QBE Car Insurance

QBE Car Insurance

Valuation Matters

Claim.time frame within 2weeks-4 weeks

I have. Been with QBE for 2 years, and my car is the victim of car crash and I do not claim for my insurance.

I don't need any road assistance

I am the victim of Car Hit by Another Car, When I tried to claim my car to assess, everything running smoothly until the the assessor made the write off Decision to my car. The problem is the replacement value is too low despite for car repair, if I buy Another same car and condition of the year, I need to spend more more dollars. the policy that I am still not happy is insurance never replace the same condition car. what is the solution? my mobile phone 0426129607 , my Car Rego AY26GY. I worked for insurance company in overseas, I never felt headache like this... Just the documents problems in overseas, and that is not insurance company matters. I need the quick decision and mutual benefit. I never reject the value of the cash as long as the write off value is enough to fix up or buy another second hand car? The main problem is the replacement value is not enough for both of them, and I prefer to call QBE to increase another $600 , despite I need to spend more money to hunt another car at car dealer. I don't think this insurance company has the good negotiator, they stick on the price determined by the company regardless the real maket value

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party and Third Party Property Damage
Car ModelToyota Echo XP
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateMarch 2018
Claim ApprovedYes
Hi WIdjaja, thank you for your review. We recommend escalating this to our complaints team on complaints@qbe.com to be reviewed. We also recommend editing your review to remove your personal information ~BLS

Horrible customer service team!

The WORSE insurance I ever deal with. Im trying to have a cancellation from my canceled policy and its been over 2 months and 3 phone calls and nothing is done, every time I have to explain everything again and again and nothing happen after, USELESS!!! Imagine If I had a claim?! Don't go there to save a $10 a month because later you wont get paid if you need too!

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Claim MadeNo
Hi Rodrigo, we're sorry to hear about this. If you can PM us with your policy number, we will take a look at it.

Don't sign up with these incompetent idiots!

QBE took 5 weeks to pay settlement to me after my car was written off by one of their assessors, meaning I received my money on Christmas Eve; a terrible time to purchase a new car.
I ended up being without a car for 7 weeks from day of accident to purchase of new car.

I had to endure countless weeks of terrible customer service; staff with no empathy, only certain people who could "access my case" and systems and processes that were both disjointed and disconnected.
To top it all off; despite the fact that I could have been killed in my car accident - they sided with the 3rd party (a driver of an 18 wheeler truck who was entitled and thought he owned the road), he hit me from behind and the right hand side whilst I was turning left. The damage to my car was severe from the rear and the right and QBE said it wasn't; the third party mysteriously lost dash camera footage - evidently proving my version of events and QBE did nothing about it.

Do yourself a favour - do not sign up with them, they're not based in Australia at all, they don't care about you as a customer and will happily continue to take your money, waste your time and make money off your misfortune by auctioning off your car and making more than they paid you out for it.

My family and I have since pulled all our policies and I suggest everyone else does too.

Insurance TypeComprehensive
Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelFord Fiesta WS (2009-2012)
Claim MadeYes
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateNovember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Worst company for Everything

I have been from last 2 years with th QBE .
I claim before 1.5 Months and still they haven’t finalised my claim they already debited all the amount from account for claim .
Even staff doesn’t know what they doing lack of knowledge and experience it’s really disappointing experience so please don’t buy any insurance from QBE AND Anz Bank car Insurance have a type with QBE SO BE CAREFUL .

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Parry, we're sorry to hear about this. We will PM you for some details and look into it ~BLS

Horrible service takes forever for assessment or even pick up the phone!

I was using QBE to claim a repair for my motorcycle. First I have to figure out the right number to contact with, different department just simply push to the other. Second to make the call, they are extremely busy which means I have to wait at least 20 minutes for each call, and it turns out “sorry we cannot help you, I can transfer you to...” then another waiting. Finally when I dropped off my vehicle at the body shop, it’s been 2 weeks later after the accident.

It’s not the worst, the motorcycle is sitting there for another 2 weeks just waiting for insurance assessment. I made the claim on 15/12/18, now i’m still waiting for it. A total waste of time and money, not even worth it, do yourself a favor and try something else

Hi Daniel, we're sorry to hear about this, We will PM you for some details ~BLS

Excellent Customer Service

I have been with QBE for many years. The reason I don't take my business elsewhere is because QBE meets all my needs. Just updated my details with them today and again the process was easy and straightforward. Special thanks to Chris and Jake from the customer service team who were immensely patient with my questions.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi JP, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience and we will make sure this feedback gets to Chris and Jake ~BLS

QBE A Bigger Problem Than The Hail

I am a week off turning 73, worn out knees, carer for my wife who has dementia, still turning out each day to do a bit of work, keep active, pay tax etc, that was until a few minutes ago when I received a call from QBE with whom I insured my 1999 Toyota Hi Ace on which I rely to do that work.

Following recent hail damage (Dec 2018)to the roof and advising QBE I checked with the RMS, all was good, common sense prevailed that should I come to an agreement with QBE for a buy back ( lesser payout ) to retain the status quo I could continue to use the van.

In spite of the above QBE have now told me that without exemption all written off hail damaged vehicles from the recent storm are going to be seized and a payout made.

With a recent background of QBE advising me that they are unwilling to insure my 2016 Corolla car when it is due for renewal in a weeks time on the grounds that my claims history made it, in the words of one of their staff, "uneconomic and they had to look after their business", I find it interesting as to why they would not now make a lesser settlement for their unquestionable economic benefit.

I have been driving since the age of 12 and have held a licence since the age of 17 (UK) where for a couple of years I drove police vehicles. A conservative estimate would be that I have driven in excess of 2,000,000 kilometres over which time I have had 3 “At Fault” claims. All the other claims have been caused by 3rd parties who were fully identified with the details being passed to my relevant insurer.

At a moments notice I have been advised that my van is now uninsured and that I should not drive it.

Great example of the Australian National sentiment for a “ A Fair Go” NOT !!!!

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Aggie, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some details and take a look into it ~BLSThe issue regarding hail damage has been favourably resolved following a personal visit to the office provided an understanding and pleasant experience.Hi Aggie, we're pleased to hear this has been resolved ~BLS

QBE Comprehensive Car Insurance Quotes Online

I obtained an online quote yesterday for comprehensive motor vehicle insurance with QBE and had the quote sent to my email inbox. I retrieved the quote this morning to go ahead with the policy only to see that it had gone from $600.43 to $877.66 overnight. I phoned your company and the consultant I spoke to informed me he could make it $700.48 but couldn't meet the $600.43 that I received online. When I stated that a quote that I received yesterday should be honoured, he requested me to email the quote that I had received to QBE's customer service centre and promised me that they would contact me today, as the insurance is due tomorrow. I haven't heard a thing, either by email or phone. Obviously you don't provide customer service and don't need the business. Pleased that I have discovered what sort of company I would be dealing with before I insured with QBE.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Sue, thanks for your review. We have responded to this over on Facebook ~BLSYes, finally you have, the day after my insurance was due, so a bit late now wouldn't you think.

Worst insurance company

As a loyal 10 year customer I am Shocked by how I have been treated by such extremely rude staff and manager even worse, got told I have a zero balance owing over the phone, i then went away on holiday for 10 days to come back to my mail informing me my policy has been cancelled.
Won’t do business with QBE again
I advise anyone not to go with QBE

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Raul, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details so we can look into this ~BLS

QBE - Hands Down " The Worst Insurer " QBE

Following a recent motorcycle accident to which my bike is still not repaired and this was all caught on camera i wasnt called back had to chase up myself twice the bike had to be inspected yet nothing came off properly to inspect then the 2nd assessor wants to go scratch for scratch yet i can provide evidence of other damage they refuse a pds also to advise of what they will do and wont do to the bike.. i am still left in limbo with them hiding from questions and emails. i have been forced through thier stone walling to have an in independant inspection completed to find that a major component clearly damaged in the accident was left as is and i was lead to believe the bike was ok to be ridden as they had looked at it.. well being that it was and is only 1 of 2 other engine mounts they clealy do not care for our saftey i can prove as i have the first 2 b/s looks at my bike on camera as well as warning if they take your bike or car and its damaged they will expect your insurance to cover this being them so you pay them for thier stuff again caught on camera they refused to provide formal complaits channel and just ignore folliowing this am uploading everything to public media proving thier own assesors will bully you and that thier own concern is recovery from another party not you as the customer.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Dave, we're sorry to hear about this. We will PM you to get some further details ~BLS

Hassle free ..Oo Strange but true

After reading all the reviews for QBE i wouldn't have gone with them at all....BUT ...i did ...a few years ago and i recently had to make a claim after hitting a Roo... 1 very short phone call..done.. they booked my car in to be fixed ..and its fixed end of story ...yep I'm shocked too
the only thing is the policy price 74 per month v 55 per month with another insurer inc windscreen..gonna shop around i think

Really Happy with QBE for car insurance

After swapping over from AAMI to QBE for my car insurance, we are really happy with QBE. We are still waiting for AAMI to pay us our claim that AAMI agreed to from the 2011 Queensland floods. Earlier this year a guy took right of way off me and hit my car. The police said the other driver was 100% at fault. QBE were fantastic and handed everything for me. They even rang a few days after the accident to see how I was. I am very impressed with QBE and professional they are.

Insurance claim madeYes
Thank you for the wonderful feedback, we're thrilled to be your insurer! ~BLS

Incompetent, unprofessional and a nightmare to deal with. One star is too generous.

I have been involved in a minor car accident where the other driver is clearly at fault. When I initially contacted QBE they agreed the other driver was at fault and one week later send me a letter stating that I was at fault. The letter demanded that I pay an excess and quoted a road regulation about a completely different type of intersection than the one in question. The part of the email explaining why I was at fault had a mixture of nouns and adjectives that did not actually form a comprehensible sentence. When I contacted them they apologised stating it was just a preliminary finding but since then several different staff have given me inconsistent and sometimes illogical rationales for why I may be at fault but still haven’t finalised the claim. QBE's response indicates they have little to no understanding of current NSW road regulations. It appears as if they lack the competency to effectively deal with another insurance company so are relying on me being easy to coerce into accepting responsibility for an accident where the other driver is at fault. If they do find in my favour it will mostly likely be because I have sent and explained legislation to the claims officers that they could not find or understand on their own. I would not recommend QBE to anybody.

Insurance claim madeYes

Qbe is worst insurance company to deal with.

It has been night mare dealing with Qbe claims, customer care, complaint handler, specialist team. Qbe staff needs better training on dealing and handling Customer matter and staff to be trained to work in fact not assumptions.

Worst company to deal with.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Rakshya, sorry to hear about your experience. We have sent you a private message where you can respond to provide your claim number and contact details so that we can address this. ~SS

QBE denied to cover me as a driver of my own car several hours AFTER I paid for renewal

Title says it all. I paid for my renewal and they called me later in the day to let me know that the policy wouldn't cover me if something happened while I was driving. Now I have to wait 7-10 working days (which is really 2 weeks, lets face it) for my refund while I look for another insurance company to pay a hefty premium for. I'm a student and can't really afford to be out of pocket. You should really let customers know these details BEFORE they agree to pay for renewal. QBE are so quick to take people's money. Horrible company that don't care about who they leave in a bad situation, would never recommend to anybody.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Nikkie, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details to take a look into this ~BLS

Third Party Claimant

Treat third party claimant's like crap. Driver at fault of accident pays excess so they can process the claim. I'm provided with claim number and left to deal with QBE. They offer ridiculous payout to settle claim. Cannot even purchase a second hand bike to replace what I had on what they are offering. Shame QBE...

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Unhappy, thank you for your review. If you're unhappy with the claim, you can refer this to our Customer Care team for review on complaints@qbe.com ~BLS

Not interested

Was involved in small accident with a car insured with QBE, trying to contact to find out what needs to be done for the other driver and car, rang twice, all I heard was ladies laughing and talking in another language, rang third time and no help just rude lady I couldn’t understand.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi Kathy, sorry to hear about your experience. I have sent you a private message where you can provide your details so that we can look into this. ~SS

Complicated Refund Process

I have been with QBE for 5 years. Accidentally paid my greenslip today for 12 months at $346.82 instead of 6 months, as I intend on selling the car shortly. Phoned to refund for 12 month policy I paid for and was told I had to buy another greenslip for 6 months at $177.95. I did this. Asked how to get a refund for 12 month policy I got by mistake. Was told to hang up and ring back, rather than operator transferring me to appropriate section.

After that phoned back and was told I could not be refunded as I had not paid my registration. Incorrect QBE - I had my ipad in front of me with my RMS receipt number for my registration payment. Offered to provide it and operator stated it would not help and told to ring back in one hour. Then I was placed on hold for 20 minutes until I hung up. Still fighting to get my $346 back.

Insurance claim madeNo
Hi, you can escalate this matter to the CTP complaints team, details can be found here https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints/ctp-complaints ~BLS

Waste of time

They must have a total of 1 staff member as I have called 3 times and waited over 3 hours each time and still nothing.

Insurance claim madeNo
Thank you for your message. If you still require assistance, we can PM you for details and have someone contact you. Please let us know ~BLS

This company has ruined my life, health and my financials

I am disgusted and that is putting it lightly. The company are nothing but thieves, liars, and cheats. They have denied my claim based on information that is incorrect and that is not fair! They do not contact you and they have sent me into a depression and anxiety because of the stress. My dog could give better service don’t do it.

Insurance claim madeYes
Hi Annie, we're sorry to hear about your experience. You are able to escalate this to our Customer Care team for review, they can be reached via any of the methods listed here https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints ~BLS

hi what is you total loss department email address. the one gave me is not working

This is a general question about the claims and escalation process. I've recently taken out a Fire, Theft and Third-Party Property policy with QBE. Noting the reviews here - the vast majority of which note extremely poor service, and a culture of victim blaming - I'm anticipating that if I ever need to make a claim, I will need to contact QBE, then their complaints Department, and then - when that inevitably fails - go through the FOS, and then (presumably) take them to the Small Claims court. So, I guess the question is, knowing all of that in advance, is there any merit in simply not dealing with QBE at all, and taking them either straight to the FOS (or even straight to Court)?
Not an issue. Read the contract T&C.@David, thanks for that very descriptive answer. I haven't yet been sent a PDS (which I imagine is deliberate, as they'll no doubt quote a pile of obscure Ts and Cs if ever I have to claim). So, to help me (and perhaps a number of other people) out, could elaborate on your extremely descriptive and help comment above...? In other words, which parts of the Ts and Cs relate to an immediate, preemptive escalation of the claims process via either the complaints process, the FOS or the Small Claims Court (or a combination of one or more of the above? Again, thanks for your descriptive and helpful answer. I'm sure many others reading this will feel the same way.

What does "prove nil demerit points status" mean? Very confusing
Hi Choc5, we assume this is in reference to CTP insurance. In order to validate that you have nil demerits and the quote for CTP, our system checks your details with the RMS to confirm ~BLS

Similar listings