Autotrader

Autotrader

See the Best Online Vehicle Sales Sites in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Autotrader? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

1.0

angrycustomer32
angrycustomer32brisbane

Scammers beware!

I msged an ad, for a Mazda 3, before I got to see all these reviews glad I did!
I got a similar LOOONG soap opera story plus a dodgy looking drivers license, it sent red flags the minute, they went on and on about their life story.
And then demanding for pay ment before getting to see the car.
So I searched online for a place where we can report this website.
The only one I could find is this one, as far as i know you can report websites if they have scammed you of money.
Hopefully they can shut these scammers down

Sandy
SandySydney, NSW

Every ad is a scam please don’t use this website

Scams everywhere please don’t use the website. There is no help line and no place to make a complaint. See the attached photo this is a scam. Nothing is done to take it down.

JCAE
JCAEGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

SCAMMER STORY

• Incentivised Review No

SCAM just like everyone says

do not trust the ad for the red 2003 volkswagen beetele, they wanted me to pay the deposit before the car apparently gets delivered by some sketchy website, I would not trust them they try to take your money but don't give you a car. stay away from autotrader!!!!

Graham
GrahamCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Scam!

Could not answer any questions. Rego and vin unavailable. Wanted me to pay Autotrader-logistics.com.au/ up front with a guarantee of full refund of delivery of car . No phone number and not pre inspection address was offered. prior to purchase. Scan scam scam

SCAM SCAM SCAMMMMMMMM

DO NOT use this website it is a total scam and anyone posting an ad is a scammer , same as some others they say they are in the military and awaiting to be deployed , DO NOT GIVE ANY DETAILS OR SEND ANY MONEY !!!! . check every detail with all relevant authorities, the registration numbers never are correct even when the registration plate is on the vehicle it is wrong and you won't find it ..... I CANNOT EXPRESS THIS ENOUGH , STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE !!!! , It should be taken down PERMANENTLY!!!!

Julie J.
Julie J.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

SCAM! WARNING TO OTHERS!!!

Your website is a scam! A warning to others don't use this website. [Name Removed] is a scam, I received the same crap emails & crap story about divorce & her being in the Australian Airforce. Please be aware not to get fooled & give out any personal details.

SCAM SCAM SCAM

Exact same story being deployed to military, needs money for kids. Not happy!
I'd give no stars if that was possible.

Candice
Candice

Scam listings

Just like those before me, I got the same scam email from Serena Reid saying she was in the airforce, about to be deployed and got the car in a divorce. Things didn't add up with the low price and images not matching the model in the listing, so on Googling the name, found that other here had been scammed. BEWARE Autotrader listing!!

• Return Claim MadeNo

Moses
Moses

Scam scam scam

• +1Thumbnail
Pistolere
PistolereGold Coast

100% Scam

Scam ads, same response for every ad, same assessment as the majority. sent enquiries to two different 'sellers' in locations 200klm apart. Response from same person after 5 days, being deployed, divorce, send money. Do not purchase through this site unless you want to risk losing your 'hard earned'.

chucky
chuckyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't contact Autotradet to report a scam

Someone has used my car photos and description to sell it on autotrafers itsca scam and someone is going g to get stung don't attempt to buy the vehicle shown here

Find out how Autotrader compares to other Online Vehicle Sales Sites

It’s a scam I got the same message

SCAM!!!!

Amore
AmoreSouth East Queensland, QLD

Scammer selling BM 2015 Mazda 3 SP25 Astina across multiple cities in Australia

Peter D.
Peter D.asked

We placed an ad on Autotrader to sell our car and we had a person willing to pay full price no questions asked from QLD (we're in VIC) and arrange for freight and costs. This person even sent me a copy of a QLD heavy vehicle driver's license. Wondering if anyone else has had the same experience? We have stopped all communication with this person and reported them to scam watch and other authorities.

Melissa S.
Melissa S.asked

My son had the same interactions as others. It's a good story. When he forwarded me the bank details I was suspicious as the account was in a personal name. I expected a company, or even a trust. This lead me to contact autotraders, and search for reviews, and I found this site. Thank goodness!

Mindy Scott
Mindy Scottasked

Where's the Fraud Squad? And why aren't the Federal Police doing something about these pieces of crap?

Jane
Jane

I've report to NSW Police - also alerted Autotraders

Yannik
Yannik

Anyone ever got the money back ?

Andy
Andy

My daughter has just been scammed couple of days ago. I want to report but not sure where to start