Absolutely love it.

Bought it last week through appliances online. Loving it. My breathing has improved quite a bit. Had some breathing and allergy issues as we recently moved to the city. Although don’t know why the colour of the air quality indicator sometimes changes to a lower quality despite it being switched on and no outdoor windows/door being opened.

Purchased in September 2019 at Appliances Online.

Great product

My wife and daughter are allergy suffers.
After purchasing this product, it has definitely helped with their breathing.
And we are going through renovations at the moment.
Whisper quiet. It just sits in the corner and does it's work.
Also great for removing cooking odours

Purchased in July 2019.

Like breathing pure oxygen

I purchased my Ausclimate air purifier 2 months ago, and while the decision to purchase one took me months of research, and scepticism that it would help my hayfever and my wife’s asthma, I bit the bullet and spent way more than I planned too on an air purifier.
Well 2 months later my wife and I are delighted with the performance of the unit.
We have our unit in our 19 square metre bedroom, which is over kill for the unit as it does up to 50 square metres. The in built sensor shuts the unit into silent mode at night, and only works hard during the day as required. Walking into the bedroom after a day at work, and the difference in the air quality is amazing. The air feels crisp and clean. Sleeping is even better and no more waking up with a glue throat in the morning.
My wife’s asthma this winter has been non existent, and even the common cold germs were filtered out.
Our cat often likes to sleep on our bed, and while she leaves fur behind the usual itchy eyes is a thing of the past, as the pet filter obviously works as described.
When I vacuum the house I will give the pre-filter in the unit a once over with upholstery brush, as this filter, and the main filters are easy to remove. A simple wipe over the case and with a damp cloth fortnightly is all that is required externally.
In short we have no regrets on our purchase as our overall improvement in health has far outweighed the purchase price.

Purchased in June 2019 at Kogan.com for $639.00.

Room Type Large Bedroom

Purifies the air but...

It never cycled through the air quality signals of red, amber and blue. It stayed on red the whole time which signals low quality air. Even when set in a small closed room (14m2) over many hours the red light stayed on. Also as my house is darker in winter, the machine automatically switched to night mode all the time (reduced air flow). This meant having to set the speed which is fine but not economical long term. The machine cleans the air very well (I'm allergic to dust and my nose stopped running) and did a good job of taking general household smells out but I returned it as the features did not seem to work. Perhaps the next model will be fine tuned. Bought from Costco for $450.

Purchased in June 2019 at Costco NSW, Auburn for $450.00.

Room Type Whole House
Smokers No

Extremely happy with the product.

After discussing my needs with Scott I decided to purchase the Winix ZERO+ PRO5-stage. I was very sick with allergies and asthma. The first night I used the PRO 5 I had immediate relief. I live in Alice Springs where the find dust is everywhere and causes a dry cough or sneezing. This machine has definitely helped me get a better nights sleep. (Tip: I turn it on after vacuuming the carpet in my bedroom. It clears any stirred up dust) My husband, who is not effected by allergies, was apprehensive about getting a "noisy machine" that would disturb his sleep. After the first night's use he said that his sinuses felt the best ever and he never heard the machine at all. I love this machine - I move it around the house easily and it is very easy to clean. I thank Scott for his good advice. I can't believe how much better I am since using the ZERO+PRO 5

Purchased in April 2019 at website.

Room Type Living/Dining Area and Small Bedroom

A real life changer.

I have suffered from hay-fever and allergies all my life and I used to wake up most mornings with blocked sinuses, headaches and being tired from a lack of good sleep. Since buying the Winix Zero+Pro 5-stage Air Purifier I am waking up with a clear head and feeling refreshed because I can now get a really good nights sleep, no sniffles or sneezing. I have it running in the bedroom throughout the night and it automatically adjusts to the required mode without disturbing my sleep because it is whisper quiet. I highly recommend this product as it has really improved my health and general well being.

Purchased in February 2019.

Smokers Yes

Peace of mind

I’ve always wanted to purchase an air purifier but couldn’t decide which is the best one in the market. I stumbled upon Ausclimate in my search and very happy with the advice given by Russell. He was patient in explaining the benefits of the model which suited our need. I can now say I have confidence and peace of mind knowing that we are breathing clean air in the home. My husband was diagnosed with asthma recently and this has indeed helped with his symptoms. The unit is easy to install and maintain, has great features and easy to operate. We use it every night on ‘sleep mode’ and we can’t hear a thing at all. Very happy with my decision to purchase through Ausclimate!

Purchased in May 2019.

Does an excellent job!

Very happy with our purchase, have noticed a significant reduction in dander and hair in the air in our grooming salon. Would highly recommend to those considering purchasing, definitely worth it.

Purchased in March 2019.

Smokers No

Fantastic product and awesome service

The team from Austclimate is professional through and through, they are friendly and provides all the info you need to ensure you are buying a product that is suitable for your need

And what a great product it is, being from Asia where there are many variety of air purifiers it was wonderful to find a product locally that offers high quality filtration, with a slick modern design build and fits in nicely to any household

The fan noise are minimal and very quiet on the regular speed, turbo while louder it def cleans the house in a short time

Setup and usage are extremely easy and requires minimal effort to setup, maintain and use

Being in a high rise apt and someone that likes to open the window frequently to get the fresh airflow, dust has always been an on going issue, the purifier has definitely improve the air quality with dust amount reduce drastically from before

A highly recommended purchase for anyone

Purchased in March 2019.

Room Type Whole House
Smokers No

Good air purifier with one major downside

I bought this air purifier a few months ago mostly to deal with a neighbour who chain smokes all day and night. I have to say the first night I used it, I put it on turbo (max speed) and the air quality was noticeably improved.

The downside is that it does not get rid of the smell of smoke very well. It is hard to say also how effective it is at getting rid of the actual smoke, but I have to trust it is doing something positive. I want people to know that if you are looking for an air purifier to deal with cigarette (or other) smoke, that you need a lot of activated carbon - usually at least 4 or 5kg, the more the better - to deal with the actual odour.

When my neighbour is not at home, this purifier works really well at improving the air quality, just be aware that it has limited effectiveness it seems at dealing with the smell of smoke.

All said, I'd give this a 5 stars for general use, but I am giving it 4 stars due to it not being too effective at handling smoke. The staff at Ausclimate were really helpful both before and after the sale, and I highly recommend them as they are a great business.

I got my first electricity bill since buying this purifier (I run it probably 10-14 hours a day on "high" or "turbo" speeds) and my bill was not much more than normal, so this seems to be a very energy efficient purifier.

I recommend this unit for almost anyone, but perhaps not for dealing with cigarette smoke. It may be that no unit can really deal with smoke, I don't know, so perhaps my expectations are too high. Still, this is a very good unit and I do recommend both it and the staff at Ausclimate.

Purchased in February 2019 at Ausclimate Pty Ltd for $599.00.

Smokers No
Hello, Russell here from Ausclimate. Firstly, thank you so much for your review. You have mentioned some great positives regarding this model, particularly improving the general air quality and energy effective running costs. I also note the comments about your important issue of removing cigarette smoke. Whilst I’d like to talk more with you via a chat over the phone here’s a couple points that we can talk about. The HEPA filter of the Winix Zero models are certified to remove 99.97% of ultra-fine particles, such as cigarette smoke, which is typically as small as 0.3microns (our best eyesight is good for about 40microns). The Zero deodorizing activated carbon filter also performs very well for general odours, as well as hazardous airborne chemicals that may be typically found in cigarettes. One of the most dangerous chemicals include Toluene which our independent test achieve 99% removal within 30mins. In addition to using the air purifier on high fan speeds, there are a few extra methods to assist with removing this type of smoke & odour, such as occasionally airing of the room (there’s nothing like healthy fresh air!), closing the windows/doors when heavy smoke/pollution is outside and preventing the build-up of these hazardous pollutants inside the home. I welcome further discussion to ensure we achieve the very best results for you. Regards Russell 1800 122 100Hi Russell, thanks for your comments and feedback. I already do open windows etc, but the neighbour is a chain smoker, so I guess it is pretty hard to remove the smell / odour. I have to trust that the unit is doing good, it is just that it is not always mitigating the odour. Will try and call you. Thanks - Justin.

Excellent product and next day delivery!

Really happy with this air purifier, it works quickly and is very quiet. The purchasing experience was very easy with next day delivery by courier to a regional area a pleasant and welcome surprise. Highly recommend!

Purchased in February 2019 at Ausclimate Pty Ltd.

Room Type Large Bedroom
Smokers No

Efficient air purifier that does clean the air

Bought this through ausclimate and quite happy with the purchase. Love the light indicator which gives you an idea of the quality of the air you’re breathing.
Just wish that it had a wifi like the international models with the smart app.

Purchased in February 2019 for $649.00.

Room Type Living/Dining Area and Whole House
Smokers No

The best air purifier on the market by a long shot! Get one (or two) now!

Boy am I happy with this unit! Pure clean air in record time and very very quiet! The ZERO+ is a step-up from the Winix Ultimate 9500 and a significant step-up from the InovaAir E20 Plus (which I used to own before purchasing a 9500; E20 Plus > 9500 > ZERO+)! It has 5 stages of purification including hospital-grade HEPA and PlasmaWave technology which kills airborne bacteria and viruses. I’ve noticed a difference in a couple of days and nights already!

Not only is the ZERO+ visually appealing, it’s lightweight and portable, maintenance and total running costs are low, and general maintenance is straightforward. The low maintenance and TCO are two main reasons I went with Winix over other brands. The unit is very efficient, the filters only need to be replaced once per year, and maintaining and replacing the filters is easy.

Moving to the most important aspects – air quality and room size, having tested the sensitivity of the unit with different smells, odours and air quality, the ZERO+ excels in all areas. If you have a pet the ZERO+ also has a pet filter to remove hair and dander. The recommended room size is 50m2, however I have used it in a much larger room (approx. 100m2) without any issues.

The other big plus with ZERO+ is that there’s no Wi-Fi or remote control (which means no electromagnetic radiation) and all of the buttons and controls are on the top of the unit and are easy to read and access. If you have any bronchial disorders, are sensitive to pollen and other fine matter and particulates, or suffer from having a blocked nose, itchy eyes, etc., I strongly recommend the ZERO+!

Last but not least, the customer service and support from Ausclimate are second to none! Allan and team are nothing short of amazing!

Date PurchasedFeb 2019

I was just wondering why this being the most expensive version doesn’t seem to have a digital display? Or does it? Apologies if I have missed it but would be good to know! Cheers
Hello Shi, No the purifier does not have a digital display. On the top it features the Power Button, Check Filter Light, Mode Button, Plasmawave on/off button, Timer and Child Lock Buttons. All the Buttons other than the on/off Buttons have an illuminated meaning above them. And the Filter light will illuminate when required to change the filter. The front of the unit has a led light bar that illuminates Green, Amber or Red according to the conditions in the area the unit is working in. The Fan speed will adjust accordingly in the Auto mode. I’m a bit of a tech head, and I haven’t found the lack of a digital display terribly important, other than adding unnecessary extra cost. In my experience with electronics, digital displays are normally the first item to fail. Hope this helps.Hi Shi Allan here from Ausclimate. Great response from Knuckle. If you require any further information please don't hesitate to call us direct on 1800 122100. Regards Allan

If all the models address pet dander, what is the advantage of the pet filter in the Winix zero + pro 5 model. Also, does it blow out cold air? Thank you.
Hi Karalyn, Russell here from Ausclimate. You are correct that each of the Winix air purifiers are suited to remove pet dander. The advantage of the Zero Plus Pro pet filter is that it provides another layer of filtration. A pack of 12 x filters comes with the unit. They are disposable and should be replaced each month, or as required depending on the amount of pet dander, as well as other airborne allergens. Although I don't have pets, I find them great because current renovations have caused excess dust in my home - yes, it did a great job of keeping the air in our living area very clean. Each pet filter has an adhesive edges that stick to the outside edge of the pre-filter. The Zero Plus Pro also has advanced PlasmaWave technology that assists to neutralise harmful viruses that affect people AND pets. All Winix air purifiers blow out 'room temperature' air after the harmful allergens have been captured within the high quality filters. Very happy to discuss further - Russell 1800 122 100Thanks Russell, what is the pet filter layer aimed at removing that the other layers wouldn’t already remove?Hi Karalyn, all models will effectively remove pet dander and other airborne allergens. But having the additional front layer of the dedicated pet filter allows quick and effective capturing of the pet dander, as well as the many other airborne particles instead of being captured by the other filters - yes, helps to also prolong the life of the other filters too. So, in summary they really assist the purification process by doing much of the heavy work at the front end. Regards Russell

Has anyone used this model ( WINIX ZERO+ PRO 5 ) to help with reducing pet dander? Does it also help with pet smells?
Yes and Yes works well in both areas.

CategoryAir Purifiers
HEPA FilterYes
FeaturesAutomatic Air Quality Monitor, Carbon Filter, Filter Life Indicator and Timer
Maximum Noise Level49.5 db