How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • 1-2 weeks (4)
    • 2-4 weeks (4)
    • 1-2 months (10)
    • 3+ months (17)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (24) · No (11)

Don’t use QBE

After the NSW floods my car was written off 2 weeks out of the new car replacement cover and they just kept stating the PDS saying I wasn’t eligible. They took weeks of calls to get my car even collected to be assessed as a write off. Don’t use them!!!

Be aware if you had a big accident they defenetly wont take responsibilities, their task is abusing people .

I had car accident, 8 car were damaged by fault with car which was under QBE insurance, from 4th of March until now there is no progress from them. Police report is ready almost two month but they are dumping all of people. Calling them several time even follow up issue with legal team but still they are avoiding that.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
QBE
BiancaQBE

Hi Del, thank you for your review, we’re sorry to hear this has been your experience. If you could please contact our customer service team on 133 723 or email enquiries@qbe.com, they will be able to assist you further. ^Bianca

Reza Rad

Reza RadGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Never ever ruin your nerve and waste your time with QBE

For a simple third party claim with all required documents including the police report, QBE is doing all its effort to not put the claim through. My experience: More than 45 days, still no response from them. Their service is terrible, and literally, they don't believe in customer service.

Aaron C.

Aaron C.Sydney, NSW

Better than I expected for the price

cooperman

coopermanCoomba Park

Not surprised QBE have a one star rating, it's probably too high.

Why an I not surprised that QBE have such a low rating, their total contempt for customers is astounding.
They have received payment from myself for the same car in two states,and are refusing even to discuss it with me. The lowest point was when I rang and a message said "We have a crisis at the moment and can't respond to any calls" They certainly have a crisis the most dysfunctional customer service in business history.
Mind you I have only been a customer for twenty years.
No sign of intelligent life captain.

Tawi

TawiSydney, NSW

Amazing policy cover, customer service and value

Great value insurance. One of cheapest on the market. Never long waits while on hold to speak to a representative. I had uninsured driver rear end into my car. Captured on dashcam, qbe immediately acknowledged the fault of driver who penned a statement denying the entire incident ever happened with another lying witness as well. Process has been smooth and the team at qbe have been very cooperative. Very satisfied with the service and outcome

Michael K.

Michael K.Gippsland, VIC

Innocent party!

My car was taken out by a hoon driver Dec. 19th, Spent 3 hours on hold before giving up and called back the next morning. Then was refused by call taker for access to a hire car until someone called me back in 24-48 hours then it was highlighted that they would give me a hire car for no more than 14 days even though I wasn't at fault. Sent my car to a repairer on Dec. 22 that was closed from the 23rd - Jan 18th, then open for a week before closing for a 4 day long weekend.

informed on Feb 1st that the car has now been cleared for repairs how-ever we can't provide a time line on parts arriving.

Updates, what updates i have had to contently ring and beg for hire car extensions,

Shanae B.

Shanae B.South East Queensland, QLD

Disgusting service from a terrible company

My partner was in a motorcycle accident nearly one week ago (he was not at fault) and has tried to contact QBE eight times since then. Every time he gets redirected, given a number that is no longer available or promised a call back within 24 hours that never happens. This is by far the worst company we have EVER had to deal with. Considering taking this further given our frustration and we don’t want anyone else to have to go through this. Do not insure with this absolute joke of a company.

Renewal

You signed up for one year, and nothing was ever mentioned about renewal or whatsoever, and the actually mentioned when your police ends, but you found out that it’s for a lifetime until you cancel or die
Where does it say that, it in our website but it is not in my policy
Total joke

Find out how QBE Car Insurance compares to other Car Insurance

Disappointed by delays and lack of communication

I’ve been with QBE for around 10 years and my vehicle was badly damaged last month while parked (I was not at fault). The panel beaters took a week to say it was a write off; I then waited 3 weeks for QBE to confirm it was a write off. The assessor finally rang me a week ago to inform me of the payout figure and I’m still waiting to hear what happens next. I’ve had to keep ringing QBE for updates even though they assured me they’d keep me informed. I understand that things take time but the lack of communication or initiative on QBE’s part has been extremely frustrating. I definitely will be switching insurers.

David

DavidGoulburn Valley, VIC

Refund

Avoid i changed states and wanted to get a refund on my green slip gave reg number of motor bike so person would bring up screen with my info on it ,,,5 mins into the exchange she tells me it is not her department pointless giving the reg number ....to get a refund is not easy ... i give up my Loss waist time on phone mind blowing to find person is clueless .......phone call was made 9.45am 18/1/2021 I have a copy of receipt from vic Roads RE old plates .

Peter C

Peter CSouth East Queensland, QLD

Nothing was a Problem

I recently had my D-Max damaged in the Hail Storm that hit SEQ... I made a claim and had the vehicle inspected within a few days. Given the amount of cars damaged in this storm, work didn't start for a few weeks, but everything was perfect.
I had the bonnet, windscreen, roof replaced and dents removed from almost every other panel. They contacted me every few days with an update / progress report.
Lifetime guarantee on the work with a perfect finish.
Great job and excellent service...

Alex

AlexCentral Queensland, QLD

Paid in a week time!

terrySouth Australia

e card scam

Received email from QBE if you select us for ctp you will receive $50 voucher .That was a month ago ,still waiting, Insured with them for 12 months ,would like to know if i can change

Tmi

TmiSydney, NSW

Disgusting

I feel disgusted just spent 30mins on phone trying to get car insurance only to get told they can not insure me as I have a criminal conviction.
Yes I made an error in judgment and have paid the price.
They didn't ask what I had done just we can't insure you!!

LBH

LBHMelbourne

Outrageous price increases. No customer loyalty.

This Pamela kapplas that she work in Qbe office claim she is been very rude

This Pamela kapplas that she work in Qbe office claim she is been very rude and not good worker. I been waiting so long and nothing get anything back. She should quit her job. Very bad. I will never ever go with Qbe again.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes

Peter

PeterSydney

Disgraceful behaviour

I was not the policy holder but a third party who's vehicle was damaged by their client.
Their client admitted liability and put in a claim but they ignored my letters of demand.
I had to threaten to take out a court order against their client to get acknowledgement from them.
If i do go through that process it would be their poor client fronting up to court.
This has not been settled to this date and have to may take out a court order.

Insurance TypeComprehensive

Asked for my CTP

I have made many request,s for my CTP to be sent out early i made 3 phone calls still waiting.... last e.mail QBE sent was CTP will be sent in 3 to 7 days to day is 8th day zero nothing . I made a complaint to them , they sent mail back saying they did not have enough Information to look into my complaint i send the reg number of my motor bike . i will say the staff are nice to talk to but i like to get a result .

Bazcar

BazcarSydney Surrounds, NSW

Kindness

Kindness? What's that? These days it's all money and political correctness. QBE have impressed me yet again. Not only have they given me a discount on my insurance, they have given their customers access to to have free counselling sessions with a company by the name of a Assure if they are in need during this Covid debacle. I don't care if there is some sort of agenda, I still think it's a wonderful thing to do. Ten gold stars to QBE