The Nile

See the Best General Merchandise Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by The Nile

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (4) · No (921)

Bait and switch sale prices

I order a product at it's advertised price but had the sale reversed "due to insufficient stock". However, the same product was still listed, with no indication of stock issues, at a much higher price.

Adrian
AdrianPerth, WA

Bought and item only to have the sale reversed

Noticed there was a sale on The Nile, clicked and ordered 2x quantity. Received an email notifying me that there's no more stock for the item.
Guess what? Just visited the store and I could still order it but at a higher price. So it seems they priced the item wrongly but instead of apologising they decided to lie about it.

These are a joke.

Awful experience

Tried to buy an item, after two weeks received an email stating that they didn't actually have the item in stock and that they would refund within one to two business days.

Huge waste of time and terrible customer experience.

Eli
EliPerth, WA

Very wrong description

We bought a doona from them and it was a big, big mistake.
We were after a light one, suitable for summer, and bought a cotton one which, according to them, was perfect for the Australian heat.
They claim it’s breathable but it’s absolutely not, it makes us sweat, even now that the temperatures are going down.
We didn’t return it, thinking it would be good for autumn, but it’s not.
The 30 days trial time passed and they say they don’t accept returns.
Very dissatisfied. We’ll never buy from them again.

Alex K
Alex K

Oh how wrong I was!

At first, I gave these guys 5 star review. Turned up on time and delivered as promised. But then I tried to do partial return as one of the rugs didn’t quite go in the space. The return is an absolute NIGHTMARE! It’s been 3 weeks and they’ve messed me about, promised collection on numerous occasions and the rug is still here. Wasting my time waiting around for them. And of course holding on to my money. I’m over it. Thought they were great at delivery but absolutely awful at follow ups.

Robyn P.
Robyn P.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Faulty goods beware!!

I purchased an outdoor light which was faulty. I returned the light and I had to pay shipping. Shipping for delivery and shipping on return. Double whammy! You will not be reimbursed as they said I would be! Buyer Beware!!!

MarathonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Order delay but fast refund.

Montgomery
MontgomeryPalmerston 2913, ACT

Christmas present never received. Still not received end March

I ordered a Harry Potter Watercolour set as a Christmas present for my great niece. When 16
December expected arrival date came and went, I contacted, and was told it wouldn't be received til March 2022. Angry that if I hadn't chased, I would not have been told and left without a christmas present for 7 year old. Followed up again in mid March, but keep getting run around. Will never buy from them again

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Worst customer service and deceptive sales tactics

After placing a pre-order on the first day the book was made available for pre-orders (July 2021) and paying in full, I waited a full month past the estimated shipping date before contacting them about my missing item. I was told they were at the mercy of distributors but assured me my item would be sent in November (2021) February 2022 arrived and went before I contacted them again at which time they told me the item was not available, despite being readily available through other online outlets. Worst communication possible. They had even refunded my purchase without notifying me.

Terrible Experience

Purchased a DVD that was supposed to have several items in stock. I made a swift payment and two weeks later never received anything in the mail (should've taken only a couple of days, but with pandemic I figured it might be slow). After the 2nd week I contacted them and asked if it had been posted, their response was "please wait 1-2 days for enquiry". Turns out they never had the item in stock and decided to keep my money for two weeks until I asked what the hold up was.

Tanya D.
Tanya D.South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Experience - would not recommend

Poor communication, late delivery, then got sent the wrong product and was told to resend and wait again as the product was not in stock. Final requested items got delivered but 2 months late. Unless you're willing to wait and be stuffed around, I would DEFINITELY not recommend this store.

Betty White Pop Viynl never sent

Bought a Betty White Pop Viynl. Was advised product was confirmed and would be sent. Received an email saying the product is no longer available and a refund would be made in 1 to 2 business days. Really upsetting. Start updating your site with stock available. I'll never use again

Terrible

Amazing service!

I accidentally bought the wrong thing, I contacted the Nile via emailed and got a reply the next day! We sorted it out and agreed on a refund, this was done within 4-5 days of back and forth emails, and I got my money back within 2 days. I am so great full for Joanna from The Nile’s help, it was so easy and so quick! Great customer service.

Expect School Text Book order to not be shipped

Ordered school text books and paid (27 Dec). Followed up after 2 weeks and rep couldn't find any shipping details for my order. Today advised that my order was going to be reprocessed next week and should be delivered 3-6 days after that? DO NOT order text books from here if you need/want fast.

Website is good and customer service OK, a shame this company cant deliver what they promise (especially with the bar set so low for delivery VS amazon next day).