Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors

• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

Dr_Sp1ttl3Sydney, NSW

Diploma of Counselling

I find this course relevant, challenging and interesting. The material is written very well and supporting reading recommendations are value-add to expand my understanding of the cognitive and practical skills required of this career path. Support staff is excellent and take the time to ensure my questions are answered properly and proactive in checking in with my progress. The assessments can be tough but fair, and feedback is useful in helping me amalgamate theory amd practical. Overall, will recommend this course to anyone keen to explore this degree.

Vicki Palmer

Vicki PalmerNorth Queensland, QLD

Diploma of Counselling

The course content was of a very high standard.
I did not find the course difficult, but would imagine that some people who have not had experience in working in human services may require more assistance

Diploma of Financial Counselling

I have just completed the Diploma of Financial Counselling through AIPC. This course has provided me with sound knowledge in the theoretical and practical aspects of financial counselling. I found the feedback and generous sharing of knowledge from my prac assessor - Kelly invaluable. The self-paced online study has allowed me to complete the diploma around my job and my life. Thanks to the Buderim Support Office, no question was ever too difficult, they were always supportive and quick to respond to any calls or emails.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors compares to other Education & Training Services

Urooj Fatima

Urooj FatimaNorthern Territory

Best decision I have aver made♥️

This is the best college, staff is really nice and they are really supportive. If you looking for online studies AIPC is the best. I loved the fact that it is online and self-paced giving me the opportunity to not feel pressured by deadlines and to enjoy the process.

Mary Malady

Mary MaladyGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Return to study at (very) Mature Age

The course is on line which suits me perfectly. Course content is great and taking me into exciting new areas. Any help from staff is highly professional and handled with patience. Being self paced there is no pressure.

Chantal

ChantalPerth, WA

A great decision!

This diploma came highly recommended by various friends. And now, I recommend it, too. I loved the fact that it is online and self-paced giving me the opportunity to not feel pressured by deadlines and to enjoy the process. I felt supported by the Perth staff and my practical assessor. I gleaned so much as there is so much detailed information on each unit teaching me skills that I can use in all areas of my life. Well worth the decision and the time it took.

Learning Material

Very happy with my decision to start with AIPC.

After doing some research I decided to start my diploma of counselling with AIPC and so far it has been a fantastic decision. Staff are very professional and helping. The course material looks great!

Transformational journey

What an experience! This course has stretched me far beyond what I had imagined, the content has been informative, to the point and I have learnt transferable skills, it has challenged me in an extremely positive way that has made a profound difference in my own growth! The teachers had been great in the practical exams which I was able to use the theory in what felt like a real life situation, and feedback has been constructive. Anyone looking at taking the leap to start, brace yourself because of who you have the potential to become from this Counselling journey!

Learning Material

Could not fault the experience

My experience with the Melbourne branch AIPC has been really positive from start to finish. The communication has been great, feedback on assignments has been helpful and the course material has been challenging at times but clear to understand by using the resources provided. I would highly recommend to anyone looking to complete Diploma of Counselling with AIPC

John

John South Australia

Good standard of Education & value for money

I am very happy with the standard of education offered through the Diploma of Counselling course. The course materials are very good and the level of support is second to none. The course represents good value for money and the staff in Adelaide are always helpful.

Game changer

The Diploma of Counselling has changed my life! I have become more confident as a result of learning more about myself and how to understand others. The workshops really put the theory into practice and the support staff are so helpful. I would highly recommend this course to others, even if you don’t want to be a counselor, because the skills are transferable in so many ways.

Shaney B.

Shaney B.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Loving the course and learnt so much

The assessors and course is great
Some of the assignments were challenging but the feedback to assist me find the correct answers was amazing and customer service and accounts were always there to help.

Debbie Mckay

Debbie MckayGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great coarse

Coarse content good teachers for practical even better made you feel at ease The content of the coarse some parts hard other parts not so hard ,interesting enough for you to want to find time in busy lives to complete

Vanessa H

Vanessa HGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great Course Material & Support

I’m half way through the course and really happy I chose AIPC as the course itself is exactly what I wanted and offers plenty of support at all times.
The course material is computer friendly and easy to follow and lots of feedback on assessments
The overall course has lots of reading.

Celia C

Celia CSouth East Queensland, QLD

AIPC Diploma of counselling

I am currently enrolled in the diploma of counselling. I have done both online and on campus role plays (due to the pandemic), and both systems were smooth running and straight forward. The unit assessor always gives prompt feedback for my written work, and the role play examiner is really friendly and very knowledgeable. If I further my studies in this field, I'll definitely stay with AIPC.

Romy G.

Romy G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Industry leading course!

Fantastic support

Lisa and the assessor Kelly where very supportive and helpful was reassuring to know I picked the right organisation to do my diploma of counselling . Wouldn’t hesitate to recommend Aipc!!

Jenny

JennyDarling Downs, QLD

AIPC Online Learning

I have been studying with AIPC for several years and have completed by Diploma a Counselling in September of last year. I have since started my own practice and whilst initially I was concerned that I would not be prepared to counsel in a live situation, however I was pleasantly surprised to discover that when I began to practice the curriculum had prepared me to help my client. As I ventured through my learning journey the AIPC staff were incredibly supportive, I received great feedback and encouragement along the way. The support was practical and enabled me to complete the diploma. The modules were completely 'doable' along with the the resources provided.

Supportive & Excellent Service

The whole team Admin, Manager & Assessors are extremely very pleasant & supportive. The manager & admin staff do their very best to assist you. The course was generally not too hard, easy material to follow and the assessor are very experienced & knowledgeable and give very helpful feedback on the practicals.

Kris Carr

Kris CarrHobart, TAS

AIPC - a great organisation to study with.

The Diploma was challenging and interesting. The Diploma was aided by practical assessments which allowed for a greater understanding of the topics covered. AIPC provide fantastic support throughout the process.

Libby W.asked

I am interested in starting the Diploma of counselling and would do this part time. How many hours per week would I need to set aside for each of the 18 units?
How long can you take to complete the Diploma?

Dr_Sp1ttl3

Hi Libby, I balance my study around my weekend hours as I work FT and do school runs plus housework - so it's chipping off the units consistently in whatever time bits are available to your personal circumstances. In broad terms, I commit about 3-4 hours of study every weekend, but prefer adjusting to ensure quality over coverage. If I get some ad hoc free time, I bunker down to do more. On average, you can get theory, additional reading, assignment and assessment done within 3 weeks per unit, but tailoring to adjust to your other daily responsibilities is the name of the game in the long term.

What I found is this approach gives me less pressure and motivates me through small wins. Sometimes you just got to do life and be flexible. Speak with the student office and they can help you too with good tips/guidance even before you enrol. Generally they encourage you to finish it under 3-4 years depending on how soon the school updates their syllabus to ensure the diploma reflects current standards and meet the profession's expectations. I'm definitely planning to wrap this up within the year because I want to start practising soon in real life. Hope this helps. Good luck and enjoy the experience!

Libby W.

Thank you so much for this advice. So handy to hear from people who are currently doing the course. All the best as you continue your studies this year and hopefully finish the course. Thanks again

San.A

San.Aasked

I am thinking about do Bachelor of counselling,but bit doubtful about placement during course. Do you arrange placement for students?

AJ1962
AJ1962

I'll say this, most employers prefer a psychology degree. You can make up your own mind on where you go from here. Investigate the two ie. b. couns. or B. Psych. Sc. Investigate employment opportunities. It is amazing how far the right degree will take you.

Sheri W.

Sheri W.asked

Has anyone done the Masters program? Wondering what your experience was, how you enjoyed the content and what registrations you were able to qualify for as a clinical counselor

Get an answer from our members and Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors representatives

CategoryEducation & Training Services