Kogan.com

Kogan.com

3.6 from 7,997 reviews

Products were as expected

I was on the hunt for a number of children's toys. I found Kogan had them at a great price. I couldn't justify paying for postage but when they offered free shipping I decided to make the purchase. The details said they usually ship within 1-2 business days. I ordered them Monday and received them Friday. The three products came packaged separately but they were quite different in size. The website was easy to navigate too. I'm not one to purchase electrical products online but I would buy such items like toys from Kogan again.

Not worth it

After buying a kogan brand washing machine, waiting nearly a month for it to arrive, and then having to wait another week for them to pick up the old machine, I talked to a customer service rep who made no attempt to improve this experience other than not charging me extra for picking up the old model. This service was offered free as the purchase amount included this option, and the delivery guy wanted nothing to do with any of it as soon as he dropped the box inside the door. To boot, the washing machine is terrible, somehow tangling every single garment together so tightly it damages the fabric even on delicate cycle. Don't sign yourself up for the misery of dealing with these guys, it's just not worth it.

Very unhappy

Ordered an king bed Artiss bed frame, only to receive a king single. When I sent the picture of the add showing a king bed frame paying $129.99 which was the the cost of most king bed frames online that I was looking at. When I advised the help desk they said they do not sell this product, after sending a screen shot of the king bed frame that I ordered which showed Kogan.com, they then said the add said king single, although the picture displayed a king bed frame. Kogan said I could send it back, which I didn’t as the cost of shipping was more than the bed cost. I ordered what I wanted off another online site at a fraction of the cost. When I looked at the product I was charged for it is $103 not $129.99, when I once again emailed Kogan Help Dsk they tell me they don’t sell this product OMG! Even after once again sending a screen shot of their actual king single frame, which was a different picture as to the one I originally bought from them. I will never purchase from them again. Very frustrating and disappointing.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Utterly useless. Can't review the item because after 2 weeks they still haven't sent it.

The site itself is fine to navigate, I found the two products I wanted and purchased it. I can't use one without the other, though and while one arrived within three working days of my purchase I has been two weeks since then and they haven't even sent the other item. For reference, I ordered a home theatre projector with a screen. It was the screen that arrived and at last count I think there have been probably about 20 to and fro emails between myself and Kogan customer service, all basically saying the same thing, though it took me rather a long time at that to find out that the item was in a warehouse, just sitting there doing nothing. To their credit, the website says "can take 1 - 2 weeks for this item to ship", which says to me that by the last day of that very lengthy timeframe they give themselves it should be a priority for them. Apparently it is not. The reviews of the products themselves from online bloggers are great but I can't review my items because I just can't and you have read why. Their email replies are prompt but when they contain no other information than we appreciate you and it's super close to being sent etc, you have to ask what the point was in bothering to contact them at all. I had to ask to find out that my item was in Sydney and not in Timbuktu or something because you'd think after two weeks a company with a rival like - Amazon who stocks this item - they would pull their finger out. I have since been advised that the projector will be dispatched more than three weeks from the purchase date, though have been refunded 16.99 or so from the total delivery cost. They advise they have encountered an unexpected stock issue but do not go into details, a total cop out because they're either lying outright or through ommission. I left this review for 24 hours for them to respond to it and they have chosen not to so am now publishing it. I think eventually they are going to mess with enough Australians that this whole thing will just collapse.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi there, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that there have been delays in your order reaching you. We take the timeliness of our deliveries seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.You have advised it will now not leave your warehouse till June 2nd and offered me a refund of the delivery ($16.99) as well as a $20.00 credit towards another Kogan purchase, providing the purchase is over $50.00 and used before end 2019. I will never use that because I will never trust Kogan again and I have resigned myself to simply waiting like a chump for the projector to eventually arrive. I'm done emailing you guys, you won't even tell me why this mysterious delay. It must be about 25 or more emails so far and without them you wouldn't have even known this was an issue - or would you have and just not told me about it? Kogan have dropped the ball on this and from what I can tell it isn't a rare occurance. I ought to have taken heed of the reviews but I trusted you anyway and you sht all over that trust, I won't again.

Item did not survive pathetic 12 month warranty period and was refused refund or replacement

Purchased a Milano outdoor umbrella which had the cord mechanism rust internally prior to warranty period. contacted Kogan and got passed off to Bdirect… who straight out insulted me saying I did not look after the item and would not refund or replace it. SHAM!!

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Hi Ruane, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been dissatisfied with the resolution of your issue. Our Help Desk works hard to provide the best resolutions available in line with our Terms and Conditions. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.this is just nonsence- I have explained the issue - I have requested some REAL ASSISTANCE TO RESOLVE THIS PROBLEM I keep getting nonsence emails saying tell us how we can help, we want to help, what can we do. BUT YOU DO ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. when is someone in charge - with a bit of integrity or professionalism going to contact me to sort this out ?????I am going to continue to list a complain every week until this is resolved.

great Kogan customer service

Good work Kogan,i took delivery of a Kogan 24 inch TV/DVD combo within 2 days a fault developed in my Tv.Sent it back to Kogan and within a week I received a brand new replacement TV under warranty.Five star service..

Product PurchasedKogan 24" Full HD LED TV KALED24QF7000VA

Unable to quickly report fraud

Kogan do not offer any contact phone number.

Our account was hacked and a laptop was illegally purchased by the perpetrator.
There was no easy way to quickly and directly talk to Kogan and alert them of the issue and to know if they had taken any appropriate action to stop the transaction and/or discuss the issue of stolen account information. The only way to contact Kogan is via email - where you get a ticket number indicating they will get around to your issue at sometime....

I would guess that these hackers know the websites that have a higher chance of getting their transaction processed and sent before they are stopped - hence the easy targets. In the case of kogan, being unable to directly contact them creates a delay which may get the goods dispatched before any action is taken.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Update: Recieved a call from overseas Kogan call center mid afternoon after we sent an alert fraud email through their website earlier that morning. They said they would alert Kogan management to stop dispatch. However, we received an email at 8:30pm that night that Kogan had dispatched the stolen goods!!! And by express post with arrival due the next day! The security weakness of Kogan and the inability to report fraud, combined with fast dispatch is an obvious target for hackers/thieves. Further, if you have linked your paypal account to Kogan then you have no buyer protection from Paypal - they will say any transaction is authorized - so I would advise to remove all paypal automoatic links from any accounts you hold.Kogans email response has washed their hands of the issue - despite it was their website that was hacked and the payment was not made by a bank card - but a link through paypal. There are obvious weaknesses with Kogan security. FURTHER, after chasing up with Australia Post and requesting them to stop the delivery, we were informed Kogan have placed a return to sender request already - so one could assume it to be negligent/criminal/theft if Kogan were not to reimburse our hacked account if the goods are returned??? So far their response is not to reimburse us anything and to imply it is our fault.

Kogan customer care team communications and help, LACK of!

Hi Kogan,
some of my apps no longer work and I am NOT able to find an upgrade for the firmware of my model number. KOGAN Android TV 638 version 5.1.1 Current firmware version V1.0.20
AOSP_KOGAN_userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 5.0.8 DEV KEYS
Hi David,

Thanks for contacting Kogan.com. Your ticket number is 7272702. Our team will be in touch as quickly as possible.

Below are some great articles that may help. These are automatically selected by our system – if they are not relevant to your question, please reply to this email with the info below to speed up your resolution:

- A photo or short video demonstrating the problem or concern you are experiencing. This will also help us to confirm the condition of the product.
- For larger video files, please upload your video to www.streamable.com. This will generate a link, which you can then pass on to us.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I ask again, "I want some assistance in having my 'Smart TV' work

AOSP_KOGAN_userdebug 5.1.1 LMY47V 5.0.8 DEV KEYS
Hi David,

Thanks for your email.

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing issues with your TV, however we have a firmware update available that should rectify this.

Please right-click on the file link below and select 'Save link as...' or 'Save target as...'

KALED49SUHDZA Firmware File.

To successfully update your TV's firmware, please follow these steps:
Copy the .bin file to an empty USB memory stick. Please ensure this USB is less than 16GB in size and is correctly formatted as 'FAT32' on Windows, or 'MS-DOS (FAT)' on Mac.
Turn the TV off at the master power switch and insert the memory stick into the USB1 port.
Press and hold the 'VOL +' button on your remote while turning the TV on again using the master power switch.
Continue pressing the 'VOL +' button until a blue screen appears and the firmware begins installing.
Once the TV has installed the firmware, it will power itself off and on again.

After rescanning the channels, your TV should be functioning normally again.

I have included the below article showing a video of how to complete this:

- Kogan TV Firmware Installation Video

If the issue continues or if you have any further questions, please let me know.

Kindest regards,
Customer Care Team
Hi again,
Well I downloaded and installed the update file. (MonetUpgrade.bin)
This made my situation even worse as it uninstalled ALL the apps on the TV and now I am only able to install SBS On Demand.
I now recveive an error when trying to 'run' Google Play that tells me 'Google Play services' need to be updated. When I open a web browser on my TV
I am on able to log into my gmail account and read abot Google Play services. There is NO update/ updating available for it.
My Netflix, iview and other apps are "Not compatible with my device'.

Thanks for your email and patience throughout the troubleshooting process.

Unfortunately, it does appear that your TV is faulty, and I'm sincerely sorry for any inconvenience which this might cause.
In this particular instance, the Warranty period for your product has expired. As this is the case, we can look into whether or not a repair service may be possible in this case, however we may require that you cover some of the costs involved with the return and repair.
Please let us know if you would be interested in arranging an ex-warranty claim.
Our senior team will look further into the viability of such a repair and consult with you.
Kindest regards,
Customer Care Team
Since these communications I have been able to download the installer file (.apk) for my Kogan TV and installed successfully each of them.

DON'T listen to Kogan and their support team!!!!
Do some research for yourself.

Product PurchasedKogan Agora TV

Trash, can't connected

I bought the Kogan mobile. and i use it in my Phone samsung S8+ and sometime is connected and sometimes not.. i try to use my friend phones(iphone 7+ and X) also samsung S10+ the result is same. i already change the sim card but still same trouble

Not too sure yet

Sent me a product that did not work. Told me to cut the power cord and dispose of the product as they didn’t need to see it because the video shows the major fault with the product. Then I had no working vacuum so I had to go buy another one. Now they’re saying they need to see the product to issue a refund. Do they not understand consumer law??!! This is after 10 emails so far. Ridiculous. They are really digging their heels in to issue refunds. Will never buy from them again. I understand law. Others don’t. Reading these reviews I see people writing terrible things that have happened. That’s just awful for a company to conduct themselves like this. If they had have just issued the refund I would have bought from them again.
Update - they have now said they will issue the refund. Will see if they do. If they do I would buy from them again as they did what they were suppose to do by law. If it doesn’t happen, wouldn’t recommend.

dont use kogan

dont use kogan they will try every thing in there power to not give you a refund or fix the item when it is required bye law for them to do so everyone needs to work together to get them shut down

Product Purchasedsmasung galaxy s8
Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

love it

I was delighted to see how easy it was to navigate through the site and find the product rapidly.we are extremely happy with the products we bought and the range is staggeringly huge.

Product Purchasedwand vacuum

Do not buy any product from Kogan

I bought one laptop from Kogan. I have to pay 55 AUD for delivery but my laptop does not carefully wrap. The box was broken. The product was stick by tape, and the product is not working look like that they say.

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that there have been delays in your order reaching you. We take the timeliness of our deliveries seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. If you have not already and you have any questions or concerns about your products, please contact our Help Desk for technical and warranty assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/

Ridiculous customer servicex

Purchased an anker portable phone charger literally a few days ago then all of a sudden the product dropped 30$. Doesn't allow a refund and when support team was contacted, no reasonable help was offered. Very disappointed. Wouldn't recommend. Poor customer service

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi Vikret, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Don't buy from this company

I bought a Samsung Galaxy A9 phone for $775.08 from Kogan. This turned out to be the worst phone I've ever had. The camera wouldn't focus easily and photographing small objects was almost impossible. In dim light everything blurred. After about a month the phone would "stall" - not respond to taps on the screen. The only way to continue was restart the device. This became more frequent until the phone was just about unusable. The screen became badly scratched and the rear was made of brittle plastic which cracked easily. Then the keyboard started to play up, putting zzzzzzzz's into a message .
I contacted Kogan, described these problems and politely asked what were my options. Kogan responded immediately, asking irrelevant questions. The correspondence from them (a) had me jumping through hoops, and (b) was very aggressive. They refused to give me an address to return the phone to and frequently ignored points in my emails. They concluded by saying I had damaged the phone and would not give me a refund. So I'd lost $775 and wasted a lot of time arguing with them.
Other products I've bought from Kogan have been OK. But the lesson I've learned is:

Kogan will spent unlimited time arguing with you if you receive a faulty product.
You will not get a refund or replacement

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Hi Peter, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.Hi Ross The issue has been resolved in Kogan's favor [my request for a refund has been refused both to me and to Consumer Protection] and the next stage open to me is to take it to the Magistrates Court. I do not propose to do this for two reasons: 1. Kogan is located in Melbourne and I'm in Perth. The time and cost of attending court in Melbourne exceeds the cost of the phone. 2. I may lose the case and end up with court costs to pay. I do not wish to have anything more to do with Kogan's Help Desk. They waste a lot of time, frequently do not answer my questions, are rude, and generally have taken me round in circles, wanting me to jump through hoops. My suggestion of a partial refund on the grounds that I'd had some use out of the phone before another bought elsewhere was delivered was ignored. What amazes me about Kogan that it was the PRODUCT that was at fault NOT THEM. Under Australian law I'm obliged to make any complaint to the person I paid the money to. I expected them to pass this straight on to Samsung, not react in a hostile manner to me. In answer to your last sentence: ABSOLUTELY NOT. I want nothing more to do with Kogan again. POLITE WARNING If you start wasting my time I will post follow-on negative review warning people of the implications of posting negative reviews about Kogan. Peter Bishop

Bad online security - my kogan account hacked

I have not purchased anything from Kogan for years as the quality of products purchased in the past was dreadful. Last night at 11:49pm my account was hacked and someone purchased a $900 mobile phone from Kogan, paid for it through my linked Paypal account and changed my address to a parcel locker address in Calamvale. I advised Kogan by email at 6:00am, and Paypal, and reported it to ACORN. I received one response from Kogan at 10:54 am telling me to contact my bank and report it to them. It's nothing to do with the bank!
Paypal acknowledged it was fraud and that the Kogan account link was to blame, and initiated proceedings to have the money refunded. But Kogan did nothing else, even though I emailed them 5 or 6 times. Tonight I receive a confirmation email from them, and from Australia Post, advising the phone has been despatched and will be delivered shortly. I've done everything I can to stop this fraudster from receiving a free Samsung phone - but no-one cares. I rang the police to advise them to visit Australia Post at Calamvale and get details of the renter of the parcel locker, to catch this person. They weren't interested and said to file a complaint with Acorn. Acorn websites states that they may investigate in due course. By which time the culprit has got away with this theft.
And Kogan just let it happen. They have extremely bad customer service - no phone number, no chat, and a very slow email response system. Their security is appalling. How many other customers have had their security compromised?

Hi Annette, thank you for letting us know about your experience. I'm very sorry to hear what's happened. I have located your ticket and escalated this to our senior orders team. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.I put this review up 3 days ago. I contacted Kogan about this fraud 5 days ago. Every time I respond to one of your ticketed emails - you take over 24 hours to respond. Your customer service is slower than snail mail. Speaking of which, Australia Post sent me confirmation today that the hacker picked up his/her brand new phone from today from the parcel locker they rented. I gave you all the details in emails (cause you don't have a phone number or web chat system) so you could stop the delivery, or notify the police or Australia Post and catch the culprit. I notified ACORN, the Police and Consumer Affairs, and sent you around 10 emails. But because you are ALL so slow, he got away with it. Paypal responded instantly and refunded my fraudulent payment within 24 hours. You are the ones out of pocket now thank heavens, not me. And the criminal is laughing no doubt. The final straw to this sorry tale is I tried to delete my Kogan account, so this could never happen again, and guess what? You can't delete your account. You have to send Kogan an email so they can do it for you - and that takes another 24 hours. The good news is this a prime case study for my next blogpost on super bad Customer Experience example. The media might be interested too.

Televisions are all rubbish!!

TV 1 - kept flickering, jumping and turned itself off
replacement TV 1 - remote didn't work
replacement remote - wrong remote
next replacement tv and remote - tv came smashed
next replacement tv - didn't connect to youtube, screencast or Netflix
demanded money back
customer journey - 7 months

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Hi there, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you are disappointed with the product you ordered from us. Our buying team works hard to provide the best quality products at the best prices for our customers and we stand by them. We always encourage you to seek assistance from us by contacting our Help Desk for technical and warranty assistance here: https://www.kogan.com/au/help/

2 Faulty 58in smarter tvs

Im now a couple of days ago recieved my REPLACEMENT tv after first one was faulty. First time i sent atleast 20 emails to get an appropriate response finally got sent a new one .
I opened it turned it on and guess what same jumping lines across top of tv and this one goes to a black screen for a second every 2 minutes sometimes when warmed up. Also kast night it was going black then a grey screen and i had to turn it off for a few minutes before it would show a picture again.
Kogan tvs are obviously rubbish snd customer service is the worst ive ever experienced. BEWARE...

Product Purchased58inch smarter tv
Hi there, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk as well as the units did not arrive in proper working order and in perfect condition. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service and Products very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.

Purchasing from Kogan

I found it very easy to navigate the Kogan on-line store. An extensive range of good quality products are available. I have made numerous purchases from Kogan and have been satisfied on every occasion.

Product PurchasedTelevision

Rubbish

Tv was faulty,bought a smart tv from them, a 12v one for the caravan,didn’t turn on straight out of the box and received the worst customer service ever,I urge everyone to think twice before wasting your money with this junk shop

Warranty Claim MadeYes
Hi Phillip, thank you for letting us know about your experience. We are sorry that you have been disappointed by your interactions with our Help Desk. We take the timeliness and quality of our Customer Service very seriously and your feedback has been passed onto the relevant team for investigation. Please continue to respond to the emails you have been receiving from our Help Desk and we will be happy to assist you in resolving this issue.