4.5 from 10,614 reviews

10,614 reviews

Dan S.

Dan S.South East Queensland, QLD

Car sold quickly, but...

Carsales.com.au certainly provided great exposure for my ad, with almost 200 views in the first 48hrs. However, I had more responses from an ad on FB Marketplace, & though that attracted mostly time wasters, if selling again in future, I would consider trying FB Market place first because it's free.
However, if I didn't receive any serious responses within the 1st week, then I would definitely list on carsales.com.au again.

SIMON

SIMONMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great site for selling a car

I have sold a number of cars over the years via carsales.com and it has always been a simple and seamless process.
The site makes it very simple to list the car and it's specifications, and the price guidance seems to be spot on.
All in all a great product!

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Simon, Thanks for sharing your positive feedback about the site being simple and helpful to use. We'll see you next time. -Alex

This is perfect and good experience!

The process was easy to write an ad and upload photos. The response was really good, received my first response within an hour after listing the ad and most of the people were genuine buyers! Sold my car within a week. Overall very satisfied with Carsales, they do really look after their customer. Thank you.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi RV, Thanks for your feedback about finding the site easy to use and produced genuine buyers! Selling within a week is great. We'll see you next time! -Alex

Georgia

GeorgiaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Sold my car within 5 days

The process was easy to write an ad and upload photos. The response was really good, received my first response 5 minutes after listing the ad and most of the people were genuine buyers!

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Georgina, Within 5 days is quick! We're happy to hear you found mostly genuine buyers as well. See you next time. -Alex

Ian

IanCentral Queensland, QLD

Sold Car within 1 week of putting it on Carsales.com.au

Good experience and sold my car within the first ten days. Website usage could be easier. Overall very satisfied with Carsales.com.au. I will sell my next vehicle on this website.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Ian, Congrats on the quick sale and thanks for your positive feedback. See you next time. -Alex

First time user and will be back

The advertisement gets to a very wide audience. The system is easy to use and we had plenty of inquiries after the price was reduced to a different search category.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Andy, Congrats on the sale and thanks for sharing your experience. We'll see you next time. -Alex

Fast sales -no fuss

Received inquiries within hours of putting up ad. Ended up selling above ask due to high demand.
Services such as assistance with writing blurb and car history document adds to sale-ability.

Hi Alex, That's great to hear! We'll see you next time. -Alex

warrantwally

warrantwallyWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Took time but an excellent result

I had to adjust the price down twice to find the "market". After that, I had an avalanche of inquiries from as far afield as Kununurra in WA.
Features that appeal are, advertised until sold, easy access to the advert for modification, & video on the advert, which stong positive influence on the sale according to this purchaser.
A late entrant from Roma actually would have paid an extra $1000 but I had already committed to selling & was meeting the buyer halfway between residences as I live in Hervey Bay. I had a very positive feeling from our conversations about his intentions so I ran with it!

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Warrantwally, Thanks for sharing your experience selling on our site. We hope the new owner is happy with the car and we see you again next time! -Alex

Great result in 48 hrs

Had a few calls on the ad, sold to first person who came for a test drive. Very happy with result - very easy process. Easy to communicate with potential sellers

Hi Mary, Congrats on selling your car and thanks for the feedback! -Alex

David

DavidSydney, NSW

Happy seller

Quick sale, lots of enquiries. Sold my car in just 2 days. Couldn't be happier. I had some low ball offers which were rejected, but in the end got what I needed.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi David, That's a quick sale! Thanks for your feedback and 5-star review. See you next time. -Alex

William Saunders

William SaundersPerth

Sold my car in three hours of putting ad up!

I put the ad up at 10am and the car was sold by 1pm for a very satisfactory price. After I sold it I received 7 more contacts and had to rush home and cancel the ad! thanks car sales

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi William, Congrats on your super-speedy sale! We also have a mobile app that might be handy for next time, so you don't have to rush home! -Alex

Peter

Can't filter out dealers anymore.

Noticed to-day that Carsales has stopped the ability to search for private sales only. It is now -new/ used- so when you click on used all the dealers are still there. 98% of cars sold by dealers on Carsales are used.
The reason why people use these websites is to escape them now we have to wade through pages of adds to find the private sales,turns it into a complete waste of time.
l hope Gumtree doesn't do the same.
The last time l bought a car from a dealer l had push it out of the dealership and clutch start it being told all it needed was a good run to charge the battery Yeah Yeah l know!!! but that was a long time ago.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Peter, Thanks for your feedback. We still have this filter option available, you'll find it under 'Other' > 'Seller Type'. I have passed on your thoughts to those that make decisions about our filters. Thanks for your time! -Alex

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Peter, Thanks for the extra info, I'll pass this on as well. The folks who made this change were very keen for the feedback. -Alex

Sonja C.

Sonja C.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Quick and easy sale

Sold car within the week for a good price. Had more than one group enquiring and keen. Sold to first people that looked at it. Carsales made the selling easy with little effort!

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Sonja, Congrats on the quick sale at a good price. Thanks for your feedback and 5-star review. See you next time. -Alex

Watch out for the scammers!

So many scammers!!! No warning given by Carsales, when placing the ad, as to what a scam looks like and how they operate, what to avoid etc. nearly lost thousands. Genuine buyers hard to come by. Every extra comes with a price. More competition with used car dealers advertising on the site, losing visibility of private buyers who can’t afford the flashy extras.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Dana, Thanks for your feedback about your experience selling your car with us. Scammers are frustrating to deal with and something we're always working on, we appreciate your thoughts. We hope to see you again next time. -Alex

Don't waste your money in Carsales Ad

If you are a private seller, It is wasting money to put your car in Carsales app. Because their offered price is much more than the market price and there are no buyers for that range of price. Even I decreased my selling price to great value in Carsales term. Also, It is not good support for your Ad from Carsales team. I do recommend using gumtree or Facebook which is more reliable, much better buyer attention to your Ad; and also free.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Hardy, Thanks for your feedback. It's good to hear you sold your car, even if it wasn't with us this time. -Alex

Digby G.

A very painless way to sell your car.

2 interested parties with some knowledge evaporated rather quickly... 3rd lass delighted & paid negotiated price.
No stress or following on my part - sensational!!
My Podiatrist did the ad LOL.... Thanks Simon!!

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Digby (and Simon), Congrats on selling your car. We're happy to hear you found the right buyer and thanks for the 5-star review. See you (and possibly Simon) next time. -Alex

Digby G.

Give me a few years Alex!! VERY happy with the Tiguan :-)
How much should I slip Simon?

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Digby, It's great to hear you're happy with the Tiguan. I'm not sure how much you'd slip Simon, but he sounds like a good bloke! -Alex

BurnumSydney, NSW

Very good online services and sales opportunity

Recently l was looking for a used vehicle carsales.com have me direct mages and contact with seller's giving me a greater understanding of the various pricing and model range outlook.

Hi Burnum, Thanks for your 5-star review and feedback while buying. -Alex

Finding the best car

i found my used car

Stuart

StuartIllawarra, NSW

Great site worked well

Good quality of clients looking to buy on this site. Good recommendations from the site on sell price and features. I received good feedback and sold the car in 3 days for the money I needed.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Stuart, Congrats on selling your car, 3 days is quick! Thanks for your positive feedback. -Alex

Easy and quick sale

Was quick & easy to set up. Good info and resources online for gauging price etc. Got a steady stream of enquiries and got a sale in just over a week. Paid for my ad and a little extra for a 'car facts' sheet to give buyers extra confidence, but I think it was worth it.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Mark, Thanks for your feedback about the site and carfacts report. (https://www.carfacts.com.au/) We'll see you next time! -Alex

ANGE

ANGE

Great experience fantastic outcome

I was so happy at the response my van got and sold it really quickly. I highly recommend carsales.Com.Au. I'm also buying another car and it's fantastic to be able to see the details of the car before you go out to see it.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Ange, Congrats on the quick sale of your van. Thanks for the 5-star review and positive feedback as well. We'll see you next time. -Alex

Rick H.

Rick H.asked

Hi - wondering what your fee structure is for your adds? I understand that you have four different categories for adds and it can depend on the value of the car. I have tried to find this information on your website and cannot locate it. thanks

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Rick, Thanks for contacting us. This link should help: https://www.carsales.com.au/sell-my-car
If you have any further questions, our Melbourne-based call centre are working from home and will be happy to help: 13 72 53 (13 SALE); Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5:30pm AEST; Sat - Sun: 9am - 1pm and 2:30pm - 5:30pm AEST -Alex

Chas

Chasasked

What is the cost of selling my car through Car Sales

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Chas, Thanks for your question. The price to sell depends on the value of your car (if it's under $5k, it's free), and the type of ad you choose. Here is a link to the sell page where you can see the prices and what each price point offers: https://www.carsales.com.au/sell-my-car. If you have any further questions, you're also welcome to reach out of our call centre in Melbourne. 13 72 53 (13 SALE); Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5:30pm AEST; Sat - Sun: 9am - 1pm and 2:30pm - 5:30pm AEST -Alex

Adrian P.

Adrian P.asked

With cars that have been saved it will mark then as on hold in the list, but then upon clicking into the page it is listed as sold?
Just wanted to confirm which one is correct

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Adrian, The one in the saved cars list showing 'on-hold' would be correct. This means the ad has been placed on-hold (paused) by the seller.

Because the link is no longer active, it shows 'sold/unavailable' if you manage to click on it.

Thanks - and sorry for the slow reply!

Get an answer from our members and Carsales.com.au representatives