Bank First

Bank First

4.5

One of the better loan rate and no hidden fees

The process took a bit of time, as I hadn’t banked with Bankfirst before. However it was made a lot easier by the customer service and responsiveness of Julie-Ann.
The rate is one of the better ones I could find online and there doesn’t appear to be any hidden fees for set up or early repayment.
Only thing I would say, is that it would be slightly better if the loan repayments could come out of a different account rather then requiring a bank first account for repayments.

Michael F.

Michael F.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great service and each step was easy to follow

My customer service with Julie-Ann was great! She went above and beyond to walk me through my car loan. I was informed, called and email when items needed to be sent and how quickly they would be processed. She kept in contact throughout the process and made sure I was aware of anything she was doing.

Bel

BelKimberley, WA

Great customer service and support.

I received top level service from Julie-Ann. Everything I needed was handled quickly and everything went very smoothly. Appreciated speaking with one person throughout the process. Fantastic support and well informed about each stage of my loan.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2021

Getting a credit card

I had a very good experience of getting a credit card. Julie-Ann was extremely helpful - explaining everything clearly, sending information through email, following up and keeping in contact. The process was very easy because of her work.

Car Loan

I had a very good experience getting my car loan with the help of Julie-Ann. It all went well and I was well informed all the way through the process.

Loan Start DateJanuary 2021

Lack of knowledge and abysmal customer service

Loan used forFirst Home
Paul M.

Paul M.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

No care, No responsibility

Reading their terms and conditions this bank says it is not liable for anything that goes wrong even if it is their fault. They did not process a payment that I set up and it cost me greatly. I will be looking for a bank that actually takes responsibility for their services.

Car Loan: Great service.

Thanks to Julie-Ann for looking after my car loan. Everything we smoothly and I was well informed and looked after. The process went quickly and I'm very happy with my service.
Thanks Again,
James

Loan Start DateDecember 2020
AND

ANDGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great experience, excellent customer service

I am with the bank for three years now. The customer service is excellent. Overall experience with the bank is very smooth. It's very clear and transparent. The mobile app and the online banking is very easy and user friendly. Whenever I emailed or called them, I always received a prompt response and the approach was always friendly and helpful.

Cassie and Alex

Cassie and AlexCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Outstanding experience

Rahul made the experience of selling and buying a home less stressful due to his reassurance, guidance, knowledge and professionalism. He was always easy to make contact with and completed all our requests promptly. Rahul and Bankfirst have been very supportive and impressive to deal with. Thanks heaps.
Cassie and Alex

Loan used forSecond Home
Annie

AnnieCentral highlands

Excellent customer service

Very happy that the loan does not have extra fees included. Also nice to have a rate reduction for being green!
The process was fairly straightforward all completed by phone and email. My consultant was knowledgeable, available and very patient with my questions.

Loan TypeVariable Rate

This is perfect! Can’t live without it

Customer service was great! Very happy with this loan, no extra costs for anything that I wasn’t aware of. Thought I was very well looked after the whole way through

Loan Start DateJuly 2020
Brendan Matthys

Brendan MatthysGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Above and beyond service and level of care

I applied for my first loan and all the consultants I spoke to were very non-partial and extremely helpful. It was made obvious to me that the staff at Bank First really do care about their customers by the way I was treated, in that more than what was required was requested in order to cover my back in case of any kind of legal issues later on down the road. My parents have been with Bank First for as long as I can remember (back when they were Victorian Teachers Credit Union) and now, as an adult, I can see exactly why. I couldn't rate this bank more highly.

Loan Start DateJuly 2020
Jemima

JemimaGippsland, VIC

Fantastic service

After initial issues with entry level customer service, my experience with senior lending specialist Rahul was gold class. He was knowledgeable, thorough, prompt and customer focused. His assistance with my complex situation made my loan application experience so much easier. Product details were thoroughly explained and Rahul assisted with calculating the short and long term implications of various scenarios for my situation to help me make the best choice with a loan product. Excellent customer service and highly recommend.

Loan Start DateJune 2020
frank

frank

bankfirst or last?

I was interested in their credit card product with BT, so I requested more information online to speak with CS, since at this time it's almost impossible to speak to CS without long wait, which is understandable. It took a week for someone to finally call me. Since I prefer not to apply online, I requested application form to be emailed to me, and she (CS) said they would do. It's been one week and haven't heard anything from them. I don't think it'd take a week to find and send form by email? Thanks for giving me upfront 'warning' not to trust your bank or maybe they cherrypick and think I'm not worthed customer.

Lisa

Lisa

Fantastic service

I have been with this bank for many years and over the last three weeks I received nothing but the best service for my loan application. The professionalism, calmness and efficient service I received was outstanding. My questions were answered thoroughly and with a great amount of patience. All correspondence was timely and exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend this bank to anyone. Extremely happy with everything. Thank you Bank First!

Loan Start DateJune 2020

Exceptional service with customer at heart ! :)

Every bank talks about providing service but for me simple things matter the most. For eg. you will always have the BankFirst's phone number displayed when they call you which gives me such a peace of mind knowing who am talking to compared to other banks I've dealt with coming up as 'Private Number' !

The solutions the lending specialists offered me were so great understanding and taking into account my circumstance and factoring in the associated costs. This is consistent with all the staff I've dealt with.

Thank You for the outstanding service team BankFirst ! :)

Graeme

GraemeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bank First Credit Card Issue

megahertz

megahertzGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

There are better banks out there

Loan TypeLine of Credit

I am shocked they have overall good reviews...