4.1

77% · 14943 · 22%

3.5
3.3
Brand Manager for Bank First? Claim your listing.

Please Note: Bank First was previously trading under the name 'Victoria Teachers Mutual Bank'.

Dave
DaveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

Wally
WallyGippsland, VIC3 posts

Shane
ShaneHunter Region, NSW3 posts

Ridiculous wait time on hold with no call back service

Trying to speak to someone is ridiculous. My wait time record is just under an hour. As I write this I've been on hold for 10min with no call back service.
All I want to do is increase my daily limit for transaction!!@
Jack
JackGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC6 posts

Bank Absolutely Last

Absolutely do not bank with Bank First.

I have been a member for my entire adult life, sent them an email to change my home address to get a replacement bank card which was sent to an old address and then was compromised and used by someone else.

Called their helpline who really couldn't care - they send replacement bank cards activated through the mail, a huge and unacceptable security risk in 2024.

Had no reason why they didn't get my email, apparently a "tech fault" that'll get looked at...sure.

They were fantastic when they were VTU but have really dropped the ball as Bank First.

Should change their name to Bank Last because I'll move over to one of the big 4 banks and it'll be the last bank I will ever use again. Show details

Lynn E.
Lynn E.3 posts

Dan
DanCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC5 posts

no service

Terrible, 3 times in last 4 months have waited 45 plus minutes on the phone to deal with a banking issue.
Term deposit online application has been broken and not available for over 4 months
Tried to open a term deposit via other application method...25 minutes to complete forms, then they requested a photo/and drivers/passport licence identification, have been a member for around 40 years.
As if I would give them those personnel details when they cant even answer a telephone.

Really really bad Bank First should be called Bank of Last Resort. Show details

Wendy C.
Wendy C.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC6 posts

Poor service

Tried to log into my online account only to be confronted with a change of banking rules which I had an option ( so I thought) of accepting or declining. After reading new changes I decided declined where upon I was locked out of my account!!! It appears if you do not accept their new proposal you cannot use your online bank account. Very odd. Been with this bank for nearly 20yrs never had such bad service. Show details
Adrian
AdrianGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

A shadow of its former self - Appalling

Wait times to speak to someone, anyone are 1-3 hours as a minimum. Outside of saying they are making changes, recruiting etc, I’ve been hearing this for almost 3 years now.

So many platitudes about commitments to service, but actions (or non actions) speak louder than the constant platitudes shared publicly.

My older in laws literally had to drive to a branch to get a resolution on something.

Not even close to being a bank that prioritises its Members.

Avoid. Show details

LeighGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

The Bank a victim of poor management

The Bank was as many people have stated was a people centric bank, it has probably suffered from lack of investment in its technology and staffing as it competes with the bigger banks. The merger seems to have meant its become the small cousin and has really deteroited you can see the sharks circling as it will end up being swallowed. Show details
James
JamesMelbourne5 posts

Don't waste your time

If you enjoy spending hours on the phone listening to hold messages and not being able to move your own money around, get on board!
Used to be great... now... couldn't review them low enough. Stay away
Ruby L.
Ruby L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

No longer the GREAT VTCU it was

MON. 8 Jan 2024.
Over an hour waiting for 'consultant' to answer phone, while they kept telling me , I could " press 'z', hang up and hold my place in the Q" and they would call me back.
( I've tried that before... they never called me back) ...so no, I do not recommend you take that option.
The Old Credit Union was VERY Customer Centric, with excellent Response times and quality assistance, bur with EVERY name change, the old VTU DISSAPEARS, and a less good model is installed.
Very Sad.
Used to be THE BEST Bank, and I recommended it to everyone.
Now.
Not so much.
I Customer
I Customer

Roger
Roger

If only they would answer

2 days no answer. Obviously not enough staff. Appalling service.
Emma G.
Emma G.Sydney, NSW

Peter
PeterGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A disgrace. Worst card you could have

The Visa Card I was issued by Bank First DOES NOT HAVE RAISED DIGITS. It is 3 years old and all of the printed digits have been wiped. Notified the bank when I received the card and [Name Removed] claimed that this is the new style. Well good luck to anyone who forgets the digits. I have memorised them BUT still shocking!