Bank of Melbourne

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bank of Melbourne? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Aka
Aka

I would love to give them a ZERO

Again just an advise to anyone wants to approach this Bank DON'T they don't care about thier customers all they care about is your money regardless I recently sent a question to thier CEO and as I have expected no answer. I know people will ask why I am still with them unfortunately I have two years locked home loan which believe me once I am done I will be out and will never touch anything to do with this organization Westpac being the prim offender they do things behind your back and I can prove every word I am writing.
Wael

TopicGeneral Transactions
Frank
FrankMelbourne

Severely incompetent, Don't service the loan you are paying for.

DVDS19
DVDS19

Worst online banking and fee traps

This bank has the worst facilities of any bank I’ve ever been with, once my card is paid off I’m never dealing with this bank again.

Took me nearly 4 years to get access to my online banking for more than a week at a time making it impossible to keep up with credit and banking.
Hundreds in fees charged with no notification with terrible customer service agents that are so boxed into a 1 fit solution that they struggle to understand the concept of out of the box problems.

Rippppp offffffffff

annoyed
annoyedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If I could give zero I would

BOM don’t understand customer service at all, just got a loan that had a $4k sign on bonus, they then charge $395 as contract admin, fair enough, but then take 60 days to give the $4k and in the meantime charge interest at $4 a fortnight, talk about a terrible first experience and then when I call to say wth I get attitude from customer service. Thanks for not much, the customer service person told me 60 days to transfer $4k, you processed an entire loan in 20 days - what a joke. Pathetic.

TopicLoan Application and New Account

adikesh s.
adikesh s.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst customer service ever...

Been with BOM for last 5 years, worst customer service ever from business banking. Took total of more then 12 hours on phone just for signing up for EFTPOS machine and finally got someone to talk to then tells me will take another 20 days for processing...atleast withdrew all my money n went to different bank...

Cynthia
CynthiaMelbourne

Terrible customer service

Just try to open everyday account. It is terrible long process and customer service. The lady did not helpful and can not understand basic info. Attitude is bad too and never will use it again.

Alex
AlexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Card re-issue problems

I lost my debit card . Rang them to issue a new card. After 3 weeks still no card… Called again and spoke to another person… They could not find anything about a new card request. Said they will put a new request in and I should get it in 7 days. It is now 1 month and still no card… We are closing all our account and moving to a different bank. Useless …

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Jo
Jo

Brought me to my knees dealing with the call centre. Utter despair

4 phone calls over 2 hours to try and understand a withdrawal on my account. I was cut off twice transferred to the wrong section and dealt with people who could not answer my question. I was told me different answers to the question I was asking. I don't believe any of them

No Custmer service at Carigieburn central branch she is very rude

Three time been in bank to open account
The way she treats me That she have no sense of customer service I think she need more training for customer service point

Amanda K.
Amanda K.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

If you want delays and rude staff choose this bank

Been with bank of Melbourne for only 3 months and have had to speak to them twice about delaying deposits. Staff are unhelpful,unfriendly,and will lie to you to cover up there mistakes.AVOID

Vipin K
Vipin KAU

Terrible Insurance Provider!!!

Terrible experience overall. Increased insurance premiums by over $10 per month out of nowhere and definitely Budgetdirect and other providers offer a lot more for less.

Wait times to connect to them on the phone will just be never-ending. Waiting for over an hour and still, no one to address my call.

Kevin Hu
Kevin HuGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Property Insurance Claim experience

Claim online, but no confirmation after more than 10 days although the confirmation message shows that I will be in contact within 48 hours. And the call center is super hard to connect.
And when auto renew, the premium may increase more than 10%.

Very disappointed & I'm leaving after 30 years

Tim T
Tim TMelbourne

Avoid!!! Everything is bad about this bank. Like, EVERYTHING.

JustMe
JustMeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dreadful!!!

Bank of Melbourne really need to get their IT issues sorted. I've never in my life had a bank that is constantly "down for maintenance" or "system unavailable". So many times when I am unable to access my own money due to their incompetence!
AVOID AVOID AVOID!!

TopicGeneral Transactions

Ella Gokhmark
Ella Gokhmarkasked
Bank of Melbourne

Hi. We have an existing Home and Contents insurance policy with Bank of Melbourne (insurer: Allianz) and need to explore our excess options as well as to make minor adjustments to the property details. We have called 13 22 66 spending up to 20 minutes on the phone on two occasions, and both times there was no answer. A week ago we also sent an email to customerservice@allianz.com.au and haven't heard back.
I believe we made a reasonable effort to get in touch with the provider/insurer. Can we please ask that Allianz or Bank of Melbourne representative contact us on 0404 002 356 with regards to this? Our policy is expiring on 4 March 2022, so a prompt response will be greatly appreciated. (Sending a copy to Allianz).

Sammii
Sammiiasked
Bank of Melbourne

Hi i transferd money from my old account (nab) to my new account bank of melbourne on sunday 11th feb 18 and its now monday 12th feb at 10pm and still nothing how long does it take normally to get money in your bank of melb account because this is pathetic

Anne Pearse
Anne Pearse
trompfy
trompfy

I am not sure but I would recommend going to Westpac and opening a Westpac Choice Account and a Westpac eSaver account since you get better interest on those accounts.