Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors

Australian Institute of Professional Counsellors

Excellent Course

Very encouraging classroom learning environment with wise industry-experienced lecturers. Excellent off-campus lecturer learning support provided. Module learning materials included a broad range of theoretical concepts. The diploma is a great foundation for the Bachelor of Counselling.

Teaching Staff

Looking after their students!

The whole team are a pleasure to study with. The assessors are very knowledgeable and full of wisdom and experience. The office staff always looked after me. The campus at Carina is very welcoming, feels like a second home.
The content was difficult at times, and I would have liked to learned a little more about trauma.
Otherwise I really enjoyed the content. I thought I knew alot before I started the diploma in counselling but I learned so so much more. Thankyou Rob and the team for helping me along my journey.

Amazing course

I have already learned so much from the course and am finding the skills useful for both my personal and professional life.

The course content is straightforward and the assessment takes effort but is not overly challenging. The tutors at Adelaide are super helpful and supportive and I've met some great students too.

I would highly recommend studying with AIPC.

Excellent course!

I just completed the Diploma of Counselling! I liked the self paced nature of the course which suited me well. The face to face workshops provided a great opportunity to practice what we have learned and was well supported by the facilitators. I have no hesitation in recommending this course to anyone.

Diploma of Counselling with AIPC

I found the AIPC Diploma of Counselling course absolutely wonderful!
Having just finished studying a Diploma with a UK company, I found this course to be really great with
help and encouragement if you needed it and the staff were all so wonderful!
Self-paced made it less stressful and the practical sessions were great!
Thank you AIPC Sunshine Coast and Brisbane!

Learning Material

AIPC is a great institute for people ongoing studying

It is amazing that i am going to graduate from my diploma of community services and i can't believe it. Here thank all the staff of AIPC for your advice, guidance, help, patience , and encouragement ! I am here especially to thank Brett for your wonderful services to me. I also thank my mate Felix who introduced me to AIPC in the first place. I can't use any words to express my appreciation to all the staff of AIPC, i can't succeed without you!

Learning Material

A Stepping Stone To Expanding My Talents..

As a Therapist and based at home with my own business, after much research I found the AIPC online course to be the best alternative to furthering my career as a Counsellor. Financially affordable and self paced I found the content of the course to be extremely well balanced and precise. I found the practical sessions to be very heart centred and with a genuine holistic approach. I would also like to express my appreciation for the valuable support from the professional team in Buderim on the Sunshine Coast. I have no hesitation in recommending the AIPC to anyone who wishes to follow their passion and desire to become a Counsellor.

Best education provider I have dealt with in Australia

I completed my Diploma of Counselling with AIPC earlier this year and highly recommend them. Having studied for a Certificate IV through another online education provider, I have found AIPC to be far superior in terms of student support, course material layout and content and assessment methods. The website is intuitive and easy to navigate, and the staff are helpful, enthusiastic and informed. I highly recommend AIPC to anyone who is comparing online education providers and would definitely use them again for my future studies.

By Clive Greaves

I really enjoyed the course having completed my Diploma in 8 months. The material was very interesting and I found this very practical and relevant. The facilitators were really supportive and I found the practicals very interesting. I believe I learnt as much from the practicals as I did for the material. I am starting my own practice now and know that I have a good base to work with now that I have completed my diploma. Thank you to all involved for the wonderful experience that I had in the last 8 months.

Learning Material

AIPC all the way. Highly recommend them. Value for money. What's not to love.

I completed my diploma in about 7 months and I have continued to study with AIPC. Fantastic support, students have choices on how to complete practicals, course content was clear and easy to understand, Value for money, online studies and you dont miss anything and no pressure. They celebrate your little achievements along the way. Awsome administration. Sunshine Coast, Buderim is my area and the admin team have made me feel part of the AIPC family not a student number.I reccomend them highly. It's well worth it. I chose AIPC out of 5 other providers. And I don't regret my decision at all.

Learning Material

The best 7 years of my life!

The AIPC has been such a wonderful blessing in my life for the last 7 years, not only do I love studying with them, the material and resources were outstanding and the content so valuable but it also provided me the knowledge and encouragement to enter into the real world of Counselling and satisfaction in helping clients. I have now achieved my Diploma of Counselling, my Graduate Diploma of Counselling in two streams and four Advanced Study Majors... it has been life changing, I highly recommend 5/5!

Learning Material

4 1/2 stars!! Thanks AIPC.

I am very happy with the teaching and the course content of the Diploma of Counselling. I thoroughly researched both online and blended self-paced courses and chose AIPC because I wanted to attend face to face learning/assessment seminars. I am happy with my choice, even though AIPC was no where near the cheapest course, I benefited greatly from the seminars and achieved what I had set out to achieve. I would highly recommend attending the seminars if possible. The facilitators, all different but effective in their own way, provided a safe place to learn and develop my skills, and I got to meet and share stories, knowledge, and the journey, with other students along the way. Thanks AIPC for providing a great learning experience.

Pleasure to be studying

At the halfway point through my Diploma I'm very pleased that I decided to do this course. Although I've done related study in the past there is still plenty to learn and I appreciate the flexibility of being able to do it at my own pace, fitting it into a busy family life. I cannot recommend the instructors and staff highly enough. All are very knowledge and helpful, with different areas of expertise. It is a pleasure to be undertaking the study!

Fully supported

The course content was very thorough, and went into great detail. The teaching was highly professional and fully supportive and encouraging. The only dificult part about this course was managing my own study hours.

Living the Dream

My dream and passion to become a counsellor was planted approximately 30 years ago. I experienced detours along the way; marriage, children, career and financial security and life in general. It was not until I was in my 40s that opportunities presented themselves to make my dream into reality.
I’d completed an Advanced Diploma in Counselling and Family Therapy qualification, studying online in 2009. I then operated a part-time private practice for approximately 5-6 years. Private practice can be challenging. At times it made me feel like I was alone on an island due to absence of co-workers to debrief with or offload to. Supervision occurred, but it was not the same. Online study can be challenging too and you need to be disciplined with your time and motivated to keep going, at risk of procrastination. I’d gained a Masters qualification in procrastination, which I identified, through supervision and counselling, was a fear of failing to achieve my dream. AIPC provide valuable tips and support through their staff and lecturers if procrastination are one of your required growth areas.
I decided to up skill to a Bachelor of Counselling (BAC) with AIPC following feedback and unsuccessful attempts to acquire employment in organisations. It was a necessity to continue paid work, therefore AIPC BAC online study option was perfect for me.
Yes, I experienced highs and lows, major procrastination, doubt and lack of confidence also crept in. I considered quitting and deferred semesters due to personal commitments. The flexibility and non-judgemental understanding from AIPC staff, when deferring, was appreciative and motivated me to keep going to complete my degree. This motivation was vital as I was stretched to achieve higher standards by the lecturers, which I now appreciate and acknowledge was necessary to prepare and equip me when I began my journey in the counselling field.
AIPC have structured the BAC with a variety of valuable unit topics and compulsory intensive residential school attendances to equip us to enter the field with an overall understanding of responsibilities, knowledge and insight into the world of counselling. Some of the units I enjoyed learning more about were grief counselling, developmental psychology in children, adolescence, adults and the aged. Learning more about family and couple counselling, specifically Gottman Method and the various counselling therapies, ethics, law in practice has provided me with added confidence to provide the best service I can to my clients. I am confident with shared knowledge within an organisation, co-workers will also benefit.
During my time with AIPC, the staff and lecturers of AIPC have been very supportive, professional and attentive to all my enquiries. They demonstrated empathy and understanding through all my meltdowns, which I have truly appreciated. I completed my BAC, after 4 years of study in February 2019. I was successful to acquire part-time employment through my first Counselling Practicum placement and know my path has reconnected to the counselling journey to fulfil my purpose and live the dream as a passionate counsellor. My passion is to walk with clients, knowing it is a privilege to be invited into their worlds and gain their trust to help them through their trials and challenges, teaching and empowering them to feel confident and belief they can make choices to achieve their goals and their dreams towards a healthier and better well-being.
I would highly recommend AIPC to anyone considering further study to fulfil their dream towards working in the field of Counselling.

Fabulous course content & support

I am nearly halfway through the course, it gives you a great introduction to develop the skills for counselling. The staff are extremely supportive, you get great feedback from the assignment markers and phone calls and notes of encouragement to keep going. The in class assessments are also well run and you learn great skills from the assessors and fellow students.

AIPC is an amazing place to study, the level of support is outstanding.

The teachers and assessors are absolutely lovely and really go the extra mile to help you.
The course content is interesting and easy to navigate and there are plenty of opportunites to meet up with fellow students through the workshops and student meet up nights.

Learning Material

Course taught me a lot about myself.

The course content and theories taught me a lot about myself. I loved going to the seminars in the Melbourne Campus I always took away some little gem's of wisdom. I felt supported and met some awesome people who will continue on their pathway to amazing and meaningful work.

It fit my needs and my lifestyle

The teaching allowed me to grasp in-depth concepts on a relatable level. I had great support if I ever felt I needed it. It was great to be able to study a fantastic subject while still being able to care for my children

Great course/Great staff

The staff at AICP Ashmore Campus are awesome! Christie, Lisa and Kellie are the happiest, most helpful people you can come across - Like 'Charlie's Angels'. The course content and structure is user friendly.