Bank of Melbourne

Bank of Melbourne

Branches, Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Can't build without selling your house first?

Have been a previous customer many years ago, and currently hand land and our house with another bank, looking to build on the land, and then once completed, then move in and sell current house. Bank of Melbourne says we have to put our current house on the market when we apply for construction loan, even though we have 12 months to sell. We don't want to do this as we would be paying rent and storage costs if our house sells quickly! We only want to move once! They don't tell you this on their website, and their rates are higher than others also, I thought being a previous customer would count. as we had a good record with them before!

Samantha

SamanthaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Dont finance your car with bank of melbourne

Two months we couldnt pay due to financial hardship they failed to inform us that we still need to pay interest for those two months. They let us incur debt over 2 years without letting us know we owed them anything where is the banks responsibility to inform the customer that money is owed. Very poor customer service do not get finance from them. They do not care if you get bad credit!

Manoj

ManojGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

poorest level of service to date for the 2nd time in recent times.

Phone call to Card services Tim that was put on hold on 1/10/2019 and never got back.
Disappointing service.
Never heard of this kind of service anywhere in the world from anyone

TopicNew Account
Ante P.

Ante P.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

JASON PHAN ,Glen Waverley Branch,Glen Shopping center 3150

Jason Phan, lending manager at the Glen Waverley Branch ,Glen Shopping centre 3150 , is a young man who has given me back my faith in big banks . His professional approach to solving complicated problems in a simple process has fascinated me. I was seeking an investment loan that I knew was drawing a lot of energy, but from the beginning of the process I had a good feeling that Jason knew what he was doing and was 100% focused on the job. The process of getting the loan took a while, but thanks to Jason, everything was fine from start to the settlement . BOM ,you need more people like Jason Phan, ranging from relationships with people to professionalism in doing your job.
Jason Phan , big Thank you

Ante P.

shahidmahmud

shahidmahmud

half star service

Been with BOM for around 4 years with home loan and business account. Just at the beginning when I applied for he home loan the bank lost my signed application(unbelievable)
Normally visit BOM Pacific werribee branch never ever have been helpful. You have to see a specialist on some other day because no one knows how to even open a business account.
Apart from that they keep on closing branches.
I love saying BOM because it is a bomb!!!

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

abc1213

abc1213Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst Credit Card services

The home loan rate is great, the debit card system is all good, but when it comes to credit card, its ridiculous. My partner is the prime credit card holder, we ordered a secondary credit card for myself. The first time, it took over 1 and a half month to send through the credit card to my postal address. Then the chip was not working, so I called up again to order the replacement card for myself. They advised me it was going to take 5-7 business days, I had been waiting for nearly two weeks, and still not received any cards yet........

Craig

CraigVictoria

Longest waiting times of any bank

It takes and extra day for your wages or other deposits to actually turn up in your account than any other bank. I took this to the ombudsman and bank of Melbourne replied saying they received my money on a Friday (a day later than any other bank) and that’s when it showed on my account. Yet my statement always said it was available on a Thursday. Bank of Melbourne stated that it showed on statement as being available in a Thursday for taxation purposes? This was ok to the ombudsman aswell.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Worst service

TopicGeneral Transactions

Worst Banking System

Have recently paid off the partial variable home loan 6 months ago with the 'complete freedom offset' package. The home loan account was down to zero and nothing to be offset. We anticipated this account will be closed automatically as we paid off the acct and leave it as it is due to an on-going fixed home loan with this bank. The bank asked to pay $395 annual fee for the offset package and I disagreed with the payment. The bank didn't provide us with any notification regarding the cancellation of the offset acct so that we don't need to pay $395 for anything! The worst one is they charged the payment directly through the offset account without giving us any notification again! Never recommend this bank.

Nicholas

Worst. Mortgage. Experience. Ever

Prasanna

PrasannaMelbourne

Worst experience

Had a terrible experience, went for personal loan and requested not to do credit check and requested to let me know the borrowing capacity, seems like the the person has not much knowledge about the product and processed my application. I lost credit score because of the bank negligence and I have not authorised the bank to do my credit check. I request to remove the credit check as I have not signed any document to process my application. Please be aware and get some in written before applying. I will lodge a case against bank of melbourne.

Cat

CatGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Housing Loan Application - so much stuff around

I applied for a housing loan. So much stuff around. It took almost three months and then finally rejected. Had to update payslips every two weeks. Had to update bank statements and credit cards. Dropped credit card limits to meet their guidelines. Think they only advertise the cheapest interest rate to suck you in and then only accept a certain percentage. I was not a risk and paid my two credit cards off every month. It should not take that long to accept a loan. Ended up being approved with another bank as the same rate within two weeks. Bad service

Graham

GrahamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Treated badly with our home loan when things got tight.

Mary

MaryWerribee

The staff in Werribee is not honest

I have a Cheque $500. and I went to the Werribee branch to deposit. There was a lady who deposited for me and after I check on the my internet banking all done. And after 3 days later, I saw in my internet banking took out $500. But I did not why and then I went to The Bank of Melbourne Werribee branch again and I told to that lady and she said: that my cheque is personal so it could be in my business account.Then I asked her refund my cheque for me. You guys know where did she save my cheque. She put in her bag. If I did not know about that cheque maybe she took it for Herself already. That’s why I changed my bank

TopicBusiness Banking

lucas B.

WHERE DO I BEGIN

Rusty

RustyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Hide behind branding, they are really st george

This company hides behind the st george and Westpac mask. They are extremely incompetent and love to charge unnecessary fees. They have also recently entered the casino business of insurance. Deadset flogs

San

SanGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Refinancing

Thanks Bank of Melbourne mortgage team,specially mortage specialist Lim Alfrad.I would recommended this bank for your home loan or refinancing .Mortgage specialist who has handled my loan was very helpful and showed his professional skills.

Ex Staff overall very appreciate

I have been with Bank of Melbourne from Dec 2012 to July 2015, intern since Uni to full time staff. BoM had gave me an opportunity that not many other banks were willing to. Me and My team work very hard to make two branches into No.1 in the state. Overall I would say we get a lot of support from our managers. It is a smaller bank, less bureaucracy than Big Fours. Some conflicts are unavoidable. But I really appreciate my team and my bosses.

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Sammii

Sammiiasked

Hi i transferd money from my old account (nab) to my new account bank of melbourne on sunday 11th feb 18 and its now monday 12th feb at 10pm and still nothing how long does it take normally to get money in your bank of melb account because this is pathetic

Anne Pearse
Anne Pearse

Make sure all your details are in, even you date of birth, who you have loved in your life, who you have met on trains, where you have lived, & who with, whatever you can think of, even if you dye your hair...... They are so fanatical, it's mad.....&.. YOU have to tell them, THEY DON'T ASK You!! They are so protective of themselves, they want to know what brand knickers you are wearing, & when you last washed them.............. Is all that safe? Not always, I'm still waiting! 2wks Late already! Grrrrrr!!!!! Take a list of this with the answers, as they DO NOT ASK YOU!!! GRRR! But, end of the day, the Staff are nice... It's their idiotic system, They should have a list of queries too!

trompfy
trompfy

I am not sure but I would recommend going to Westpac and opening a Westpac Choice Account and a Westpac eSaver account since you get better interest on those accounts.

Get an answer from our members and Bank of Melbourne representatives