4.5 from 10,477 reviews

7,001
2,661

This app is getting worse by day but still has the good side

Having an interest in cars, I use this app to browse rather than buying a car. The app was great at the start and saving cars wasnt an issue. Now tho, Ill save a car and then have a look at my saved cars list were only around half of my saved cars will actually appear. Cant complain too much as Ive gotten fuel discounts from the app. Customer service is great and I can still view the cars I want, they just wont appear in the saved cars list. All in all, its pretty good

Oscar R.

Oscar R.Perth, WA

Carsales exploiting car dealers in australia

NatashaPerth, WA

Easy to use website, hilarious free car ad.

Good exposure, good customer service and easy enough to do (also I loved the hilarious movie free ad!). The instant carfacts option is also helpful. I did however get spammed twice by fairly convincing scammers immediately and I believe I shouldn't have to pay extra for a security service when I'm already paying a significant fee to advertise the car on a secure website. Website security from scammers should already be included in the fees.

Natasha

I wasn't expecting a reply so quickly! Thanks so much for explaining the costs. Again, great example of the good customer service. Very happy with the website.

Mohammed N.

Mohammed N.Victoria

Carsales is not good for low cost vehicles. Please do not waste your money

I have similar experience in two occasions of selling cars through this website. Both of my vehicles were of low cost but it didnt get sold both times through this website. I waste my money and time. Carsales should return half of the amount of the ad if the Car is not sold. This is not fair

Quick seller

Quick sellerSydney, NSW

High exposure and quick sale

I find Carsale.com a very effective way to advertise the vehicle.
Had plenty of inquires and sold in a week.
In fact so many inquiries that it became hard to manage.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Quick seller, too many enquiries is certainly an interesting problem to have! I have taken on your feedback about enquiry management though. Congratulations on the sale!

David

DavidSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy for me

easy to post an ad and photos the car sold quicky at a fair price some low ball offer via SMS however I would always expect that happy to use again

Rashid S.Sydney, NSW

The Worst service, they are going down sooner than later

This guys they put there sellers at risk by exposing there details and also is the worst site for Dealers to advertise they charge like a wounded bull staring from $50 per inquiry.

Also they have no common seance about reality and all they do is they give them self a pat in the back and a pay rise for doing nothing at all

December 9th 2019 Update: carsales is the biggest scam for dealers

This is the biggest bunch of crooks where they are out to harm the motor industry in every way they can by charging for leads and putting there dealers at risk by exposing to them to danger

Rashid S.

Soon enough someone is gonna come up with a better marketing for real sellers and real buyers

Dean

Dean

Wasn't worth the cost of the listing

We received zero worthwhile enquiries from the Carsales.com.au listing despite realistic pricing. Much more response from utilising free sites like Gumtree and Facebook using the same price, photos and description. All forms of the listing were paused or deleted the same amount of times when we were not going to be around for a period of time. When you consider it costs a not insignificant amount just for a basic listing on Carsales.com.au it's hard to imagine we would use it again when there are free alternatives that give better outcomes.

Jane

JaneSouth East Queensland, QLD

This site is a front for collecting personal data for marketing purposes. Won't answer queries

stevenSouth East Queensland, QLD

Suburb listing

I do not understand what is so hard about listing the suburb, it is waste of everybodys time if you cannot list the suburb. Had a look at a car at a dealer the other day and the price listed on car sales was different to what was presented at the dealership. Very disappointed in using car sales.

Arthur JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

CarSales Hidden Charges

Sent some enquiries to dealers selling the type of car I wanted as I wanted to trade in my current one.
Was shocked to learn that each dealer I contacted was charged $45 for my enquiry.
Because CarSales doesnt list the exact suburb where the car is or tell you who the dealer is some of my enquiries were a waste of my time and their money.
CarSales enquiries to private sellers are free plus the private ads list the sellers name and location.
Im not a fan of car dealers but this sounds like a rip off to me.
I did end up with a car from a dealer - that I found on Gumtree...

Lisa

LisaDarling Downs, QLD

Rip off fees & no help with selling

Firstly I put my photos up & Carsales put blurring over the whole front of my car (not just the plate) then they did nothing to help me sell it. They add great price tags on other cars in the same category as mine, that are more expensive than mine, with more kms than mine yet I dont get a tag on my add which is actually the best value in its category & $1000-$4000 cheaper than the competition. I cant see the value for my $68 I spent on this add.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Carsales gave me lots of low ball offers of sales people

Seller

SellerSydney, NSW

Not as good as it once found it.

I received no real enquiries other than online scammers and predatory auction yards despite sensible and realistic pricing. My previous experience selling on this platform several years ago was good. However, my thoughts now are that they may have lost their market share of the buyers to other free online selling platforms such as gumtree. I complained to their customer service and was told that I needed to spend additional funds to upgrade my listing as this was my only avenue to rectify the poor response to my ad. That is not helpful.

Sold real quick!

Great result with the ute selling the next day after advertising.
Its been a few years since I last sold a car on Carsales and the site has definitely improved with various options on presentations and layout.
Cheers

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Thanks for the review Dean - Congratulations on your quick sale, this is what we love to hear! :)

Ian F.

Ian F.South East Queensland, QLD

Sold my car through carsales.com.au

Listed my car on carsales.com.au, carsguide.com.au & Autotrader and Gumtree, but got all replies through carsales.com.au and none though the others. Used their messaging service exclusively and sold my car sucessfully after inspection . Was contacted by several dealer companies but they were only offering peanuts.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Thanks for the review Ian! Congratulations on your sale :)

Sale of Toyota Hilux 2002 Dual cab

My first use of Car sales, and it was successful. Also, the experience was great, I will be happy to use in the future. I will recommend to all my friends.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Thanks for the great review Max!

Gavin Best

Gavin BestGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Successfully sold

At the start I had no real view as to what the vehicle should be priced at. My initial price was too high, and Carsales feedback resulted in an immediate price adjustment.. With very few early responses I progressively revised the price until I got a lot of interest. Then success. Thank you.

Terrific Site To Use

Carsales.com.au is a terrific site for selling motor vehicles. This is the second vehicle I have sold on here in the last 12 months and the customer service from the carsales team is fantastic.
I would highly recommend to my family and friends to sell their cars on this site.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Thanks for the feedback Ron!

2013 Suzuki Alto

We sold our Suzuki Alto via carssales.com,au It's an awesome platform for genuine car owners to sell or buy their cars. The service fee is completely justified. It is exiciting to experience and be in times such digital boom!!!

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Thanks for the review Shailesh - Congratulations on your sale!

Alison Kim Northcote

Alison Kim Northcoteasked

where do find a list of fees for me to sell my car, please

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Alison, thanks for the question! You can find out selling fees here: https://www.carsales.com.au/sell-my-car . In the "I'll make an ad" box, click "Let's get started". Our prices depend on how much you plan on selling your car for.

If you're not sure how much your car is worth, I recommend heading to our valuation tool to see what we suggest: https://www.carsales.com.au/car-valuations/

-Kate

Lee-anne P.

Lee-anne P.asked

Looking at a second hand Toyota Prado. Which year or model has held up over time?

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hey Lee-ann, great question and not one we can answer off the top of our heads, but we do have a few news, reviews and advice articles about the Toyota Prado on our Editorial page here: https://www.carsales.com.au/editorial/results/?q=%28And.Keywords.keyword%28Prado%29._.Make.Toyota._.Category.4x4%20Offroad%20Cars.%29

Arthur Jasked

Why dont you tell people that are sending enquiries to a dealer that the dealer is being charged $45
( on top of the other fees you charge them ) for their enquiry ?
Your site doesnt show what suburb the dealer is in so some enquiries I made were for cars too far away which was a waste of my time and their money !!!!

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Arthur, thanks for your question - we understand that there's no one size fits all for dealers so we have a range of plan options for them to choose from depending on their needs. I'll also note that there is the option to search for sellers within a certain distance from your postcode - you can find this under Location. Thanks.

Arthur J

Thanks for the prompt response and the info re narrowing down a dealers location . This certainly would prevent enquiries to dealers who are too far away.
However you didnt answer as to why the dealers identity is hidden - if I knew who they were I could check whether they were reputable or not.
I found that the Gumtree site had all the dealers details and a contact phone number saving all the guesswork.

carsalesCarsales.com.au

Hi Arthur, we hide the location of the dealer because we use blind advertising as part of our leads-based model for dealers. We believe this helps to make the conversation to be about the specific car and creates a better experience for buyers not being bombarded by dealership branding. By having the dealer pay for the enquiry, we also see dealers are more likely to reply and value your enquiry. Through that dialogue, you're able to ensure the car you're interested in is in stock and ready to inspect at a time that suits you as opposed to if you were to visit a dealership for a specific car without enquiring first. I will note that if you have had a poor dealer experience, we would like the opportunity to follow up on that. I'll send you a private message just in case.

Get an answer from our members and Carsales.com.au representatives