Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors

Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors

Course taught me a lot about myself.

The course content and theories taught me a lot about myself. I loved going to the seminars in the Melbourne Campus I always took away some little gem's of wisdom. I felt supported and met some awesome people who will continue on their pathway to amazing and meaningful work.

It fit my needs and my lifestyle

The teaching allowed me to grasp in-depth concepts on a relatable level. I had great support if I ever felt I needed it. It was great to be able to study a fantastic subject while still being able to care for my children

Great course/Great staff

The staff at AICP Ashmore Campus are awesome! Christie, Lisa and Kellie are the happiest, most helpful people you can come across - Like 'Charlie's Angels'. The course content and structure is user friendly.

Learning Material

Fulfilling, enjoyable and loving it!

If you are in the process of thinking about commencing the AIPC Diploma of Counselling then let me reassure you that you will have no regrets. I am more than half way through the course and enjoying working through my study guides (there are 18), which I believe are very informative and easy to comprehend. If unsure, you are guided by the staff who are always willing to help. The course is self paced which makes this a great option for those that are busy juggling other commitments such as work and family. That fact that the course is offered online is also a positive and the staff are extremely efficient in marking and returning back your submitted work. There are ten practicals which you are required to do and these can be done on campus, via Skype or via a recorded submission. The course has definitely allowed me to gain new skills and knowledge which I believe I will be able to put in to practice upon completion. I am definitely enjoying my journey so far and have no hesitations in recommending the AIPC.

A great course!

AIPC Diploma of Counselling course is well planned and very informative. The alternative ways to do the practical assessments provide flexibility to the students so they can choose an option best suited to them. The diploma has helped me gain more understanding about emotions and feelings. AIPC staff are easily accessible, very helpful and always there to support the student. The facilitators are very experienced and knowledgeable. They enabled me to do my best. It was a great journey for me.

Learning Material

Everyone can benefit from this course.

The AIPC Diploma of Counselling course is very well structured and easy to access. The practical seminars I attended as part of the course were run by counsellors working in counselling roles, which gives students the benefit of their experience, knowledge and skills. The course offers insights into human thinking, emotions and behaviour - which is relevant to every person, no matter which stage of life they are, or what employment goals they have. Before undertaking the Diploma, I hadn't studied on-line before and I was cautious about signing up. I needn't have been so worried. Now that I've completed the Diploma with AIPC, I am signing up for another course with them to build on the Diploma.

Perfect Fit for Me

The counselling course through AIPC has been very rewarding and insightful. I have gained many skills since starting the course, above all, I had the absolute pleasure of working with the AIPC team at Carina. Rob, Kelly, Alice and staff are very professional. At times I've needed a push to get through, they have always been there encouraging and empowering me when I needed it. The support has been outstanding. Thank you to AIPC Carina, you have definitely made my journey to being a professional counsellor a brighter one.

Learning Material

Brilliant, knowledgable, caring and so much more

AIPC has been a fantastic RTO. Having studied over the last few years a few different Diploma's none comes close to what AIPC does. For the last 18 months they have become my second family, nothing was ever too much to ask and there was always a good laugh, a wealth of knowledge and a feel of acceptance when it came to the Workshops. Assessment were marked with an incredible speed, kind and constructive feedback. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, AIPC. This is just the beginning of my journey but you certainly have given me the best possible start to this new career.

Learning Material

Care, nurturing, grace and humour

AIPC staff have fabulous communication and listening skills. They always responded to queries in a precise and timely manner and with such kindness. They hold a space of care and nurturing that is rarely found in organisations, yet makes the world of difference to their students. The service from this organisation was impeccable. The course material was clear and logical. The expectations of practical assessments was always explicit and the goals of these assessments outlined and met. Staff were knowledgeable and always willing to share their expertise with grace and humour.

Learning Material
Thank you for your feedback, Shel.

Would never consider another college other than the best!

The AIPC has been so supportive, very thorough in the delivery of up to date information and incredible service any time any day.
I trust them, I have and am still enjoying my counselling diploma with them for over two years now.
It is a college that supports you from home as well as in person, I highly recommend sticking with the best 'AIPC'.
Why settle for anything less?
Very fair prices too.

Learning Material
We appreciate your feedback, Mon.

Amazing Institute to study with

I am so glad that I found AIPC to do my diploma with.
I cannot express how appreciative I am to have had the support I have, the staff are the most friendly, professional & helpful I’ve ever come across.
I am doing my diploma at the Adelaide campus & loving every minute.
They go above & beyond to ensure you are welcomed, introduced & understand all aspects before you get started.
Their effort for support & service is 10/10.
The welcome pack was extremely thoughtful too.
Thank you so much Janet, Kerry & the team at AIPC in South Australia.
Would highly recommend studying with this institute.

Learning Material
Thank you for your review, Lauren.

Amazing Support Provided:

Studying online could be a difficult scenario not deliberating or meeting tutors in person genuinely lost total motivation moving on completing my Diploma.
Approximately giving up till attended my first Practical at Melbourne Office – no idea at all what would be conducted.
I have much privilege in meeting Preeti (tutor) who has really boosted my motivation level.
She is too kind to students explaining and correcting the requirements for improvement.
I believe after attending the Practical class I’m feeling much better in space of completing and now have ability to understand where I’m heading towards my better future.
Thank You Preeti and Melbourne Team - amazing staff welcoming students with a smile!

Finishing my diploma gave me hope and a way to look forwards again

I enrolled in my diploma in 2010 after coming out of my marriage. I wanted to use my experiences that I had learnt in my marriage and previous relationships and times when things were really hard to get through to let people know that there is hope and that you can get through it. I sent away for an information pack and when it came, I knew that I wanted to do it! I started the course but stopped doing it in 2011 due to starting another relationship, work, travel and other things. Life in general really! When I had another HUGE life change last year in 2018, on the advice from other people and myself, I got my books out and started it again. It was always in the back of mind that I wanted to finish it but it was always one of those things - you know!

Last year was a particularly hard year for me(harder than my divorce) and I ended up moving to the country The flexibility of doing the diploma online gave me the opportunity to study and not have to change my lifestyle(once again!) I'd had so may life changes in the last 10 years that I was craving some stability and direction. I started the diploma at the beginning of 2018 and by Dec of that same year(last year) I had finished. It was like a Christmas present to me! I decided to do the practicals in a group as I liked the support of like-minded people around me, but the flexibility and knowing that I can do the practicals another way was so good. I was lucky enough that I only lived 2 hours from Adelaide and could stay with my sister so this made is very easy for me.

Studying the diploma also gave me a reason to get up each day and work and look forwards to something. Not only it is a way of helping people, it has also helped myself and opened up many more doors in new and more career prospects and this is something that I would never dream of happening. I found that the workshops that I went to were also very therapeutic to me because not only did the teacher understand what I was saying when I was talking about my personal life, the other students would sit there and listen in a non-judgmental environment because we were all studying towards the same thing. I also found that by doing the practicals, it was very therapeutic for me because I was using the tools I was learning to help other people so I used them on myself!

The staff at the Adelaide office made it so easy for me to talk to and when I had an enquiry they would always help me out. I sometimes felt like I was ringing up for a stupid reason but they never said anything to make me feel stupid. They would say things like, "No, it's okay, you just do this, this and this." I also found that when I submitted a book for marking, it would get back to me with a day or two. No waiting around or having to ask them or be on their backs for feedback or when will my book arrive? They also gave constructive feedback which was great! The online forums were also great! The AIPC Diploma of Counselling Facebook page was particularly helpful. On a unit that I was particularly stuck on, I would post a comment on here and within a few minutes, someone would put a post up to help me. This was AWESOME!

I don't know about other offices interstate, but the Adelaide office and AIPC staff, teachers and everybody else have been nothing but supportive, helpful and professional. I would to thank everybody who has helped me and for those who are stuck, unmotivated or don't know quite what to do from here, just do it slowly and at your own pace. I know what it s like to have those days when you just don't want to and everything sucks, but at the end, it is so worth it! Not only have you completed your diploma but you have the qualifications to help people and what is more rewarding that that? I believe you have nothing to lose and everything to gain. I know everyone has their own stories and I know that there will be days to come when I just don't feel like doing anything and there will be really really bad day's, but if I can look back at this and know how far I have come, well then, that will make me proud!

Thank you AIPC and everybody who has helped me on my journey and I wish everybody all the very very best in their studies and their future to come!

x o x o x o

Learning Material
Thank you for sharing your journey Ness, we are very pleased you progressed your studies. All the best!Thank you!!!

Concise, supportive and professional

This counselling course has been exactly what I was after. A supportive admin team, relevant and digestible content, flexibility and care. I have been very impressed. I highly recommend the college.

Thank you, Nicole!

Will Recommend to everyone

Only have a few units to complete my diploma and confident AIPC will help me get there. They are the most supportive and welcome team. They provide you with everything you need and assist as much as possible which helps take the pressure away. I actually enjoy studying cause of these guys! Thanx :-)

Thank you, Jamie!

AIPC: Supporting, Knowledgable & Practical

I just completed my Diploma of Counselling in Adelaide through the AIPC. Thanks to their flexible study options, I was able to complete the Diploma entirely online (including the practical components). The feedback I received throughout the course was purposeful and empowering. Assistance from someone at AIPC was only every an email or phone call away; I found their staff to be informative and generous in support. I would highly recommend AIPC to anyone who is looking into studying counselling.

Learning Material
Congratulations on completing your Diploma, Jess. All the best!

Excellent course

I’ve just completed my Diploma in Counselling & I’ve found AIPC Perth to be very helpful, professional, supportive & friendly. I thoroughly recommend this course, AIPC provide you with all the materials (coursework, reading etc) & the course is surprisingly do-able! Helpline staff are knowledgeable & encouraging, assessment turnaround times are really quick too. Excellent facilitators for practical assessments, who are really invested in ensuring that you grow as a person throughout the process. I’ve learnt so much on a personal level by doing this course, I’ve met some wonderful fellow students & of course all the wonderful AIPC staff. Overall a brilliant experience, a course that everyone should do to gain a better understanding of themselves and how they relate to others as well as being a fantastic basis for anyone wanting to become a counsellor or using counselling as part of their day to day role.

Learning Material

Wished I had done this earlier!

The facilitators were really helpful and approachable. At first I was jnsure about studying, as school work was not my thing. However, as I discovered my passion to wanting to help people, the Diploma of Counselling became a learning tool I can now implement to others with skills and confidence.
I will later down the track look into another course to further my studies. Bachelor of Human Services.
Thank you AIPC for a wonderful experience.

Regards Steph

Growing while learning

Not that difficult but not easy either. You need to be committed because at times it feels very long. Kelly my main assessor on my 1st practical , not knowing me, noticed I was afraid of silence. Amazingly I realised it was true in my life in general. So while learning counselling skills I also learned about myself. Attending the group practicals was scary at first but an invaluable experience. It was good to meet others students. The staff at Brisbane is very friendly , available and highly supportive.

Not fake news! Fake reviews

agree with grumps review. They are relentless in their marketing approach which is clearly modeled on Demtel’s strategy. No, I don’t want steak knives with my graduate diploma. Seriously, emails offering 75% discounts for 48 hours ( a countdown included in the email) is bound to put off any serious contenders as is their continued harassment despite requests they desist

Hello Nicole, thank you for your feedback. There are times during the year where we provide the opportunity for new students to enrol at a reduced price (certainly not a 75% discount though!). This can allow students to pursue their education goal, who may not otherwise be able. We only make this available to people who have connected with us previously, and include opt out and unsubscribe options. Please email admin@aipc.net.au and we will ensure your details are removed from our system. Best wishes, Sandra Poletto (AIPC).

Hi I've been planning to do a diploma in counselling. I just moved to Australia and did my certificate IV in community services and currently volunteering. I wanted to ask if the institute provides with work placements during this course and what are the job prospects?
Hi there, I am currently with the AIPC, your best phoning them direct and get personalised answers. Well done on your very 4, keep up the good work.

Hello AIPC Diploma graduates. I have been looking at the AIPC Counselling course for a while and am happy to see so many good reviews. I have a very specific type of counselling service in mind that I would like to specialise in and launch my own business/practice from. I have a business background and would like to amalgamate my previous career experience with a counselling diploma. I am interested to ask, for those of you who have graduated, have you been able to find work from a Diploma level course? If so, what are you doing? What were the positives and negatives you wish you'd known before doing the course? I would be eternally grateful for any honest feedback, particularly with regard to career/work opportunities or barriers after completing the course. Many thanks! Pauline
Hi Pauline. I personally am looking at Volunteering with my local Community Centre to gain further experience, however I am looking at Youth Services now, and the diploma will definitely be a bonus, as well as my life experience, as I am 43 age. Good luck with it all.Thanks Steph. I don't imagine there's much work with no experience, so volunteering is a great idea. I'm hoping to use my previous experience as the leading foot in the door, so hopefully the qualification will be enough. Very much appreciate you taking the time to give me an answer.

Can you do your own work placements as they are not mentioned in the diploma of counselling?
No work placement required. However, Volunteer in Community Centres will help with gaining experience.

Similar listings