Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors

Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors

Concise, supportive and professional

This counselling course has been exactly what I was after. A supportive admin team, relevant and digestible content, flexibility and care. I have been very impressed. I highly recommend the college.

Will Recommend to everyone

Only have a few units to complete my diploma and confident AIPC will help me get there. They are the most supportive and welcome team. They provide you with everything you need and assist as much as possible which helps take the pressure away. I actually enjoy studying cause of these guys! Thanx :-)

AIPC: Supporting, Knowledgable & Practical

I just completed my Diploma of Counselling in Adelaide through the AIPC. Thanks to their flexible study options, I was able to complete the Diploma entirely online (including the practical components). The feedback I received throughout the course was purposeful and empowering. Assistance from someone at AIPC was only every an email or phone call away; I found their staff to be informative and generous in support. I would highly recommend AIPC to anyone who is looking into studying counselling.

Excellent course

I’ve just completed my Diploma in Counselling & I’ve found AIPC Perth to be very helpful, professional, supportive & friendly. I thoroughly recommend this course, AIPC provide you with all the materials (coursework, reading etc) & the course is surprisingly do-able! Helpline staff are knowledgeable & encouraging, assessment turnaround times are really quick too. Excellent facilitators for practical assessments, who are really invested in ensuring that you grow as a person throughout the process. I’ve learnt so much on a personal level by doing this course, I’ve met some wonderful fellow students & of course all the wonderful AIPC staff. Overall a brilliant experience, a course that everyone should do to gain a better understanding of themselves and how they relate to others as well as being a fantastic basis for anyone wanting to become a counsellor or using counselling as part of their day to day role.

Learning Material

Wished I had done this earlier!

The facilitators were really helpful and approachable. At first I was jnsure about studying, as school work was not my thing. However, as I discovered my passion to wanting to help people, the Diploma of Counselling became a learning tool I can now implement to others with skills and confidence.
I will later down the track look into another course to further my studies. Bachelor of Human Services.
Thank you AIPC for a wonderful experience.

Regards Steph

Growing while learning

Not that difficult but not easy either. You need to be committed because at times it feels very long. Kelly my main assessor on my 1st practical , not knowing me, noticed I was afraid of silence. Amazingly I realised it was true in my life in general. So while learning counselling skills I also learned about myself. Attending the group practicals was scary at first but an invaluable experience. It was good to meet others students. The staff at Brisbane is very friendly , available and highly supportive.

Not fake news! Fake reviews

agree with grumps review. They are relentless in their marketing approach which is clearly modeled on Demtel’s strategy. No, I don’t want steak knives with my graduate diploma. Seriously, emails offering 75% discounts for 48 hours ( a countdown included in the email) is bound to put off any serious contenders as is their continued harassment despite requests they desist

Hello Nicole, thank you for your feedback. There are times during the year where we provide the opportunity for new students to enrol at a reduced price (certainly not a 75% discount though!). This can allow students to pursue their education goal, who may not otherwise be able. We only make this available to people who have connected with us previously, and include opt out and unsubscribe options. Please email admin@aipc.net.au and we will ensure your details are removed from our system. Best wishes, Sandra Poletto (AIPC).

Very good, Practical 1A and practical 2A

I found Ken the facilitator very good, he was very engaging and encouraging, I like his style of interaction with students. I gained a lot out of this. I find AIPC very professional and dedicated to providing a good learning experience for students. Thank you to the team at AIPC.

Worthwhile experience

A great opportunity to learn about basic counselling skills, learn about yourself and create opportunities for a potential career. Self paced study can be challenging as you need self motivation, but in reality there is noone that forces you to finish it as fast as you can besides yourself; we can put our own boundaries . The anxiety of the first group practical opened up a whole new world for me as the anxiety that kept me stuck , vanished the minute I realised that all six people in the room were experiencing exactly the same feeling of the unknown. A maximum of six students in the practical was very helpful and stress relieving . A huge thank you to Marissa the group facilitator who made us feel safe throughout the practicals and motivated us to keep on going with our studies. Also Jasmine at the call center was super kind and helpful throughout the process of booking classes, asking questions etc. Well done to all graduates, well done aipc for delivering a great course. Anton

Good content

For someone interested in counselling this is an excellent way to make a start. The diploma is broad and allows the student set the pace. The coordinators were helpful and the content sufficient.

A great learning experience

Thanks to Pippa Spibey for putting us at ease. Very happy with her approach to this practical 1A. I was very nervous for the role playing but it was a great learning experience.

Highly recommend AIPC !!!!

I cannot thank the college enough, their unwavering support, encouragement and course material is with out a doubt exceptional. The one element that I loved was the flexibility of the on-line component so you were not tied to a schedule.
I was drawn to study counselling because of my own story and also the desire to help others in an industry where this kind of help is very much in high need.
All I hoped to achieve with my qualification was the tools and knowledge I needed to be able to run my own practice ethically and in accordance what it means to be a counsellor.
AIPC gave me these tools and skills to practice as so much more.
At the beginning of my studies I was nervous and filled with alot of self doubt and negative self talk. A mum of 3 married, working and health issues I did not know how I was going to do it.
But after my first submission and the positive feedback that I received helped me moving forward with my studies.
What I loved about my studies was learning what it means to be counsellor skills and different options as to the types of therapies that can be used. The most important was my practical assessments and my journey with Lifeline Australia which helped to put all my theory into practice.
The most challenging element was having to resubmit an assessment and also the periods where I had to stop studying because of my own life battles coming into play. Feelings of will I ever finish.
I did though 4 years on since the date I started BUT I did it and I am extremely proud of myself.
So if your wondering whether you are making the right choice by going with AIPC you are. I originally started with ACAP and a terrible experience where I was unsupported and made to feel inadequate.

AIPC all the way
Thankyou again I am extremely proud of myself
Signing off
One very happy graduate xxoo

Focus on learning rather than performing

I have just started unit 3 and the support has been outstanding so far.
Pippa Spibey was an amazing support for the practical assessment in Perth.
The focus was on creating a learning and supporting environment rather than feeling questioned and "forced to perform" This approach opened up channels for great learnings and reflections.
Well done!

Great educational experience

I wish to thank all the AIPC staff, whom over the years have been very supportive. Having for most part a fly in -fly out job/s I have at times struggled with the diploma. The staff have been very supportive during my learning experience. I also wish to thank my practical assessor Jennifer Perino, who's wealth of knowledge was able to set me up with a solid 'toolbox' for my current position with the Royal Flying Doctor Service South Eastern as an AOD counsellor.

Best decision!

I am very satisfied with the teaching and course content of the Diploma in Counselling at AIPC. The structure of course content gives the learner the opportunity to explore teachings in an incremental way. I found this valuable as it allowed me to build on knowledge slowly and minimises any sense of being overwhelmed with information. It is also helpful when you need to go back and review information! The practical component is wonderful. The assessor's are very skilled, helpful and approachable. The team at AIPC Carina are ever friendly, caring and supportive of you and your journey towards being a Counsellor.

The best!!

This has been an amazing course for me. It has taught me so much and the level of professionalism received from everyone has been outstanding. I was 100 % satisfied with the course, the content and the tutors! I found the content so interesting that to me, it didn't feel like I was studying. I thoroughly enjoyed it!!

A fantastic way to learn and grow at your own pace.

I've found studying with AIPC to be interesting and informative. The content has at times been challenging without being difficult, the best thing has been the flexibility and having the time to progress without rushing the process. The hotline was very helpful in times when I felt stuck, the assessors of both practical and theory assessments have provided very encouraging feedback and the content of the diploma has for me been very satisfying. I am so happy I chose to study with AIPC and would highly recommend this course to anyone who is considering becoming a counsellor, it has provided me with so much knowledge.

So flexible and helpful

I was so pleased I chose to do this course! AIPC made it flexible for me to study I my own terms. Being a single mum with two primary school aged boys, working, moving etc etc I was able to study at my own pace and when it was convenient to me. I have loved learning from their wide range of highly skilled mentors who are so down to earth and are willing to provide knowledge that is above and beyond what I expected.
I would highly recommend this course to anyone.
Thanks to Rob, Michelle, Kelly and Alice....You guys are awesome!

AIPC Adelaide Diploma of Counselling

Really enjoyed the comprehensive content and delivery of this online course. It was easy to follow and self paced. The Adelaide facilitators and staff, and the phone support staff were always willing to help and make you feel at ease even during nerve wracking role play situations! You learn a lot about people and human interaction in general , and overall I found these studies personally and professionally rewarding.

Fabulous life changing experience

This course has been wonderful from start to finish - great tutors, quick response to questions, and the practicals with Elspeth were simply amazing in removing my fears and encouraging me to move forward.
Thank you to AIPC - please give this a go - you will be sooo glad you did!

Hello AIPC Diploma graduates. I have been looking at the AIPC Counselling course for a while and am happy to see so many good reviews. I have a very specific type of counselling service in mind that I would like to specialise in and launch my own business/practice from. I have a business background and would like to amalgamate my previous career experience with a counselling diploma. I am interested to ask, for those of you who have graduated, have you been able to find work from a Diploma level course? If so, what are you doing? What were the positives and negatives you wish you'd known before doing the course? I would be eternally grateful for any honest feedback, particularly with regard to career/work opportunities or barriers after completing the course. Many thanks! Pauline
Hi Pauline. I personally am looking at Volunteering with my local Community Centre to gain further experience, however I am looking at Youth Services now, and the diploma will definitely be a bonus, as well as my life experience, as I am 43 age. Good luck with it all.Thanks Steph. I don't imagine there's much work with no experience, so volunteering is a great idea. I'm hoping to use my previous experience as the leading foot in the door, so hopefully the qualification will be enough. Very much appreciate you taking the time to give me an answer.

Can you do your own work placements as they are not mentioned in the diploma of counselling?
No work placement required. However, Volunteer in Community Centres will help with gaining experience.

Is their a job guarantee after doing this course?
I have been offered another 12 months work with the Royal Flying Doctor Sevice South East AOD outreach program.

Similar listings