Car Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of car insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

4.4

JK1

JK1

Swift response to warranty claim.

Warranty claim was submitted by the mechanic. In less than a 5 days received a positive response. Initially I was a little sceptical about the insurer but I was wrong.

Claim DateJuly 2020
Car ModelMercedes-Benz C-Class C250 C204
Chris

ChrisGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Very easy to deal with and super helpful

Within a few hours received a phone call about my claim. Super helpful and helped book in a repair within days. The repair was done the same day and very happy with the service.

Car ModelMazda 6 GJ Wagon
James Ibrahim

James Ibrahim

Great service, excellent roadside assist

Great value, affordable and very good service. The roadside assistance is the fastest I've experienced, never waiting more than 30min. Highly recommended. Two breakdowns under warranty and both reimbursements done through mechanic so no paperwork for me! Great

Michal S

Michal SSydney, NSW

Excellent service, highly recommend.

AWN is the best service provider I have been dealing with in the recent years. They work up to the highest standards, covering every detail of what they say they are offering and even more. The whole process to fix my Ford Mondeo was very easy and smooth with no hassle Very friendly customer service.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party, Third Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Car ModelFord Mondeo MD

Highly recommended!

I recommend the AWN Mechanical breakdown. I bought a car with AWN warranty and I had unexpected problem. AWN cover all the cost to fix the issue and I saved much money. Thanks for your service.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party

Customer service AMAZING!

my Rep was amazing and had a response within the hr with a PO also supplied to the mechanic. Amazing fast and easy service and repairs. Any questions answered and everything done for me just had to email the details

Car ModelHolden Cruze JG

Nicky

NickyQueensland

Quality warranty

Highly recommend!
I purchased a used vehicle with a 5 year warranty through an authorised agent, totally satisfied with the level of service throughout this time.
Awn mechanical breakdown insurance helped me reduce the financial impact of unexpected repairs, All you have to do is make sure to keep up the required services.
If a mechanical breakdown occurred and is a covered component making a claim was stress free with prompt assistance.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Mandy

MandyPerth, WA

Customer satisfaction

When I have contacted staff via phone calls have found them very helpful friendly and polite. Have recommend the insurance company to family and friends. My rear windscreen wiper motor was not covered but the front was when I questioned this staff were helpful. They managed to have the rear windscreen wiper motor covered for me.

Claim DateFebruary 2020
Car ModelSubaru Outback

Kim R

Kim RSouth East Queensland, QLD

EXCELLENT service !

This is the 2nd time I have had a breakdown and used my warranty cover with AWN.
I am so happy with the service provided by AWN. It gives me piece of mind.
Both times it was only a matter of a phone call and the claim was sorted in a few hours between AWN and the mechanic.
AWN spoke directly with the mechanic and had my repairs underway that very same day on both occassions.
From the first phone call and pleasant manner of the staff to the swift approval of my claim so I could get my car back on the road asap I am extremely impressed .
I am so glad that I paid for the extra cover when I bought my car it has definitely saved me money and lots of stress.
I highly recommend AWN to anyone thinking twice... it's worth it !

Car ModelSubaru Outback 2GEN

Just Awesome ..

Quick response in claiming mechanical breakdown i have claimed twice this year and absolutely mint.Can't complain and i am happy to get my car done in very earlest time frame

Rachel Blundell

Rachel BlundellCentral Queensland, QLD

Was great so happy I had this or i would have been screwed

I have only just brought my car 2 months ago and my turbo went and I didn't have the money to fix it im so glad I had awn or I wouldn't have been able to get my car fixed as I had just spent all my savings on the car so very happy with the service I received fast claim was approved after 2 hours car got fixed the next week I feel my policy was great value for what I received in return thanks

Car ModelNissan Navara D40

Hayden Sutton

Hayden SuttonNorthern Region, NSW

Warranty Insurance is good

Satisfied with outcome, warranty insurance is valuable despite converations I have had with experienced people in the automotive industry.
My warranty cover came with the vehicle when purchased, I was impressed by your preferred repairer, vehicle is running great. Thank you

Car ModelHyundai Santa Fe
AWNAustralian Warranty Network

Reliable company who backs their customers

Excellent service
Great staff who act promptly and do everything to help the customer
I claimed to replace a starter motor in my Pajero and within a short amount of time it was approved and I was reimbursed

Suzanne K.

Suzanne K.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Extremely Happy

Very friendly service quick response within 2 hours. I have a 5 year warranty with AWN which I purchased in October 2019 I’ve claimed twice without any issues extremely happy

Car ModelFord Territory

Norm

NormSydney, NSW

Prompt Service

I have used my mechanical breakdown warranty twice in the past 9 months and on both occasions the service was prompt and efficient. it was a seamless service between my mechanic and AWN resulting in being back on the road without too much delay

Car ModelPeugeot 308

William

WilliamGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Life saver

Having the breakdown insurance saved myself from a lot of stress during covid pandemic. When the car broke down I wasn't sure how to come up with the funds. Then remembered I had AWN Mechanical breakdown insurance. I took my car to one of their reputable mechanics. They diagnosed it and I returned a week later to get the repair done.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

Scott M.

Scott M.Perth, WA

Worth purchasing if buying a second hand Vehicle

First of all I would like to say is that thanks for a great service, these guys were so easy to deal with when making a claim. I’ve had many vehicles over my time From other providers and not once did they help me when coming to getting stuff fixed . I was always out of my pocket and $$$$ spent every time. When I bought my Ranger I was sold extended warranty with my purchase thinking well that was a waste of money learning from my past when buying. But this experience was a totally different, I was treated with up most respect as a customer and was pointed to the right direction when needing car fix. When I started with AWN 18 months ago they were very simple to deal with I would highly recommend using.

Insurance TypeComprehensive and Third Party Property Damage
Car ModelFord Ranger PX.I

Value for money

I will certainly recommend this policy. My mercedes benz aircon compressor packed up few months after buying the vehicle and I was promptly referred to one of their agents who organised a replacement in no time. My only issue remain the compulsory 6 monthly service being a condition for the policy even when mercedes manufacturer recommends 12 monthly or 25,000km service interval. This to me is a bit of put off otherwise I am quite happy with the peace of mind knowing I am covered from any mechanical issue from my used German machine.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz E-Class E350 W213 e
Fergus Holt

Fergus HoltSydney, NSW

I would take out the policy again on another vechicle

Hi I found that AWN were easy to work with and I had a quick response and settlement of my Claim I did not have any problems with the claim

Fergus

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks

Sarah

SarahGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Nice staff, inadequate payout

I bought a second-hand car which came with this policy. The motor needed to be replaced. The policy only contributed $750 towards this. This is thoroughly inadequate. Since I had claimed on the motor, I could not also claim on the towing of the car required. I would not use this policy again.

Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2020
Car ModelHolden Cruze JH (Sedan) CD

Emkyra

Emkyraasked

can i get a quote , Emily

Hi Emkyra,

Thank you for your enquiry.
AWN do not sell direct to the public, our breakdown insurance products are only available to be purchased through our 3000 selected licensed and authorised agents; motor dealerships, caravan dealerships, motorbike dealerships, finance brokers etc. throughout Australia.

If you would like to call us on 07 38025577 during business hours and we can direct you to an authorised agent that can assist you in the purchase of a new breakdown insurance.

Prior to purchasing a breakdown insurance product please insure you read and understand the Product Disclosure Statement. A (PDS) contains all the information you require to make an informed decision whether the product you are considering is the right product for you.

Raj

Rajasked

Mechanical Breakdown Insurance

Hi. I need an extended warranty on a pre-owned car. How do I contact AWN?

Hi Raj,

Davina M.

Davina M.asked

Australian Warranty Network

Does this company provide motor vehicle insurance? It seems to in the website but the girl I spoke to said they only do warranties. I’m confused.

Hi Davina,

For information on our products and service, go to: www.awninsurance.com.au
Prior to purchasing a AWN product, please ensure you read and understand the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). A PDS contains all the information you require to make an informed decision whether the mechanical breakdown insurance you are considering is the right product for you.

If you would like further information on a specific product please call us on 07 38025577, one of our team members will be able to assist you.

Catherine Gerlach
Catherine Gerlach

I have 3 years warranty on my car with AWN, it was purchased with the car from the car yard.

Get an answer from our members and Australian Warranty Network representatives