Australia On Line

Australia On Line

ADSL and NBN

Service to the Cash Strapped.

I was with another provider. I was paying for 10GB per month. When the NBN came on, this was no longer enough. However, they only had 10GB or 100GB. I did not need 100GB. I went and searched. Only Australia On Line had 50GB, saving me $10p.m. (important for a pensioner).
I love their efficiency, their Aussie English and their clear and straight forward language, whenever I speak with them.
I have not had any service problems since I have been with them and I trust that that is going to remain this way.
I would recommend them any time to any person for personal or business use. And I have not heard a negative word about them.

Start DateApril 2019
Data TypeCapped Data
Connection TypeI don't know

Australia on Line are first class

I have been a LOYAL customer with Australia on Line for over 20 years
I moved from Central West NSW to Canberra and Australia on Line have been with me all the way.
They assisted in the NBN here in Canberra and have supported me all the way.
I cannot fault them and would recommend Australia on Line anytime of the day.
They are also an Aussie company and ALL their staff are all in Aussie.
Thank you to the GREAT staff and the GREAT service

Start DateDecember 2017
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Always very helpful and solve our problems.

Our connection is very good.
Our service does not drop out.
We have not had so service issues but if we do have issues, they are quickly resolved by the team at Australia On Line.

Excellent provider

Our smart TV is works flawlessly, online gaming is lag free.
It's easy to get through to customer service, I love that they're in Australia.
Changing to Australia on line was the best thing we've done.

Start DateApril 2019
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Great, awesome, great staff member Nicholas

I worried about getting a new Internet service, as I've found some providers are not very good, I was also worried given the widespread bad press.
In contrast I've found Australia On Line to make the whole process simple.
I'm very happy with our internet.
Nicholas has been a pleasure to deal with.

Start DateMarch 2019
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Helpful staff and good speeds

I cannot praise this team highly enough. I've been with them since dial-up days.
Transfer of our internet and home phone to the NBN has been smooth.
Speeds are good and service is reliable.
Thanks again aussie online.

Start DateJanuary 2019

Terrible customer service

We have been with Australia Online for around 5 years first with ADSL2 and then upgraded to the NBN. Customer service and speeds used to be fantastic. In the last 6 months we have experienced lots of dropouts and terrible speeds especially on weekends. We have been paying for the fastest plan of 100 mbps unlimited data and usually only get speeds of 75 mbps max. Their customer service/technical support phone line now shuts at 12pm on weekends which is useless if you have a problem in the afternoons which was happening to us frequently. Unable to stream any Netflix, Kayo sports etc for sometimes up to 12 hours which is just not good enough considering we were paying around $100 a month. Due to poor customer service and speeds I have now cancelled my account with Australia Online.

Adequate Speeds No

Fantastic Aussie service and support

Happy with our internet. Fast and reliable. Great support desk with Christian and the team. Always patient and helpful with knowledgeable advice. Loved that they upgraded me to a premium modem.

Start DateFebruary 2018

What a difference!

Australia On Line made our NBN migration trouble free.
They anticipated our needs and made sure that things like keeping our home phone number just happened without fuss. They even sent us a higher end modem than we'd ordered!
So different to dealing with Telstra et al.

Awesome provider

This company's awesome!
They answer calls quickly, respond to emails promptly and got me up and going in less than a day.
Speed is decent too.
I like that they're small enough to be personal but big enough to have 364 day a year local support.

So much better than Telstra

When I call, which isn't often, I hardly get time to listen to any hold music before they pick up, and
it is so refreshing to talk to local reps. Speed is good, no noticeable drop outs and a reasonable price considering the good service.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Their tech guys are good

I rang the help desk for some pretty deep technical advice and pointers in the right direction. They got me going, wouldn't get that from most provider call centers.
I was needing to run up a VPN. Didn't want to run just of the one computer by downloading a computer specific app, wanted it available to my whole network, but also wanted to choose not to be on the VPN too.
I spoke to the help desk and they advised a TP-Link Archer C7 piggy backed on to my standard wifi router.
When I wanted to use the VPN, I'd connect to the C7 wifi, and when I didn't I'd connect to my standard router.

Start DateOctober 2017
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Smooth NBN change, and kept my phone number too

The Telstra foreign telemarketer was telling me that only Telstra could maintain my old home phone number in the change to NBN.
I rang Australia On Line and they said no way, they committed in black and white that they would keep
my existing phone number in the change over to NBN - and they were good to their word.

Start DateSeptember 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

I'm happy with my choice

When choosing a new provider, I had a few key points. I wanted an Australian provider with Australian support staff. They had to have a help desk open past 5pm and preferably 7 days a week.
They also had to be around a while and therefore likely to stay around, since I've been burn't before.
Most of all they had to have a good rep for speed and support.
I chose Australia On Line and have been very happy with my decision.

Start DateMay 2018
Connection TypeWireless

These guys just can't do enough.

Good plans, good speeds, local aussie support and they knock themselves out to help if ever there is any kind of issue.
With the change over to NBN I had a billing query, I rang accounts, and as per usual, call answered
after second ring, query answered in less than a few minutes.
Love it.

Start DateOctober 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

I tell all my friends, do yourself a favour.

Whenever my friends complain about their provider I just ask why they stay with them and why don't they
change? Why put up with 30 minutes on hold or unintelligible overseas staff where you can't make your self understood? We've been with Australia On Line - ozonline - now for 10 years. Always quick to answer the phone, always beyond the call of duty, and they made the move to NBN simple with communication at every step of the way. Do yourself a favour!

Start DateOctober 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Beaut Aussie Company. Great service, fast good value plan and no phone queues!

Phew, what a breath of fresh air.
Connection was fast and what a breeze with the Australia On Line's preprogrammed router.
Our NBN is fast. On the rare occasions that we've had to call there's been no waiting in phone queues.

Start DateDecember 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Accounts, snap, crackle and pop.

Fantastic company. I like the way things get done right then and there.
I wanted to cancel my NBN home phone service, spoke to Michael, No problem, cancellation locked in
at the end of my billing cycle right then and there, fantastic, no stuffing around.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Signed up and up and going same day

Moved into a new place and needed NBN up and going quickly for work.
I signed up with Australia On Line on their no lock-in plan and was up and going with my BYO modem the same day.
I was just blown away.
Speeds are good at 95% of advertised.
Impressed!

Data TypeUnlimited Data

Very smooth change over to NBN

Smooth change over to NBN.
My old internet was turned off once my NBN came up with no internet interruption.
I kept my old phone number on NBN without fuss.
The speeds are 90-95% of the advertised speed.
It was really easy.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Will need to switch providers in a few months . My current modem was set up when I received it from Amnet . What do i do if i switch to yourself and if I need to configure existing modem do i get help with that . I only use my phone line for my Fetch TV and Monitored Security Do not have a phone connected however I get charged for 1300 numbers that is used by security I guess I will be charged for those too with yourselves . I guess I would choose the plan with casual calls ? Can I upgrade plans or downgrade at any time?
Hi Jennifer, thanks for your question. Yes, we assist you in configuring your existing modem. 1300 numbers are still chargeable, yes. Are you changing to NBN or still ADSL?

Most companies discontinued or will soon discontinue providing the dial up internet service. How long will your company shutting down the DIAL UP internet service ?
Hi Wingding, We will continue to provide dial up as long as we can continue to obtain access to the phone line network from the carriers. We have no indication from our suppliers of any intention to retire our access to the phone line network.

If I sign up to you, are there any external influences (eg Telstra, extra costs) in Redland Bay Qld 4165?
Hi Marie, Thanks for the great question! There are no extra fees other than ours. So no, you don't have to pay any additional line rental, or anything, to Telstra. Kind regards

ADSLNBN 12 (Standard)NBN 25 (Speed Boost)NBN 50 (Turbo)NBN 100 (Extreme)
Monthly Price $69.00$79.00$89.00$99.00
Service TypeADSLFibre, NBN and SatelliteFibre, NBN and SatelliteFibre, NBN and SatelliteFibre, NBN and Satellite
ContractMonthlyMonthlyMonthlyMonthly
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited
NBN Speed Tier 12/125/550/20100/40