Babylove Ezy Combo

Babylove Ezy Combo

MPNs: 80742 and 80744

Good item for a reasonable price

Bought this for my 15 month old daughter. Good quality carseat and the price is affordable than other brands. I love the extra cushion for the head and the bonus cup holder and car seat protector. My husband and I are happy with this product. Will buy another one for baby number 2 when she is older.

Hi Charis, thanks for taking the time to leave such a great review! If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Babylove team.

Really good

Easy seat to install, very clear instructions for anyone new to car seats. My son is comfortable, when he falls asleep the big sides keep his head up right and not to the side where I would worry about his breathing and a sore neck. Definitely the best seat I’ve had so far, only issue with cleaning is when my son stuffs toys/food in the gaps and unless I take the whole seat cover off it is hard to retrieve lost items

Comfortable, safe and perfect for my needs

We purchased this seat for my eldest who is now 5. Easy to install and comfortable spacious 5 point harness keeps my daughter safe. I like that I can continue to use it as my child gets older. The wings on the side are quite big which may make it a bit cumbersome if trying to fit multiple seats into a small car.

Awesome car seat for bigger Bubs!

This car seat is so easy to install, has the option to recline back, covers are easy to remove for cleaning purposes and has side head support great for my two year old. It is a rather large seat so doesn't fit well in the boot of the car but fits awesome once installed correctly as the car seat

Good chunky car seat, but a little wide..

This is a flexible car seat which I have used from 6 months to about 4 years old. It does allow you to use it as a fully functioning booster seat for when kids are older, however it doesn't score as highly on safety ratingsnin this mode. If you need to use the back seats in full, it might be a bit restrictive as it's difficult to get two seats next to each other given they are fairly wide.

Baby Love Comfortable and durable car seat

I bought this car seat for my child last year and since then it has been giving a comfortable and safe ride to my child. The seat is quite comfortable for the child and is easy to install and remove. the seat doesn't get too dirty and is easy to clean. its safety certifications should make it everyones choice for their kids.

Ok, but about to upgrade to a better CREP rated booster seat - Note the 18kg harness limit

We have used this seat with both kids & bought it based on the CREP ratings and that it was also a good price for these ratings.

The kids like the cup holder but it's not exactly an important feature to take into consideration.

It's quite wide and even in a Holden Commodore Wagon it is a squeeze for someone to fit in between it and another car seat (with the cup holder removed). It's impossible in our smaller car.

Once the youngest needed to move on from a convertible baby seat, I upgraded the older child to a single mode booster seat, the Hipod Boston. This was also based on the CREP ratings. This seat is rated much better as a booster seat than the Ezy Combo. What really concerns me about the Ezy Combo are the three 1-star ratings in booster mode.

If you read the CREP website it says the following:
"Ratings explained
Critical protection
The crash protection scores include critical protection measures. Child car seats that fail any of these measures would result in a poor outcome for the seat occupant in a road crash. While all child car seats on this website meet the Australian Standard AS/NZS 1754, a child car seat that scores zero in any of the critical protection measures will automatically score an overall rating of 1 star."

As my youngest is not quite at the shoulder marker to move to booster mode, I was considering putting off an upgrade for a short time. However after reading the above explanation of the CREP ratings, even one 1-star rating in forward-facing mode puts me off.

BUT - after just having read the reviews here, I have discovered that my youngest should not be using the harness because she is OVER 18kg. Thank you to that reviewer for bringing this to my attention.

I think it is really poor that this information is not provided more clearly by BabyLove. I cannot see the weight limit on the visible areas of the car seat at all. It only mentions the height marker. The 18kg limit is on page 13 of the online manual: http://babylove.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/ezyCombo_2010.pdf

I will be upgrading my youngest to the Hipod Boston immediately.

Good value for money and the baby is safe and happy

I am happy with the Babylove baby seat. I have purchased it as a second seat for my mother who takes my baby in her car at times. The baby seat is great, the baby is safe, happy and secure. The price was right as well and I did not want to spend too much on it as it was intended as an additional seat, however happy with it in every way!

Hi Olga, Thanks for your terrific review, if we can assist you with anything in the future please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Baby happy and secure

I took this new baby seat to a fitting station because I wanted for it to be installed safely. I am not sure if it can be installed easily unless you are doing it all the time. The seat is very comfortable, the baby is supported well, is secure and does not sway from side to side when the car is moving or turning. Cleaning is a breeze and I would recommend this car seat to any parent.

Hi Sue, Thank you so much for your time to write us the above review. We are delighted to hear that you find our car seat easy to clean and comfortable. If we can assist you with anything in the future, please feel free to give us a call on 1300 303 330. Kind regards, the Britax team.

Great value for the money.

Being a nana this item is easy to use and the baby seat belts are easy to lock and unlock too.
Baby seems happy to sit in this seat and the head is well supported when awake and also when sleeping too.
Cleaning, maintenance & storage is easy and it is also easy to lock the seat in and to unlock it to get it out of the car.

I bought this seat just over a year ago, the price was good, and overall l I'm pretty happy with it.
It was used every day and the material is still in immaculate condition no wear and tear, and wipes down really easily.
I like the fact that it could be used as a booster seat, and one of my favorite things is the large cup holder that was in easy reach made it really handy for long car trips!

Overall a good functioning seat for it's price.

damn right we made love in the babylove!

in our industry there are many different requests and this was one of them. Very comfortable even though a lot of movement, i wanted to take it home! Our team are not exactly the best at setting things up so it took us a little while, after all their job is to film not to build seats. the cleaning was very easy, stains came out well. overall very good product.

A safe, sturdy and reliable seat

We needed a second car seat for our other car but didn't want to pay for an expensive seat again- this one does the job perfectly, just as well as (if not better than) our other brand seat. It's very lightweight yet still sturdy and I find it cleans more easily than the other seat. It's not at all complicated and fiddly to switch to another car or take out and clean.

Excellent Value

This seat was purchased because of its high safety rating. It has been used in harness mode with a toddler, and not too long ago was converted to a booster for my current 6 year old son. He is still very comfy and there is good side head support for when he falls asleep. I was concerned that the large side wings would make the lap-sash seatbelt unsuitable to use, but it goes over the top of the seat and utilises the red clip to sit against the child's shoulder.
The top of the seat is faded from the sun but that could be expected I guess. Lightweight so easy to move cars, but it is a big seat, so you won't be able to fit three seats across.
My son is 6.5 years, tall for his age and weighs approx 27kg, he still has plenty of room below the shoulder line (much to his dismay).

Fantastic seat for kids

Pros- very easy to use and install. Fabric is super comfy and kids fall asleep in it as its quite big and roomy
Cons- Very wide and bulky. You cant fit in a small car or if you are trying to get 3 seats at the back of a 4wd. Also too big and bulky to throw in the back of the boot if you want to uninstall it

Love it

Picked this seat due to very high ratings and safety scores. It's lived up to it's name! Had 2 for 3 years and now using them as booster seats. They are larger sized but kids are comfy in them, they love the cup holders and I find them extremely easy to use. Highly recommended.

More than a tad bulky when you have compact car and other car seats

It was easy to install as a toddler seat. It is machine washable but takes time to take buckles out before fabric can be removed. The seat is comfy and survived 2 kids. They sleep well in there. The main gripe is it is very wide and when you have to fit 3 car seats across ( or 2 car seats and 1 adult), it is too bulky in a compact car or even compact SUV.

Business class for kids

We have 3 of this car seat for our 2 kids in different cars. The kids absolutely love it. We've had one of them since my son was 6 months old and he's now a tall 6 year old and still loves it. We have just converted it into booster seat mode for him and it's just as comfortable. My tiny 3.5 year old daughter also has the same seat and loves it.

The only con is it's massive. If you put 2 seats in the back you virtually have a half size middle seat left.

Perfect

Nice one easy to fit and high safety loved it lllllloooovvvee it .

How easy is it to install & use the seat?
How comfortable is your baby in the seat?
Is cleaning, maintenance & storage easy for this seat?
easy to install & use the seat,
comfortable for our baby in the seat and cleaning, maintenance & storage easy as well .

Uncomfortable car seat

I've bought two of this seats for my twins and found tha this car seats it's such uncomfortable when child sitting in this car seat and bulky it's use so much space in you car In a end I've sold them and bought safe n sound and now we happy. I wouldn't reccomend baby love car seats

We’re thinking of getting these for our 6-month old twins, but our twins are on the small side (63 cm). About hos tall/long does a child have to be to fit safely in the forward facing seat?
The longer you wait to switch to forward facing the better as it’s a much safer option! We got this after our daughter was one and she looked smallish but did fit the markers and it did protect her in a car accident where I was T-boned and my car was written off. If your twins are on the smaller side definitely wait until they reach the height markers so they will be properly protected:) I’m not 100% sure on the exact measurements they have to be as I no longer have the seat or box since my accident

We're looking at purchasing this babyseat for use on a private school bus that takes her to kindy. From the reviews it appears the major issue is the size. Does anyone know if it will fit into a van like a Toyota Hiace 13? Thanks...
Yes. Where do you live? I have one I only used once. I am the grandmother and rarely use the seat in my car. Cheers, Sandra.

Why is the in-built harness not able to be used past the middle marker? I'm not happy to put my son in a seat using only the car seat belt and the h-harness bought seperately isn't suitable for my car as I have 3 in car-seats so the buckle can't be reached easily to do up and undo the seatbelt
Hi RikkiLee, thanks for your question. The Babylove Ezy Combo is a convertible booster seat which means that your need to be guided by the markers on the seat and change to booster mode once your little reaches the middle marker. It sounds like you're looking for a seat that's full harnessed up to approx. 8 years of age? We would recommend that you look at the Babylove Ezy Grow - http://babylove.com.au/shop/car-seats/ezy-grow-ep/ Please feel free to give us a call on 1300 131 477 if you would like to discuss this with us in further detail. Kind regards, the Babylove Team.

Ezy Combo