Mental Health Academy

Mental Health Academy

What an EPIC three day event!!!

This was my first adventure into the MHA 2019 Suicide Prevention summit online webinar was fantastic. Professional in every sense...from the amazing speakers to Pedro's Q&A sessions and managing the odd technical difficulties. So much up to date and relevant information over the three days that we can take into the complex world of mental health and suicide prevention. Practical information that we can use to encourage clients stories and provide useful community links. Loved so many of the sessions and brought Stacey Freedenthal's book and download apps...information overload but in a positive way.
Big thanks to Pedro and all the team for a successful event. Now just to integrate it all.
Cannot wait for the next one.
Regards Deanne

A good Webinar with interesting Presenters

I found the webinar to be interesting with sone really interesting Presenters. After many years working in the therapeutic field i really found the new theories & ideas really useful. I especially liked the subjects highlighting peer support on Lived Experiences.
I hope many Professionals will take on these new ideas which are showing benefits and hopefully the lessening of the numbers of suicides throughout the World.
Question time was great and good to be able to access any missed sessions later.
Thank you to Pedro for his excellent facilitation.

Learning Material

An incredibly powerful and informative training session.

I was extremely satisfied with the teaching and course content. The content covered the topic of suicide in a myriad of ways. The summit exceeded my learning expectations. I also met some fabulous people along the way.

Suicide Prevention Summit

A great selection of presenters provided the latest research and thought provoking information. Thankyou to all for providing a fantastic learning environment and a valuable tool kit to continue this work.

Learning Material
Thank you very much, Coral! We're glad you've enjoyed the Summit.

2019 Suicide Prevention Summit

Mental Health Academy and Lifeline Australia partnered to bring a suicide prevention online conference via 15 live, 1-hour webinar sessions, with session recordings available for on-demanding streaming for 14 days afterwards. It was entirely free to attend. It brought together presenters from around the globe, providing the opportunity to learn, be challenged and encouraged. Insight was gained by looking at the latest knowledge and support/treatment options for suicide prevention from different perspectives.
Thank you to all involved.

Thanks for the review, Deb!

Informative Summit

An informative 3 day summit with relevant subjects from a diverse range of quality speakers . Especially appreciated the Q And A section of each session. Look forward to next summit.

Thank you for the review, Cheryl!

Great deal for counselling students

The 30 day trial was an amazing offer. I am so grateful to MHA for this. I used it to complete 6 short courses, one with several components that could be done separately. This has helped me gain further knowledge and skills to use on placement as well as accrue CPD points, all before my usual study commitments of the semester have kicked in. The charity component of MHA making donations to several causes was also a great motivator. The courses were of varying levels of complexity and the assessments mostly very straightforward.Thank you MHA. I will be considering a paid membership in the future.

Hi Kate. Thanks for the amazing feedback! We look forward to welcoming you back to our community when you have a chance to re-join. All the best!

This gives me the opportunity to undertake extra learning at a time that suits me and is appropriate to my needs

I was impressed with the content as being relevant to my current job as a crisis supporter. I found the assessment more of a learning experience than a 'test' and it was possible to return to the course content for clarification if necessary.

Learning Material
Thanks for the great feedback Debra! We're really happy to 'hear' that you're truly enjoying your MHA membership. All the best!

An excellent adjunct to face to face PD training

Provides an excellent over view of a number of relevant therapies/topics, and has encouraged me to delve deeper into therapies that I have been initially cynical about. Allows me to obtain my necessary PD without panicking at the end of the year!

Hi Kathy - thanks for the comments & review! We're thrilled to read that your professional development appetite is growing through your MHA membership! We strongly believe exploring a range of topics is greatly beneficial for therapists and mental health professionals. All the best!

Practicality of MHA

The information presented in both text & video was of a high standard & the online website/course is a pleasure to use

Thanks for the lovely feedback, Noosh! It's great to read that you're enjoying your learning with MHA. All the very best!

Mental Health Academy courses assisted in my recovery.

It has been over 5 years since I joined the Academy and am loving the learning experience.
The courses in particular with those concerning the brain, have been extremely helpful with my recovery from a major stroke and cardiac events in November 2017.
Every course I have undertaken with the content and presenter(s) has been excellent.

Hi Graeme. Thank you for the great review. It's humbling to read that we've been able to make a positive difference in your personal and professional development. Thanks for being part of our community. We wish you all the best!

A great PD opportunity

I enjoy being able to do regular courses in an appropriate amount of time, which also allows me to learn more about certain topics

Hi Maree. Thanks for the feedback on your experience with MHA. We're glad you are enjoying your learning - take care!

Great program

I was very satisfied with the course content, it is difficult at times, but can be managed by reviewing, the work.

Hi Toni - thanks for the lovely feedback! And a Merry Xmas to you!

Very convenient Professional Development

The course are very informative and easy to work through. I think it is a bit expensive because there is not enough time to make full use of the information. I only have the basic membership and cannot access the videos unless I pay more. I think that is a bit unfair as the teaching medium has moved into this arena.

Hi Ann, thank you for your review and comments. We offer a text-only type of membership at a lower membership rate because some of our members cannot access video content due to poor internet connections. We are sorry you feel our Premium membership (which includes video access) is "a bit expensive". But if you compare our costs, both per learning hour & per individual CPD course, against that of other providers - you'll notice that with MHA you can access a much greater variety & volume of learning at a significantly lower investment. We're happy to send you some comparisons if you would like - reach out to us on help@mentalhealthacademy.com.au. Thanks again for your feedback!

A high quality PD event worth attending

Great event with lots of varying topics related to mental health. Really enjoyed the expert presenters and the quality of the webinars. Looking forward to next year!

Thanks for the review & comments, Salma! All the best!

2018 Summit

I found it very beneficial to participate in the 2018 online Summit offered through the Mental Health
Academy for a variety of reasons - the opportunity to listen to national and international speakers via webinar sessions or afterwards without having to travel to do so was time, cost effective and convenient; hearing about current research topics relevant to counselling and therapy were informative, helpful and inspiring; including the opportunity to ask questions after each presentation provided an immediate link and connectedness between the listeners and each speaker. Participating in the Summit as a fund raiser for Act For Kids supported the importance of uniting as a professional group/ community to make a difference in children's lives, their families or Carers.

Thanks for the fantastic review, Madonna! We're glad you enjoyed the 2018 Mental Health Super Summit & look forward to bringing you more valuable professional development opportunities. All the best!

Excellent opportunity to meet so many influential academics in modern mental health

The summit was beyond my expectations. The generosity of the presenters to reach out to them directly is an unexpected and of course a fantastic gain. The on-demand videos played without glitches and the format and timeframes were so flexible that I managed to watch all the presentations I was interested about (12 in total). In general I got much more than I expected. I will definitely recommend it to my colleagues and thank you very much Pedro for putting so many excellent academics together; I know that you have a humanitarian purpose for your business endeavours and I am glad that all the attendants contributed to such a great cause. Count on me next year

Hi Cesar - thank you for the awesome feedback! We really appreciate your comments & look forward to bringing you further excellent professional development opportunities for many years to come! All the best!

Very good event - well worthwhile

This is the fourth Mental Health Super Summit I've attended and I really like the format and the range of speakers. I didn't manage to watch as many session in real time as past years but I liked that I could catch up at a later date. The speakers were all excellent. Many thanks.

Thanks for your review and comments, Sue!

Great opportunity for professional development

I have attended this event for two years now and it has been fantastic both times. There is a great variety of speakers with a lot of clinical application and so much flexibility in attending the online sessions - either live or you can watch video recordings afterwards. I get something valuable out of it every time and will continue to register in the future.

Thanks for the lovely feedback, Chelsea! We're glad you've gained value from attending the last two editions of the Mental Health Super Summit, and hope you continue to attend for many years to come. All the very best.

Superb - event not to be missed

Superb, up to date and comprehensive selection of presenters and topics for the Super Summit. And exceptionally well organised - prior to, during and post event.

Thanks for the lovely feedback Kerri! We're glad you've enjoyed the Mental Health Super Summit. Take care!

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks
You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditationHi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate
Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates. If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!

Similar listings