Ausgrid

2.2

• Rates and Fees
Amie W.

Amie W.Sydney, NSW

The service was performed by Dave. He was very attentive and professional.

The service was performed by Dave in Eastwood NSW this earlier morning. He did an excellence, great job for my business on electrical problem. He was very attentive and professional.

ayumi

ayumiSydney, NSW

Excellent service from claims department

We lost power for several days like many other households after a bad storm earlier in the year, no fault of Ausgrid. We wasted a lot of food due to spoilage, and submitted a claim for compensation. This was kindly approved however I totally missed the initial approval email, and the case was closed after 30days. I phoned and spoke to Leanne who was so lovely and understanding, and she was able to re-open the case to process my claim. I am very grateful to Leanne and Ausgrid, and impressed with how they look after their customers.

ServicesElectricity

AUSGRID company should be dissolved to become something else

Jjo

JjoSydney, NSW

Horrible service

2 weeks in a row, power outages in our area of GREENACRE. Always around 6.30 pm when we are cooking dinner, homework, showers and online work. Power out for at least 3 hours each time!! Disgusting !! Get out of the power supply business. You are hopeless and incompetent!!

Priyanka

Priyanka

Extremely incompetent in handling Outages, Worst Power Providers

Shopper

Shopper

Thank you Ausgrid!

It only took a day and night to get my power back on in Annandale in very difficult circumstances when the waiting list was very long! 13 February 2020. The fallen branch on Trafalgar Lane which fell on Sunday was cleared yesterday, Some people like myself still has electricity but lost it yestrday morning. Excellent service and thank you. Glad I did not have to wait until the weekend - or longer!

Week long outages

Privatising the industry means there is not enough staff to cope with emergencies of which there is at least a few storms like this in our area every year.
We work from home and need power in Arcadia!

Vincenzo P.

Vincenzo P.Sydney, NSW

Prompt service on a Sunday

Early Sunday morning we were woken up by the sound of our supply cable from the pole arcing and popping like a machine gun when it split in half. We called the fire brigade and Ausgrid. Firies checked for danger and Ausgrid technician made it safe. The line crew restored the power by lunch time. Well done to all!!

Vin

Vin

No communication or access to technician

Technician didn't bother calling anybody and got a generic message that meter is not accessible. Got to know that Ausgrid has keys for billing meter rooms. Contact centre points towards retailer who had no idea about ausgrid technicians.

Lukec

Lukec

Totally incompetent

Hard to believe such an incompetent business can exist in Australia. If there was any competition they would be out of business.

Dealing with them is a kafkaesque nightmare. I'm only sorry I had to give one star.

Ian

Ian

AUSGRID - Useless - but no alternative

For years my electricity meter box has been unlocked, with a clearly gaping open lock through just one of the covers.

When I got my last bill from my electricity supplier it was an estimate with a note "meter box locked". I went outside and NO it was open, as it has always been.

The meter reader was obviously too lazy/tired/ couldn't be bothered to do his/her job properly.

But at least they gave an excuse for not reading it: over the years there have been many instances when they haven't bothered, with an estimate arriving, no explanation.

I've complained to my supplier but they told me they have no control over AUSGRID and there's no alternative. WHY? Does anyone know?

I'd dump them in a heartbeat if able to....

Steve D.

Steve D.Sydney, NSW

Outages

Had an outage in the area and AUSGRID confirmed this was due to them upgrading the lines. It affected my TV and Foxtel box. I went on their website to put in a claim and they ask you for your TV serial number and model. After 2 weeks they respond by saying they are protected by the law, therefore, would not be liable for any claims. What a joke. Thanks for giving people false hopes on your FAKE website.

ServicesElectricity

Completely useless. Planned a power outage during business hours. WHO DOES THAT!!

Suddenly our power went out leaving my business with no power for computers or phones. They reckon the did a letterbox drop to inform but we didn’t get anything. Rang to complain and all the guy could say was I don’t know, I don’t know. They don’t care. No offer of compensation. We’re potential losing $1000’s in business.

I've delt with some bad company's,but this is the WORST BY FAR

Ausgrid replaced street lights with LEDS earlier this week down our street, all the street lights haven't worked since, plus surrounding streets, reported it every night, via their web site, no acknowledgment,wife's phoning during the day, gets in a queue, then gets disconnected, try's later same thing, you cant talk to anyone, I suppose they've done that because they get so many complaints !!!!!!!!!!!! Barry ps you should have negative stars, maybe about 50

Susan W

Susan W

Disorganised Inefficient

Power outage due to truck hitting substation kiosk. Crew on ground knew there was need for a generator to supply power to 80 houses on Friday AM. No generator arrives so no power all Friday. Saturday generator arrives and is still unable to restore power. 30 hours without power in suburban Sydney. No heating. No hot water. Not impressed. I could have organised a generator and an operator in the first 2 hours after incident. Why can't they? I asked and they said 'operational reason'. Yes outdated operational procedures and lack of efficient project management.

Brian Calcutt

Brian Calcutt

It's a pity to have to give them one star

Difficult, slow, unreasonable - living in an ivory tower and behaving like bullies. The left over remnants of a state monopoly, if there was real competition, they would disappear off the face of the earth.

Jshop

Jshop

Ausgrid Useless but happy to collect $300 for paperwork

Ausgrid came out to inspect a lose attachment of power to a house. They took my phone number but never called back, only left card to say it's my problem to fix. I have to pay a special electrician about $700 to fix it then $300 to submit paperwork to Ausgrid to prove it has been fixed correctly. Take some responsibility and fix and certify it yourself. You are wasting time risking lives and ripping customers off.

Howard R

Howard RSydney, NSW

Intrusive lights

Linh

LinhSydney

Excellent customer service from Homebush brand

2 days still no power even paid after hours rate

Opening retail premises was told tech attending yesterday, yep he attended an empty shop failed to go to mdf room and connect. 10 calls later today ended paying an after hours connection fee and guess what - no show !

Hope Ausgrid are ready to pay for loes of stock