Avis

Avis

See the Best Car Rental Services in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Avis? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Great Customer Service

I have been a long term Avis customer for many years without any problems. Cars always available on time in good order at always competitive rates.
On my last rental they were not up to the standard I have experienced in the past. This caused me to be out of pocket by several hundred dollars.
After I brought this to their attention the problem was rectified promptly and to my complete satisfaction.
I was very happy in the way they handled my complaint and i will continue to use this company.

Thieves! Terrible Customer Service

Karina
Karina

They charge your credit card and refuse to tell you why

Cheryl
Cheryl South East Queensland, QLD

Unfortunately I can't give a rating lower than one star!

The vehicle was fine. The customer service however is definitely not! I was charged one day plus 2 hours extra instead of just 2 hours extra. As I wanted the car for 2 extra hours I phoned and asked what the extra charge would be. I was advised it was the hourly rate however Avis debited my bank account for one day plus 2 hours. Despite numerous emails from me to Avis they have not provided me with a fully itemised account or explained the fine print in the contract upon which they are obviously relying. I will never book with Avis again.

Emily
EmilyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

WORST customer service!

Roy
RoyPerth, WA

Rude service and obviously AVIS do not care.

I was told to drop a vehicle before 8am. I assured them I will have it back well before 8am. I arrived at 7:30 and all the gates were locked. There were people moving around and I hooted, but was ignored.
The office only opened at 8am and I was met by an outright rude arrogant woman. Shifting blame and talking over me not allowing me to complete my sentences.
Obviously from comments and ratings, AVIS doesn’t care anyway.

Tim W.
Tim W.Sydney, NSW

Avis Airlie Beach, Queensland incorrect charge

dishonest

booked a car and was told there was a covid waiver so i can cancel for free up till the end of the year
when i tried to cancel i was told this was not the case, it was only when cancelling due to covid
so i checked the box that said i was cancelling due to covid and still got charged $82.50
thanks avis
won't be using you again

Heather D.
Heather D.

Couldn’t get through to their phone

Their customer service couldn’t transfer me through to the store. I ended up taking my rental in I wanted to ask if the phone a few questions. I had to then leave and fill up one bar of petrol and was told they would charge $5 a litre and then bring it back in. The lady was very rude and not apologetic at all and said they’d been answering calls all day and I had the correct number. Once I had returned from a 10 minute drive there and back there was no apology for the inconvenience. Terrible customer service and I left feeling unvalued and like they didn’t care.

Find out how Avis compares to other Car Rental Services

Worst hire company going rip off c*nuts

I’m convinced they are stealing peoples credit card details I’ll be going to fair trading and the ombudsmen. 2 lots of different charges and not a single email or invoice also the fuel cap was broken from the last person who hired it so there was no way for me to open the fuel cap using the key provided and that left me unable to put fuel back into it on return.

Greg Rublee
Greg RubleeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Avis on Whitehorse Road - Awesome!

I promised a review and here it is. The folks at Avis on Whitehorse Road in the Blackburn area are first rate! Friendly and fair. A combination not found most places these days. Highly recommend them. Thank you!

I wish I had seen these reviews before I used avis

Tried to talk with someone at Avis with no success. hidden charges include hundreds extra to collect from the airport and their expensive insurance had a $4700 excess!! Go elsewhere

Bas
BasSouth East Queensland, QLD

HOBART AIRPORT OVERCHARGED AND NO RESOLUTION AFTER 8 WEEKS ,

Financially worse off
Financially worse offDarwin, NT

Not Happy with Mandatory Insurance Charge and an Extra $300.00

I have a policy with an insurance company that covers the rental car. I am told I have to pay the LDW Charge and it is mandatory. This is a rip off when I already have a policy with an insurer. The agent on chat said it is mandatory and terminated the chat before I could ask if I could email the policy I had. Luis was the Chat person. I was not aggressive but did say it was a Rip Off.
I checked the price of higher 3 weeks ago and it is now $300 a week more. I should have booked it back then. But I resent paying for Insurance when I already have cover and can email a copy of this.

Katherine
KatherineSydney, NSW

AVIS North Parramatta and AVIS Budget Lost Property

Vehicle TypeKia Cerato

Matt Ward
Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80
Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong
Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Rental Services