Carsales.com.au

Carsales.com.au

4.5 from 10,472 reviews

Terrific Site To Use

Carsales.com.au is a terrific site for selling motor vehicles. This is the second vehicle I have sold on here in the last 12 months and the customer service from the carsales team is fantastic.
I would highly recommend to my family and friends to sell their cars on this site.

2013 Suzuki Alto

We sold our Suzuki Alto via carssales.com,au It's an awesome platform for genuine car owners to sell or buy their cars. The service fee is completely justified. It is exiciting to experience and be in times such digital boom!!!

Car selling

Carsales are a great service for us to sell things. They send out update which is important and the add can stay for years if it hadn't sold which is great. Keep on keeping on Carsales.Thank you

Thanks Paddy! Great to hear we've been able to help you :)

Easy way to sell a car

Easy to place the add. Within 10 mins I had my first call and he was the eventual buyer. Over the day I had 12 genuine buyers. Very pleased with the result. Sold the car hours after I placed the add.

Thanks for the support John!

Great Car Sales Venue

Car Sales was a great venue on which to advertise my car. It was also very cost effective.
It was very effective at advertising the car and very easy to use.
I will use Car Sales again.

Thanks Tango! Great to hear you found the site easy to use :)

A perfect and free experience with Carsales Thank You

I wanted to go to Overseas and did not want to pay the Rego which was due next month. Carsales sent me a lot of customers and finally my car was sold.

Thanks Tahir! Great to hear :) Congratulations on the sale!

great site!

I put my car up for sale. this is a Great site, very user friendly. I Got great responses. sold my car in 2 days!!
I would most definitely recommend Carsales!

Thanks for the review Clayton! Fantastic to hear you had such a quick sale :)

Would never go past this site to sell another car.

We purchased our replacement car through Carsales.com.au so decided use them to sell the old one. The car sold incredibly quickly and we had quite a few genuine enquiries. The website is very professional and easy to use, both transactions were incredibly smooth with no problems. I highly recommend this site.

Thanks for the support Rod! Congratulations on your quick sale!

Good site but FB marketplace is better

I paid $68 for my ad on the site and got zero inspections after two weeks while FB marketplace had over 20 enquiries and many inspections. Needless to say I sold my car to a person through FB not carsales.com. Once upon a time coming on this site to purchase cars is the way to go, but reality is if you selling a cheap car that's under 10k, just use FB you prob will get more enquiries. I wish I never wasted my money on here. However good website though.

Hi Winny - Thanks for the feedback, we like to keep an eye on this. Glad to hear you had a sale, sorry to hear it wasn't through us this time around!

The only way to sell your car !

I have had great success selling my cars over may years using Carsales. Because you can attach a heap of photos potential buyers know what the car looks like before they come out and see it. Usually the first person to see it purchases my vehicles.

Thanks Steve!

Ease of use.

The carsales site is easy to use & once your ad is set up it's there until it is sold. You can easily edit & update details and the weekly stats email is excellent to keep you up with how things are going. We are not very computer literate but found it very easy to set up and are very happy with all communications & how our ad was managed.

Thanks for the review Barry! Great to hear that you found the process a smooth one :)

The system works

There are a lot of cars out there but my ad on your site worked. It took a while but was effective. Sold it for a higher price than most other similar vehicles. It works.

Thanks for the support Peter!

It was a good experience for me

The carsales website is very easy to use with handy and informative features. I am not very technically skilled, but found it to be a very intuitive and cost effective experience and would use it again. Our car was advertised for 7 weeks and the second enquiry bought it.

Great to hear Allen! Thanks for the feedback

My car is off to a better place

Quite a few inquiries and I got a fair price in the end. It will be restored to near original state. It will be great to see it finished in due course

Worst dealer ever poor and slow service Auto Outlet Direct, 3 Regatta Road, Five Dock NSW 2046. Phone : 0488890088.

This dealer did not answer calls. When finally connected to him, he was like 'whatever', 'my computer not working and I can't do an invoice', 'don't know when I can invoice'

Mum's Car gone to a good Home

Fantastic result, sold Mum's Car in Sydney while I was in Brisbane all in 4 hours start to finish. No Fuss just a great experience from start to finish. Thanks you Carsales.

Woohoo! Congrats on the sale Peter! Handling things when you're in another city can be a challenge but I'm so glad to hear it was a smooth no-fuss experience for you :) -Russ

Somewhat useful, but I'd try gumtree next time

I think the price carsales quoted as being the recommended price for a car of that model with the mileage it had ($16,999) was unrealistically high. I automatically took $500 off it when making the listing. I didn't get any buyers asking to see the car until it was under $16,000. I did agree to upgrades to give the ad prominence, so not sure how it would have gone with the most basic package. I think the car would have sold much faster if I'd listed it for $15,500 from get go (as I'd planned). Most of the email queries I got were tyre kickers. The real buyers sent sms messages. I'd try gumtree first, next time.

Hey Nina, thanks for your thoughtful review and congratulations on the sale! As you experienced first hand, pricing is a balancing act where a lot of factors need to be considered that we can't always account for in our estimates. That said, I have shared your feedback with our teams to see how we can improve this feature in the future. Thanks and congrats again! -Russ

Great Experience.

Selling my car on the Car Sales website was very easy. The website is very user friendly and made the experience of selling a car privately so much easier than doing it through a car dealer.

Great!

Worked really well, easy top set up, good communication, and based on the response i had its well used by buyers

One thing that did not work was the receipt feature - could not modify the numbers effectively so could not use to generate receipt

Hey Chris, congratulations on the sale! And thanks for letting us know about the receipt function. I'll raise this with the team to check. -Russ

Scammers galore!

To be frank, the only offers I got through carsales.com.au were scammers! They’re ridiculous those people and loads of em. My car actually sold through a free ad in gumtree. In fact all my legitimate inquiries came from gumtree.

Hey Paul, that's certainly not what we like to hear! When it comes to scams, if they get in touch with you via our messaging system we strongly encourage you to report the conversation using the Report button in the message. This sends the conversation to our Trust & Safety team to review. We're always keeping an eye on what scams are in market so the team are also available to help you figure out whether someone is a legitimate buyer or a scammer. While you didn't find your buyer through us, congrats on the sale - Russ

Hi, I would like to promote my vehicle for sale through your website. Could you please advise if it is possible to promote/ advertise the vehicle and then temporarily "block "the advertisement and then re-invoke the advertisement four weeks later. My situation is as follows. 1. Advertise vehicle Now 2. Block the advertisement 24 September( amusing it isn't Sold prior - 24 September and re-instate the advertisement 24 October ) (Wife and I will be overseas visiting family during the period referenced above). Thanks Ron
Hi Ron, Thanks for the question. Yes you can certainly do this. We refer to this as “pausing” an ad, and you can do this via your account anytime, as many times as you need to. Once you do this your ad won't be visible on the site until you re-activate it. I’d agree this would be the best thing to do if you’ve not sold by 24th September, as it will stop any enquiries coming through to you that you may not be able to answer and once you return you can re-activate the ad. Hope this helps Ron! If you have any more questions feel free to reach out to our customer care team on 13 72 53 for the quickest support. Cheers Ron!Thanks - appreciated Regards Ron

How long can I have my car for sale on Carsales.com.au
Hi Christine - Thanks for the question! When you post an advert on carsales it will be visible on the site until your car has sold and you choose to expire it, this could be a couple of days or months, there isn't a time limit. We only ask that you regularly check the site for messages, if we don't see you for awhile then we'll pause your ad. We'll give you plenty of warning if we do this though and there's not a charge to reactivate. We do this to make sure all the adverts are active and current. Hope this makes sense Christine! Feel free to reach out to our customer care team if you have anymore questions, you can contact them on 13 72 53. Cheers, RussThank you

What could I expect to get for a white 2009 Ssangyong Actyon Sports Dual Cab! PLEASE?
I have no ideaHi Ashtan, Thanks for the question! As a starting point, I’d recommend checking out our valuation tool that your able to access here, https://www.carsales.com.au/car-valuations/ There’s a few missing details so I can’t do the valuation for you, but you should be able to get a good indication by visiting the page linked above. I’d also suggest checking out the site to see what similar models are currently selling for. If you need further help feel free to give our customer care team a call, you can reach them on 13 72 53. Cheers, Russ