Bank of Sydney

Bank of Sydney

Online, Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Topic
    • General Transactions (5)
    • New Account (5)
    • Credit Card Application (1)
    • ATM Experience (1)
    • Loan Application (1)
  • Incentivised Review Yes (0%) · No (100%)

Nick

NickGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Try and set up a term deposit...I dare you!

Was driven to them looking for an advantageous interest rate. Their customer instructions are unclear, emails and sms not easily or accurately identify themselves as the bank. You need to switch between interfaces to authenticate and the two transactions you need are days apart. I tried to call 3 times each time the call dropped out. I finally got through only to be asked to leave a message, I have not yet received a call back. I strongly suggest some customer journey mapping is in desperate need here to fix this broken process. I wont be completing my term deposit now as I have no trust in their process.

Louise

LouiseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Enter the void

I opened an online term deposit because of their great rates, but accidentally deleted the code to access the online account because I didn't realise it was from them. I have spent a week calling them to get this reset (you can not do this online), but have never got through to a person. The phone either hangs up, does not get connected, or rings to voicemail. I have left 2-3 voicemails as requested and never received a callback. I will not use the term deposit account because I cannot trust their service.

Don't deal with them.

They do not communicate with you. Have a maturing term deposit and they write and say to call them to give instructions. I have called repeatedly and been giving the 'leave your number and we'll get back to you'. Two days and three calls so far. Next step will have to be banking ombudsman.

InnerCityGirl

InnerCityGirlSydney

If I could rate them negative I would...

A friend who owes me money tried to transfer the money to my Westpac account. The money is still not transferred. That was 2.5 YEARS AGO!!! Absolutely PATHETIC! Now I emailed the bank to ask what's going on, they said they'd respond in 24 he's, well that was 3 weeks ago and no response. This bank should be sued.

Very poor customer service

TeeGox

TeeGoxSydney, NSW

Poor customer service

They never answer their phones. Opened a TD, called all week to do transfers and they closed it only to tell me to do the whole application again. There are better banks out therr

Worst bank ever

Just joined with BoS and have quickly learnt that their service is the worse of any kind I have ever encountered. The 1300 number rarely answers - 95% of the time takes you to a voicemail service so it is near to impossible to get any answers. I don't understand how this business is even functioning.

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

A Roy

A RoySydney

Worst customer service

Very poor customer service. No proper communication between online team and the branch. Very hard to contact and get things done as per your requirement. Very un-Australian service. They must train their staff MORE.

anne asydney

Would like to rate - 100 stars but can’t.

Had large amount stolen from my account overseas that bank didn’t pick up on the various fraudulent transactions and now tell me my case is closed cause it’s too hard for them to get information from overseas!!
Wrong person Bank of Sydney to pull this one on!!

TaniaM5S

TaniaM5SSydney

I could write a book about Bank of Sydney's terrible customer service.

Mohammad

MohammadGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Incompetent, stupid, unhelpful and greedy

Do NOT bank with these people unless you like high (rip-off) fees, outdated banking practices, limited customer support on the phone and overall indifference to your needs as a customer. I have lived on 3 different continents and I have honestly never seen or experienced anything like this.

Hmmmm .....not happy!!!

They have just increased my interest rate last week by 0.08 without notifying and only a few months after I refinanced my home loan with them earlier this year. I really hope this will not continue!

Rosemary N

Rosemary NAU

This bank should be more upfront about what they are charging customer. Super slow customer service.

Neil

NeilSydney, NSW

I love this bank

Muzzy

MuzzySydney, NSW

Great interest rate however slow application/settlement process

Applied for a home loan in August 2016.
After 12 weeks of paperwork, delays, poor customer service on BOS behalf we finally locked in a settlement date.
Day before I settlement I receive a phone call to state that ID documents need to be presented at their branch. This could not be done since I was on holidays. Delayed for another week.

Loan has now settled and things are looking more positive. Customer service could still do with some improvement. Although the lady who generally answers the calls has done a fantastic job post settlement.

Rusman Z.

Rusman Z.asked

Refinancing my housing loan with them. How long before they increase the rate?

One question.
Why are you with this mob?
They are so unprofessional and have no clue what’s happening with customers cash when questioned about missing funds and I mean thousands of dollars!!
This is my experience with them now.
Considered a while ago to buy couple investments and obtain finance through them bringing all my money over from couple other banks.
I had no clue what a circus this bank is.
Change to ing . Best service. Best bank.

Nazih R.

Nazih R.asked

Why are you closing Merrylands Branch and leaving Parramatta and the City, where parking is impossible. On the other hand, I hate to see Malak leaving Merrylands, as she must be considered a va

anne a

I’m sorry I don’t Know what’s going on with this so called bank but in my opinion they are closing branches as the are becoming very unpopular with Bad handling of the customers queries and money.
If I were you I’d be going elsewhere as I’m going to do. I can go on and on.

Get an answer from our members and Bank of Sydney representatives