4.5 from 10,522 reviews

RajPerth, WA

Just a waste of Time

I advertised the car on car sales for 2 weeks with no queries. I then paid to have it as a premier ad again with no queries. The dealer used cars come first. Lastly I advertised on Gumtree and Marketplace. Sold the car within 48 hrs. I am under the impression that they only want us to advertise to make up the numbers

Raj

As a private seller I got zero queries from your site. If private sellers are important and this is the service they can get. Then your website is just a waste of time

sirous

sirousSydney, NSW

Selling a car on this site has become a joke

I have to say the greed and the ad management by carsales also ripping the car dealers by charging the car dealers by over $50 per lead has made it very hard to manage and there worst part is he instant offer crap they are trying to destroy the automotive market also they are linked to redbookand the do false reports on cars

Loyal to good businesses

Loyal to good businessesUnincorporated, VIC

When they say "it's green is it clean?"

I searched in the 100,000 or so cars in car sales ads and found plenty of diesel vehicles and also 3.4 ltd six cylinder cars. With the high particulate matter being put out by diesels one can't call them "green". Nor can a six cylinder car be called green. A doctor friend of mine moved from living near the eastern freeway in kew because of asthma in her daughters. Recent catastrophic bushfires closed down Canberra public service for 2 days. Sydney and Melbourne also recorded world's highest days of airborne particles. This underlines the need for car sales websites to be scrupulous in their environment "green" listings. Especially for children with asthma!

Find out how Carsales.com.au compares to other Online Vehicle Sales Sites

So quick and easy - and free!

Sold the car on the same day I placed the ad - it doesn't get any better than that. And it was really quick and easy to set the ad up.

Wow! Love that quick turn around - congrats on the sale! -Kate

Michael

MichaelPerth, WA

Very easy

The process was very simple. Great tools to work out vehicle values. With instant results. Thank you Car Sales. I have also used this site to purchase our new vehicle.

Great to hear Michael! Thanks for the support -Kate

Andrew Satts

Andrew SattsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Great experience

It was very easy to post the advert and add photos. Had a lot of hits and quality contacts, and knowing that the car was being looked at was encouraging. Sold the car to a person from Tasmania and had people still chasing the car, even after being advised that a deposit had been paid. I could have sold it 3 or more times. Just a little bit dear for some people to place an advert though. And Carsales added a video for me, which was appreciated.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Thanks for the positive review Andrew! We'll take your feedback on board. Congratulations on the sale! -Kate

SOLD Easily

Sold my car in 2 weeks with minimal effort. Very happy with the ease of use. Ordered a 'For sale" sing twice which never came which is my only gripe but in the end did not matter as the sale came from the website anyway. Very happy.

Dave

DaveSouth Australia

As a dealer you guys are a ripoff

For what you charge dealers per lead is just unacceptable car over $9000 is charged at the same rate as a $90000 car at $60 per lead, half your leads are fake, where people don’t answer your calls emails SMS’s you can’t get a credit unless you fight tooth and nail, your customer service is nonexistent maybe your 165 million dollar profit ( after tax ) has gone to your head.

Reading other post on here you say that there is different packages for dealers that’s not correct you have 2 that I know of, I am going to be investing more in gumtree and autotrader, you list for new car dealers their name and address to help them sell cars where is your help for the little man we can’t have our name in any photo comments etc is this fair trading ??

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Dave, we'd like to take your feedback on board and try to find a solution for you. I'll send you a private message to get a few more details from you so we can look into your account and get in touch. -Kate

Brett W

Brett WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Car Sold!

Very happy with the ease of preparing and posting the ad........
I liked the ability to edit the ad easily whilst it was being run.
The notifications Carsales provides throughout the selling process are very helpful.

Arthur H.

Arthur H.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Used to be better

Carsales has become mor focused in making money off it's sellers than helping them sell. Priority should be helping the customer and making money of their success, in my personal opinion.

Fab

FabSydney, NSW

Sold!

Highly recommended site as we sold out Mazda three hours after posting add, can't complain about that. Making add was easy and also had a free option which we did.

Paul  Kate O.

Paul Kate O.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Easy Easy Easy

I liked the facilities such as price estimator that you provide. The experience was easy and the method of contact worked etc. It took longer than we expected but to be honest I am thinking we just aren't' patient. I only put it on your website which meant I didn't get confused as to what adds everyone was calling from though this may have reduced our chances of selling. When looking for cars myself, however, I only use your website so made the assumption it was the same. Thanks for the help.

PACC

PACCCanberra 2600, ACT

An painless way to sell a car!

All very easy to manage inquiries and follow up potential buyers.
One snag: the sales receipt didn't print the information that I had entered - it failed to accept the agreed price and amount received.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey PACC, interesting feedback. I'll check on the receipt function with the team. Thanks for the positive review! -Kate

Judy

JudyNortheast, VIC

Lots of genuine inquiries

I had a great experience selling with carsales. Lots of genuine enquiries. Could only recommend that the location of the vehicle was more obvious on the web page, as some time was wasted in this being repeated. Managing the add was easy too.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Thanks for the positive review and feedback Judy! We'll take this on board. -Kate

Jak

JakDarwin, NT

Professional car sales ads

The ad was great. The video ad even better! Very pleased with rapid sale and believe the it was the reputation of car sales and your professional level ad suggestions & designs that attracted genuine interest and therefore the quick sale of my car

Thanks for the positive review, Jak! Congrats on the sale :) -Kate

Rob P

Rob P

Dont waste your money

Very difficult to place ad.
My ad went on WITHOUT a description of my car which i spent ages writing in.
I paid for the premium ad at $145 and my ad was near the bottom.
I only sold my car by sheer luck.

Leigh R.

Leigh R.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

A quick and easy way to sell my car. Selling in just 2 days.

Sold my Daughters car in just 2 days! Easy to put up online with a simple step by step process. The tools to help manage the add are very good showing where you are in the market vs other similar cars.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Great to hear Leigh! Congratulations on the sale :)

Very quick & easy way to sell my car!

Very quick & easy way to sell my car! Quick & easy to put my car information & pictures online. Quick & easy to find a serious buyer. Quick & easy to know the information regarding my car was correct to ensure the buyer gets what they think they're getting. Quick & easy process all 'round!

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Amazing to hear Johnzo! Thanks so much for the positive review and congrats on the sale :) -Kate

Paul W.

Paul W.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Got there eventually

A lot of tyre kickers and time wasters, I would love a feature which would highlight what effort one goes to, to prepare for a an inspection only to find they don't turn up or treat the viewing with little to no respect.

Colin of Boronia

Colin of BoroniaGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great result through Carsales

The process of placing the ad with Carsales was very easy with plenty of online assistance to help me. I started receiving responses within a very short time and sold it to a person who contacted me via Carsales. Very happy with the whole experience.

Donna C.

Donna C.asked

If I pause my add what happens to the people who have saved my add, can they still get in touch with me

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Donna, when your ad is saved it appears as "unavailable" to those that saved it. They can't get in touch unless they've already contacted you via the enquiry form or phone.

Hopefully that helps but if you do still have any questions, our customer service team are available for a chat on 13 72 53 if you need :) -Kate

Col P.

Col P.asked

If I reduce the price on my add are just those watching it notified?

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Col, sorry for the delay on this! Yes, if you drop or increase your price those watching will get notified however we do have a price threshold in place to stop watchers from being bombarded by notifications. For more information, feel free to give us a call on 13 72 53 :) -Kate

Rossasked

Using Privacy Protect - how do I know a phone call to my phone is from the CarSales advert temporary number?

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Ross, at a glance you won't be able to tell where the call is from. But when you pick up the call, you'll hear an automated message that the call is from carsales. We're always looking for ways to improve experiences with our features and products so I'll be sure to pass this feedback on to the team :) -Kate

Ross

Thanks Kate. Given the amount of spam calls these days, it would be good to have something that identifies the carsales call before actually answering the call. Regards, Ross

Get an answer from our members and Carsales.com.au representatives