Balsam Hill

Balsam Hill

Unhappy

UnhappyPerth, WA

Very disappointed!

Bought a Fraser Fir with great excitement, have wanted a Balsam Hill tree for many years. So very disappointed, tree is not realistic at all, it is fake looking in both texture and colour. A total waste of money.

Claire L

Claire LSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely awful tree

My husband surprised me with the order of a pre lit tree we had often seen advertised. Costing what would be described as an arm and a leg, we were so excited to put it up. The excitement soon turned to upset and astonishment in what we ended up with. Carefully watching the videos, re reading and fiddling with the branches for over 4 hours, the tree was far, far from what we thought we had purchased. I have no idea how something can be advertised and the actual be so different and poor. The only positive comment I have, is that the customer service to my dissatisfaction was good, although I did have to fight slightly, eventually it was collected and a full refund given.

Very poor customer service

Great Quality and Amazing Service

Sunshine

SunshineSydney, NSW

Beautiful tree

I shopped around for sometime looking for a good quality tree that I will be able to keep for years and this tree has not disappointed! It looks real, is easy to put up and is just beautiful. I couldn’t be happier.

marls9283

marls9283Sydney, NSW

Amazing.

Thanks so much. I love my X-mas tree. Delivery was fast and tree looks sooo good. I purchased the MONTEREY PINE pre lit 180cm. The 210cm was out of stock. If they have this recommend the bigger one. However, I just got my husband to make a box for it to sit on and a Xmas shirt from Kmart. Looks 210cm now.

Diana

DianaSydney, NSW

charged international transfer fee

I have purchased a tree, cannot comment on it as I have not received it yet. But be aware that you will be charged an international transfer fee as it is a US registered company. No where is this stated in the ordering/payment process

Gabriel A.

Gabriel A.Sydney, NSW

I love it. You get what you pay for.

After reading some of the reviews here I stalled for a couple of weeks. I wish I hadn't. I got the Park Avenue and it is just beautiful, elegant, classy and more importantly exactly as described. The tree fits my space in every way. After setting it up and even without any decorations (yet) I am wishing it was Christmas all year.

Janedoe

JanedoeGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Not exactly like the picture but still nice

Bought the monterey pine,. Smaller than website and less full looking. But looked nice after decorating it and the quality is good

Keb1601

Keb1601

Learn from my experience! DON’T BUY

The first photo is what was advertised. The second is what I got .... for hundreds and hundreds of dollars .... need I say more?

I will be going to war with this company.

Kim

KimSydney, NSW

Poor quality

Purchased the ornaments set of 35, very expensive and disappointed with the quality. The glitters fell off and the decorations fell apart, looks like they used cheap glue or sticky tape. Requested a refund and all they could do was offer $15. Absolute insult.

False advertising with website pictures

The tree that was delivered looked nothing like the picture of it on the website. More like a $50 big w tree rather than a luxury $450 tree. It was very disheartening to open the box and see id essentially been scammed out of 100s of dollars through false advertising.
6 weeks on from my purchase I have neither a tree nor a refund, my tree has now been "lost" in the post.
So no tree, and no cash for me. Very disappointing, would not recommend to anyone.

Julia M

Julia MPerth, WA

Disappointed for the price

Was really disappointed with our tree. Unpacked and found one of the branches had not been fitted and was just hanging also a huge gap in between the top & bottom. For a luxury product it is not worth the money. Returned for a refund

International Transaction Fee Charged

Australian website domain, Australian phone number for support, delivered from Australian stock, paid in Australian dollars (and GST) and slapped with an International Transaction Fee as it was processed in the US. Beware. There is nothing on their website or help guides.

aaj

aajMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I'm really disappointed

I purchased a tree from the Christmas in July sale recently, it arrived swiftly. I set it up to make sure all worked right, I was expecting a tree with 'easy plug' just snap it together and away you go, that is not what I got! my tree had connections in the tree itself, plugs that had to me put together in order for the lights to work, all up 12 of them. and to top it off after an hour of fluffing there are way too many gaps for me. Several days of persistent ringing and emailing I finally got an them to take the tree back postage paid, now lets see how long my refund takes!

Ann

AnnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Utterly disappointing

What you see on the website is NOT what you get ! My tree was sparse - not dense with foliage like the website details . Lights are very dim . I was utterly disappointed with the quality given the price they demand. Beware - No refunds after 7 days - so if you buy your tree in their October sale - you’ve got to put your tree up in OCTOBER !

Suzie

SuzieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of money

I wish I had read the reviews first.
So over priced and the cheeky condition of theirs is that they only refund within 7 days of purchase.
I purchased mine in November which I'm sure a lot of people do as well and leave it in the box until December..well before I even opened it the 7 days has already lapsed.
I spent $700 plus on a tree and it's terrible..the bottom is too gappy that makes it look cheap.
The worst part is the white snow falls off even when you lightly touch it so to set it up created such a mess..
I wish I had my time again..I would of gone to Myers and still saved money and had a beautiful tree.

Super Slow Shipping; False statements from customer servicd

Very slow to ship; false emails
They claim to ship the same day, but in my case they claimed my tree was shipped on time, but now on the sixth day FedEx has finally today got the tree. Customer service doesnt back the company website shipping claims, so dont order a tree from Balsam Hill unless you can wait a long time for it. Note: I could drive from my home to their facility in about 3 hours. Yet it will be a week of shipping if it actually shows up when they assert. Customer service did nothing to help and initially responded with a shrugged shoulders approach. Eventually I at least got an email of tepid apology.

Kim Douglas

Kim DouglasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor service and expensive and no teee has arrived

I orders a tree 7 days ago and the money has come out of my account and no confirmation, no order number, no tracking number. I have sent my bank statement and address and name and phone number and nothing. No tree and I am out $500. Beware this site could be a scam. If I do not receive my tree in 3 days I will be reporting f the company. Now I have read the other reviews I am aware that I am not the only one very very very disappointed as my children await a Christmas tree....

Steven F.

Steven F.Darwin, NT

Not happy

Poor quality. Over priced. I received ours today. We wanted a small one so that we could place it on a table so the kids (2yr old) would not destroy it. Looks nothing like the photos. Worse than BigW or Kmart and at 5 times the price. DO NOT BUY!!!

Jackie F.asked

Thank you for the reviews......I will not be buying a Balsam hill tree!.

Trang R.
Trang R.

I was concerned about the negative reviews as well and almost decided not to buy a tree from Balsam Hill. I'm glad that I took the risk and purchase the Silverado Slim. The tree and the service was brilliant. So please consider good reviews from previous customers as well :)

Jackie F.

I went for a $49 tree as they (kmart) had completely sold out and I am thrilled with it....its really nice....wish I could post a picture x

Carmela D.

Carmela D.asked

I bought a 270cm Balsam Hill Christmas Tree and after 3 years the lights don't work any more. The adapter has blown. Balsam Hill REGRET that they cannot replace the adapter, not even if I pay for it! They have told me to look for a new one in local hardware stores. I have done so, including specialty electrical supply shops, who have really gone out of their way for me but no-one can supply an adapter with the same amps. I can see from the many reviews here that others have had this issue? Can anyone tell me where I can buy a replacement adapter?

BenM
BenM

It might help you to know the amperage can be higher, just not lower.

Dear Camela
Radio parts in Spencer st Melbourne.They'll sort the issue of the blown transformer/adaptor.They have access,to all sorts of unique electrical parts.
Regards Ioannis