Bank First

Bank First

4.2

186 reviews · Statistics

81% · 15035 · 19%

Brand Manager for Bank First? Claim your listing.

Please Note: Bank First was previously trading under the name 'Victoria Teachers Mutual Bank'.

See the Best Banks in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Adrian
AdrianVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC7 posts

A shadow of its former self - Appalling

Wait times to speak to someone, anyone are 1-3 hours as a minimum. Outside of saying they are making changes, recruiting etc, I’ve been hearing this for almost 3 years now.

So many platitudes about commitments to service, but actions (or non actions) speak louder than the constant platitudes shared publicly.

My older in laws literally had to drive to a branch to get a resolution on something.

Not even close to being a bank that prioritises its Members.

Avoid. Show details

LeighVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

The Bank a victim of poor management

The Bank was as many people have stated was a people centric bank, it has probably suffered from lack of investment in its technology and staffing as it competes with the bigger banks. The merger seems to have meant its become the small cousin and has really deteroited you can see the sharks circling as it will end up being swallowed. Show details
James
JamesMelbourne5 posts

Don't waste your time

If you enjoy spending hours on the phone listening to hold messages and not being able to move your own money around, get on board!
Used to be great... now... couldn't review them low enough. Stay away
Ruby L.
Ruby L.VICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC2 posts

No longer the GREAT VTCU it was

MON. 8 Jan 2024.
Over an hour waiting for 'consultant' to answer phone, while they kept telling me , I could " press 'z', hang up and hold my place in the Q" and they would call me back.
( I've tried that before... they never called me back) ...so no, I do not recommend you take that option.
The Old Credit Union was VERY Customer Centric, with excellent Response times and quality assistance, bur with EVERY name change, the old VTU DISSAPEARS, and a less good model is installed.
Very Sad.
Used to be THE BEST Bank, and I recommended it to everyone.
Now.
Not so much.
I Customer
I Customer

Roger
Roger

If only they would answer

2 days no answer. Obviously not enough staff. Appalling service.
Emma G.
Emma G.NSWSydney, NSW

Peter
PeterVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

A disgrace. Worst card you could have

The Visa Card I was issued by Bank First DOES NOT HAVE RAISED DIGITS. It is 3 years old and all of the printed digits have been wiped. Notified the bank when I received the card and [Name Removed] claimed that this is the new style. Well good luck to anyone who forgets the digits. I have memorised them BUT still shocking!
Genuine reviewVICGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC4 posts

Monty
MontyVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC2 posts

Poor banking

Worst bank took 45 days to close my credit card and issue me a closure letter. Show details
Phil LVICGippsland, VIC13 posts

Excellent banking service

Joined in the 80s when graduating from uni. Excellent service since with on-line and occasionally when I needed to speak to someone. Financial planning service suggestion was to take out an investment loan which seemed a bit self-serving but it helped to understand this option. Show details
Herbie
Herbiecomservmaint@gmail.com9 posts

Excellent service no fuss bank

I also joined this bank as a techer when it was Teachers Mutual. I introduced my partner to them also. Both of us have had nothing but consistent, friendly service from these folk. I have travelled OS on a number of occasions and when a sus transaction has come up, they are quickly onto it and are straightforward in their comms via email whic really helps when you are faced with high costs via a roaming phone. We wish they had a facility to host our SMSF cash account but sadly not. We couldn't say enough good things about them to be frank... Show details
Andrea H.
Andrea H.VICWestern District, VIC3 posts

MumOf1QLD43 posts

Love Bank First

We obtained our mortgage using a broker through Bank First. Through the broker, the process was seamless for both pre-approval and settlement. In fact, our final finance approval was approved within 2 days of signing the contract! The customer service has been great. It would be great if we could link a second offset account to our mortgage, but I’m not complaining, and hopeful it’ll come in the future. I’d highly recommend Bank First Show details
cjheal
cjhealVICGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC4 posts

Terrible and unethical service by Ashley Hood the COO

I had business dealings with Bank First’s Chief Operations Officer Ashley Hood, I found him to be the most unscrupulous individual I have ever encountered in the banking sector. After giving me his word on a deal not once, but twice, he then reneged citing personal reasons for this. I was left in financial crisis as a result of his deceitful behaviour.