveness as our model.
The only complaint is that sometimes this appliance makes a boiling water sound and that scares the pants off me. I have no idea what it is or if it’s even normal, but I’m still here, so I guess it must be normal. *Touch wood*

Purchased in February 2019 at Ausclimate for $499.00.

Air Quality Improvement