Carsales.com.au

Carsales.com.au

4.6 from 10,359 reviews

not a good site for adverting your car

Site app stalls, photos slow to load, and now when you refine your search it does not refresh - always have issues with this site on iPad and iPhone - i have deleted the app again but it is stalls; its not worth the hassle. Car Sales should refund car sellers their listing fees when their site fails (which is is really often) until they get it fixed.

simple site to use

i felt like to website was very easy to use and I sold the car within two weeks. The whole process felt safe to use and I only gave out phone numbers to people that contacted me.

An excellent sales platform that works.

The ad attracted some excellent leads. The site is well known and ads are easy to manage and get results. I had some fun with some scammers who claimed to be workers in oil and gas because I actually work as a construction worker in oil and gas offshore. Others offered diamonds and the list goes on, but in the end the vehicle sold.

Good experience

I think Carsales has a good exposure to many. Had a good number queries within few days. I sold it within couple of days. The ad creation was very helpful too

Good Car Sales Website, Good Results and easy to manage.

Good exposure to potential buyers, I received numerous enquiries. I didn't need to use any other service, fortunately, as a buyer was found within about two weeks. The messaging system was extremely convenient for tracking conversations with potential buyers. You still need to sort through the very low, flipping type of offers, but there was genuine interest generated and an eventual buyer at a good price.

Successfully sold

Received good number of genuine inquiries unlike alternative site. Good result with a good genuine buyer.
Happy to use this site again in future. No so sure about an alternative site which provided 3 obviously attempted scam replies.

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

COULDN'T BE HAPPIER...
Had some technical issues with editing an advert.
Called and spoke to Francine, who was a customer service queen!!!
No only was Francine extremely helpful, but she was more than happy to edit the ad over the phone for me. Nothing was a problems and within a matter of minutes everything was updated. :)

Excellent site to use to sell car

The add was easy to set up and got interest in the vehicle very quickly and the service that Car sales gave me in relation to the add was excellent. I wouldn't use anyone else if I was to sell again.

useless customer service, useless accountants and lying account ,anagers

a year of chasing to pay outstanding bills.
told repeatedly in writting and verbally accounts where up to date
after a year and a half said i do infact owe
deleted my account after 12 years coz couldnt pay amount the next day.
when enquired about accountability got an apology and admission mistake is theirs but if not paid full amount cancel account.

Hi Iptes - Thanks for leaving a review. It sounds like you are a dealership advertising on carsales? It doesn't sound like you've had the best communication with us here. I'd like to look into what's happened to your account and get back to you with more details. I've sent you through a personal message to ask for your dealership details. If you'd be able to respond I'll get back as soon as possible. Thanks. Russ

Great place to sell your vehicle

It took a while to sell my BMW M3 but it's not easy to sell these. Carsales put me with the right buyer eventually and every thing has been very smooth. Thank you team for your great work!

Thanks for the support JoH! Great to hear the sale went smoothly in the end ;)

Fantastic! Easy way to advertise and sell.

Very easy to place add and photos, update add and refresh photos. Regular feedback on add performance was great, and very easy to communicate with those leaving enquiries. Overall, a great cost-effective site. I highly recommend Car sales.com.au

Thanks Peter! Some great advice there to potential sellers, the more photos the better! Thanks for the support :)

Carsales is great!

Carsales site is a convenient way to advertise and list all a vehicle's details, plus it's free if the price is less than $5000. Enquiries started coming in within a couple of hours of the add going up, in fact the first person to respond ended up buying the car.

Thanks Ray - Congratulations on your quick sale :)

The only place to sell your vehicle

I advertised my Mercedes Benz in 3 other places. Carsales was the only site I received genuine enquiries and offers. The car was for sale for nearly 2 months and I almost gave up. I deleted all other Ads and kept the Carsales Ad and it was well worth it.

Sold within 24 hours!

I was amazed by the speed of response, selling my car within 24 hours of posting the ad. I received my first response within an hour of posting and a following four responses. This well exceeded my expectations.

In the end I was satisfied with the price and impressed by the Carsales exposure and experience.
Too easy!
Thanks Carsales.

Thanks Chris - Great to hear we exceeded your expectations :) Hopefully we can help you out again in the future!

Excellent way to sell the car

Excellent website all round. The layout they produce to showpiece the car helps massively, and the follow up help to get the money transferred was a slower but very safe method.

Thanks for the support Steve!

So easy.

Ad written for you. First responder bought it. Very easy. Would buy and sell again using Carsales.

Would highly recommend.

Extra words to fill out review written here. Sorry x

Thanks Schlager! Great to hear that you had a smooth sale :)

SOLD IN LESS THAN 24 HOURS

I put the add in on Thursday midnight for $10.999 and the car was sold for $10,500 with the deposit paid to the first buyer in less than 24 hours. The balance of $10,000 was paid directly to my bank account 2 days later.

Thanks for sharing your experience Wayne! Great to hear you had such a quick sale :)

Excellent place to sell your car

Everything is so well done at Car Sales. It is the best place to correctly and quickly sell your car. I will be using it to buy my next one also

Thanks Henry! Great feedback - We look forward to helping you again in the future :)

Quick sale of our VW

Selling was fairly easy once we got the sell figure in the ball park or market target. CarSales site was easy to use and their tips and hints for sellers and buyers came in handy.

Thanks Elton!

Sold 2006 Toyota Hilux SR5 Utility

I have used carsales.com in 2016 to sell my Toyota Landcruiser and it too sold within a short time. I find the experience thorough and easy to navigate. Any questions, the team is there to answer. This is the first time I have used payprotect. Takes the hassle out of collecting a deposit and having to go to the bank to deposit a bank cheque. A win win for both seller and buyer. Ben was a pleasure to deal with and was ontime to collect the car. Have convinced my father to sell his Volvo XC60. He will list in the next few weeks. Thankyou Carsales

What is the meaning of hold and sold
Hi Shijo, I dont understand your question. Sorry.Hi Shijo - Thanks for the question! To be sure i'm giving you the correct answer I would need a little more context! Generally speaking however, an ad would be on "Hold" when it is paused by a seller. Sellers pause listings for a variety of reasons, they could be unable to respond for a few days, or they might be unable to respond to enquiries for awhile. However if a car is sold, then the seller no longer has possession and the car will be removed permanently. I hope this helps? If this doesn't answer your question then I'd recommend reaching out to our customer care team on 13 72 53. Thanks. Russ

I want to integrate carsales API into my website for the listing purpose.Please guide if you guys are providing APIs for it?
Hi Sapna! Thanks for the question - I would recommend reaching out to our technical support team on 1300 728 800 and they'll be able to assist you further with this one! We do offer a variety of services but our technical support team would be best to discuss what would best suit your needs. Thanks! Russ

how do I reduce my advertised price ?
Hey Chris! To change the price on your ad, log in to carsales and go to 'Manage Ad' (on desktop, it'll be in the top right corner or in the drop down menu. On app, it's part of the menu on the left hand side). Select the ad you'd like to edit > click 'Edit Ad' > Change price in the details and click Save. Your price change should appear on your ad shortly - price changes do go through a quick check and sometimes need manual approval by our customer service team. The team can also help you over the phone - you can give them a call on 13 72 53 :) Good luck with the sale! -Kate

Similar listings