AusSpecs

See the Best Optical Retailers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Jbey

JbeyMid North Coast, NSW

Perfect - very prompt business to deal with.

My second pair of multi focal over some years. Very satisfied. Straight out of the case and wearing with no issues whatsoever. Highly recommend and when required again shall be returning - thank you.

Hello Jbey,
It is really great that have taken the time to send feedback and shared your experience with AusSpecs so, cheers and we hope you have a fabulous Christmas !

gcer4226

gcer4226South East Queensland, QLD

Quality glasses at affordable prices

Auspecs has a large range of glasses which can sorted by gender, frame, usage, size and colour. Having a wide head the website makes it easy to find suitable sized glasses. You can upload your pescription to the website. The glasses are of excellent quality and were delivered in around 1 week. The staff were helpful as I wanted to change my order. I have used Auspecs for many years and recommend them highly.

Hello gcer4226
Your comments are greatly appreciated ... Thank you so much:)

Catherine

CatherineNorthern Region, NSW

Perfect straight out of the box

As always with AusSpecs, my multifocal glasses fit and worked perfectly straight out of the box. They are just magic these people! The frame feels sturdier than I expected, and looks great. They were very quick and helpful in answering my questions, and the glasses were well-priced. I could not recommend AusSpecs more highly.

Hi Catherine,
Nothing could be more pleasing then receiving feedback like this.

Extremely helpful, easy to use and 100% value for money!

Really great website loved the layout and easy to use! Support was helpful with a few insights and emails, an excellent range of frames along with options for your personal lenses! Came within 2 weeks as promised and couldn't be more happier! ordered my second pair (sunglasses) already! Will continue to buy and spread the word!

Janet M.AusSpecs

Hi Trent, Welcome back, thank you for the great review. The website was recently upgraded and we are still ironing out a few bugs but great to hear that it is easy to use.

Another perfect Transaction.

Once again a great experience buying from AusSpecs. My third time.
Fast dispatch, perfect glasses and very helpful communications.
They went out of their way to ensure my prescription was correct.
Would recommend to everyone.

Janet M.AusSpecs

Hi Bob y. Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback it is much appreciated ;)

Techo_Tim

Techo_TimRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Great company to deal with

If in doubt about anything, their communications system works every time.
They are very customer focused.
Have bought a few specs over the last 3 years. So easy and cost effective to have a couple of spares ready to use.

Hi Techo_Tim,
Thank you for your wonderful feedback, we really do appreciate it. :)

robewot

robewotSouth West, QLD

Australian company- important

communication has been in the past(when needed) excellent. Takes 2.5 - 3 weeks from order to delivery. The cost is about 1/3 to 1/2 of retail. Website is easy to navigate. I have been buying here for about 10 years. I was told about this site after paying $700 for a pair of plain jane multi focal glasses from laubman & pank. The same glasses on ausspecs would have cost me $130 at the time. Not something that i have forgotten!
I recommend this company highly.

Hi Robewot,
Your comments are greatly appreciated ... Thank you :)

Wilco

WilcoGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

AusSpecs online means significant savings without compromise in quality.

My wife and I have used AusSpecs for quite a few years now.
We keep returning because we have not had a single problem with the glasses supplied. Vision is always spot on.
The staff are helpful. Delivery time is excellent.

Janet M.AusSpecs

Thanks for such a great review, We are so please to be of service and to receive confirmation that you are happy with the product and service, cheers and have a wonderful day :)

Perthite

PerthitePerth, WA

Easiest, best and Australian...

I've had glasses from Auspecs many times over the last several years. Never any issues, always very good value too.

I claim back through my private health insurance which you can't do with many places, but you can with AusSpecs. And they are local too - I'd rather my money stayed in Australia, especially when their prices are fair and service is good.

AusSpecs have contacted me right away after ordering when I didn't get my prescription quite right - they were simply checking to be careful and fortunately they fixed my mistake.

They are good to deal with via email or on the phone, seriously recommended. :)

Janet M.AusSpecs

its fabulous to hear such wonderful feedback, thank you for taking the time to share :)

Jennifer G.

Jennifer G.Hunter Region, NSW

Don't Buy Glasses Anywhere Else

By far the best place to purchase glasses.
There are hundreds of styles and colours of frames to choose from.
The web site is very easy to navigate and place and order.
Orders are filled promptly and delivered to your door usually for me in one week.
I have never had a problem with any glasses I have purchased even though my scripts are not straight forward, weather it is readers or driving I have both.

Hello Jennifer
Your comments are greatly appreciated ... Thank you :)

Lawyer

Lawyer

Excellent, honest service

Good range of products, very honest dealings ordering 14 pairs of glasses in 9 years. They went out on a limb to provide affordable products when other optometrical dispensors charged a lot. I continue to support this genuinely Australian company.

Hi Lawyer
We really do appreciate that you took the time to send the review.. As a client for the last 9 years your probably know us better than we know ourselves :) Thank you so much

Ann

AnnGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible customer service

Donna B.

Donna B.Perth, WA

First purchase and couldn't be happier!

I'm so tired of paying for over priced glasses and am so happy I've finally found Ausspecs.
I love my frames, they are such good quality, and the prescription is perfect!

Janet M.AusSpecs

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate it.

Larry

Larry

Repeated problems, failure to stand behind product

First purchase soon revealed peeling paint on temples, replacement frame did not fit lenses ( I had to do it myself! ) , so they made a new pair. Sadly the shoddy manufacture had produced uneven askew bifocal flat top line in one lens. They declined to correct the problem and ignore Australian Consumer Law....Buy elsewhere!

Kev

KevHobart, TAS

Service Service Service

This was my third purchase from Ausspecs and again they went above and beyond.
The glasses are excellent quality and I have no hesitation in recommending them
you have a customer for life

Janet M.AusSpecs

We are very happy that you are happy with our product and service,We look forward to serving you in the future :)

phil carboni

phil carboniSouth East Queensland, QLD

Rocky start

Started with a few problems.... the glasses supplied were totally un-usable because as turned out it was my fault due to script misinformation supplied to me by a third party that was passed on to AusSpecs.
However... after alerting AusSpecs of the problem they were quickly able to assist me to remedy the situation with prompt advise regarding the script and the eventual timely supply of my (now able to use) new glasses.
Thank you team......I'll be back.
Cheers

Janet M.AusSpecs

glad that we could help :)

David

DavidHunter Region, NSW

Reading, Distance & Sunglasses.

This is the second time I have ordered glasses with Aus Specs there was a problem with the tinting of one pair of sunglasses ordered but it was corrected promptly after a few emails to customer service. The sunglasses are excellent and I will continue to get my glasses from Aus Specs. Thank you Aus Specs.

Janet M.AusSpecs

AusSpecs are please that we could help as always...

Nardley

NardleyPilbara, WA

First Time Glasses Wearer

Despite having never worn glasses before I decided to order online. With some guidance from the helpful staff I was quickly able to understand my script and provide all the necessary information. Further advice helped me navigate the wide range of frames so that I was confident to choose frames that would suit my face. My glasses arrived much faster than I expected and are high quality and look great. I will be recommending AusSpecs to family and friends and will definitely purchase from them again, saving both time and money.

Janet M.AusSpecs

Thank you so much for the kind feedback, hope to see you again in the future.

Lillie B

Lillie BSouth East Queensland, QLD

Quality product.

My glasses arrived last week and I am thrilled with them.
Top quality and the acetate frames are great.
Certainly can recommend Aus Specs.

Thank you so much...

Alex

AlexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Cheap and reliable

I found out about AusSpecs when I came to this site to complain about another online glasses company that failed to meet my expectations. Almost gave up on ordering glasses online but AusSpecs delivered a quality product at a fair price with the craftsmanship and customer service Australians have come to expect. The website might be difficult for less tech savvy people to navigate but when I encountered a problem it was solved almost instantly. I will be using them again in the future and purchasing glasses for my family as well.

Dennis

Dennisasked

Hello , who would you recommend in adelaide sa to do an eye test for glasses ? Also is there anyway I am able to use my existing titanium frames /that were very expensive but light .
Regards Dennis

Michelle
Michelle

Hi Dennis - sorry, no idea about eye tests in Adelaide. I'm in Melbourne. I used Spec Savers and they were good. Apparently you can re-use existing frames.

Janet M.AusSpecs

Hello Dennis and thank you for your question.

Being that AusSpecs has been supplying glasses as a third party scenario of over 10 years you can imaging that we get a lot of feedback on which stores are best and which ones, not so much.

During this time we have formed the opinion that opsm might be the best for prescription accuracy and customer care.

One big difference is that opsm are company owned store (owned by Luxitica ) so their focus is more toward looking after their clients and building a long term relationship.

They are generally very helpful in supplying you with a copy of your prescription on request.

Still very expensive though.

With regard the re-glazing of your "Old Favorites" yes it can be done but the cost is often prohibitive.

Unfortunately we now live in a throw away society meaning that for about 1/3 the price of lens replacement you can buy a brand new complete set. Perhaps you could get a quote from your optical store at the time of your eye test before making a judgement call :)

All is not lost though, we highly recommend our clients to send their old glasses to Lions Club where they can do the most good .

I do hope this helps and you are always welcome to drop us a line here at AusSpecs

Best regards
Brian

L.G.

L.G.asked

Hi,
I will buy rimless glasses and would like to find out what Ausspecs rimless lenses quality is.
I used to buy my rimless glasses from Zenni. My recent experience is very bad with Zenni as their polycarbonate lenses keep developing cracks around the bolt holes in 6 months or so, typical problem with rimless glasses!
Has anyone experience with Ausspecs rimless multifocal glasses?
Cheers
L.G.

corrie
corrie

I have never bought rimless glasses I like them but for me I stick with the frame around them and they look pretty good

Pen
Pen

Ask AusSpecs, They are very helpful and surprisingly honest.

Janet

Janetasked

My optometrist will not give me a PD .Says it is not possible to measure without wearing the frames because the depth as well as the width needs to be measured. What do I do next?

Dan Johnson
Dan Johnson

That's a lie. See "Getting a Friend to Measure Your PD" at http://www.stingyspecs.com.au/what-is-PD.html

durv2007
durv2007

agree with dan they just want you to buy from them . i have a very strong script and i prefer to get my glasses online as its alot cheaper then an optometrist my script reads sph r +8.25 l 8.25 cyl r -2.50 l -2.50 axis r 5 l 175 near add r 2.25 l 2.25 and pd r 34.0 l 34.0 so if i were you . id got to specsaver . thats who gave me my script / pd included .

Get an answer from our members and AusSpecs representatives