Australia On Line

Australia On Line

ADSL and NBN

Fantastic Aussie service and support

Happy with our internet. Fast and reliable. Great support desk with Christian and the team. Always patient and helpful with knowledgeable advice. Loved that they upgraded me to a premium modem.

Start DateFebruary 2018

What a difference!

Australia On Line made our NBN migration trouble free.
They anticipated our needs and made sure that things like keeping our home phone number just happened without fuss. They even sent us a higher end modem than we'd ordered!
So different to dealing with Telstra et al.

Awesome provider

This company's awesome!
They answer calls quickly, respond to emails promptly and got me up and going in less than a day.
Speed is decent too.
I like that they're small enough to be personal but big enough to have 364 day a year local support.

So much better than Telstra

When I call, which isn't often, I hardly get time to listen to any hold music before they pick up, and
it is so refreshing to talk to local reps. Speed is good, no noticeable drop outs and a reasonable price considering the good service.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Their tech guys are good

I rang the help desk for some pretty deep technical advice and pointers in the right direction. They got me going, wouldn't get that from most provider call centers.
I was needing to run up a VPN. Didn't want to run just of the one computer by downloading a computer specific app, wanted it available to my whole network, but also wanted to choose not to be on the VPN too.
I spoke to the help desk and they advised a TP-Link Archer C7 piggy backed on to my standard wifi router.
When I wanted to use the VPN, I'd connect to the C7 wifi, and when I didn't I'd connect to my standard router.

Start DateOctober 2017
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Smooth NBN change, and kept my phone number too

The Telstra foreign telemarketer was telling me that only Telstra could maintain my old home phone number in the change to NBN.
I rang Australia On Line and they said no way, they committed in black and white that they would keep
my existing phone number in the change over to NBN - and they were good to their word.

Start DateSeptember 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

I'm happy with my choice

When choosing a new provider, I had a few key points. I wanted an Australian provider with Australian support staff. They had to have a help desk open past 5pm and preferably 7 days a week.
They also had to be around a while and therefore likely to stay around, since I've been burn't before.
Most of all they had to have a good rep for speed and support.
I chose Australia On Line and have been very happy with my decision.

Start DateMay 2018
Connection TypeWireless

These guys just can't do enough.

Good plans, good speeds, local aussie support and they knock themselves out to help if ever there is any kind of issue.
With the change over to NBN I had a billing query, I rang accounts, and as per usual, call answered
after second ring, query answered in less than a few minutes.
Love it.

Start DateOctober 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

I tell all my friends, do yourself a favour.

Whenever my friends complain about their provider I just ask why they stay with them and why don't they
change? Why put up with 30 minutes on hold or unintelligible overseas staff where you can't make your self understood? We've been with Australia On Line - ozonline - now for 10 years. Always quick to answer the phone, always beyond the call of duty, and they made the move to NBN simple with communication at every step of the way. Do yourself a favour!

Start DateOctober 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Beaut Aussie Company. Great service, fast good value plan and no phone queues!

Phew, what a breath of fresh air.
Connection was fast and what a breeze with the Australia On Line's preprogrammed router.
Our NBN is fast. On the rare occasions that we've had to call there's been no waiting in phone queues.

Start DateDecember 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Accounts, snap, crackle and pop.

Fantastic company. I like the way things get done right then and there.
I wanted to cancel my NBN home phone service, spoke to Michael, No problem, cancellation locked in
at the end of my billing cycle right then and there, fantastic, no stuffing around.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Signed up and up and going same day

Moved into a new place and needed NBN up and going quickly for work.
I signed up with Australia On Line on their no lock-in plan and was up and going with my BYO modem the same day.
I was just blown away.
Speeds are good at 95% of advertised.
Impressed!

Data TypeUnlimited Data

Very smooth change over to NBN

Smooth change over to NBN.
My old internet was turned off once my NBN came up with no internet interruption.
I kept my old phone number on NBN without fuss.
The speeds are 90-95% of the advertised speed.
It was really easy.

Start DateJanuary 2019

As good as it gets

My Australia On Line NBN connection is fast and reliable.
I can ring Australia On Line and quickly talk to someone local with helpful, honest advice.
I can't imagine that I will every move to another provider given my previous bad experience with my previous provider.

Start DateDecember 2018
Adequate Speeds No
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

helping us out with home phone porting

can recommend australia on line [ michael ] , for nbn internet and home phone as he helped us tremendously as we are experiencing difficulties with porting our home phone , even though we are with a different nbn service provider .

awesome provider

Got Fibre to the Curb NBN. Reliable and awesome speed.
Australia On Line sent the router out overnight and I was up and running next day.
Good talking to Aussies.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Excellent service

I've NBN cable with Aust Online. Their support line is responsive and the service is fast and reliable with no appreciable slow down in the evenings. The router is a tp-link VR1600V which was a good deal for $59 with two wifi networks. The included home phone service connects via the modem and I was able to keep my current phone number.

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)

Smooth move to NBN 10/10

Had a smooth move to NBN. We've been customers of Australia On Line since dial up, then ADSL and now NBN.
I heard so many horror stories about how bad NBN was and how people were without internet or phone for weeks.
Not so with Australia On Line. We ordered NBN, they texted the activation date. We received the modem prior to the date. On the specified date we plugged the NBN modem before we went to work, came home from work and NBN was up and going and our home phone service had already moved over as well! Didn't even have to take time off to meet an NBN tech or anything. Really easy.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

They've really batted for me!

NBN isn't perfect, in fact wouldn't it have been great if they'd just stuck with the original plan of running fibre everywhere? Seems the Government sold us that it would be free to the tax payer because it would pay its own way. Now that it's inevitably cost more the Government insists NBN lives within its means and so they're trying to save a buck any which way they can. Long and short, my Node is way further away than the Government every promised it would be. More copper run to the Node, more problems, less speed, NBN being a monopoly, no provider can change this. Still, Australia On Line have really gone into bat for me and hard with NBN, refusing to take their denials and pushing it right back at NBN, making them fix copper problems, that the Government always said they'd fix but somehow now the NBN is less willing to do. So yeah, good on you Australia On Line. Of course I'd like to get 100Mbps ;-), but the 21Mbps I'm reliably getting on the 25Mbps plan is way better than my neighbours, so pretty happy.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Top ISP!

For years I found all internet companies the same, you'd be on hold forever and end up speaking to someone who just wanted to get rid of you. Not with my current provider Australia on line. I'm a happy customer.

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)

Most companies discontinued or will soon discontinue providing the dial up internet service. How long will your company shutting down the DIAL UP internet service ?
Hi Wingding, We will continue to provide dial up as long as we can continue to obtain access to the phone line network from the carriers. We have no indication from our suppliers of any intention to retire our access to the phone line network.

If I sign up to you, are there any external influences (eg Telstra, extra costs) in Redland Bay Qld 4165?
Hi Marie, Thanks for the great question! There are no extra fees other than ours. So no, you don't have to pay any additional line rental, or anything, to Telstra. Kind regards

Hi, I have recently discovered the unreliability of the FTTN NBN. I have 5 days with no internet. Shoddy NBN techs. So I am curious if you offer a 4G backup like Telstra? Thanks, hydraflexx
Hi Hydraflexx, Gosh, that sounds very poor. Our routers do have an ability to plug in a mobile broadband dongle, but we ourselves do not provide the mobile broadban.

ADSLNBN 12 (Standard)NBN 25 (Speed Boost)NBN 50 (Turbo)NBN 100 (Extreme)
Price $69.00$79.00$89.00$99.00
Service TypeADSLFibre, NBN and SatelliteFibre, NBN and SatelliteFibre, NBN and SatelliteFibre, NBN and Satellite
ContractMonthlyMonthlyMonthlyMonthly
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited
NBN Speed Tier 12/125/550/20100/40