B&D Doors and Openers

See the Best Door & Window Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Sandip Patel

Sandip PatelVictoria

Tina is still on holiday & I'm waiting to get resolution from B&D doors.

I'm not sure but we paid for brand new doors and they installed very poor quality damage door, we send them so many videos as proof but they just playing around and around. Basically due to defective door we are not able to use it and we are literally scared while operating it. Very annoying noices coming while we operating it. I hope you guys come & installed brand new doors and operating kits. If you have any concern please speak to Ridgewater homes. As per my email to you both party I need solutions ASAP. We paid for brand new product not for damage & faulty product. Thanks feel free to contact me on my email. Cheers

Poor Customer Service

New home with Dixon - company was suppose to fix garage door before handover and didn't, customer service lied about repairs that were not carried out. 4 weeks and we are still waiting for the brand new door to work in our new Dixon home.

Anil

AnilSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not professional and poor service

My garage door of newly build, not even 12 months gone, issues started.

Few first issues were related to garage door opening and closing, stuck in between, called them, they serviced it but it then making more noise, called again, serviced then, seems all good.

But after few months, motor started to beep, called them 3 times, nobody appeared, it was under warranty when I raised beeping issue, beeping continued 3 to 4 days whenever you open or close the door. After one month I got to know they can't do anything and I will be charged if I want my motor to be checked by them.

My builder was Coral Homes, they have given garage door to B&D. I never ever recommended B&D doors to any one!!!

Warranty is rubbish

Had a double garage door installed with our new build, door looks good but electric motor only lasted 18 months before it died, b&d said even though it's under warranty I have to pay for a call out fee & labor (I have never come across a more dodgey warranty) ended up being cheaper to get a local business to fix it & was told that motor was 2 x smaller than what should be fitted, b&d didn't care & said it's within there specs, was given the option of repairing it but it will probably fail again or purchase the correct size motor for $850. Disappointing that b&d won't stand behind there product & warrant is basically useless, won't use them again.

Job Satisfaction

Questionable technicians work for Band D roller doors Sydney!

Great efficient timely service

Very happy with our new door, installed today.
Installers were efficient, and offered clear instruction into the use of the door .All in all this has been a very positive experience.

Josef Berghofer

Josef BerghoferSydney, NSW

Last forever

My B&D Garage Roller Door is 19 Years old, the quality is great, I never had a Problem, now after 19 Years the time has come to replace some worn out Rollers, great Quality Product, thanks B&D, keep up Your Standard of Quality

Regards Josef

Jessica

JessicaSydney, NSW

Easily the best and Priced surprisingly competitively

As the developer of numerous warehouses and a proud family home owner, I can guarantee that B&D are By far the best quality product available in Australia, if not the World.
Easily the most secure door for my family and very user friendly and reliable. I Expected high prices, but in comparison, they are on par if not better than inferior competitors products and options so it’s obviously a great time to opt for an upgrade to your home or business garage door.
They’re innovation is well ahead of their competitors also I found.

John D

John DMurrumbidgee Region, NSW

Unethical Installers

We had a new door and moter installed last year, towards the end of last year it started not closing properly and we put in a warranty request with the installer, they charged us travel and a service charge because the door needs to be serviced once a year, although not even 12 months old and replaced a pin and rollers that were loose, they claim this is standard B&D policy

B&D Accredited Dealers

Poppy

PoppySouth East Queensland, QLD

Rusted dooor

Unscrupulous company, they used to be Harris door. Our door rusted within 3 years of installation and the only solution offered from them was to replace the door, which they were going to charge us more than the original price we payed for the door. Strongly do not recommend dealing with this company.

Ajay Gandhi

Ajay GandhiSouth East Queensland, QLD

Do Not touch B&D products

Had a B&D panel lift installed with a wall remote for $600. In 2 years the Wall remote has degenerated and has a hole in it. Called gold coast Door center and then B&D - no help at all - wanted more money- this was the latest remote -cheap Quality stuff, so beware of this company

Terrible Customer Service!!!

Alooni86

Alooni86AU

B&D Garage doors

We had a double garage panel lift motorised doors installed. Great service and efficiently installed in time.

We managed to get the add on for Smartphone control which is a real life saver when you have need to open up without keys or have a family enter the premises.

Integration with good has just been updated.

Job Satisfaction

Not up to expectations. Very much disappointed with their service

Merridy L.B&D Doors and Openers

Hi Shruthi, the issue you are describing is for an opener not a door. Could you please confirm the brand of your opener and then contact us on 13 62 63? We have searched for a customer under your display name and cannot find a reference. Thank you

AlthomPerth, WA

Business model stinks

Sell you a garage door but then outsource everything to dealers who simply aren't interested in anything other than selling you a new door.
I've been trying to get someone to supply & fit Emb-a-Seals to our existing B&D Sectional door but just get the runaround from their agents.
Initial price provided was $390 and wait 4 weeks for parts delivery - never happened and when I called to find out what was going on no one knew anything about the inital quote.
Next dealer - "can't be done"
Next dealer - About $600 but it's not worth our while.
Absolutley hopeless

Althom

How do I send you a PM on here?

CaseyD

CaseyDSydney, NSW

Bad experience was improved after issue sorted

We did have a bad experience at first, however this was fixed up and sorted appropriately after our situation was explained and looked into by staff. We were happy with the service by the tech and happy to continue on with B&D doors.

Merridy L.B&D Doors and Openers

Thanks for your feedback Casey!

pkonSydney

3 years before hinge snap and corrosion sets in.

Answer the phone!!

Been on hold for over 30 min. sick of listening to the voice recording.
How do you make money if you never answer the phone.

Hi Kevin,
I am sorry to hear that we didn't get to your call. Could you please private message your contact number and we will call you?
Kind Regards,
B&D

Xin

XinSydney

Don’t buy. Easy to broke, expensive to repair

I have a B&D CADP installed in my house. The motor starts playing stopping game to us just right after the 5 year warranty expired. The installer informed us that B&D is not willing to do repair for us since the motor is now dead 6 month after the warranty expired. Instead, I need to pay $450 for repairing it if I still want to fix it. Which is $25 cheaper to buy a same model in new from eBays. Are you guys mad??? Terrible quality, supper bad services (not helping anything if you just out of warranty), super expensive for parts...... just move away from B&D!!!

Peter

Peterasked

Do I need to lubricate rollers?

OCD Fusspot
OCD Fusspot

Hi Peter. The rollers on your B&D door (as long as it is a panelift not a roller door) have ball bearings and generally don't need lube but if they are binding or stiff then a shot of Inox, WD40 etc won't hurt. If your door is a roller door (rolls up like a blind) then absolutely no lube is to be applied to the tracks as this will eventually foul the braided rubbing strips on the edges of the door and make it stick instead of slide. If your door is an older model it is also a good idea to spray a small amount in the pivoting part of the metal hinges, if yours are metal. If you have the internal nylon hinges then no lube is neccessary. I hope this helps.

Peter

Peterasked

Parents have installed 2 motors back in 2010, every time there's a problem under warranty you get charged service call - like seriously?! Found out you need to service them every year which is around $140 of so which in 5 years you can get new motors. Just yesterday all 4 controls are playing up and signal very very weak - have changed batteries and still the same. Parents had old B&D door (without computer) and went your over 10years with no servicing (control was the size of 3 iPhones) not happy. Any other brands that don't need servicing?

Busymom
Busymom

Looks shady to me. I had my B&D door serviced when the motor started acting up after 3 years. I was told it needed servicing. All they did was oil the sides. Didnt even touch the motor. Then the motor died altogether after a month and i had to replace. 6 months later the door startet creaking really loudly. B&D said they will charge a call out fee to "look" at it. I asked about warranty and they told me that they (meaning only B&D) had to service the door every year to honour their warranty. Because i havent done that they will charge me. I told them Ive thrown enough money and Im stuck with a really noisy door. My experience with B&D is that its crap from motor to doors and my house is only 4 years.
My old house built in 2003 had steel line. Not once did i change the motor nor got it serviced. i sold the house without any issues. When i lost the remote steelline came to reprogram without charging a service fee.

Robowen
Robowen

I think the issues both of you experienced are with the garage door company hired to undertake the job and not B&D. Throughout Australia B&D only own 2 or 3 businesses. All of the other businesses are privately owned and are part of an accredited dealership. Even tradies operating as sole traders can obtain B&D doors. Anyone 'oiling the sides' should be asked to leave immediately as tracks and guides should not be greased or oiled. If the motor died it may have been incorrectly specified for the size of the door, it may have been over working due to dried out oil or grease in the guides. The springs may have been under tensioned. All of this is the installer / servicers responsibility to check. Installers are generally sub contractors and their level of competence is gauged by how many installs they do a day and how many years doing the job. I've worked for both Steel-Line and B&D and I can promise you Steel-Line is not a better product. In answer to the original question. Where you have machinery and moving wearable parts why would you not want it serviced.? Your garage door is just as important than your car and needs regular maintenance. Have the opener serviced at the same time as the garage door. As for being charged for warranty, depending on who you call out it is acceptable for them to charge you if they didn't install the original opener. If they are not the installers then you should call the manufacturers who will log a resolve warranty call. B&D don't make their own openers nor do Steel-Line. B&D Warranty calls for openers are usually carried out by Automatic Technology Australia (Ata).
As I said, It's not B&D that's the issue.

Get an answer from our members and B&D Doors and Openers representatives