• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material
PenMarie

PenMarieSouth East Queensland, QLD

Brilliant, not-to-be missed summit

What a privilege to benefit from the experience and insights of these high-level mental health professionals and speakers in such a professional finely honed format. It presented a treasure trove of information and resources which I will be referring to consistently in my own practice over time to come. Thank you to the Mental Health Academy and Pedro Gondim for this outstanding learning experience

Susan B

Susan BGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Excellent, well presented weekend event...

The course content was well thought out with diverse and informative content. Each guest speaker was interesting and offered information and perspective that will support my practice Into the future.

Mia

MiaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Brilliant Event with Quality Speakers.

Great way to spend a weekend on Professional Development.
Well organised and schedule was well thought out with great breaks between speakers.
All speakers pitched at a very understanding level.
Highly recommend to attend. Looking forward to attending the summit again next year.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

Mark M

Mark MFar North Queensland, QLD

Variety of topics and presenter backgrounds.

Some useful and interesting material presented. Most guest speakers were enthusiastic and delivered content based on their experience, supplemented by data. Others were not so adept and presented in a less inspiring manner.

Overall the content was not difficult to understand or digest. More emphasis on real-world suicide prevention strategies, case studies with outcomes etc. would be an improvement. Perhaps more presenters who work in the field rather than academics?

Great format during COVID

I enjoyed the format and the speed of the posting of the sessions and content.
Content was varied and informative; I'll use this information in my practice.
There were some IT issues with a few of the presenters.

Interesting content and speakers

The presenters were interesting, knowledgeable and very easy and clear to understand. A good range of topics were covered over the two days.
Great idea to have the recording up too.

Bonny

BonnyWestern Australia

Thank you to all the passionate and knowledgeable industry leaders and specialist for including us to make a difference

The teaching was current and relevant, thank you. I was very satisfied it did struggle to keep focused as it was the weekend of my birthday so I am absolutely pleased that the recoding was emailed. I managed to find time to go through it at my own pace and really focus on the nuggets of information that are relevant to me and the people I come into. Ontario t with. It was sufficient for me to grasp but I found that from the re-recording it help me to answer questions I had missed or just had At the back of my mind.

Tessa C.

Tessa C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great speakers, host and information!

Presenters and content were great. Would have loved an abstract of each talk prior to the start of the summit as I could have better picked appropriate talks to attend.

Raffaella Caldera

Raffaella CalderaNorthern Region, NSW

very helpful

Enjoyed the second presentation and the the presentation of trans gender on Day 1 as it provided information and strategies.
The presenters were knowledgeable and the presentations easy and clear to understand.

WehatePD

WehatePDGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great online conference The course had a variety of topics to cater for all interests

Enjoyed the first two presentations on Day 1 particularly as it provided helpful information and strategies. The presenters were informed and knowledgeable. The programme was presented smoothly and professionally. Great facilitation and coordination.

An invaluable opportunity to share space with industry leaders & peers discussing new ideas & knowledge.

The event and FB page created connections , renewed motivation & a deeper understanding about suicide prevention. Appreciated the breaks between sessions that enabled the ability to balance life over the weekend.

Learning Material

This was very informative giving more insight and therefore understanding enabling better support.

Knowing there are so many passionate people driving better education for those of us working with vulnerable people is so reassuring. I didnr find this difficult but did find it packed with valuable information to assist in providing useful support.

Christine

ChristineGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very informative Summit

The presenters were all very knowledgeable and it was great to have access to the slides and recordings as a recap. As someone working as telephone counsellor I found the information provided was easy to understand but was also thought provoking. Perhaps shorter breaks between the morning lectures and a longer break at lunchtime may have worked better for me and my family commitments. I will definitely enrol for the next mental health summit.

Glad to attend

The speakers were all knowledgeable and interesting. Glad that it was available online. Would have been better to have shorter breaks, having one hour between each speaker was too long and made it difficult to attend all sessions. Would have liked a certificate of completion also.

Amanda

AmandaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

lots of really relevant and usual information

I was very satisfied, having access to both the slides and videos was great to recap. the speakers were interesting and able to present with enthusiasm and knowledge. Working currently in suicide prevention it was very relevent and thought provoking.

Education & Training Services

Excellent summit very informative!

I didn't know what to expect from the summit and it surpassed my expectations. I was very impressed with the speakers and the content and will definitely be enrolling in the next one. I especially enjoyed learning about the different experience of suicidality across genders and indigenous communities.

Abby

AbbyPilbara, WA

One shouldn't miss out !!!

It was quite Interesting and Informative.I am 100% satisfied by the way it was conducted /organised.Loved the Suicide Prevention of transgender and diverse young people session was quite interesting also 7 C's . Timing and breaks given were quite ample because its an intense subject.

Natasha

NatashaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fantastic experience

As a current student In the field I joined up with no expectations, however I was really impressed with the discussion topics and the high caliber- and great variety- of the the key speakers. I took fantastic Information away from each of the webinars I attended, and I definitely plan to catch up on the few I missed. If this is being run again next year, I will be there again and I will be recommending to others- thank you for a great experience.

2020 Suicide Prevention Summit

I enjoyed listening to the presenters who were very professional in their presentations and their material presented was well researched. Thank you for organising the summit and for the presenters for allowing access to their PowerPoint presentations.

Andrea

AndreaGippsland, VIC

Suicide Prevention Summit, worth the weekend spent in front of my computer

Some really great presentations by passionate and interesting people. Up to date and relevant and gave me plenty to think about and some great resources, thank you for your time and expertise.

Siobhan

Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

Joshua L.Mental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph

Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

Joshua L.Mental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

Kate

Kateasked

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate

Toni
Toni

Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates.
If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.

Joshua L.Mental Health Academy

Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Mental Health Academy representatives