Branches, Online

TopicLoan Application and New Account

Best Customer Service and Friendly Staff

GOOSEGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great Bank

I mostly use Karingal branch and Springvale or Parkmore and every time I walk in always great service but mostly Karingal branch from day one back in 2008 with our house approved then for our second hand car only 4% and just recently 3 years on our house at 2.28 we walk in and all papers ready to sign was great and all the staff very helpful.

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
GOOSE

Never hardly any waiting time service straight away thank you to all the staff at Karingal and the bank of Melbourne.

CustomerFirst

CustomerFirstGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Home Loan process is really bad and error prone

I had refinanced from NAB to Bank of Melbourne since Feb 2020 based on the advice of a NPFS mortgage consultant, the overall loan process then was smooth. However the recent loan application handling has been really shabby and painful where they double deposited the loan amount to me, withdrew it, did not close the previous loan and worse after all the rectification after I had called out they messed up my offset account to normal transaction account thus increase in my repayment fee. Yet there has been no apologies who call from Bank about the trouble, really bad customer experience. I will immediately change the loan once the fixed deposit tenure ends or if other bank can offer better deal.

Great Service at BOM Caroline Spring

I am with the bank for a while. Every staff is friendly, always smile greeting to you when you walk in the branch. I was served by Rebecca who is extremely kind and helpful with all my queries and concerns.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Cat fan

Cat fantorquay

Utterly random credit card pick-up and activation procedure

TopicCredit Card Application
Anster

AnsterAU

IVANHOE Bank of Melb in the best position in Ivanhoe, moved from ANZ and Westpac to this branch. efficient and helpful

Found Bank Of Melbourne Ivanhoe to be one of the best and efficient branch ever. Moved my account from Westpac and ANZ that are old and dark to this great branch,
Helpful staff that go out of their way. Pity its temporarily closed due to Covid but once things get to normal will start going back. This Branch is helpful, clean and efficient in a great position.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account
elly concepcion

elly concepcionGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Scammed and still chasing since June 2020

I'm over 10 years with this bank. In June 2020, I get scammed and received a message if I authorized a $246+ debit and said no. They locked my card but somehow still paid the scammer + the dollar exchange cost. I been chasing since and to date nothing happens. I 've been passed around and this covid is not helping as other government offices who deals with my situation are either closed or less people.

Other Banks
86 400
3.6
RedPenVandal

RedPenVandalCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Terrible bank to deal with

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application

Ckp

CkpGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

DO NOT approach for online home loan application at all

Jimmy

JimmyPerth, WA

One of the worst bank i have ever dealt with

TopicCredit Card Application
Vijay N.

Vijay N.

Non Existent Customer Service

A simple refinance to parent bank Westpac has taken more than 5 months and is still not completed. Even lodging a complaint gets you nothing but lip service. Requested a statement of interest for an another loan that had just been discharged, and was told they can only send them by post or to a branch. 5 - 7 working days. Seriously in this day an age? Most other banks can just email these out immediately.

They are simply not interested. The sheer number of 1 star reviews says it all.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
Patrick

PatrickGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

If i could give no stars i would! Worst bank ever!

Worst bank in the history of Australia! They closed all my accounts without a shadow of an explanation as to why. They sent me 30 notice and tried calling them religiously to ask for an explanation and maybe a review/reversal, no call back at all. Extremely rude and useless! Imagine how hard it is to replace all your direct debits, credits, credit cards etc stripped away just like that without even an explanation or a chance for their decision to be reviewed. After banking with them for 5 years you dont even get a call back. All y'all stay away from this bank!!!

TopicGeneral Transactions

Terrible service, rude and no consistent information

Tonia D.

Tonia D.

Staff so incompetent you couldn’t make it up

Took so long to process my loan that I almost lost my holding deposit. Then I paid off my loan early. Account was removed from my APP so thought all Ok. Now trying to purchase another car but the account was closed incorrectly so they cant provide anything to give to my new lender. It’s been escalated but they tell me it could be weeks to sort out. Thanks for nothing.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

James

JamesGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Quite Possibly the Worst Bank in the World

This bank is so bad it is laughable. They honestly could not stuff up more if they tried. Painfully slow to process anything and when they do, 99.9% of the time it will be full of mistakes. Avoid at all costs and look elsewhere.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and Loan Application
Tara

TaraCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Zero stars if I could- Worst bank ever, no such thing as customer service at Bank of Melbourne

Salman S.

Salman S.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Secure code will never sent to you...

I am banking with BoM for a number of years .. actually this bank is my saving dock.

The biggest problem is when you want to make transaction to a new payee.. they never send you the secure code by any of the two methods (SMS and phone call) they offer. Because I re-ordered secure code, my account was suspended twice. had to go through id verification twice each took 25 mins

This means that I had to pay late payment fees and have no access to my fund when is most needed, absolute unreliableness.

ExNABie

ExNABieMelbourne

Seems like it's getting longer to process transactions to your own different account

It used to be no longer than one business day for BPay . It's now 2-3 business days to process BPay transactions to your own different account with another bank. Covid-19 has definitely affected the productivity on bank employees sadly!
EDIT - I received the credit the next business day itself and thought I should give them the due credit . Had I not been on top of this would have taken 2-3 days for sure

TRad

TRadGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fraudulent transactions process

Recently someone fraudulently purchased items using my visa debit card. The bank stated it would be 21 days before i receive an investigation number and then up to 45 days before i would see my money if they deemed it was fraud.
The purchased items were still pending when i stopped the card. I bet it would be different if it was the banks money!!!

Sammii

Sammiiasked

Bank of Melbourne

Hi i transferd money from my old account (nab) to my new account bank of melbourne on sunday 11th feb 18 and its now monday 12th feb at 10pm and still nothing how long does it take normally to get money in your bank of melb account because this is pathetic

Anne Pearse
Anne Pearse

Make sure all your details are in, even you date of birth, who you have loved in your life, who you have met on trains, where you have lived, & who with, whatever you can think of, even if you dye your hair...... They are so fanatical, it's mad.....&.. YOU have to tell them, THEY DON'T ASK You!! They are so protective of themselves, they want to know what brand knickers you are wearing, & when you last washed them.............. Is all that safe? Not always, I'm still waiting! 2wks Late already! Grrrrrr!!!!! Take a list of this with the answers, as they DO NOT ASK YOU!!! GRRR! But, end of the day, the Staff are nice... It's their idiotic system, They should have a list of queries too!

trompfy
trompfy

I am not sure but I would recommend going to Westpac and opening a Westpac Choice Account and a Westpac eSaver account since you get better interest on those accounts.

Other Banks