3.8 from 1,044 reviews

3.8

1,044 reviews

Easiest way to sell your car for fair price

Initial estimate of value and final agreed value differed little and met (if not exceeded) my expectations.
The process was painless. Mark came to me and saw the vehicle, estimated a value range and awaited confirmation from Josh. Josh and Mark agreed a final offer value which I accepted. Later that same day the car was picked up and confirmation of payment of the funds was given.
All in al a 100% positive experience.

Toothfairy

Toothfairy

Fast, convenient & hassle free!!

My husband did an online quote to get an idea what our car was worth.
We entered the details online & were contacted within the day to organise our car to be looked at.
Mark arrived, took a few photos & sent to his boss for a price to purchase our car.
Within 5 min we had a price, agreed & did the paperwork.
The following business day the car was collected & payment made!!

It can’t get any easier. This is a fast & convenient service! Absolutely no hassle. We got a fair price & didn’t have to stuff around advertising a private sale waiting for people to come and check it out etc

Better price than a trade in from a dealer too!

Russell T.

Russell T.Sydney, NSW

Excellent Service

Timing and Service was excellent
Really helped me making the desicion to sell my car through them
Props to Brian from the Strathfield office, did the hard yards for me

All up rate 10/10 for my experience

Stress free sale

Found the process of selling my car si.ple and stress free. A valuer came to my home making it easy with kids, gave me a fair offer and took my car the following day. Even if it is a tiny bit less I mat have got privately the whole process made the sale fast and simple

Kiera R.

Kiera R.Wheatbelt, WA

Pleasant and fast.

A really good experience all round. The gentleman was on time and explained the process and gave me a fair price for my car. The online booking and estimation process is easy to use with clear instructions.
I didn't want people coming to my house and did not want to spend the time advertising, this was an ideal alternative.

Persistent Pests

Offered $17,000 for my car so sold my vehicle privately for $24,500 and within a week. I have no issue with company making a low ball offer to make a profit. I am however offended by persistent sms to use the services despite numerous request to have my mobile number removed. Cease annoying spam. My ex car rego was NBN36Z.

Edge L.

Edge L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Last year great service, this year terrible service

Prepare yourself for the no sense talk to lower the value of your car.
Last year selling with them was very professional an accurate.
This year very unprofessional very inaccurate specifically (Trent)

JaneP

JanePMelbourne

Easy, convenient & honest

The process was simple, communications at valuation honest and payment was fast. I did have doubts initially but wouldn’t hesitate to use this service again. Made the whole process easy.

Ambern

AmbernGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not even 10% of quote offered!

Quoted an amount to get you to yard. Such a waste of time didnt even offer ten percent of original quote. Yes I expected less than the original quote. Very dissapointed.

Maxine

MaxineSydney, NSW

Quick and easy process with friendly staff

The process is so easy and well organised. The guy came out to our area to assess the car and gave a good offer and I was confident to go ahead with the sale.

MICHAEL RICHES

MICHAEL RICHESGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Good fast option if you're willing to take a lower sale price for your car.

We took two cars to be valued and ended up selling one. The online price was higher than what was offered due to both car ages being derived from the reg date and not the build date (issue with the online quote system).

Appointments were good as was the person we dealt with.

Overal, if you're looking to sell your car quickly and accept you're going to get a reduced sale price, it's a reasonable, hassle free option.

llwiggab

llwiggab

Very positive car selling experience

The team of SellMyCar was friendly and efficient. I was well informed, treated with respect. It was convenient to have the car inspected at my home. The team who picked up my car even brought back a CD I forgot in the Player. I highly recommend SellMyCar. They pay higher values than any trade-in, they are really effecient and professional.

Corey

Corey

Great service, reasonable price offered, easy process

I had a great experience with Sell My Car. I got an online estimate very easily, received a follow up call and made a booking where they came to me, they made an offer which was in line with the estimate provided on the website, and then purchase my car. A tilt tray arrived to collect it and a remittance was emailed to me for the funds within 5 minutes. Such an easy process with people that were friendly and easy to deal with.

Bluepearl N.

Bluepearl N.Sydney, NSW

Very friendly and fair

Me and my partner sold our MX5 recently, the guy who came for the quote was very friendly, sold the car for a good price and received money very fast.

Only if you're absolutely desperate

On line offer just over half of current red book trade in valuation with extreme demands...12 months rego etc etc...Can't see how anyone would be sucked in by these shysters!

Bill M.

Bill M.Perth, WA

Excellent and Professional

Very professional service. All details of process explained very well. Very friendly and helpful staff. Quick and very accurate inspection of vehicle. Fair assessment of price for the vehicle. Would recommend their services.

John

JohnGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Girls don't go there alone, Aggro on their ads appropriate as I copped Aggro sales staff, DODGY

Seona B.

Seona B.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Wish I could give a review of 0 stars!!!!

Didn’t bother to show up even though appointment was confirmed prior. Horrendous attitude from the only Melbourne rep who admitted freely that their email recommendation amounts are more than exaggerated.

Time wasted

Time wastedVictoria

Onsite non inspection

Had an inspection booked by them was twenty minutes away only to have them ring and re book for two hours later as the person doing the vehicle inspection was stuck in traffic. Got to second inspection time and person did not even get out of his office chair to inspect the car and offered me less than what their lowest estimate was for the vehicle. What a waste of my time to have so called vehicle inspection done without him even looking at the car he could have just phoned me and told me the same thing as he did not even view it. Would not waste your time going to an inspection appointment..

Bee

BeeSouth East Queensland, QLD

So rude

Booked a time for appraisal on internet. Then I received a call from rude man and in 2 minutes he cancelled viewing. Didn’t even view the car.
Don’t waste ya time!! Sell private

Mel

Melasked

Hello I have just booked an appointment to take my car into one of sellyourcar.com car yards the closest to me is in Dandenong. I am selling my much loved Mercedes’s CLC kompressor because I have to. I can’t afford to get 12 months rego on the car and it runs out in a few weeks . Also there is a graze on the corner of the front bumper and the front blind to the sunroof needs replacement clips which aren’t expensive but I’m in a position I have to sell. I’m also the second owner but should that make a difference if we both looked after the car. All these things will bring the estimated price quoted down but how much lower would the estimate be. I’m really in a between a rock and a hard place. the estimate was around $8,500. My car is really in terrific condition apart from these few things. Can anyone please help me? Thank you. Mel

Daniel O.SellMyCar.com.au

Hi Mel ,Apologies for the late reply. I have just seen your message and your appt booking for yesterday at 9am. I can see that you didnt attend your appointment, perhaps because you are hesitant to sell and unsure how the online price will differ at an appointment. I will ask the buyer at Dandenong to contact you and have a chat about the pricing Thanks Mel.

jake

jakeasked

hi I have a ford fg xr6 ute 2009 auto was wondering weather or not you guys would be interested in buying an how much I would be looking at?

Colin S

Colin Sasked

My car was sold on 28/3 when will my money be put in my account?

Get an answer from our members and SellMyCar.com.au representatives