Australia On Line

Australia On Line

ADSL and NBN

As good as it gets

My Australia On Line NBN connection is fast and reliable.
I can ring Australia On Line and quickly talk to someone local with helpful, honest advice.
I can't imagine that I will every move to another provider given my previous bad experience with my previous provider.

Start DateDecember 2018
Set-up Time3 days
Adequate Speeds No
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

helping us out with home phone porting

can recommend australia on line [ michael ] , for nbn internet and home phone as he helped us tremendously as we are experiencing difficulties with porting our home phone , even though we are with a different nbn service provider .

Standalone or BundledBundled
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

awesome provider

Got Fibre to the Curb NBN. Reliable and awesome speed.
Australia On Line sent the router out overnight and I was up and running next day.
Good talking to Aussies.

Set-up Time1 days
Adequate Speeds Yes
Standalone or BundledStandalone
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Excellent service

I've NBN cable with Aust Online. Their support line is responsive and the service is fast and reliable with no appreciable slow down in the evenings. The router is a tp-link VR1600V which was a good deal for $59 with two wifi networks. The included home phone service connects via the modem and I was able to keep my current phone number.

Smooth move to NBN 10/10

Had a smooth move to NBN. We've been customers of Australia On Line since dial up, then ADSL and now NBN.
I heard so many horror stories about how bad NBN was and how people were without internet or phone for weeks.
Not so with Australia On Line. We ordered NBN, they texted the activation date. We received the modem prior to the date. On the specified date we plugged the NBN modem before we went to work, came home from work and NBN was up and going and our home phone service had already moved over as well! Didn't even have to take time off to meet an NBN tech or anything. Really easy.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

They've really batted for me!

NBN isn't perfect, in fact wouldn't it have been great if they'd just stuck with the original plan of running fibre everywhere? Seems the Government sold us that it would be free to the tax payer because it would pay its own way. Now that it's inevitably cost more the Government insists NBN lives within its means and so they're trying to save a buck any which way they can. Long and short, my Node is way further away than the Government every promised it would be. More copper run to the Node, more problems, less speed, NBN being a monopoly, no provider can change this. Still, Australia On Line have really gone into bat for me and hard with NBN, refusing to take their denials and pushing it right back at NBN, making them fix copper problems, that the Government always said they'd fix but somehow now the NBN is less willing to do. So yeah, good on you Australia On Line. Of course I'd like to get 100Mbps ;-), but the 21Mbps I'm reliably getting on the 25Mbps plan is way better than my neighbours, so pretty happy.

Top ISP!

For years I found all internet companies the same, you'd be on hold forever and end up speaking to someone who just wanted to get rid of you. Not with my current provider Australia on line. I'm a happy customer.

This company rocks

I recently made the switch from another ISP to Australia On Line.
I'd checked them out online, they looked pretty good and had been around a while so they weren't likely to go in a puff of smoke like my last provider.
I wish I'd made the change sooner. They kept me informed each step of the way during the change over.
The service is fast, reasonably priced and the staff are all local to either Melbourne or Sydney so I can actually understand them!
Do yourself a favour, check them out.

Honest customer reps

I've found Australia online's staff to be honest and helpful.
I've recently spoken to a few providers, casting around seeing who I should commit to.
Most of the providers I spoke to will just tell me anything just to close the sale.
I was particularly burnt recently when the largest company was telling me that I had to go with them to keep my phone number, not so as it turned out.
In contrast, Australia Online's staff are concerned with having a happy customer in the long term,
not just trying to make the sale, so they told me what to expect realistically and what issues I may have to deal with to get the best, experience.
I'm very happy.

Great for the last 6 years

I've been with Australia On Line for 6 years, most recently on NBN.
Happy to be with Australia On Line, prompt, efficient service. Calls answered promptly. Any issues get followed up. Good pricing and I'm talking to someone in the same country. Keep it up!

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)

2 rings and I'm talking to a human!!

Such a relief to call Australia On Line and being talking to a human and a local at that!
These days i just get expect to ring a company and have an unintelligible voice at the other end, oh so polite but unable to swing a cat or actually solve anything! With Australia On Line I get to talk to someone who can actually make things happen. They seem to train their staff so that they can deal with anything, accounts, tech the lot. None of this , "I'll have to transfer you to the right area" rubbish. I'm going to stay with these guys a long while.

24 Hour support!

My previous provider Fusenet, 5pm Friday and bang, they're closed for the weekend. Happy to change to Aust On Line, speeds are good, decent price. and they're there when you need them and speak Aussie too. When their office is closed they respond to emails, seems like 24 hours a day.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Gone with someone that will stick around

Was with Boom who dumped me across to Activ8me, got with Mungi, then bang they're gone. So I've gone with a stayer this time. Oz online's been going so long we used to have dial up with them.I hate rushing around just to stay online because my latest ISP has crashed out and lose what's paid in advance. NBN change over was OK and speeds are good.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless

Super Support

Based on reviews Australia On Line was my choice after Boom Broadband disappeared. It was a good choice. They agreed to identical terms as Boom and it was a seamless transition. Several days later some sites were slow to load so I contacted OzOnline who immediately tested the download and took steps to rectify the situation. Their support crew were extraordinary. Company manager Michael called me several times to ensure that the slow downloads were fixed and the techs setup continual speed testing to ensure the problem was solved. All Australian tech support, and the service was way beyond my expectations. I recommend Australia On Line 100%.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

Consistently good

I've been with Aust online for more than 10 years. Started with dial up, then ADSL and recently moved to NBN with them. In that time they've been consistently good, not just once or twice, but the whole time. Consistently good speeds, consistently helpful on the phone, consistently patient with an older tech phobe like me. My friends complain about Telstra and I don't understand why they stay with them, I tell them, you don't have to put up with them.

Amazing service

Amazing service from this provider. We're always speaking to the same people, from start to finish, so we don't have to go over everything from the beginning all over again. Calls get answered quickly, we're not waiting forever on hold. Great that we get to talk to locals. High recommended.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Knowledgeable responsive staff that follow up

Migrated to NBN about a year ago. Getting good speeds, reliable internet, reasonable value.
Had some initial issues with the supplied router that was promptly replaced.
We've been with Australia On Line since dial up.
Wouldn't go with anyone else.
We talk to the same people when we call who know what's going on. Well done Nic, Chris and the rest of the team.

Definitely not Telstra!

My internet was down for 2 weeks. Telstra had arranged to send out a tech but I'd have to wait for a week or more.
My techy neighbour came over, logged into the config page of my modem and worked out that it had dropped its config and all we needed to do was put my bigpond username and password back in. presto back online. So Telstra were going to send out a tech to do that? They could have done that over the phone. I was so unhappy I gave them the flick there and then and went back to my old ISP that I'd had dialup with back in the day. They got me online, no fuss and I've been happy since!

Connection TypeNBN HFC (Cable)

Best provider - don't they ever sleep?

I couldn't sleep. Flicked an email to ozzy online support that I'd been meaning to send for ages about connecting my security cam to the wifi. Didn't expect to hear back till at least business hours. 10 minutes latter, ding goes my email in reply. I'm impressed.

7 day phone support

I was looking for good NBN price and good service.
I crossed off all the larger providers as they all have overseas call centres and some don't even have decent pricing.
Looking at the smaller providers there are a very few with good prices and good reviews, but most are only available on the phone 9 to 5.
How can you have good service when I can't call you if I'm having problems in the evening and you're not there!
I've been with Australia On Line now for 12 months, good prices and 7 day phone support.
I'm happy to say that after 12 months of being with them, they have good speeds, reliable internet as well as great support.

Connection TypeNBN FTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Most companies discontinued or will soon discontinue providing the dial up internet service. How long will your company shutting down the DIAL UP internet service ?
Hi Wingding, We will continue to provide dial up as long as we can continue to obtain access to the phone line network from the carriers. We have no indication from our suppliers of any intention to retire our access to the phone line network.

If I sign up to you, are there any external influences (eg Telstra, extra costs) in Redland Bay Qld 4165?
Hi Marie, Thanks for the great question! There are no extra fees other than ours. So no, you don't have to pay any additional line rental, or anything, to Telstra. Kind regards

Hi, I have recently discovered the unreliability of the FTTN NBN. I have 5 days with no internet. Shoddy NBN techs. So I am curious if you offer a 4G backup like Telstra? Thanks, hydraflexx
Hi Hydraflexx, Gosh, that sounds very poor. Our routers do have an ability to plug in a mobile broadband dongle, but we ourselves do not provide the mobile broadban.

ADSLNBN 12 (Standard)NBN 25 (Speed Boost)NBN 50 (Turbo)NBN 100 (Extreme)
Service TypeADSLNBNNBNNBNNBN
ContractMonthlyMonthlyMonthlyMonthly
Price $69.00$79.00$89.00$99.00
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited
NBN Speed Tier 12/125/550/20100/40