Graym58

Graym58South East Queensland, QLD

Where is my $50 voucher?

Changed over to QBE for the CTP after being tempted by the promise of a $50 voucher. Its been almost six months now and.......nothing. How long does this take? Was it just a scam?

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party

Ebsy Y.

Ebsy Y.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolutely farcicle!!

Have QBE with both cars. My car had a deep scratch made a claim got a payout which unfortunately didnt have time to get repaired before another car smashed into the exact same spot and back of my car. Qbe refused to cover claiming the amount given would repair it all. We pay THAT much in insurance and they refuse to cover a second accident that was now my fault. Oh and the other parties insurance should cover it since it was their fault correct? Well they were with QBE too suprise suprise why they wouldnt cover it. Im so ticked off will never recommend and by the looks of all other reviews QBE is a FARCE.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz A-Class A45 W176 AMG
Smith19

Smith19Victoria

Worst insurance company out there

In an accident I wasnt at fault in, it took 6 weeks to settle it with my car being a total loss.
I called them so many times with them doing nothing for weeks, they kept telling me incorrect information. It wasnt until two weeks in that they actually even moved my car from the tow yard to be assessed.
Customer service are very unhelpful, on hold every time I called and passed around to everyone. They dont document information so no one ever knows where the claim is at.
I recommend no one to ever go with this company, they make even the simplest things a huge hassle.
At a time when the last thing you need is more stress, QBE makes a lot worse.

Claim DateOctober 2019
Emardh Z.

Emardh Z.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

3 car collision and I am not at fault

Taking me around in circles and not identifying the exact issue. They mentioned they'll call me back regarding claim number: 560129785 but its been 3 months and nothing has been done

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage and Veteran, Vintage and Classic Vehicle
Car ModelVolkswagen golf
Claim DateAugust 2019

Disgusted

DisgustedMid North Coast, NSW

Very very bad service. Have been treated so badly. Please be very careful with this insurance company.

Fact ! You people are so rude. Poor mismanagement of my policy Fact ! I've recorded every conversation with you people & will be passing this on to my solicitor. Very poor service.

Car ModelMotorcycle
Claim DateSeptember 2019

RJF

RJFSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poor customer service

I'm waiting to speak to a customer service officer and so far have waited over 45 minutes. There is no option to leave your number and have someone ring you back. Who has time to be on hold for over 45 minutes during working hours????

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks
Claim DateSeptember 2019

May N.

May N.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Just spend more elsewhere

It’s not worth the money you save. It doesn’t add up to the total headache of dealing with this company. Started out with 4 policies, cancelled them all over time.

Cameron

CameronGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If only these guys fought for me as hard as they fought against me.

Over 2 months to get policy paid out but didn't mention they were keeping the GST. Didn't even look at my vehicle for a week after the accident. Now it's 11 months since my "not at fault" accident and QBE tell me "we have recouped our losses, so we will not pursue the other insurer for your out of pocket damages", even though they told me they would. I got hit by a courier van, now I am $18000 out of pocket and counting.
Made an official complaint, they found in their favour.
My Advice is go straight to the AFCA if you need to claim with these guys.

Claim DateSeptember 2018
sam

samMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

DISGUSTING

I was told they would pay my emergency towing, after 1 week still not payment so I couldn’t get my car, was advised I can use my hire car as I pay extra, none of their companies in my town had an account with them so they couldn’t help me. Disgusting wouldn’t waste my money on them QBE is also ANZ bank.
Should be shut down, no Aussie and continuously have to repeat why I’m calling.

QBEQBE

Hello, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some details to look into it

TonySydney, NSW

Bad,Bad,Bad

Car ModelKTM Adventure Bike
Claim DateApril 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Tony, we're sorry to hear about this experience. If you can reply to our private message with the details, we can look into it

Tell me what details you would like Ben policy number ? X863727M1
Claim number ? X2000679

Happy. Not

Happy. NotHunter Region, NSW

My lawyers probably going to call

QBEQBE

Thank you for your review, and we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM for some details and have a look into this

One star because I can’t choose no atat

Cancelling policy as competitors price for like for like policy $400 cheaper. Can’t cancel my own policy because I wasn’t the nominated driver. Then QBE thought it would be best to tell me I didn’t set up the policy no matter that I had the name and time of the phone call when establishing the policy.

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 200 UZJ200R Sahara

Florence Corneloup

Florence Corneloup

worst insurance company

I would have give 0 stars, but had to give 1 star minimum...Hopeless customer service, wait for ages on the phone, not open at convenient times, cannot understand non english speaking people. Had my son listed as driver but was not advised that when he got his P plates, he would no longer be covered...had an accident and they declined the claim, I expected a big excess, but definitely not that I would not be covered...Disgusting! AVOID at all costs, RAA is cheaper anyway...

Car ModelToyota RAV4
QBEQBE

Hi Florence, we're sorry to hear about your experience. You can raise this with our complaints team https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints and they can review it

The worst insurance company I have ever delt with! Be aware!!!

QBE looks after their best interests.
QBE told me that my vehicle is a ride off and not worth fixing.
I knew that my vehicle could be fixed for half the panel beater's quote.
The panel beater gave QBE an over inflated quote to fix it.
However I found out that my vehicle was sold to the panel beater from QBE.
QBE told me that my vehicle was a statutory ride off.
QBE won't disclose that my vehicle was sold and for how much.
I have lost money, because QBE would not pay my whole finance amount for my vehicle, the actual value of it and have ruined my claims history.
QBE mishandled my claim causing me financial and emotional stress.
QBE= LIARS NO NOT TRUST THEM WITH YOUR INSURANCE POLICY

QBEQBE

Hi Pelagia, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We recommend escalating this to our complaints team for review - https://www.qbe.com/au/about/governance/complaints

RobynMcDougall

RobynMcDougallAU

Worst insurance company ever!!!!

You are better off having NO insurance than going with QBE!!! My car got hail damage. Taken in to get fixed. When I got the car back it had MORE damage than what it had when it went in! Sunroof was broken! Front headlights scratched! Seals around headlights melted! My Mercedes is now absolutely wrecked! No help. No customer service. They couldn’t care less! $1000 excess and my car is ruined! QBE is the worst!

Car ModelMercedes-Benz M-Class W163 ML 350
QBEQBE

Hi Robyn, per our response to your message on Facebook, if you can please PM us the details of the claim and a contact number, we can take a look into this

Worst Insurance ever

QBE is the worst insurance ever. Had a car reverse into me. Cleary at fault and told QBE it was his fault. They told me I’m not liable then they changed their minds and said I am. They never call back. Useless

Claim DateJune 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Peter, we're sorry to hear about this experience. We will PM you for some details and look into it.

Peter
Peter

Really bad service, all their services are based in the Philippines probably paying 40 pesos per hour. Really poor.Im changing to AAMI

Mikef50

Mikef50Sydney, NSW

Best Green Slip

For compulsory third party insurance......Green Slip, QBE makes it super easy, providing the best (cheapest) quote, and all applications available online (for standard cars/drivers). I've got two cars, and both Green Slips are through QBE. Renewal reminders always sent when due to make it easier. I always check at comparison sites to make sure QBE is best for me...and it remains so. Thank you QBE

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Car ModelHonda Jazz

AjaySydney, NSW

Terrible, Unprofessional and Dishonest Service

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL
Claim DateMay 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Ajay, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details and look into this ~BLS

Ajay

Ben the last message I got from you was requesting a claim no. Which I provided straight away. Sad to see the level of complacency in QBE. Just a note for people reviewing this “I never heard from Ben ever”.

Silver

SilverVictoria

Dishonest. Contradictory. Breaching confidentiality. Unprofessional. No integrity.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
QBEQBE

Hi Silver, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some details and take a look into it ~Ben

Erin

ErinGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Disgusting customer service

Absolutely terrible customer service! They are quick to take your money off you for excess but take weeks to pay you your money that you are owed! They don’t get back to you regarding any complaints you lodge and don’t communicate between their departments! I even got a complaint confirmation email to confirm I lodged a complaint but then they tried to recall it! How unprofessional is that?! Never go with this company! I have warned you!

Car ModelKia Cerato
Claim Resolution Time2-4 weeks
Claim DateMay 2019
QBEQBE

Hi Erin, we're sorry to hear about your experience. We will PM you for some more details and look into this ~BLS