Car Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of car insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

1.4

Mark D.

Mark D.

What customer Sevice?

Tried to do a CTP and switch companies and was easy for them to deduct cash for policy the system error no policy but cash deducted phone and told refund will be credited back but not sure when WHAT A JOKE

Sean

SeanGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Crooks. Avoid. Read ABC investigation August 4 2020

QBE are underwriters for ANZ NAB and several others. Avoid avoid avoid all forms of insurance from QBE and all resellers. Re employment insurance they commit fraud to avoid paying claims. Most likely extend this practice to all branches of insurance.

Car Model2001-2007 Hyundai Terracan

DO NOT CHOOSE QBE, YOU WILL BE SORRY

Claim DateDecember 2019
Car ModelFord Everest UA II Trend

Avoid

Don't forget that your CTP insurance also covers YOUR injuries if you're the one at fault (or if it's a single-car accident). So if you value your life and health, do not go anywhere near this product. QBE denies, rejects, blocks all treatment if you're injured. They will not even help you for the most basic things. You'll be left with thousands of dollars out of pocket for medical expenses.

Claim DateMarch 2019
DP

DPSydney

Bullies, terrible communication, lost emails, INEPT, a joke

I was involved in a both at fault minor accident in a car park. The woman was abusive, her car was beaten up. I stood in the sun on a Sunday for an hour to try and help her as the plastic bumper had popped off. I got a mechanic to help her. He said she just needed to get her camera senors glued back in "max $200" job. QBE contacted me in November, I provided my written evidence of what happened including photos. 7 months later they say they lost me email and demand I pay $2500 for the damage to her car. Abusive people at recoveries saying I have to provide evidence that I'm not at fault.. Pretty sure the burden of proof is on them. Reported to AFCA who said their conduct was shocking. Don't use them.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Andy

AndyDarwin

you're warned - sometimes very poor customer service

borrisnorris132

borrisnorris132

No Problems so far.

No problems with QBE so far and the cheapest insurance I could find. I got comprehensive insurance. Haven't yet made a claim, but the price during covid was very generous.

Jason gualtieri

Jason gualtieriHunter Region, NSW

Worst company in Australia

This company has to be the absolute worst insurance company in the country. I'm not with them thank God, but I get called by their call centre at least 6 times a day asking for all different names and am fed up.just for this strait harassment tactics I'd hope nothing more then for them to be reported by more and fined the maximum penalty possible, they call all day any times, Sundays, public holidays and has been going on for months.

Car ModelNissan Navara D40

great customer service

Called up in the early evening. spoke someone on the phone and was very pleased with the customer service. they took my information, heard my problem and came up with a solution in no time at all. I am very happy with the result on the call and was not put on hold at all. I will definitely be using their service again

Car ModelToyota Corolla

Nav

NavSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never deal with QBE

Made claim in 2019, Now it has been more than 6 months still waiting. Rude customer service, not reliable. Worst car insurance company. Never Never Never Never Never Never use QBE.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Bec

BecSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst experience after car was stolen.

Claim DateMarch 2020
MYcity-Brisbane

MYcity-BrisbaneAU

QBE has done themselves a huge disservice to have amateur overseas call centres

Joz

JozGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible

Extraordinarily bad. Our claim has been delayed for 6 months for no reason than QBE's inability to contact us. After two hours on hold to various people incapable of helping me, I was told to be polite. Then put on indefinite hold. One wonders why anyone would have these people sweep a sidewalk much less sell insurance.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Car ModelToyota Prius
Michael

MichaelSydney, NSW

The price is cheapest i could find. The customer service staff is beyond exceptional and helpful. I am so glad i decided to move from my old insurer to go with them.

Car ModelSuzuki Swift AZ GL
Sayed F.

Sayed F.Sydney, NSW

Not even a legit insurance!

Claim DateAugust 2019

Robbie

RobbieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Overseas call centre is pathetic... Seem to be trained with same answers, no call backs, no resolutions!!! Never again..

It has been 4 weeks, since my accident. My car is sitting at the repairer, and still no answers from QBE. Farcical, All i want is an answer so i can move forward. Simple as that. The offshore call centre are a pack of puppets...

Claim DateNovember 2019
Graym58

Graym58South East Queensland, QLD

Where is my $50 voucher?

Changed over to QBE for the CTP after being tempted by the promise of a $50 voucher. Its been almost six months now and.......nothing. How long does this take? Was it just a scam?

Ebsy Y.

Ebsy Y.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely farcicle!!

Have QBE with both cars. My car had a deep scratch made a claim got a payout which unfortunately didnt have time to get repaired before another car smashed into the exact same spot and back of my car. Qbe refused to cover claiming the amount given would repair it all. We pay THAT much in insurance and they refuse to cover a second accident that was now my fault. Oh and the other parties insurance should cover it since it was their fault correct? Well they were with QBE too suprise suprise why they wouldnt cover it. Im so ticked off will never recommend and by the looks of all other reviews QBE is a FARCE.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz A-Class A45 W176 AMG
Smith19

Smith19Victoria

Worst insurance company out there

In an accident I wasnt at fault in, it took 6 weeks to settle it with my car being a total loss.
I called them so many times with them doing nothing for weeks, they kept telling me incorrect information. It wasnt until two weeks in that they actually even moved my car from the tow yard to be assessed.
Customer service are very unhelpful, on hold every time I called and passed around to everyone. They dont document information so no one ever knows where the claim is at.
I recommend no one to ever go with this company, they make even the simplest things a huge hassle.
At a time when the last thing you need is more stress, QBE makes a lot worse.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Emardh Z.

Emardh Z.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

3 car collision and I am not at fault

Taking me around in circles and not identifying the exact issue. They mentioned they'll call me back regarding claim number: 560129785 but its been 3 months and nothing has been done

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Claim DateAugust 2019