Bank of Sydney

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bank of Sydney

1.5
avi
aviGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Fortunately for BoS, ‘0’ stars is not an option

Theodoros M.
Theodoros M.Sydney, NSW

Maroubra: One of the best Bank of Sydney branches in Oceania.

Congratulations to all the staff of the Bank Of Sydney Maroubra branch. Excellent services.Clear and supportive information.Protecting the clients interests.Great services with big Compliments from me.
The super superb people at the desks,are going above and beyond duty of care,accurate,fast,effective helping customers for best results with accounts,value for their money.God bless them all...
AAAAAA STARS Ratings.

Nigel
Nigel

Improving perhaps, but some way to go.

Contrary to previous reviews, I found their staff to be friendly and easy to talk to in respect of my term deposit. However they seem not to have fixed the telephone service. I could not get through over days of trying. The machine says "There is no one to take your call" and hangs up. If you leave a message, they do not respond to it. You have to communicate via the online message service, to which they did respond promptly. I was able to resolve my problem this way and get my money out, but what about elderly people who rely on phones?

TopicGeneral Transactions
Trent M
Trent MSydney, NSW

Can get money in. Almost impossible to get it out.

Trying to get a term deposit to mature and get the money out. It's proving almost impossible. Numerous direct messages and phone calls with three different people and still the instructions won't be followed. They always need another call or message. It seems a deliberate attempt to stop the money coming out. I no longer trust them and when I get the money out it will never be going back.

Your Help
Your HelpGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Horrible horrible service

Don't get sucked into low interest rates. When you want something done, good luck. For the past three weeks I have been trying to get something done. Sent multiple Secure messages, Numerous calls directly to the branch, numerous calls to their customer service, and numerous calls again to the branch. Everytime they say someone will call me back. Our manager is on annual leave. They have left a message, they will call you urgently. But not one single call. I have sent them at least 5 secure messages via internet banking and not a single reply.
In all honesty, avoid bank of sydney, its just not worth it.

James
JamesSydney, NSW

WARNING: Don't get a Term Deposit with Bank of Sydney

TERM DEPOSIT: They will attract you in with a high interest rate, and then when your Term Deposit matures, they will charge you a $35 fee to withdraw your money and also a percentage of the interest earned unless you withdraw before a particular date. They are a deceitful bank that operates for their own benefit and doesn't care about their customers.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: The customer service with Bank of Sydney is absolutely horrendous. The man I spoke to over the phone was disrespectful, showed no empathy for my situation, and rushed me through what I needed to do without explaining.

Fred
Fred

Dont use their term deposit its to much hassle

Experienced similar problems as another reviewer when trying to close account and move money that had been in a term deposit back to another bank. Also received an arbitary fine of $35 for not transferring money in the "grace period". Then experienced multiple problems with transferring money being forced to use the Mobile app which kept on locking me out. If the bank transferred the money there would be a further charge of $30. When I asked the call centre supervisor could the bank transfer the money but not charge me because of the hassle she explained she didnt have the authority. I have not experinced these kind of problems with the Commonwealth bank.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
abc
abcMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Don't use them

Chose this bank because of competitive rates offered. However layered procedures instigated by the bank without prior notice designed to prevent funds being transferred out upon maturation of term deposits. I would recommend choosing another option

TopicGeneral Transactions
Nick
NickGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Try and set up a term deposit...I dare you!

Was driven to them looking for an advantageous interest rate. Their customer instructions are unclear, emails and sms not easily or accurately identify themselves as the bank. You need to switch between interfaces to authenticate and the two transactions you need are days apart. I tried to call 3 times each time the call dropped out. I finally got through only to be asked to leave a message, I have not yet received a call back. I strongly suggest some customer journey mapping is in desperate need here to fix this broken process. I wont be completing my term deposit now as I have no trust in their process.

Louise
LouiseGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Enter the void

I opened an online term deposit because of their great rates, but accidentally deleted the code to access the online account because I didn't realise it was from them. I have spent a week calling them to get this reset (you can not do this online), but have never got through to a person. The phone either hangs up, does not get connected, or rings to voicemail. I have left 2-3 voicemails as requested and never received a callback. I will not use the term deposit account because I cannot trust their service.

Don't deal with them.

They do not communicate with you. Have a maturing term deposit and they write and say to call them to give instructions. I have called repeatedly and been giving the 'leave your number and we'll get back to you'. Two days and three calls so far. Next step will have to be banking ombudsman.

InnerCityGirl
InnerCityGirlSydney

If I could rate them negative I would...

A friend who owes me money tried to transfer the money to my Westpac account. The money is still not transferred. That was 2.5 YEARS AGO!!! Absolutely PATHETIC! Now I emailed the bank to ask what's going on, they said they'd respond in 24 he's, well that was 3 weeks ago and no response. This bank should be sued.

Sunny Y.
Sunny Y.

Very poor customer service

TeeGox
TeeGoxSydney, NSW

Poor customer service

They never answer their phones. Opened a TD, called all week to do transfers and they closed it only to tell me to do the whole application again. There are better banks out therr

TopicNew Account
JCh
JCh

Worst bank ever

Just joined with BoS and have quickly learnt that their service is the worse of any kind I have ever encountered. The 1300 number rarely answers - 95% of the time takes you to a voicemail service so it is near to impossible to get any answers. I don't understand how this business is even functioning.