Avis

LBH

LBHCanberra 2600, ACT

Call Center incompetence and Maroochydore airport hours of operation

Dishonest service from Avis North Parramatta

Very dishonest practice by Avis at North Parramatta. Do not trust this company!
Charged an extra day and took the money out of my account without permission and without any notification a week after car returned on my rental supplied by NRMA, first they said I returned the car the day after I had returned it and then when I proved that this was not true , then changed to it was returned over 2 hours later than the time I had collected which is also untrue and I’ve been able to prove this also, extremely shady and dishonest company, go somewhere else, do not trust this company! Wish I would have read their reviews before I accepted a rental from them as dishonest charges seem to be a pattern for this company! Extremely dishonest!

Alice Springs service

The poorest customer service and communication I have ever experienced. I will never be using Avis again and the Alice Springs branch is shocking. No help with a punctured tyre (which was like that on pick-up), a simple invoice took 6 weeks to obtain, the branch never answering their phone, counter not attended, road side assistance driving off (with no assistance), extremely poor management of the whole situation. Terrible.

Howie

HowieNorthern Region, NSW

Extraordinarily rude and arrogant

Kim

KimAveley and Brisbane

Don't do it!

I have been provided with an Avis car due to an insurance claim. I hope I never have to deal with this hopeless company again. I was told I could drop the car back at the airport but the key box was inside the building and not accessible (Covid-19). So, I was unable to return the car. Local support out here in Alice Springs is not unavailable and the service team over the phone disconnected my call several times as they simply didn't have a solution for my situation. Whatever you do - stay away from Avis.

Vehicle TypeHyundai i30
Vanessa Sun

Vanessa SunSydney, NSW

Ripped off by the Artarmon location

Vehicle TypeNissan Leaf
medical clinic

medical clinic

Wow! They really are this bad!

I expect car hire companies to be generally lacking in ethics, but as I have read in the latest few reviews, it seems that they continue to chase you for money for repairs for dubious damage months and months after the hire took place. It is as though they are situated in hell and chase you through eternity because you signed a contract with them and that the contract is not for car hire, but in fact for your soul. It is a good warning that when you sign a contract with the devil, expect consequences.

stefanus.nico

stefanus.nicoSydney, NSW

Worst self insurer to deal with

I had a car accident with one of their cars in Feb this year. I wasn't at fault and have been trying to chase them to settle my claim but always told their hirer hasn't paid the excess fee yet so I had to recover my loss directly with the hirer. I happen to lost the details of the hirer from my mobile phone and they're not even trying to help at all. The claim administrator company, Van Ameyde, is the worst to communicate with. I had to repeat what I'm asking them multiple times in email for them to reply with what I think is template of answers, their focus is basically to reject, delay, and minimise the claim at other people's expense. Now it's at the end of July and my claim hasn't been settled yet. Worst one ever.

Phoenix

LaurieSydney, NSW

Holiday memories ruined by AVIS

BPF

BPFSydney, NSW

Beware of unauthorized additional charges

Vehicle TypeHyundai Santa Fe
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Late to open, charged fees I was not informed of, extremely unprofessional

Still have not received bond or the holding payment that I was never informed about, pathetic company and extremely unprofessional. Did not awnser calls or be at the office during work hours, by far the worst car rental company in Australia.

Jason

JasonFar North Queensland, QLD

.Employ local

This is directed at the Avis phone booking service, Unfortunately there isn’t a negative star because that’s what I’d give. Bit of advice, instead of waiting for your customers to spend $50 in a taxi to tell them you require 2 forms of id with an address on before they can pick up a car (local hire). This policy has been in place since 2019, strange I didn’t require it 4 weeks ago. How about Avis employ locally to handle bookings instead of a call centre in the Philippines so these policies can be correctly communicated and save the front line staff from potentially volatile situations

Pass

PassSydney, NSW

Charged more than $70 what was quoted without any explanation

Drew W.

Drew W.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

I would rate this business -0 - Disgraceful and arrogant conduct - DO NOT USE THEM!! They don't care about their clients

Rob

RobSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very Disappointing!!!

I've been using AVIS for a while for intrastate work trips. Recently had an incident where paint fell off the back of a truck and was splatted all over the side of the rental vehicle. I reported it to AVIS 10 mins after it occurred, provided all the details and arranged to swap the vehicle over that afternoon so AVIS might have a better chance of cleaning it.
Weeks later I'm sent an invoice for the excess amount suggesting I hadn't provided any details. Unbelievable! They are a massive company, are lazy and just DON'T CARE about looking after the people that provide them with business.
Will I be renting from AVIS again? There are much better options in Australia. Don't waste your time or money!

Vehicle TypeIntermediate car
Received Booked Vehicle Yes

Pushy customer service & watch out for hidden costs

I rented a car for 5 days through Avis in Malaga, Western Australia. When I picked up the car, they pushed me 3 or 4 times to pay extra to reduce the excess (an extra $500 or so) and were quite irritated when I refused. When I returned the car, it took several attempts to get a final invoice, to find they had overcharged me by $32. I've queried it, but they claim the fee was correct. I know it's a small amount, but I just want to warn others of their tactics.

michael j.

michael j.

Great resolution

As a result of Coronavirus I was required to return my hire car early. Initially I was charged excessively by Avis, this was rectified without fuss after I sent an email requesting a review. All other elements of the hire were seamless and the car was new.

Received Booked Vehicle No, I received a better vehicle
Kmr

KmrSydney, NSW

scammed me on a petrol tank refill

I returned my car with a full tank and had receipts but they added a tank of fuel to my credit card without telling me. They were hoping I didnt notice. It took weeks to fix the mess. I wont use them again

paul

paulsydney

Greedy cash grab over Coronavirus cancellations

Matt Ward

Matt Wardasked

Booking confirmation 3144-2492-GB-4PP

This booking was cancelled due to Covid 19 and no flights available to the UK to take up the car hire . A months notice was given.I have enquired 5 times regards refund and no response other than speak to your travel agent. No agent was involved - booked on Avis website and paid immediately via credit card.

Appreciate a tough time for all business around the world . I appreciate the due refund asap . Every other hotel/airline that was involved in this trip has responded positively and had done the right thing within a reasonable amount of time .

Please Avis do the same .

Cheers Matt

Mick80

Mick80asked

Anyone been in an accident with an Avis hire car when the hire car crashed into my car and did substantial damage to te rear end but unfortunately I am not insured so I am trying to get Avis to pay for my car as the accident was not my fault ( rear ended)
Avis claim I must chase up the driver and until he pays his excess I will not have my car repaired. Yes the man driving the car is no longer answering calls or emails...
any advice is much appreciated

asgill74
asgill74

this becomes police matter, i hope you reported acident to police, they can find the driver, most probably issue his ticket, get police report number for insurance claim. if nothing works, report to consumer affairs, if nothing work, you may have to take AVIS to QCAT, only take $60-70 but bit of pain.

Michelle Leong

Michelle Leongasked

Is the service still same now, 2016?

Old_Guy
Old_Guy

Yes the service can be nest described as bad.
Car delivered scratched (every panel including the roof!) and filtheir than a worn out cab
Was asked at Melbourne Airport to put in 2 dollars ($1.30/l) more fuel as there was an discussion of the defnition of a full tank?
It isnt AVIS fault it is the 'crew' that handles the cars for all renters.

Other Car Hire Services