Australian Geographic

Australian Geographic

1.3

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (1) · No (3)
Savleen

SavleenCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Unreasonably expensive for the quality of goods

Bought an A-Z animals poster.
Just a mere piece of folded paper with creases. Paid $15.95 for poster and around $12 shipping cost. Thought quality will be good for the money I paid but was left disappointed.
Unfortunately didn't look up for reviews here otherwise wouldn't have shopped with them ever.

Dan

Dan

Mag subscription

Schnithouse packaging on the heavy hardback book included with the two year mag subscription. It arrived in a thin bubble wrap envelope with every corner smashed. You can't blame Startrack for poor packaging!

Warranty Claim MadeYes

Pathetic waste of time!

I purchased an item on their 80% prices frenzy sale. Nine days later and after three emails from me to them, they finally reply saying I had missed out on the item I had purchased, even though it was listed as in stock when I purchased it. Why is "customer service" so bad in this country? No wonder people buy on eBay from overseas sellers and that Aussie shops close down. Will never shop with these jokers again!

Daskarzine

DaskarzineMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bad online experience - doesn't look like I'm the first!!

Ordered goods online. Based on delivery guidelines stated I should have received goods within the timeframe I needed them. I didn't. I reached out to customer care to return them and not be out of pocket. They refused and argued with me. Despite the guidelines clearly published on their site. NO customer service here at all.

I really like the physical stores I've been in, the staff have always been awesome.

Online has appalling customer service and unfortunately that means you've lost another customer. I would point out the reviews here -89% (at time of writing) of reviews 1 star!!! - It's not just me and I can't believe whoever runs the AG stores tolerates this!!!

David

DavidMelbourne

Will never shop here again - Absolutely Outrageous Treatment of their Customers

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great store service...shame about the online customer service

Mrs. Holmes

Mrs. HolmesCentral West, NSW

What a shame

Delivery of goods was not organised. My kids missed out on having their Christmas presents before school went back!
I have asked for a refund on the last item and subscription as after multiple calls and requests for a supervisor to call back and help...I have had nothing. I had to inform customer service of my whole story every time I called.
Switching to National Geographic for kids magazine as I can’t support an organisation that has no care for customers

Warranty Claim MadeNo

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME BUYING FROM AG ONLINE!

Susan

SusanToowoomba

Excellent service

The consultant renewed my subscription plus two free gifts. Excellent service.
I had tried to renew online where it was confusing.

len attard

len attardLeura

In shop rudeness by staff and customer escorted out by two security guards

worst experience online shopping ever

Unhappy. My order email confirmation has 2-4 days standard shipping and no order has arrived. This was 8 days ago. I proactively phoned customer service to check status. I was told what I ordered was out of stock of item so they decided "unannounced" to cancel order without any email or phone call and process a refund 7-10days.
I received a call from customer care asked if cold do anything. I said please find a similar product and courier to me as my family from Melbourne coming tomorrow. She was going to talk to warehouse and call back. NO call back as she said she would. Why lie to a customer.

Angry

AngryPortarlingtonmy

I wish there was a 'no star' option!!!! Do NOT deal with A. Geographic Subscriptions.

Over a month ago, I ordered an Aus Geo Subscription as a part of my husband's birthday gift. Never arrived. Sent elsewhere. Phone and email assistance insinuated I put the dud address. Why would I put an address unknown to me? It was a strange default in their system. No apology. It went elsewhere. I am still waiting. It is December. Now, Aus Post says it won't be delivered due to damage. Inadequately wrapped I presume. Money taken. No product. Magazines are vying for life at the moment. Don't deal with Australian Geographic. Buy it off shelf. Disappointing.

Malcolm

MalcolmPerth, WA

A shop to view for gifts for the young minds

NNair

NNairCountry NSW

Friendly and Helpful - Great Return Policy

Had to return a Vector Anki robot. Good hype bad product see my other review. The staff at the Bondi Junction shop were very helpful and when the product didnt live up to expectation I was without much fuss allowed to mail the product back throught their online customer service to another shop. You cant fault that. The delivery took some time but it was here within the specified period - 1 day earlier infact. I live in country NSW so that was v good. Their shops have stuff you cant buy anywhere else in person so I hope people support them as I would hate this retailer to go under.

Anna

AnnaHobart, TAS

Terrible service

What a bad service Australian Geographic ! I’m now very sorry for not reading the reviews, before choosing them. On 2/10/18 I ordered and paid for Wireless Weather Station, including express delivery. On my invoice it is specifically stated delivery within 1-3 days. That is now 11 days since my order and nothing arrived. Now Australia Post tracking is promising delivery on 16/10/18. That will be 15 days since ordering. Excuse by Australian Geographic for taking so long is that is coming from WA to Tasmania. Just can’t understand why my order was filled in WA and not in Victoria where they also carry same item, as I was told. I’m extremely disappointed

Ivana

Ivana

Quick delivery

Items delivered after just one business day, very happy with that. Free delivery as well which is a nice bonus.

Micky22

Micky22Melbourne

Fantastic service.

Jenny

JennyHobart, TAS

Products are of terrible quality

Jëssīca

JëssīcaMelbourne

They don’t refund surcharges!

Went to the Australian Geographic
Emporium Melbourne store, asked for refund coz transaction was posted on the wrong card.

I was told if I wanna repurchase the same item by another card, I will have to pay the surcharge twice!

Judi

JudiNew South Wales

My first BAD online shopping experience ever!