Online, Branches

Fedelta L.

Fedelta L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

ffs freaking not happy

went to deposit funds in the atm last night. the buttons on the atm were not working. it ate my card and took the funds. tried to call them only to find they don't have an after-hours number. called today and after 38 minutes on hold listening to justin bieber i hung the hell up. useless bank. they don't give a damn about the customers.

Steve V

Steve VGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bank of Melbourne - A blight on westpac's portfolio

lakmini w.

lakmini w.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Worst bank I have seen entire my life

I am trying to settle my home loan over a month now and still struggling to get it done. BOM has the worst customer service. I have to wait at least 30 minutes to get the line even after they will happily give you a NO UPDATE. Don’t even think to go with BOM it will waste your time and money. They doesn’t care about your needs. You will be helpless. WORST BANK.

Han G.

Han G.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible Experience with Home Loan Application

They made difficulties to me when processing the fully approval which caused a late settlement and a late settlement fee of $495. And at the time I’m writing this review, they are still holding my first home owner grant which SRO has paid to them 10 days ago! My broker is very diligent and called them hundreds of times every day. But these guys are just very hard to reach to. I would recommend people to avoid this bank if you have other home loan choices.

Ciel V.

Ciel V.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Best Bank By Far!

I have been with this bank for only a short time now after switching from Commonwealth (AKA the worst financial institution known to mankind) and I have to say that it was a great decision, and I have zero regrets since! The customer service is top notch on the few occasions I have had to call, the branches are clean and well-maintained (take notes CommBank!) and the fees upon fees I was accustomed to before are nonexistent. Very reasonable and competitive rates. It's also cool how they support many local ventures in Melbourne, like the new arts precinct for instance. Just overall a great bank, don't hesitate to switch!

Dissatisfied

DissatisfiedGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst bank - Bank of Melbourne, St George, Westpac

Dee

DeeSouthwest, VIC

Still waiting 3 weeks after approval

I wish I had seen all these reviews before applying to refinance with the Bank Of Melbourne. I went through a broker and bedazzled by rates & cash bank incentives. The application took 3 months to get approved. They kept asking for the same documents over and over, that I had already provided. Even after approval they were still asking for more documents. It's been over 3 weeks since I had full approval and I have zero idea as to when I will get my money. There has been no communication (expect asking for more documents) as to when settlement might be? Is it too late to find another bank? They are not even worth the one star. It has been quiet stressful and I have had to put my renovation on hold as who only knows when I will get the money?

David G.

David G.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

very slow service

Very slow processing payments from my bank using b pay to BOM credit card. Made payment March 31st still waiting today April 7th to be processed. Other multiple financial companies can process my payments with in 24 hours. Not good enough BOM . They say payments will always be processed in a timely manner. Never happens.

Excellent customer service at Narre Warren branch in Fountain Gate

Renas Ismail assisted me recently with my travellers card issue. She was polite, resourceful, respectful! Renas listened carefully, looked and try to work out the issue on my mobile phone and even contacted a colleague for help!
Excellent customer service!
Thank you Renas!

Milan Stajic

Milan StajicOfficer

Andrew Clarke from BOM Knox. is disgrace

He Avoided my phone calls and emails. I clearly stated if he is busy and he can’t look into it I am happy to take it elsewhere. He assured me it’s going to be fine. I am long term BOM customer been with them from the start. I have multiple loans with them and just wanted to refinance one due to separation. Totally unprofessional and rude person.
Will move all my business to other bank.

Ian

IanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Non-existent customer support

Have recently been approved of a home loan through a broker. Took ages for the loan docs to come through and extended settlement more than 3 times. Tried to call number they provide only to be told It wasnt BOM and got forwarded. Waited for almost half an hour only for the line to be cut off. Avoid at all costs.

imp

impGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Personal banking support staff require training

George

George Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Absolute dead beats, worst service in every aspect.

I will never in my life do business with bank of Melbourne again. My previous home loan with CBA was approved in 3 days. Bank of Melbourne spent over a month and still couldn’t have it done in time to meet my finance clause on my new property. 3 extensions to the finance clause and they couldn’t care less that they’re messing with peoples lives. The final extension was due on Monday, they waited until 3:30 on the Friday beforehand to call and request a closing statement for my previous home loan which will take up to 3 days to get! There isn’t enough space in these columns for me to write down all my complaints just don’t even waste your time. Go literally anywhere else

Ben

Ben

Variable rates that do not drop

Home loan variable rate is 0.5% above what their new customer rate is online. Just get the ring around when asking for them to match that rate. Hoping to pay it of asap so I never have to deal with these charlatans again.

Sogand Ebrahimi

Sogand EbrahimiVictoria

Best experience and best service

We have got 3 loans with bank of Melbourne and always happy with them. never had any problems, recently purchased a house and Benjamin (the lending manager) was really helpful and caring , we had no drama. easy we got the loan, he really did his bets and just wanted say a big thank you to him.
I have been bank of Melbourne customer for years and never had any bad experiences.
very helpful

Hulaschmula

HulaschmulaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Successful dispute

After being swindled by a company that went into liquidation, Bank Of Melbourne pursued them and remunerated the amount that was owing to me. I cannot thank them enough, amazing due diligence.

michael78perth

michael78perthPerth, WA

Terrible bank, just when you couldn't find the bottom of the barrel BoM is here

Daniel B.

Daniel B.Southwest, VIC

Worst experience I have ever had

I have never dealt with an organisation who just make things up as they go along. I would have sent over 100 documents and emails that where requested over three month period. We missed settlement twice and where fined due to this. The loan was rejected on the second month unless we handed our personal property over to them. We where in too far and where held to ransom to be able to get this over the line. I would strongly stongly recommend to stay far away from this bank. The minute this settles will be the minute I seek another lender.

Anna

AnnaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Applied for a home loan 3 months ago and they still haven't reviewed the application

We made a deposit on a house and signed a contract. The bank of Melbourne kept delaying our application. has taken them about 3 months to just review the application. everytime we called they said you will hear something from us in 24 hours then weeks past and nothing. We lost the property as well as our deposit due to their incompetencies. Save your money and dignity and do not go with this bank.

John smith

John smith

Bank of melbourn poor service is disgusting.

I am a long time customer of bank of melbourne, ive had enough of the poor service and not being told the facts. Last week i spent half a day just looking for an email address to contact them, after a long phone call they gave me an email address that was incorrect. They just make it too hard to be a customer while while having a bios that all customers are trying to do the wrong thing. Im very dissapointed.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Sammii

Sammiiasked

Bank of Melbourne

Hi i transferd money from my old account (nab) to my new account bank of melbourne on sunday 11th feb 18 and its now monday 12th feb at 10pm and still nothing how long does it take normally to get money in your bank of melb account because this is pathetic

Anne Pearse
Anne Pearse

Make sure all your details are in, even you date of birth, who you have loved in your life, who you have met on trains, where you have lived, & who with, whatever you can think of, even if you dye your hair...... They are so fanatical, it's mad.....&.. YOU have to tell them, THEY DON'T ASK You!! They are so protective of themselves, they want to know what brand knickers you are wearing, & when you last washed them.............. Is all that safe? Not always, I'm still waiting! 2wks Late already! Grrrrrr!!!!! Take a list of this with the answers, as they DO NOT ASK YOU!!! GRRR! But, end of the day, the Staff are nice... It's their idiotic system, They should have a list of queries too!

trompfy
trompfy

I am not sure but I would recommend going to Westpac and opening a Westpac Choice Account and a Westpac eSaver account since you get better interest on those accounts.