Mental Health Academy

Mental Health Academy

Good source of online Professional Development

I have found the MHA online courses to be a helpful and informative way to undertake further learning. I live in a regional area so the online format suits me.

Excellent Overall Learning Experience

As a Mental Health Academy member I find the courses online method of education delivery very flexible and convenient. I am really enjoying my learning experience with MHA. The courses content provide very helpful information and the high quality of teaching and training offered provide a valuable opportunity to track my learning while gaining recognition for professional and/or personal development. Thank you MHA!
Maria, QLD

Flexible and High Quality

I loved the high quality of the training offered and it's flexible delivery. I can access the training when and where it is convenient for me. I will continue to use this service to meet my CPD requirements.

Learning Material

Really good for managing professional development

Find the courses really beneficial, online delivery makes it convenient and the number of courses available for a monthly fee has significantly reduced my professional development costs. Highly recommend this membership

Amazingly educational!

As a youth counsellor I am always looking for new ways to connect with clients, increase understanding and knowledge, and, keep up to date with the latest research and methods. Mental Health Academy has such a wide range of relevant courses that I am spoilt for choice. The content is fantastic, the research that goes with the content is up to date and the learning modes are all engaging. I only wish I had come across this site earlier.

MHA courses and Summits

The MHA programs and initiatives, including the summits enhanced Mental health practice and practitioner skills enormously. The range of topics, the international speakers and the professionalism of MHA's presentation of material has made it possible for everyone to extent their professional skills and knowledge.I have found every aspects of the MHA to be extremely useful, informative, professional, educational, stimulating and at times thought provoking. Not to mention affordable.

The courses are challenging enough to make them valuable but the diverse range of courses offered encourages you to extend your knowledge by completing more.

Thank you for the excellent review, Jude!

good access to great training

I enjoyed the option to learn that didn't take me away from work and family , I found the content of the education informative and current .This has increased my skills as a clinician and a manager in Mental health

Learning Material
Thanks for the review, Anne!

Suicide Prevention Summit

I recently participated in the Suicide Prevention Summit. I was impressed with the range of experiences presented by the guest speakers. I appreciated that presentations were available live and on demand. This takes the stress out of putting three days aside for training - something many can't do. I also enjoyed the range of presentations. Mental Health workers need the availability of resources and information that was presented together with much thought provoking information. MHA provides an excellent way to access the latest ideas and thoughts on a range of topics in a manner that I find useful because it is in one spot , concise and readily available. This summit is a great example of that. It bought to my attention new areas of research I didn't know about, a wealth of presenters knowledge and experience sometimes different to mine as a practitioner and gave me three days to reflect and review. Thank you to Lifeline and MHA for the great work you are doing and to the presenters for their kind generosity of time and wisdom.

Learning Material
Thanks for the fantastic review, Roz!

Suicide Prevention Summit

I recently participated in the Suicide Prevention Summit co-hosted by Mental Health Academy and Lifeline. I was really impressed with the overall quality of the presentations. The information provided was not only very relevant to everyday practice, but it was also thought provoking and prompted me to further reflect on my own practice. Providing links to a variety of additional resources was fantastic and I have no doubt that this information will come in very useful! Thank you to all of the presenters who very generously gave their time and shared their practice wisdom and to Mental Health Academy and Lifeline, who made it possible for so many mental health professionals to be able to participate in such a valuable learning opportunity free of charge.

Thanks for the lovely review, Clare!

Suicide Prevention Summit 2019

I find MHA an excellent resource for PD. This Summit was a great example of the relevant and current information that is made available to us through on-line presentations. I also really appreciate that MHA made freely available the wealth of information that was presented in the Summit. This method of delivery, both live and on-demand, recognises that mental health practitioners cannot always attend a whole conference/ seminar etc., and gives us the opportunity to access all the great content when we can.

Learning Material
Thanks for the lovely review, Karen!

Free Suicide Prevention Summit

The quality and quantity of information given freely by the Mental Health Academy was fantastic. The presentations were accessible both live and on demand, which made it suitable for attending no matter what your commitments. I would not hesitate to access them for further courses.

Learning Material
Thanks for the awesome review, Cherie!

Flexibility and relevant content was the key

Having the capacity to link in to the webinars and watch on demand was a huge advantage for me
The content was very applicable to the issues we all face.

Thanks for the review, Heather!

Time well spent

This was the first time I have been involved in a conference on-line. I loved the concept and set aside time at the time of delivery to attend. I loved listening in the comfort of my own home. I also loved that I got to watch the videos afterwards and see what I hadn't seen. Access to the handouts was great too.

Learning Material
Thanks for the review, Ruth!

Suicide Prevention Summit

I thought the accessibility to the presentation materials and the video recordings were very convenient to those of us that could not attend the live webinars. For a conference at no cost, it was superb and the quality of the presenters were equal or better than many of the paid conferences I have attended. I could see that everyone has a true passion for what they do and how they can contribute to reducing the risk of those we lose to suicide and support those left behind. A diverse range of speakers both in research and in practice was very valuable to those listening. The current research findings and practice knowledge offered, has certainly given me food for thought in my practice with the young people I work with. Many of the presenters gave great links to services here, and valuable insight into what is working and service gaps. I particularly appreciated hearing about how lived experience can provide valuable insight and support.

Learning Material
Thanks for the awesome review, Danielle!

Suicide Prevention Summit - Good choice of multimedia delivery and speaker options

The course (over 3 days) meant that a certain juggle was needed to attend.
I enjoyed some of the presentations and loved others - I think that was the essence of the course, the diversity meant that this would have appeal and attention to a variety of practitioners.

From a difficulty perspective - timing and attendance were probably the most difficult. The subject however was delivered in such a way as to be objective, useful and to give some great perspectives to consider.

Learning Material
Thanks for the review, Amanda!

This is SO important for our communities!

I thought that the content was quite diverse in context and range of issues presented.
It was, I thought, very effectively presented because I was able to choose between topics according to both my personal areas of interest and employment sector. As a Trainer, I choose topics that may also benefit a diverse range of students that I support.

Learning Material
Thanks for the lovely feedback, Jeanette!

Suicide Summit

Tis had something for every person working in the Human Services. Although there was no cost the level of information and the quality of the speakers was equal to other paid seminars I have attended. The on demand sessions fitted so well in to everyone's busy schedules. I look forward to similar opportunities to upskill and re-enforce new learnings.

Thanks for the great review, Shona!

Very informative, instructive and useful for clinical actions.

I have already written my feed back in your previous survey. I can only add that clinicians who attended the seminar will be better equipped with various strategies for the assessment, treatment and referring suicidal individuals to various competent services.

Learning Material
Thanks for the excellent review, Nikola!

Excellent in-depth exposure to the topic of self-harm and suicide

I feel very fortunate to have had access to quality seminars at no cost to me, to enrich my knowledge and practice. Suicide is an important topic that therapists should be able to address with some confidence and capability. The summit provided excellent variety to test ones knowledge, get new insight and challenge existing concepts. It was great to have on-demand access, so one could find the time to fit it into ones work-life.
Very impressive. Can't wait for the next summit!

Thanks for the excellent review, Chris!

Superb Suicide Summit

The summit was fabulous on so many levels, from great speakers who shared informative and useful content to ease of access at a time convenient to me. I can honestly say that I learnt something from each of the presentations as speakers shared not only their knowledge but experiences. If that wasn't enough - it was all free, which was fabulous, enabling many people to access valuable information which is often out of reach when considering the majority of conferences.

Thanks for the excellent review, Kats!

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site? Kind regards Obi
Hi Siobhan, I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks
You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditationHi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate
Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates. If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!