AusSpecs

See the Best Optical Retailers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great company to deal with

If in doubt about anything, their communications system works every time.
They are very customer focused.
Have bought a few specs over the last 3 years. So easy and cost effective to have a couple of spares ready to use.

Hi Techo_Tim, Thank you for your wonderful feedback, we really do appreciate it. :)

Australian company- important

communication has been in the past(when needed) excellent. Takes 2.5 - 3 weeks from order to delivery. The cost is about 1/3 to 1/2 of retail. Website is easy to navigate. I have been buying here for about 10 years. I was told about this site after paying $700 for a pair of plain jane multi focal glasses from laubman & pank. The same glasses on ausspecs would have cost me $130 at the time. Not something that i have forgotten!
I recommend this company highly.

Hi Robewot, Your comments are greatly appreciated ... Thank you :)

AusSpecs online means significant savings without compromise in quality.

My wife and I have used AusSpecs for quite a few years now.
We keep returning because we have not had a single problem with the glasses supplied. Vision is always spot on.
The staff are helpful. Delivery time is excellent.

Thanks for such a great review, We are so please to be of service and to receive confirmation that you are happy with the product and service, cheers and have a wonderful day :)

Easiest, best and Australian...

I've had glasses from Auspecs many times over the last several years. Never any issues, always very good value too.

I claim back through my private health insurance which you can't do with many places, but you can with AusSpecs. And they are local too - I'd rather my money stayed in Australia, especially when their prices are fair and service is good.

AusSpecs have contacted me right away after ordering when I didn't get my prescription quite right - they were simply checking to be careful and fortunately they fixed my mistake.

They are good to deal with via email or on the phone, seriously recommended. :)

its fabulous to hear such wonderful feedback, thank you for taking the time to share :)

Don't Buy Glasses Anywhere Else

By far the best place to purchase glasses.
There are hundreds of styles and colours of frames to choose from.
The web site is very easy to navigate and place and order.
Orders are filled promptly and delivered to your door usually for me in one week.
I have never had a problem with any glasses I have purchased even though my scripts are not straight forward, weather it is readers or driving I have both.

Hello Jennifer Your comments are greatly appreciated ... Thank you :)

Excellent, honest service

Good range of products, very honest dealings ordering 14 pairs of glasses in 9 years. They went out on a limb to provide affordable products when other optometrical dispensors charged a lot. I continue to support this genuinely Australian company.

Hi Lawyer We really do appreciate that you took the time to send the review.. As a client for the last 9 years your probably know us better than we know ourselves :) Thank you so much

Horrible customer service

I have ordered from Ausspecs before without a drama. This order was not so smooth. I made an error with my order and had to wait for the prescription for them to correct it (which they did). My problem was that I uploaded the prescription and added a note apologising for my lateness and explaining I could not answer my phone at work so would have to email them. The following day I had a few missed calls and an email stating my order had been corrected, to check the details correctly and if they did not hear from within 24 hours, my order would be considered correct and shipped. I checked everything and it all looked fine. I did not respond as the order was correct. The following day I missed numerous calls at work that I could not answer. When I got home, I called to see what the issue was. I asked why she had called me so many times as her email said if the details were correct there was no need. I tried to explain again that I cannot answer the phone during the day to which she actually responded "Oh for gods sake" I terminated the call and will not be ordering here again. Side note: The glasses are ok, but you do get what you pay for.

We are very sorry that you took our diligence as nuisance calls but unfortunately this is a case of damned if you do and damned if you don’t. Our prime concern was that you had made an input error in your order which would have rendered the glasses as useless. We certainly did try to contact you on a number of occasions but because of a lack of response we felt it imperative to phone so as not to hold up delivery of your new glasses. We were not aware of your issues with phone calls to your mobile at your work but as the phone simply rang out each time we called we assumed that it was simply unattended so we tried again later. We do apologise for any inconvenience caused and wish you the best for the future.

First purchase and couldn't be happier!

I'm so tired of paying for over priced glasses and am so happy I've finally found Ausspecs.
I love my frames, they are such good quality, and the prescription is perfect!

Thank you for your kind words, we appreciate it.

Repeated problems, failure to stand behind product

First purchase soon revealed peeling paint on temples, replacement frame did not fit lenses ( I had to do it myself! ) , so they made a new pair. Sadly the shoddy manufacture had produced uneven askew bifocal flat top line in one lens. They declined to correct the problem and ignore Australian Consumer Law....Buy elsewhere!

Hi Larry We're very sorry that you feel unsatisfied with your glasses. We always try to go above and beyond to ensure that our glasses and service are of the highest possible quality. As you know, we were more than happy to replace the first pair of glasses that you contacted us immediately about. Unfortunately with the replacement pair, by the time you notified us the 12 month warranty had expired, as per our website terms and conditions. We do have a very fair warranty guarantee and always comply with Australian Consumer Laws 100%. We'd be very happy to discuss this with you further, please don't hesitate to contact us. Kind regards,

Service Service Service

This was my third purchase from Ausspecs and again they went above and beyond.
The glasses are excellent quality and I have no hesitation in recommending them
you have a customer for life

We are very happy that you are happy with our product and service,We look forward to serving you in the future :)

Rocky start

Started with a few problems.... the glasses supplied were totally un-usable because as turned out it was my fault due to script misinformation supplied to me by a third party that was passed on to AusSpecs.
However... after alerting AusSpecs of the problem they were quickly able to assist me to remedy the situation with prompt advise regarding the script and the eventual timely supply of my (now able to use) new glasses.
Thank you team......I'll be back.
Cheers

glad that we could help :)

Reading, Distance & Sunglasses.

This is the second time I have ordered glasses with Aus Specs there was a problem with the tinting of one pair of sunglasses ordered but it was corrected promptly after a few emails to customer service. The sunglasses are excellent and I will continue to get my glasses from Aus Specs. Thank you Aus Specs.

AusSpecs are please that we could help as always...

First Time Glasses Wearer

Despite having never worn glasses before I decided to order online. With some guidance from the helpful staff I was quickly able to understand my script and provide all the necessary information. Further advice helped me navigate the wide range of frames so that I was confident to choose frames that would suit my face. My glasses arrived much faster than I expected and are high quality and look great. I will be recommending AusSpecs to family and friends and will definitely purchase from them again, saving both time and money.

Thank you so much for the kind feedback, hope to see you again in the future.

Quality product.

My glasses arrived last week and I am thrilled with them.
Top quality and the acetate frames are great.
Certainly can recommend Aus Specs.

Thank you so much...

Cheap and reliable

I found out about AusSpecs when I came to this site to complain about another online glasses company that failed to meet my expectations. Almost gave up on ordering glasses online but AusSpecs delivered a quality product at a fair price with the craftsmanship and customer service Australians have come to expect. The website might be difficult for less tech savvy people to navigate but when I encountered a problem it was solved almost instantly. I will be using them again in the future and purchasing glasses for my family as well.

I love my glasses

It’s been 12 months since I bought 2 pairs of glasses from AusSpecs and I am so happy with them. I had never purchased glasses online before and was concerned that they would look cheap and nasty, but they’re both great quality and no one would know otherwise. I will never buy glasses from a retail store ever again. The process of ordering them was daunting for me because I had never done it before, but in the end it was not too difficult. I had an Eye Test at BigW and just asked them for a printout of my prescription, so I had all the technical info when I ordered my Glasses on AusSpecs. The most difficult part for me was choosing the actual glasses. I’m so happy with my glasses and recommend AusSpecs to all my family and friends. Save yourself hundreds of dollars by purchasing your glasses through AusSpecs. I bought 2 pairs from AusSpecs - one for $52.45 and one for $81.60. Two years prior to purchasing from AusSpecs I paid $761.50 for 2 pairs of glasses from a retail store. I will only purchase my glasses online now, I don’t see any value in buying from a retail store.

We at AusSpecs are very happy to hear that your glasses are serving you well. Thank you for sharing..

Excellent quality, great value!

I ordered a pair of extended readers from Ausspecs. When they arrived and I realised the high quality they are, I ordered a pair of Freeform progressive glasses with transitional lenses. These were also of high quality, with the intermediate area wider & more useful than my old Specsavers “Elite”, top range progressives. For $50 less than Specsavers 2 for 1 deal, I received two pairs of great glasses, with higher spec lenses and frames and definitely more stylish.

I highly recommend Ausspecs and couldn’t be happier with my new glasses.

Thank you for the feedback. It is fabulous to receive such a great review. Thanks and have a wonderful day :)

Perfect Experience

First time ordering glasses online and couldn't be happier that I chose AusSpecs. I received exactly what I ordered within the time I was told.

Thank you for your comments, we are pleased that we could help :)

AusSpecs are Brilliant !

Auspecs are terrific. I purchased from them online of course.

I ordered two pair of identical Model Number hr4068a while on special. They double checked my prescription with me before proceeding as my focus is quite different in each eye.

My order arrived on time and my new specs are perfect and very good quality.

I found their service to be excellent especially for an online style business. Two pair of excellent reading glasses for $97.00 while on special including postage !!! Yipee!

An icy winters day in Hades shall coincide with Kim Jong Un winning the Nobel Peace Prize for Outstanding Achievements in Human Rights before I buy specs anywhere else again.

5 Stars and many thanks.

Hello Bendigo Rocks, Its a pleasure to be of assistance and we really appreciate your kind words :)

No discount on glasses

Had received my glasses today and i had accidentally ordered Bifocal glasses instead of Multifocal glasses. The price of these glasses cost me as much as specssavers did with branded frames for the glasses. I called them up today and they were not cooperative at all and said i had to pay an extra of $165 which was just for the multifocal and were i had payed $165 in the first place for the glasses. I surfed on the internet and found the same frame for the glasses for $20 and the build quality for the glasses was poor with looses hinges of the frame. You are better off buying glasses from elsewhere where you know you will get your money back if there is any problem.

Hello Dharam, For the sake of clarity, you ordered Bi-Focal lenses at a cost of $ 69.95 which we made specifically to your prescription values and delivered them in excellent condition. You now advise that you did not want Bi-Focals and require AusSpecs replace the Bifocal lenses with Freeform Digital Progressive lenses (which cost $164) for free. Because we simply cannot do this for free you rate us as “Terrible” ? Why you would say that that we did not offer you a discount for replacement lenses is false as you are aware. We most certainly DID offer a discount on the upgraded lenses. BTW the wholesale cost of the glasses frames is much greater than $20 so we question that the frame you preport to have found are the same quality plus we have checked 20 pairs for loose arms and could not find any issues as you have described. Anyway, as is always the case, you are most welcome to send the glasses back for a full refund on the glasses frame. Kind regardsThe link you have provided above shows the frame that you had shipped me with and this link shows the exact frame for much cheaper and with good build quality https://www.aliexpress.com/item/MINCL-Unisex-Progressive-Multifocal-Lens -Reading-Glasses-Men-Women-Presbyopia-Hyperopia-Bifocal-Eyeglasses-Anti-fatigue-NX/32865297676.html?shortkey= Rre6rM7b&addresstype=600 and the discount you said you were providing me on the lenses was 10% which then that totalled upto $165 as i mentioned above and you said you will issue a refund for the frame which is useless to me and i cannot do anything with that

Hello , who would you recommend in adelaide sa to do an eye test for glasses ? Also is there anyway I am able to use my existing titanium frames /that were very expensive but light . Regards Dennis
Hi Dennis - sorry, no idea about eye tests in Adelaide. I'm in Melbourne. I used Spec Savers and they were good. Apparently you can re-use existing frames.Hello Dennis and thank you for your question. Being that AusSpecs has been supplying glasses as a third party scenario of over 10 years you can imaging that we get a lot of feedback on which stores are best and which ones, not so much. During this time we have formed the opinion that opsm might be the best for prescription accuracy and customer care. One big difference is that opsm are company owned store (owned by Luxitica ) so their focus is more toward looking after their clients and building a long term relationship. They are generally very helpful in supplying you with a copy of your prescription on request. Still very expensive though. With regard the re-glazing of your "Old Favorites" yes it can be done but the cost is often prohibitive. Unfortunately we now live in a throw away society meaning that for about 1/3 the price of lens replacement you can buy a brand new complete set. Perhaps you could get a quote from your optical store at the time of your eye test before making a judgement call :) All is not lost though, we highly recommend our clients to send their old glasses to Lions Club where they can do the most good . http://www.lionsclubs.org/EN/how-we-serve/health/sight/eyeglass-recycling.php I do hope this helps and you are always welcome to drop us a line here at AusSpecs http://www.ausspecs.com.au/contact.php Best regards Brian

Hi, I will buy rimless glasses and would like to find out what Ausspecs rimless lenses quality is. I used to buy my rimless glasses from Zenni. My recent experience is very bad with Zenni as their polycarbonate lenses keep developing cracks around the bolt holes in 6 months or so, typical problem with rimless glasses! Has anyone experience with Ausspecs rimless multifocal glasses? Cheers L.G.
I have never bought rimless glasses I like them but for me I stick with the frame around them and they look pretty goodAsk AusSpecs, They are very helpful and surprisingly honest.

My optometrist will not give me a PD .Says it is not possible to measure without wearing the frames because the depth as well as the width needs to be measured. What do I do next?
That's a lie. See "Getting a Friend to Measure Your PD" at http://www.stingyspecs.com.au/what-is-PD.htmlagree with dan they just want you to buy from them . i have a very strong script and i prefer to get my glasses online as its alot cheaper then an optometrist my script reads sph r +8.25 l 8.25 cyl r -2.50 l -2.50 axis r 5 l 175 near add r 2.25 l 2.25 and pd r 34.0 l 34.0 so if i were you . id got to specsaver . thats who gave me my script / pd included .

CategoryOnline Shops and Optical Retailers