Balsam Hill

2.4

Julia M

Julia MPerth, WA

Disappointed for the price

Was really disappointed with our tree. Unpacked and found one of the branches had not been fitted and was just hanging also a huge gap in between the top & bottom. For a luxury product it is not worth the money. Returned for a refund

International Transaction Fee Charged

Australian website domain, Australian phone number for support, delivered from Australian stock, paid in Australian dollars (and GST) and slapped with an International Transaction Fee as it was processed in the US. Beware. There is nothing on their website or help guides.

aaj

aajMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

I'm really disappointed

I purchased a tree from the Christmas in July sale recently, it arrived swiftly. I set it up to make sure all worked right, I was expecting a tree with 'easy plug' just snap it together and away you go, that is not what I got! my tree had connections in the tree itself, plugs that had to me put together in order for the lights to work, all up 12 of them. and to top it off after an hour of fluffing there are way too many gaps for me. Several days of persistent ringing and emailing I finally got an them to take the tree back postage paid, now lets see how long my refund takes!

Deb

DebHunter Region, NSW

Glad I read reviews

Thank you for the people that have posted reviews. I was just about to advertise a tree (although its 10 years old), it was a $700 purchase at the time). You guys just saved me!!

Ann

AnnSouth East Queensland, QLD

Utterly disappointing

What you see on the website is NOT what you get ! My tree was sparse - not dense with foliage like the website details . Lights are very dim . I was utterly disappointed with the quality given the price they demand. Beware - No refunds after 7 days - so if you buy your tree in their October sale - you’ve got to put your tree up in OCTOBER !

Suzie

SuzieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Waste of money

I wish I had read the reviews first.
So over priced and the cheeky condition of theirs is that they only refund within 7 days of purchase.
I purchased mine in November which I'm sure a lot of people do as well and leave it in the box until December..well before I even opened it the 7 days has already lapsed.
I spent $700 plus on a tree and it's terrible..the bottom is too gappy that makes it look cheap.
The worst part is the white snow falls off even when you lightly touch it so to set it up created such a mess..
I wish I had my time again..I would of gone to Myers and still saved money and had a beautiful tree.

Super Slow Shipping; False statements from customer servicd

Very slow to ship; false emails
They claim to ship the same day, but in my case they claimed my tree was shipped on time, but now on the sixth day FedEx has finally today got the tree. Customer service doesnt back the company website shipping claims, so dont order a tree from Balsam Hill unless you can wait a long time for it. Note: I could drive from my home to their facility in about 3 hours. Yet it will be a week of shipping if it actually shows up when they assert. Customer service did nothing to help and initially responded with a shrugged shoulders approach. Eventually I at least got an email of tepid apology.

Kim Douglas

Kim DouglasSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very poor service and expensive and no teee has arrived

I orders a tree 7 days ago and the money has come out of my account and no confirmation, no order number, no tracking number. I have sent my bank statement and address and name and phone number and nothing. No tree and I am out $500. Beware this site could be a scam. If I do not receive my tree in 3 days I will be reporting f the company. Now I have read the other reviews I am aware that I am not the only one very very very disappointed as my children await a Christmas tree....

Steven F.

Steven F.Darwin, NT

Not happy

Poor quality. Over priced. I received ours today. We wanted a small one so that we could place it on a table so the kids (2yr old) would not destroy it. Looks nothing like the photos. Worse than BigW or Kmart and at 5 times the price. DO NOT BUY!!!

So disappointed

I bought a pre lit Silverado Slim Christmas tree.
The tree is very gappy and sparse. I spent hours shaping it before adorning with decorations but nothing could make this tree look good. The branch tips are not strong enough to hold even light weight ornaments. A total joke considering the price. Buyer beware

Wont purchase from them again

They use StarTrack as courier. Even though I was home all day they left a note to say I should drive for over 40 minutes in city traffic to their depot to pick it up. Won't purchase from any company that uses StarTrack again

Online Shopper

Online ShopperMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Disappointed

I have admired these trees for several years and finally took the plunge and ordered one. After two hours of fluffing it looks no better than my old tree which cost 1/10th the price. You can see through the branches and it is no where near as full as the photos on their website. Good points are the tips are fine enough and strong for holding decorations and lights look pretty at night. Would I buy another balsam hill tree? No. Not worth the price tag at all.

Ney Rose

Ney RoseSydney, NSW

Not worth the money..

I bought the 210cm Norway Spruce. I was really disappointed with what I got. Spent hours setting it up, moving it around and fluffing it up to try and reduce the gaps. You could see straight through it. Definitely looks different to what is on the website. I ended up sending it back to Balsam Hill and getting a refund. Not worth $579.

Brett

BrettSouthwest, VIC

GREAT PRODUCT

Andrea B

Andrea BMelbourne

Can't wait for Christmas

I ordered a 210cm BH Balsam Fir prelit tree on a Friday. The tree arrived the following Wednesday. It is very easy to assemble, though will take some time to fluff and decorate so it resembles the photos on the website. We appreciate the tree bag, gloves and extra bulbs. We have traditionally gone for a real tree, but after the spiders we had last year, I look forward to using our new tree this year!

Angela

AngelaGold coast

Price does not match Quality or Service

I ordered a tree on Sale in January. When i went to use at Christmas time the tree was faulty (lights not working) I am STILL going back and forth with the company to receive a replacement transformer and lights. When contacting 'Customer Service' it feels very offshore. always dealing with a different person and very scripted while not actually helping with the issue. i was told on the 11/12 that my transformer would arrive in five days only to receive an email on 28/12 that it wasn't coming and they cant tell me when it will arrive. I wish i had just gone to a xmas shop, Dj's or Myer I REALLY REGRET THIS PURCHASE.

Kathryn

KathrynBrisbane

Very Happy with Purchase

MD Silva

MD SilvaLidcombe

Bad customer service

I ordered a Christmas tree, got the confirmation and they took the money straightway. 5 days after they send an email saying that they do not have any stock, but the return of the money may take up to 30 days. I emailed back and asked if they have another available without any reply. Really bad customer service

Extremely Disappointing

Tree is extremely disappointing. I have wanted one for years. Does not live up to expectations at all. Look at it and think I will get my cheap one back out. Hours of grooming and you can still see straight through it. Would not recommend one at all. Also when there was an issue with delivery customer service did not contact me by phone even when I asked them too. Therefore It ended up not arriving before our family party. Apparently they don’t make calls. How is this a customer service of quality. It is not.

Lights don't last