Listing monitored by Mental Health Academy

• Learning Material

Simone
SimoneMurray Region, NSW

Mental Health Academy

I have attended a few webinars with MHA now but the biggest was the 3 day Suicide Prevention Summit. This was professional & easy to attend with amazing guest speakers. All of it was live too. Being able to access the recordings of each guest was also a bonus
I haven’t had any problems to log in to live webinars.
MHA deserve to be congratulated xx

Michelle S
Michelle SCanberra 2600, ACT

Fantastic Summit.

The summit was fantastic. There were so many different topics that covered a large section of society, literally something for everyone. Easy to access the videos if you were unable to set aside the time on the actual webinar days. Lots of opportunity to ask questions and consider different options. I recommended a lot of articles and website to others that i work with and will continue to recommend this to others.

Funmilayo
FunmilayoHunter Region, NSW

The suicide prevent summit was excellent, in-depth discussions, the event was well organized.

Very Satisfied, the Experts discussions especially on the topics: delivering crisis support with care, Beyond Gatekeeper Training, Psychological interventions for suicidal youth and their families, suicide prevention in old Age.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

C.
C.North Queensland, QLD

Excellent Comprehensive Suicide Prevention Summit

The Suicide Prevention Summit was extremely well organised with a diverse range of experts offering interesting and pertinent information providing the opportunity to learn much useful information to put into practice.

Brigit
BrigitPerth

Great viewing.

I felt the course was very well presented. Clear and informative information. Felt like it was easy to understand and lots of take away content to put into practise. Loved it.

J Bill
J BillFar North Queensland, QLD

Excellent Summit!

Diverse topics. I especially enjoyed the LGBTQI+, youth, aging, and men's presentations. I found these 4 presentations to be very interesting; the presenters were knowledgeable, the content was excellent, and they presented their topics very well. I would highly recommend this annual summit, especially when you get such great presentations on a wide range of diverse and very relevant topics.

This was perfect and benefit for me: SUICIDE PREVENTION, how to solve

Teachers were qualified and competent on the topic of our summit. The methodology used by teachers was interesting and attractive. There was no problem for me listen and to understand the suicide prevention.

Graeme
GraemeSydney, NSW

Suicide Prevention Summit par excellence.

Mental Health Academy has again excelled itself with presenters who are teaching us the most knowledgeable up to date Suicide Prevention courses. Learning is a lifelong experience, especially in the field of Suicide Prevention. Thank you everyone.

R Williams
R WilliamsSouth West, WA

Brilliant

I found the summit extremely valuable. There was a diverse range of topics covered and the presenters were engaging. I found the LGBTQI+ presentation particularly interesting. Very well organised. Thank you for providing the content online for an extended period too.

Wonderful summit !!

The numerous webinars presented by the many knowledgeable subject matter experts really brought the summit to its peak with so much to learn and take on of current trends and research. The topics presented were current and helpful.

Jacqui
JacquiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Well worth attending

The online summit was very valuable to my work in the suicide prevention field. It was great to hear from such an array of speakers and especially important to feature the voice of lived experience. I loved that we could watch the webinars at a later date if unable to attend the live sessions.

Kirstin
KirstinSydney, NSW

Powerful content and great learning opportunity

This was the first MHA course/Suicide Prevention Summit I've attended, and thoroughly enjoyed it. The entire online summit was very well organized and efficient. The content was engaging, useful, and certain presenters were particularly excellent in their delivery - I'll be following them more closely from now on for further education and learning opportunities! Thanks again MHA.

Kim
KimSouth East Queensland, QLD

A yearly PD I look forward to

This is a fantastic resource for anyone in the industry to learn new ways, hear new ideas on supporting through suicide. Great resources and downloads provided for ongoing use. I look forward to this every year and book as soon as I see it advertised as its getting more and more popular with the amazing insightful guess speakers.

Peta
PetaLaunceston, TAS

Fabulous training at no cost..... Amazing.

The annual Suicide Prevention summit was the first I have attended in a virtual world. The speakers were engaging and the content amazing. This training was like engaging in a collegial workshop, as I could really relate to what was being presented in my own practice, and to have presenters currently in practice makes for an authentic learning experience.

Jane
JaneLaunceston, TAS

Putting my learning into practice.

I was able to share the information I learnt with students at work. Having facts and insight on suicide prevention and what impacts people is excellent.
The many guest speakers were engaging and generous with their knowledge which made the 3 days worthwhile.

Read more reviews - page 2

Ursula
Ursulaasked

Are your courses recognised by the Australian Psychological society for CPD?

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Ursula. The APS and the Psychology Board of Australia do not accredit/recognise any CPD activities or providers. Therefore, psychologists are not limited to CPD offered by specific providers – they have the flexibility to choose the CPD options that best suit their own needs. That said, all Mental Health Academy courses meet the criteria for "Active CPD" established by the Board.

Siobhan
Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph
Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

See all Mental Health Academy questions