Avis

HOBART AIRPORT OVERCHARGED AND NO RESOLUTION AFTER 8 WEEKS ,

Financially worse off

Financially worse offDarwin, NT

Not Happy with Mandatory Insurance Charge and an Extra $300.00

I have a policy with an insurance company that covers the rental car. I am told I have to pay the LDW Charge and it is mandatory. This is a rip off when I already have a policy with an insurer. The agent on chat said it is mandatory and terminated the chat before I could ask if I could email the policy I had. Luis was the Chat person. I was not aggressive but did say it was a Rip Off.
I checked the price of higher 3 weeks ago and it is now $300 a week more. I should have booked it back then. But I resent paying for Insurance when I already have cover and can email a copy of this.

Katherine

KatherineSydney, NSW

AVIS North Parramatta and AVIS Budget Lost Property

Vehicle TypeKia Cerato

Julian Ludowici

Julian LudowiciSydney

Overcharged and no resolution

Quoted $864 for 4 day rental. Charged $925 on return of vehicle then charged an extra $1234 a week later. Call centre in Philippines can’t resolve. Now consumer affairs! Use another company

CT1000

CT1000Sydney, NSW

Wasted 3 hours of my time at the airport

The person I was dealing with onsite was friendly enough, but does need more training in manual transactions. My card declined due to the third party payment system taking cash advancement payments instead of a 'hold' payment. I was on the phone to the bank for ages only to find out that the issue is with Avis. My card worked everywhere else. After having to taxi to and appointment and then coming back to the airport asking if there is another way to put the payment through, the customer service person said she could try manually. This should've been an option 3 hours ago when I first arrived at the desk and my card did not go through. Don't try calling their helpdesk either... terrible!

Graham

GrahamSydney, NSW

AVIS Noosa

Found Karen at AVIS Noosa to be outstanding to deal with. Sorted cars with ease and had a great demeanor. Have always found AVIS to be reliable, but Karen had such great customer service that I wanted to comment.

Saurav A.

Saurav A.Sydney, NSW

scammers

Rockhampton AVID

Worst company ever. They stole my card details by breaking the law. They wrote CC details including expiry date and sensitive ccv. They REFUSED to charge me on the spot, after I left they caused drama and charged $1340 on one card, and the $700 refund they held on another card has not showed up yet.
Absolute scam bags of the earth. Don’t go there. Avis customer service send me enail from fake address and Rockhampton manager Danny has tandrums. They referred me to Kane in Brisbane who is also useless in refunding or solving issue so I am taking it to PCI compliance people to stop this theft

Kamal

KamalSouth West, QLD

Scam

Booked online and agreed on $500 and was charged $1000+ with add on insurance..
I picked up the car on Thursday afternoon and returned on Tuesday morning.. it’s very over priced.

Mit

Mit Victoria

this is terrible

Agreed for a better price,but later told not found in records and got charged with higher price.
Absolutely terrible customer service they have no idea wat they are talking
Never again wil book with them.

Avis Longreach

Great service from Avis in Longreach until I was overcharged on vehicle return. Customer service was terrible in failing to resolve the matter. I’d use an alternate company in future.

Tonya

TonyaWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

There's no option to rate lower than one star- Worst experience ever- RUN RUN away!!

Money grabbing liars

Lisa H.

Lisa H.Sydney, NSW

Avis car rentals Campbelltown

MICK ODEEAdelaide

Disgraceful Service

Avis took $450.01 out of my account to hire a car for 1 day on the 15/1/21. They said $200 of this was a bond and that it would be refunded after 4-5 days. 5 days later they took a further $256.45 out of my account for a total of $706.46. I rang them today to ask why and they told me the initial $405.01 will be credited back to me within 10 days and it is currently "Pending" and will be released by my bank. My bank balance is therefore currently $706.46 in the red. This company take money out of my account as they please, then tell me it is now my banks concern to release it back to my account. Don't trust this company!!!!

MICK ODEE

I have just rung my bank and
they stated I need to ask Avis to provide them with a release funds form. I have been on the phone waiting on hold now for over 20 mins to speak with someone. Their "service" is disgraceful!

Jack

JackSouth East Queensland, QLD

Incompetent

Arrived in Cairns on Monday 11th of January 2021. There was a cast of thousands at the counter (most doing very little) yet had to wait more than 30 minutes after processing my reservation. I use AvisBudget on a regular basis, but this will be the last time.

Avis international scam

Can’t trust their online booking and customer service non existent

Confirmation of reservation received online - phoned site to confirm pickup and told no vehicle after all - queried the information online and number and told “that’s just how the system works

Andy

Andy

Poor customer service

Via a phone call Avis staff adviced their office was open, we traveled 30km in rural Vic to pick up the car and surprise surprise the office was closed... Thank you, Avis! Never you again!

They could not honour their reservation and failed to deliver.

Very poor customer service. Even though Avis confirmed the reservation three times by email and once by phone, they could not deliver the vehicle, even worse the location was closed until 2021. Overseas call centres on which they rely on have no idea what is going on in Australia.

Matt Ward

Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80

Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong

Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Rental Services