• Teaching Staff
  • Learning Material
Georgia

GeorgiaIllawarra, NSW

The BEST learning resource ever!

I'm a Psychology graduate who is keen on learning about a wide range of topics including therapeutic modules, positive psychology & more... The MHA has provided me with easy access to so many incredible presentations! I also love that there are 20 hour certificates for certain topics and a 250 hour lifetime achievement. I can't wait to continue my journey on the MHA

Excellent Online Selection Of Courses

MHA provides very educational and cost effective training courses. I like the diverse topics available with so many choices of subjects. I have enjoyed so much the excellent content of the courses with extremely valuable resources presented by amazing experts from around the world. I am very satisfied with my on-going learning experience. Thank you MHA!

Maria

The importance of being a Big Picture Generalist Psychologist

As a graduate 4th year psychologist 29 years ago I had a strong need to gain a significant body of knowledge and be effective in the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of the public. I think that the diversity of courses that the Mental Health Academy offers and their content and understanding makes it easy and relevant to helping Australians with their complex mental health needs.

Education & Training Services

Find out how Mental Health Academy compares to other Education & Training Services

wendy wallace

wendy wallaceRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Informative, Easy and Educational.

So far I have enjoyed all courses and all content. The questions that are required to be answered at the end of each teaching have at times been quite a challenge but I dont see that as a negative as it means you have to work that little bit harder to locate answers, making it not to easy either.

Learning Material

I can't wait for another session. Well done

It was well explained and easy to understand, I really enjoyed it. And I am looking forward to attend more of these session, especially in Mental health. Well done guys

Inspirational

I recently attended the Super Summit 2020. As someone who has just completed their fourth year psychology studies I really appreciated the presentation of a wide variety of tools that can be used to help clients. I especially appreciated the practicality of the first session on Cognitive Therapy Recovery by Judith Beck and Ellen Inverso and the session given by Sally Spencer-Thomas on suicide management. Many of the sessions were amazing giving you insight into a treatment or a different way of looking at something, that has inspired me to research further into these areas. Thanks so much.

Marguerite Middling

Marguerite MiddlingCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

An excellent Summit experience...

This was my first MHA Summit experience. I was amazed at the funding arrangements for the Summit and was more than happy to "donate" to the Summit, considering that it was amazing value for money. The presentations I chose to attend were of the highest standard and I found them extremely interesting, especially "Reawakening the need for comfort: Social buffering, amygdala whispering, and safe
sadness" presenter Dr. Jonathan Baylin.

K Greenway

K GreenwaySouth East Queensland, QLD

High-level resources, convenient, and value for money.

The Super Summit is an indication of the excellent teaching and on-going professional development available to professional counsellors. The courses are varied and suit both the auditory as well as the visual learner. I appreciate being able to review courses I have previously completed!

Adelaide

AdelaideMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't miss out

Great range of global evidence based perspectived with a strong lived experiences lens. Love the flexibility of the virtual mode that allows nclusive access post summits. Worth the time investment.

Isabelle

IsabelleSydney, NSW

Excellent and cost effective training courses

I'm very impressed with the training courses offered by Mental Health. There're diverse subjects and plenty of choices for counsellors to continue with their PD. I also like the fact that the PD hours are recorded on my ACA membership.

KMT

KMTPerth, WA

Good education investment

A great selection of topics available, variety of levels and mediums. It is very convenient to be able to learn in the comfort of your own home and knowing you are keeping up your professional development.

Kathrine C.

Kathrine C.Victoria

The best resource for Professional Development for Counsellors by far.

The selection available to choose from is extensive.
The course content is excellent and very enjoyable.
Each course is self paced making it easy to complete as it suits the students available time.
The evaluation component is easy to work through.

Finally the yearly Mental Health Super Summit is not to be missed. Three whole days filled with presentations from experts from all over the world, all available to us from the comfort of our homes and laptops or PC's. And the money we pay to attend goes to Charity ~ It is a win for everyone.

Theresa

TheresaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely valuable resource for all workers in the human services sector

I have participated in the Mental Health Summit for the 4 years and look forward to it each year.

The Summit provides opportunities to take a step back and reflect on individual practice. The learnings to be gained from new research presented is amazing in that is can introduce new ideas or reaffirm the individual's practice.

Very scholarly and practice-oriented

I am very satisfied with the DMHC course content (professional and evidence-based) and delivery options (self-paced, summative evaluations).
The course was structured at a graduate level, with expectations for critical thinking.

Kerri Paterson

Kerri PatersonSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mental Health online training course selection

To date I have participated in seven online training courses with Mental Health Academy. I have found the course selection extremely comprehensive. As I work extensively with families within the community, it is difficult to find such a broad range of professional development suited to the various aspects of my work. The learning helps in many ways; as a refresher, learning new techniques, improved confidence and developing my skillset.

Brad C.

Brad C.Tasmania

Super Super Summit

This was my third. Super Summit and I found this one to have a great range of topics covered, and some really engaging facilitators that kept the weekend really engaging

Kez

KezSouth East Queensland, QLD

An effective and flexible way of learning

The learning experience with the MHA is current and challenging, helping to keep one up-to-date in many aspects of mental health. I must mention in this review how I appreciate the flexible format that fits with on going learning in a very busy life style.

H. Cook

H. CookMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Excellent topics for professional learning

All the courses I have completed with the MHA have been interesting to read or view and challenging, but fair, in the questions at the end. I tend to print off the reading ones so I have a copy for future reference.
Studying with MHA is an effective way to review or update skills. I thoroughly recommend it to counsellors and therapists.

Celestine

CelestineAlice Springs, NT

This course is very magnificent delivered objectively as a living tools.

This course has made significant changes improving my world outlook in meeting my clients need. Teaching was evidence based and very objective . There was also challenging in sitting down for long time with no reference of asking question.

Suzy

SuzySydney, NSW

can't work without it!

very satisfied with the course content, I learnt a lot that can be used in my practice. The Courses where easy and so convenient for someone who has very little time to leave the office.

Siobhan

Siobhanasked

Apart from the initial/annual subscription fee, are there any other costs that I might/will incur by using your educational site?
Kind regards
Obi

Karen
Karen

Hi Siobhan,
I pay the subscription monthly and since being a member have attended a number of Master Classes and the annual Summits and have not paid any extra. So, no, no extra costs/ fees.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Siobhan. Yes, Karen nailed the answer - our membership fees are all-inclusive, so you don't need to pay any additional fees to enrol in our short courses. The fees also cover your assessments, Certificates, and more. All the best!

Steph

Stephasked

I am a qualified social worker working in mental health. Am I able to use this membership to complete my cpd to obtain mental health social worker accreditation with the AASW. It appeared that I could before I joined but now I am a little confused. Thanks

Kathy
Kathy

You can use it to maintain the required annual CPD points for your AMHSW accreditation

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Steph, thanks for your question. All our courses are endorsed for CPD by the AASW. As an AMHSW you are also required to undertake CPD which specifically covers Focussed Psychological Strategies, or FPS. Currently we offer over 90 hours of FPS-related CPD - to identify which courses cover FPS, you can either use our "Topics" filter (in the Catalogue page), or you can refer to our FPS Course Collection: https://www.mentalhealthacademy.com.au/catalogue/collections/focussed-psychological-strategies-fps-topics

Kate

Kateasked

Hi I was wondering if I join the mental health academy will I still have access to the super summit. Thanks kate

Toni
Toni

Yes, the Mental Health Academy is for ongoing professional development, to learn more on counselling therapies, and obtain certificates.
If you are with the Australian Counselling Association the points get added to your OPD log.

PedroMental Health Academy

Hi Kate! Thank you for your question. Registration for the Mental Health Super Summit is separate to MHA membership, as part of the event's purpose is to raise funds for charity. That being said, after each edition of the Summit, many of the sessions are converted into MHA courses and are available for members via our Catalogue. Thus, by becoming a MHA Premium member, you'll have access to most sessions from previous editions for the Mental Health Super Summit. If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask. All the best!

Get an answer from our members and Mental Health Academy representatives