Kath

KathSydney, NSW

Carsales is very easy to use and also very cheap.

Loved the pause add feature, work very well when you have solid interest in your vehicle.

TigerSydney, NSW

Great Site Easy to use

I found it very easy and simple to use the site.
It gives a very good exposure to so many people looking for cars.
And finding all the details like vin chasis number, rego number, photographs etc gives very transparent transactions. It would be good idea if it could also give the rating of the dealers on the face so that purchaser could make out who are the genuine and honest dealers

Tiger

Thanks very much. I think it is going to be very useful for all purchasers and also sellers.

Barry

BarrySouth-Eastern Region, NSW

Rapid and overwhelming response.

Easy to complete and launch an ad and the response was amazing
Found the response to be genuine and follow through with conversations. I could attend to the questions at any time day or night which I found very helpful.
Sold very quickly and no messing around. A great way to sell a vehicle.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

That's great Barry, easy with an amazing response is what we like to hear! Thanks for the 5-star review. -Alex

Pip

PipSydney, NSW

Another easy sale

As always, selling via car salescom.au was easy and uncomplicated, with many buyers contacting us after reading the description and viewing the photos.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Pip, That's great to hear! We'll see you for another uncomplicated sale next time. -Alex

Nicola Radle

Nicola RadleGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Easy car sales

Website was easy to navigate. Spoke to 1/2 dozen legitimate buyers. No time wasters. Sold within a week of advertising.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Nicola, No time wasters and selling within a week sounds great. Thanks for the positive review. -Alex

It was a great experience.

Easy format to advertise on,
Sold the car quickly,
All the inquiries were genuinely interested and making offers,
Love the quirky video adds, the actor is brilliant.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Helen, It's great to hear you found advertising easy and genuine buyers. Thanks for the feedback about the videos too, they're quite funny! -Alex

Alice Naulty

Alice NaultySydney, NSW

absolutely great

because there was no hassle put ad in had a few enquiries and sold for the best price very happy thank you very much

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Alice, Congrats on selling at the price you were after. We'll see you next time. -Alex

hobz

hobzSouth East Queensland, QLD

Easy to manage offers

Good result achieved, well worth upgrading to premium ad to get higher exposure - the old adage 'it pays to advertise' is especially true selling a vehicle to get as much market exposure as poss

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Hobz, Congrats on your sale and thanks for the positive feedback. We'll see you next time! -Alex

I always sell my cars here. The only way to go.

This is the only way to sell a car however I have not tried other platforms. Why should I???? I always achive results on this Carsales.com. Such a good sales platform

Hi Charles, Thanks for your positive feedback. We'll see you next time. -Alex

Peter

PeterSouth East Queensland, QLD

A ggod result

Carsales has allowed me to efficiently sell 2 of my sons cars this year. The whole process was quite straightforward and the advertisements created a lot of interest.in a relatively short time.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Peter, It's great to hear that you've efficiently sold two cars this year through carsales. Thanks for your 5-star review and we'll see you next time. -Alex

Joe Vicmix

Joe VicmixGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best way to sell my car!

The on-line Selling process is extremely well thought out and logical. My experience was stress free and easy - with the right information and support provided at exactly the right time. The advert is virtually written with accurate vehicle specification automatically provided. The vehicle sales price statistics are well presented and indispensable to both Seller & Buyer. The ability to maintain anonymity in the early stages of receiving inquiries is great for weeding out the "riff raff" whilst still allowing real buyers to get in contact. Well done to the people that design, build and maintain carsalesnetwork.com.au. Definitely the best way to sell my car.

Excellent sales platform

Ive used it to sell a number of cars and boats its easy to use, well priced and always gets results. Also very easy to search cars similar to the one i am selling, to allow me to see what is happening in the market.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Michael, congrats on the latest sale and it's great to hear that you've found carsales and boatsales an easy, well prices place to sell. We'll see you next time. -Alex

Alister B

Alister BGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Still the best place to list a car for sale

It's the primary place to list a car for sale and guarantees broad exposure which is ultimately what gets a car sold. Compared to other online classified methods, it ensures a minimum standard of car specific info is provided (year, model year, build/compliance dates, KMs, options etc) which makes comparisons easier. There is also seller tools available to assist with setting market competitive pricing.

Two main negatives were:
* CarFacts report drops off after a certain amount of time - I don't think this was clear when I initially listed
* Prank calls and SMS spam from my mobile number being visible (I obviously could have paid extra for this to not be shown however)

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Alister, Thanks for your detailed feedback. The tools to help value cars are one of our most sort after. I've made some enquiries about the CarFacts dropping of after 60 days to see what we can do here. We'll see you next time! -Alex

Nigel Ray

Nigel RaySouth East Queensland, QLD

This was a perfect sale

It was a good price & sold very quickly , which I
did not expect , the response was very good . I think the price was a bit too cheap , but we were happy with the sale .

Mac

MacGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Convenient and slick

The platform enable me to present the vehicle the way I visualized. I received several direct phone calls and texts shortly after posting the advert and the following days, as well as the platform emails. Sold within 24 hrs.

Daniel E.

Daniel E.Sydney, NSW

Car sold in 8 minutes

I was looking to trade-in my car to a dealer when purchasing a new vehicle however was offered 25% less than what my vehicle was selling for on the private market.

I listed the vehicle on car sales and within 8 minutes, received an "instant offer" (pending inspection) to sell that was very fair (within 5% of what the vehicle is selling for on the private market).

I dropped the car off for inspection on the same day and was provided a written confirmation offer, returning the car at the end of the week to finalise the deal. Throughout this time I had 5 interested private parties and although I likely could have got $1-2k more, it wasn't worth the hassle of waiting, coordinating, going for test drives and the likelihood of haggling.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hey Daniel, Wow, 8 minutes is super quick! Thanks for the positive feedback about Instant Offer. It's great to hear that you felt the price was fair and saved you having to organise test-drives and haggling. We'll see you next time. -Alex

J FernSouth East Queensland, QLD

Waste of Money

This is the second time we have used carsales to sell a vehicle - and both times we have had zero success in selling as a result of the ads. Much better success selling on another platform for free. And I think it rather slack of a company to promise something and then not deliver - why even mention that you will send out a ‘buy my car’ sticker and special offer if you have no intention of doing so? The sticker is an outdated method of advertising anyway - but I thought it would be interesting to see if anything turned up in the post. And I am not surprised it didn’t - disappointed, but not surprised. So that’s a waste of my $68. Try selling for free on another platform first and save your hard earned money.

Sold for my price.

My car sold for what I wanted. It took a while due to pricing, but after price change I got my price within a week. Advice to any seller is to set your price by the market and not by what caryards are selling them for.

Amir H.

Amir H.Sydney, NSW

Great Car Website

It's best for selling and buying a car.
I sold my car quickly on the website. It gives you some estimate of the car value, prefills all the features of the car (the one that even the owner don't know) which makes it a lot easier for the potential buyers.

They produce car facts report and commercial ad for the car.
if you are concerned about your car security you don't have to share your number. you can message others on the app or website message section

Vic

VicSydney, NSW

Great site.

Fantastic website easy to use and a good selection of options. Second time I sell a car first go, with Carsales. Thank you.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Vic, Congrats on the sale and thanks for the 5-star review. We'll see you next time! Alex

Rashmi

Rashmiasked

Are these cars validated and certified? Do they provide you with warranty of any sorts for some time? As a buyer can I trust the quality of the car?

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Rashmi, We provide a platform for sale connecting buyers and sellers, but do not own the cars. The cars are owned by dealers and private individuals. You can filter these sellers by going to Other > Seller Type.
Typically, a dealer would be more likely to offer a warranty and/or certification of a cars condition before sale. If you are looking to buy a car privately, you may like to have a look at our service RedBook Inspect. This service can send a qualified mobile mechanic to inspect the car, before you make an offer. https://www.redbookinspect.com.au/prepurchase/car.
We have a filter option for cars that have been certified/inspected as well look for 'certified/inspect'. -Alex

tony

tonyasked

Looking for a vw Beatles around 72 or 73 modle in good working condition .How much ?? Please.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Tony, We currently have 4 Beetles from 1970 (not 72 or 73) advertised on site. They seem to range from $15,000 to $28,000. They are located in SA, Vic, and NSW. If they're not quite what you're looking for, you might like to use the 'save search' button near the top left corner of the page to get alerts when we have more advertised. Good luck! Follow this link to see the cars - https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/1970/volkswagen/beetle/ -Alex

Jake T.

Jake T.asked

Can I get in contact with someone who’s car is on hold

Jeremy C.
Jeremy C.

The Carsales people should be able to answer this.Only the client who is selling the car would know if they put a car on hold the team should be able to see that in their system i would have thought.

carsales c.Carsales.com.au

Hi Jake, The ad may have been put on hold for several reasons. Our customer service staff *might* be able to tell you a bit more, you're welcome to give them a call on the details below. If the car comes off hold and you have it saved, you will get notified. 13 72 53 (13 SALE); Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 5:30pm AEST; Sat - Sun: 9am - 1pm and 2:30pm - 5:30pm AEST -Alex

Get an answer from our members and Carsales.com.au representatives