Auto Europe

Auto Europe

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Auto Europe? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.8
Carl
CarlPerth, WA

Ripped off

Had to cancel holiday due to Jetstar stopping flights to Qld. Auto Europe charging $44 to cancel booking which is beyond my control.
They are making profits on other people's misfortunes. They aren't the actual car hire company, just money grabbing middleman, which don't do bugger all to justify $44 cancellation fee.

Marlene Donaldson
Marlene DonaldsonDarling Downs, QLD

FALSE ADVERTISING

I have a current booking with Auto Europe and I only booked with them because the lady who I got from the gold coast who helped me book advised me they were open 24/7 and I could call anytime if stuck overseas. I haven't left yet and I am already thinking about cancelling as this is false advertising. If they can lie about this what else can they fabricate ? Don't put on your website your open 24/7 and state on a recording ( which i too have recorded for proof) saying your office hours are Mon-Fri 6:30am-7:30pm EST ???? Please explain. I hate liars and False Advertising

Michael P.
Michael P.Hobart, TAS

Auto Europe and Europcar has been a very positive experience for us!

We booked a car from Auto Europe in Australia with car pick up in Sion/Switzerland and drop off at Geneva Airport at 6:30 in the morning. I was able to pick up the car slightly in advance - no question asked. The booking mentioned an Audi or similar car and we ended up with a beautiful and new Audi from Europcar. Superb service with no additional cost. I did pay in advance for it and that was it. Bond as usual without issue. I will definitively reuse and recommend their services.

Find out how Auto Europe compares to other Car Rental Services

Beware of the fine print!

Auto Europe is disaster.

LD Humair
LD HumairSouth East Queensland, QLD

Never ever again

I booked a rental car and paid in full before my arrival in Berlin Tegel. My flight from Australia was delayed due to weather and mechanical issues. I have informed Auto Europe every time my flight changed. Once, fully exhausted after 50 hours travel, the VERY rude employee did not have my car category, no was willing to give me an upgrade. After many attempts to recover my expenses I ended up with nothing.

TJ Low
TJ LowHunter Region, NSW

Insurance

They do not give you the option to pick your insurance cover and automatically charged insurance. I got to Hertz to only find out that that insurance cover does not reduce the excess fee of $4,800. I was told by Hertz, if I had an accident I would have to pay the excess and then claim back from Auto Europe, who has $4,800 handy!

BEva
BEvaFar North Queensland, QLD

Europcar were terrible

Got to Europcar at London Heathrow to be handed a C class Mercedes and paid double the price. After a 24 hr journey (with a 5 month old baby) from Australia, we just wanted the car we had booked and to be on our way. Had pre booked and paid for a Vauxhall Mokka. Told us basically the Mokka wasn’t available and the boot would be too small. The waiting was ridiculous too...over an hour to get the car. Will not be using Autoeurope to book a Europcar again. Very disappointing service.

Denis
DenisIllawarra, NSW

Avoid this organisation they are no help

I just arrived back from Europe, I booked three car rentals, two with Avis and one with Sixt through Auto Europe. My first one with Avis, they did not have the car I booked and gave me a smaller car. I had paid for a Mercedes C class and got a Toyota corolla, I still have not had any response from AutoEurope four weeks after complaining. Second rental was with Avis which went smoother, but car was dirty inside and had not been cleaned. Third rental was with Sixt and Turin airport, I was advised I was 10 minutes late and my booking was cancelled. I got little support fromAuto Europe, I had to pay Sixt extra for another car. Do not use Auto Europe.

sHANE50
sHANE50South East Queensland, QLD

AutoEurope Australia car hire in Italy May 2019

We hired a car on-line in Australia for pick-up in Como, Italy and drop-off in Milan.   Did heaps of research as this was our first booking and decided to go with AutoEurope.  The booking was really easy and they helped with all our questions.   Pick-up and drop was perfect, car was upgraded due to one we ordered being unavailable.   There was a slight hiccup with Hertz Italy double charging for some fees in Italy (drop location and additional driver).  Emma at AutoEurope was fantastic and kept us up to date with the progress of our inquiry which resulted in Hertz refunding 100% of the overcharge by Hertz.    Would happily use them again.

Steven G
Steven GSydney Surrounds, NSW

Extortionate Hidden unwanted charges

Booked basic car in Australia for UK Arrived London charged twice the amount for a car did not order new Mercedes and $600 for GPS, could used mobile for $80.

Avoid it!

Stay Away

Very scammy! They had no problem processing my card, even though they hadn't accepted my reservation. Requested that I fax all sorts of documents to a number in the US if I wanted to continue the process. Which I obviously could not do on vacation. But wouldn't take the holds off my card. To top it off the customer service representative was nastiest piece of works I have had the displeasure of speaking with.

Rafael Carrilho
Rafael CarrilhoGold coast

Terrible experience

Terrible customer service and had a lot of problems with the booking. I made the booking through autoeurope and Europcar and nothing was as the voucher says. I was overcharged and I’m trying to reach the autoeurope through email but they don’t reply

Got ripped off over insurance

Booked car hire for Ireland taking up insurances and paying in advance $538.59. Then get charged an additional $346.84 from Avis because said I signed to take insurance from them. So insured twice. Auto Europe insurance is apparently different and if sign at Avis then have to pay the additional. Should advise the customer not to take insurance from Avis. My advice forget Auto Europe and book direct and you'll then know what you're up for.