Auto & General Car Insurance

Auto & General Car Insurance

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Guneet

GuneetSydney

Terrible Service

Had an accident with a truck more than 2weeks ago and gave it for repair the next day. Auto & General Still havent fixed my car. Every time i call the insurance they claim that the Auto & General repairs Concord is still waiting for the new tyre. I don't understand how long does it take to order and replace it!! Its costing me so much money to catch a cab to work and back home. Also, apparently an insurance Claim agent had left a note that I had already picked up my car even though I have requested towing it back to my place because i cant pick it up and also the fact that it still hasn't been fixed yet. Incompetent and Terrible service!!

Car ModelHolden Commodore VE
Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim DateOctober 2019

brent

brentPilbara, WA

Do not touch this company

this is the worst insurance company i have ever dealt with
$110 000 car stolen and they are hiding trying not to pay
refuse to answer calls
the person in charge is misteriously never available

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Claimant is the policy holder Yes
Claim ApprovedNo

Shocking Service! Stay Away! They deserve zero....

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage and Third Party, Fire and Theft
Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelFord Focus
Claim DateFebruary 2019
Claim ApprovedNo
Elly S.

Elly S.

Terrible!

Shocking service, nobody from this company ever called me back until i was finally lucky enough to receive help by a lovely lady in disputes. I was made to take my car to their preferred repairer who took over 9 weeks to return the car, and it still isn't fixed properly!

Car ModelSuzuki Swift FZ

Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Erik

Erik

Glad im not insured with them

Not with this insurance, making a claim against one of their customers. They expect me to do a lot of running around with out of pocket expenses for me which they wont cover.

Insurance claim madeYes

Terrible such a bad experience

I had such a bad experience, such a shame for you guys. Literally you guys give me a dodge. I made a biggest mistake to purchase insurance.
I bought a car, and insurance on the same day someone hit my parked car next day. I have all the receipts and everything. I was not at fault and even still have to bear all the loss. They have deducted premium, taken rego give less amount in terms of market value. I have just bought it a day ago.
They are literally bad service from claims department.

Jesse

Jesse

Absolutely disgusting.

Worst insurance company in Australia.

They blatantly disregarded my financial situation after a claim had been filed against me, it took them many weeks to send me out an itemized quote for the cost of repairs, when I received the quote there were item that were replaced that I didn't do damage to, along with the quote it was very expensive, over $3000 worth of damages all for a rear bumper bar that cost $308.65 from Toyota and they still could t justify the cost of the extra $2700.

I have put in a complaint about this company.
I will never be using this company nor will my friends or family.

Pathetic service

A lot of comments basically summarize all I have to say about the experience I had with A&G- slow response, no Assessment till after 2 weeks and once finally getting my car back after 5 weeks still waiting to get paid for the invoiced amount (only a small claim of $1200)-
Budget if you going to stay insurer of the year blah, blah, blah - get yourself another Underwriter to replace the pathetic A&G !!!!

Insurance claim madeYes

Strictly speaking this company is not insurance company. Do not use this company.

When I made a claim they did not process the claim directly. They requested driving history for five years and claim history from ex-insurance company. And then they request to pay extra premium before processing.
And also they increased premium- 100%. In a word bad company. Do not use this company.

Melissa

MelissaBrisbane

Lovely Customer Service

I called to cancel my policy, funnily enough based on the amount of bad reviews.

Dana was polite, not pushy but gave additional information. She almost kept me there. But for other reasons I have cancelled. I would urge people to seek there own experience. Remembering that people are always going to leave bad reviews. But it takes a lot to leave a good one.

She cancelled the claim, had answers to all my questions, was polite, not pushy and not stroppy about me cancelling as others may be.

Based on this.. I would not rule them out in future.

Thanks Dana. I hope this starts a new trend of people leaving good reviews for you!!!

Unprofessional, Unreliable & Unethical bunch of people

Pathetic Service.. All promises but no action

My car was written off , not my fault.
It took several weeks to assess the damage. A&G never returned phone calls as promised or were not available (especially the assessment team ). The car was to be repaired but when extra damage was found it was written off but I received much less than the repair cost. All this took 6 weeks and no hire car was organised by them. 6 weeks now and still matters to be finalised. A very disappointed customer.

Insurance claim madeYes

please do a favour yourself do not use this company to insure your car of have any dealing with them

I've made a claim just to find out that they have lost my conversation when policy was established and they asked me to get police clearance. I have questioned this and one of the members of the company told me that I may not be insured. To get police clearance i need at least 1 week or longer I opted to go with another insurance company. And called to cancel the policy with Dodo (auto & general). They said it it Ok to cancel. Surprise they called a week and a half later to confirm the cancellation and added an extra week. DO NOT USE THIS INSURANCE COMPANY.

Fiona H

Fiona H

Pay the extra money on your premium to insure w someone else

olBoy

olBoyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

incompetent and disrespectful customer service!

After being issued a bill for a motor accident, which acceptedly was my fault, I was treated with utmost insensitively, and to be perfectly honest aggressively, in a threatening manner by a member of their minion staff, who subsequently has the most unfortunate luck of working for such an abhorrent motor insurance company! So If my experience is even remotely like anything to go by, I'd be utterly gobsmacked as to why anyone in a right mind would possibly want to take out a policy with this atrocious company!

T dani

T dani

Beware terrible heartless company

Insurance claim madeNo

Be wary of what you setup on your insurance

Had been through 3 insurance policies (via different retailers/issuers) being the underwriter as A&G. ALL policies were supposed to be setup as AGREED VALUE - only to find out that they switch it to MARKET VALUE. If you don't check your policy documents, then they will swindle you for it.

Company has been reported to ASIC, ACCC and fair trading.

DOUG

DOUGMATCHAM

Auto & General Car Insurance - Pathetic service

One of the worst car insurance company in Australia. My honest advice is to keep away from this , they do not have any work ethics towards client, do not disclose hidden unfair rules until last moment to decline any genuine claim

EFFICIENT

After much too and from with my no fault claim (20.12.17) - today I spoke with ANNA. She quickly assessed the information I provided, waivering my excess to have my vehicle repaired without any cost to me (I hope).
Thank you Anna for your quick, efficient and professional manner to finalise this matter. Sheila