• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material

It is difficult subject matter and the presenters kept information relevant, factual, and interesting to listen to.

Very satisfied. The teaching was informed by evidence and up-to-date practice. I appreciate that the summit is a way to keep in touch with current research and practice development in Australia and other nations. Thanks to all who make the learning and communication possible!

A Ward

A WardIllawarra, NSW

Well done to the presenters.

I learnt a number of things to take with me into my work. Many different presenters with different interesting topics under the one umbrella of Suicide Prevention. Keep up the good work Mental Health Academy as people get a lot out of your efforts.

Dianne

DianneNorth-West & West coast, TAS

Professional Quality Speakers

Great course, good variety of content and well researched data. Great to hear from experts and passionate people who knew their subject. Sensitive approaches all round. Found it very helpful.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

Julie F

Julie FNorth Western Region, NSW

Well worth it!

The content of the summit was very good. It was informative, current and very relevant for our times. I learnt practical things that I am able to take into my own practice especially regarding Men's mental Health and CAMS. Thank you for this opportunity to listen to experts on the topic of Suicide.

Learning Material

Informative sessions and great speakers

I learned so much through this e-summit. I am a beginner in the Mental Health field and this summit added heaps to my knowledge and understanding. It provoked my thinking in so many ways and informed me of aspects I had no idea of before, such as Men's suicidality and mental health, co-designing programs etc. Very well put together with excellent speakers. Thank you, MHA.

Very informative.

I was relatively satisfied with the variety. The variety about mental health during COVID times and Men's mental health issues were very interesting.

Not difficult at all except during connection issues.

Karen M

Karen MPerth, WA

Great resource

Well executed and enjoyed listening to a variety of speakers. Powerpoint slides are a great resource also! Thank you for providing this free as this really resonates the passion and desire to provide such invaluable information designed to help everyone.

Letitia

LetitiaSydney, NSW

Excellent, professional and relevant material and presentation

I thoroughly enjoyed listening to each presenter and the information they shared. The topics were relevant and very well presented. Each speaker was professional and knowledgeable and I gained many useful resources. Pedro was an excellent facilitator and host, especially during the Q and A. I felt the whole summit ran smoothly, even when there were a couple of technical hiccups out of everyone's control. It was a fantastic way for me to attend in the comfort of my home and at a pace that suited me well. Plus I could re-watch the seminars that really interested me which was a great bonus. I would not hesitate to attend another of these events because I was so impressed. Well done to everyone and thank you very much.

Helen

HelenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Learned so much

I was able to watch and really loved the self care talk, worker care in the workplace, the non pathologising of people and how to talk to people in conversation about suicide. The Indigenous and transgender perspectives were great educators and I have found overall that a topic like suicide prevention in all these areas gives great insight into cultures and genres that may not otherwise be looked apparent to all. Well done Pedro and team. Each year keeps getting better and so appreciated.

Education & Training Services

Very thoughtful approach to a difficult conversation

The presenters were obviously passionate and very skilful.
The Summit was well planned and ran really smoothly
A really efficient way for so many practitioners to come together. Being free allowed so many of us to have to opportunity to attend compared to other forums that may be prohibitive cost wise.
Thank you so much for providing a great experience and the potential for us to improve the way we work with our clients

2020 Mental health Suicide Summit

I have learned a lot from all the presenters. Being a student helped me to connect my learning with professional experiences. I look forward to the 2021 Mental health academy summit.

H. Cook

H. CookMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Well worth the time spent to view and learn from the presenters

I got a lot from this summit. Very engaging speakers and excellent, relevant topics. The summit increased my knowledge greatly, gave me much food for thought, and some action planning either for further education and/or also implementing the new knowledge.

Learning Material

Some really thought provoking presentations

I want to start of by thanking the mental health academy, and the presenters for putting together this summit. I found most of the presentations comprehensive and engaging, and relevant to the work that I do. I feel like I have gained a better insight into working with people who are experiencing suicidal ideation, as well as working with those who are Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander.

Mental Health Suicide Summit - I very much appreciated this useful knowledge from experienced professionals

Very satisfied -replays were easy to watch & listen & take notes (I was only able to watch the replays due to my other commitment), and I appreciate the generous sharing of slides - thank you, a valuable experience.

Lucia Kraus

Lucia KrausGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Useful broad ranging overview

I found the teaching and course content very suitable to my needs. I gained valuable new information. The extension of viewing time was much appreciated, as was the ability to down load the slides. Thank you

Kay D.

Kay D.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Excellent presentations by experts

The presentations were very comprehensive and the presenters were experts. Presentations covered both research and practice. I also valued the break between presentations which is essential when participating in a webinar forum.

Matt Burke

Matt BurkeMurray Region, NSW

I thoroughly enjoyed this summit

I really gained very valuable information and a better insight into the emerging mental health issues facing many Australians. The presentations were well thought out and I enjoyed the summit.

Claire

ClairePerth, WA

Super summit

Great info and a really interesting summit event. Thanks to the organizers for setting this up. The content and presentations were really valuable.

I have registered to this in previous years and always find it worthwhile.

Ireneimma

Ireneimma

Better than I expected

It was a very user friendly platform. I have viewed 2 presentations so far, very good. Comprehensive, clear and current. Hoping to view the Indigenous content soon. Would love to have the time extended.

Learning Material

very informative with reminders of how to talk with clients

Generally a great reminder about how to interact with people and ensure to engage with third parties who can assist a vulnerable client by providing protective home and social supports,

Siobhan

Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph

Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

Kate

Kateasked

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate

Toni
Toni

Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates.
If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Mental Health Academy representatives