4.5 from 10,508 reviews

Jak

JakDarwin, NT

Professional car sales ads

The ad was great. The video ad even better! Very pleased with rapid sale and believe the it was the reputation of car sales and your professional level ad suggestions & designs that attracted genuine interest and therefore the quick sale of my car

Rob P

Rob P

Dont waste your money

Very difficult to place ad.
My ad went on WITHOUT a description of my car which i spent ages writing in.
I paid for the premium ad at $145 and my ad was near the bottom.
I only sold my car by sheer luck.

Leigh R.

Leigh R.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

A quick and easy way to sell my car. Selling in just 2 days.

Sold my Daughters car in just 2 days! Easy to put up online with a simple step by step process. The tools to help manage the add are very good showing where you are in the market vs other similar cars.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Great to hear Leigh! Congratulations on the sale :)

Very quick & easy way to sell my car!

Very quick & easy way to sell my car! Quick & easy to put my car information & pictures online. Quick & easy to find a serious buyer. Quick & easy to know the information regarding my car was correct to ensure the buyer gets what they think they're getting. Quick & easy process all 'round!

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Amazing to hear Johnzo! Thanks so much for the positive review and congrats on the sale :) -Kate

Paul W.

Paul W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Got there eventually

A lot of tyre kickers and time wasters, I would love a feature which would highlight what effort one goes to, to prepare for a an inspection only to find they don't turn up or treat the viewing with little to no respect.

Colin of Boronia

Colin of BoroniaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great result through Carsales

The process of placing the ad with Carsales was very easy with plenty of online assistance to help me. I started receiving responses within a very short time and sold it to a person who contacted me via Carsales. Very happy with the whole experience.

John P

John PRichmond-Tweed, NSW

Thank you carsales.

Thank you carsales. made it easy to sell and plenty of exposure to the market. Very good analytical data to help you sell and gauge the price that you have online.

David Fowler

David Fowler

It works!

It works! I had a great car in really good condition and spent time getting good photo's and checking the write-up. Carsales displayed it effectively - and it sold within 2 days!

A good sale!

A good way to sell one's car and for people who are genuinely looking to buy. Customers Leaving their messages and contact numbers, one didn't miss out on whose contacting me. A great website to use, many thanks!

Sajib A.South East Queensland, QLD

Great car selling experience, but bit of a hiccup

Best place to sell your car in Australia. Had a slight hiccup where my car was categorised in a place that it shouldn't be and it placed me at a disadvantage. The car was categorised with other cars that were not of similar spec which comprehensively reduced my exposure to interested buyers.

Sajib A.

Hi, I did contact customer service initially but they wouldn't address it as it was information direct from the manufacturer, in my situation it was a bit silly as there was no differences physically but was still put at the disadvantage

Beardy Bonce

Beardy BonceSydney, NSW

Probably the easiest (and safest) way to buy and sell a car

Posted our car up for sale on Carsales and sold it at just under the advertised price within 7 days.
We chose the cheapest ad possible and posted about 10 pictures of the car plus a full and realistic description.
Messages of interest started to come through after 2-3 days and we eventually sold the car to the first people that came to see it.
We also had the car advertised (same ad and pictures) on Gumtree and were bombarded with very low ball offers from people that didn't seem to want to come and look at the car as well as bogus can we pay by PayPal and ship to Darwin scams.
Carsales proved to be the safe and convenient way to sell cars.
On the same day we sold the car, we also bought a car....through carsales!

MaxineSydney, NSW

Great Easy Sale

I am delighted with the car sales site, it is fairly easy to navigate and I have results now on 3 cars sold! I would highly recommend to anyone wanting a fair deal.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Thanks for the positive review Maxine and congrats on selling those cars!

You are very welcome!

Arji

ArjiGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Excellent results every time!

Over the past 15 years, I've sold three cars and I've always had great results with this website. I've also enjoyed the process so there's really no need to advertise anywhere else!

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Thanks for being such a loyal customer, Arji! And congratulations on the sales :)

Tru P.

Tru P.Perth, WA

The carsales network is the largest and best for selling and buying vehicles.

The carsales network worked well for me, it was worth waiting for the right candidate. The carsales network is very comprehensive and gives great tips. Also uploading videos and images is very helpful.
I will definitely use it again.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Glad to hear it, Tru P. Looking forward to helping you the next time you're looking to buy or sell!

Mel

Mel

Waste of money!!

Wouldn't waste your money! Try gumtree or facebook market place Which is FREE. I wanted to change my photos on carsales and it wouldn't let me. There was no help they are just greedy!

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Mel. Sorry to hear you've had issues updating your photos. Our customer service team are available to help you! You can contact them on 13 72 53. They will be available on Saturday, 9-5.30pm. Good luck with the sale.
- Deb

Perfect

Highly recommended please by all means use it if you need to sell your car had no trouble using any feature stats on users reviewing your add is usefull. Very good

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Glad you hear you likes our stats Ash - always good to know how your ad is performing! Congrats on the sale :)

TAB623

TAB623Sydney, NSW

Successful sale

Carsales is a great network to sell your car on. I only received genuine buyers contacting me. On another popular sale sight I constantly received hoax text messages from fake buyers. Be careful. The sale of my minivan took a while but it has been successful and I had a wide audience with Carsales.com. The final purchaser was even able to call me safely through the Carsales platform.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Congrats on the sale TAB623 and thanks for the positive feedback :)
-Kate

Jeremy

JeremyGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Many fake vehicles for sale

We have been looking for a vehicle.. every 1 we like they don't answer there phone and don't return calls, don't return sms's or emails.. if the vehicles are not for sale get these sellers to take them of

andrew

andrew

Great

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Great to hear you had a great experience, Andrew! Thanks for sharing :-)
-Deb

Alison C

Alison CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

First timer

I've never sold a care privately before so this was a very new experience. I found the website fairly easy to navigate and the information that came weekly with regards stats and other similar cars selling was great. I would use carsales again if I chose to sell privately

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Thanks for your review, Alison! Great to hear your first private selling experience was a good one :-) - Deb

Stevek

Stevekasked

Hi there

Do you guys give sales details for wreckers too?

Or is it only normal cars that you have ads on?

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Stevek, we don't specifically advertise for wrecker services. For sellers, we do allow vehicles that have been written off to be advertised. You can find this field in the Details section of the ad (under comments). Feel free to give us a call on 13 72 53 to clarify further.

Alison Kim Northcote

Alison Kim Northcoteasked

where do find a list of fees for me to sell my car, please

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Alison, thanks for the question! You can find out selling fees here: https://www.carsales.com.au/sell-my-car . In the "I'll make an ad" box, click "Let's get started". Our prices depend on how much you plan on selling your car for.

If you're not sure how much your car is worth, I recommend heading to our valuation tool to see what we suggest: https://www.carsales.com.au/car-valuations/

-Kate

Lee-anne P.

Lee-anne P.asked

Looking at a second hand Toyota Prado. Which year or model has held up over time?

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Lee-ann, great question and not one we can answer off the top of our heads, but we do have a few news, reviews and advice articles about the Toyota Prado on our Editorial page here: https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/results/?q=%28And.Keywords.keyword%28Prado%29._.Make.Toyota._.Category.4x4%20Offroad%20Cars.%29

Get an answer from our members and Carsales.com.au representatives