Bank of Queensland

Bank of Queensland

Online, Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Davey J.

Davey J.South East Queensland, QLD

A bank that does not believe their customers

Georgie

Georgie

Nightmare

The only reason I am with them is because this was the bank my parents opened out an account for me with back when I was a child.
Their app is the worst app I have ever used. Constantly not working.
They charge mad amounts for international transfers and account fees.
They have constant issues with direct debits, and will block transfers into my account regularly for no reason. I am switching as a result.

Lisa J

Lisa JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Backwards Bank..

BOQ are soooooooo slow processing anything- it takes forever for payments to go through..

So unless you like living in the dark ages don't use BOQ

Online is useless, you end up needing to physically go in to the bank for everything..

Fiona

FionaSydney, NSW

Very outdated & terrible customer service

Ross Clark

Ross ClarkPerth

This bank is descending into chaos, just like their share price

I have been a BOQ customer and shareholder, for many years. Over the last 12 to 18 months their online service has gone to terrible, and their business is getting worse, just like their share price. While I like my local branch, their push this button, push that button, wait we are really busy routine, a complete failure and a reflection on not wanting to listen. Well I will sell my shares once they stop eroding in value and I will kick them down the road shortly. Local branch is 10 out of 10, their online phone support is a zero out of 10..Wake up to yourselves, and stop trying to price gauge my credit card with made up fees.

OMG Shocking Customer Service

These guys honestly, wait on hold for 40 minutes and have to hang up. Speak to someone regarding transferring money OS and they say it costs the same as a normal transfer and then get slugged $20. Then get a charge back and they keep the $20. Shocking, will be shifting my bank.

Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible customer service

Opened a savings account for my wife. Received some details via email but not enought o start transactions. Rang boq with my wife and asked to set up internet banking on the account. The operator would not deal with us because I was there. Blatantly would not help us because I was ytalking as well as my wife. We dont evn have any money in the account yet. Very poor customer service.

Shane B.

Shane B.Perth, WA

Absolutely the WORST bank I have ever dealt with

The customer support team were absolutely shocking; they were rude, insulting and had the audacity to tell me "they are not willing to help me as they do not believe I am the legal account holder." I am totally disgusted with the bank's conduct, am a BRAND NEW customer and am considering closing ALL accounts I hold with the bank.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Discussed

Discussed

Burleigh heads branch

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application

anfeldNorth Queensland, QLD

Worst service ever

BOQ is possibly the worst bank I have had the misfortune to deal with. They don't know their own products. They can't assist you when you have an issue with making an online purchase. At least they are helping me keep my money in my pocket as I can't use my card for any purchases. If I could give them less than one star I would. Absolutely useless. The banking commission should be looking at their shoddy service.

Matt

Matt

Sending me junk mail from previous tenant from over a year ago

Bank of Queensland sends me junk mail from a tenant that moved out over a year ago. I have notified BOQ about this but they want me to take time off work to do free work for them returning to sender. Absolutely disgraceful company.

Awful Organization

TopicNew Account

A total pain in the a#$ to get anything done online

A total pain in the a#$ to get anything done online, I made the mistake of choosing these clowns to run my business banking through...big mistake.... changing as soon as I get the chance

TopicBusiness Banking

Friederich.

Friederich.South East Queensland, QLD

Completely unprofessional

I applied for a car loan, after a week nobody contacted me ,finally after I call them twice , the super duper manager called me beck. What a joke :)). Good bye .

TopicBusiness Banking and Loan Application
Kate

KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Refused to discuss refinancing my home loan without me using a broker.

TopicLoan Application

MikeHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been with BoQ for 27 years. They have lost me ! Forever !

I started my business with Bank of Queensland in 1992. I have been with them for 27 years. They became silly in 2007 (at the GFC). But we stuck with them. In the last year or so they have totally lost all semblance of reasonable service. I actually had a manager tell me in the store to F#@K off after I asked him why he had not done Bank Cheques as requested. Complained and got no-where. Whitewashed.
Still stuck with them. But they got even worse again. Moved to CBA. Wow. Actually happy people. What an extraordinary difference.
Bank of Queensland should not continue to be in business.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

The Painter

The PainterSydney, NSW

Worst Bank in Australia

I continue to rue the day I ever walked into this Bank. I originally tried to get away from the big 4 by changing to BOQ but that has been the worst decision I’ve ever made.
They open local banks then shut them down and now they are closing TELEPHONE BANKING.....No banks and now now services except internet or driving 40klms to the nearest branch.
What a hopeless mob they are.

Boyso

BoysoWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

No computer.......Bad Luck

I rang BOQ's 1300 number to ask if they would be lowering Home Loan interest rates after the Reserve Bank lowered rates. I was told yes I would receive all or part thereof the interest rate cut, I then asked when I would receive notification of my new Home Loan rates and was told that BOQ no longer mail out notifications and that I would have to check their "Media" releases online. This is a joke! What if you don't have a computer? The BOQ should remember the little people who are the bread and butter of their business. We used to get monthly account statements, not now and notification letters, come on guys.

Nikki

NikkiWestern Australia

“Customer Care” is the absolute worst!

SusanOz

SusanOzBrisbane

Forcing customers to install an app

One positive thing about BoQ is that they offer some no-fee everyday and savings accounts with visa debit card. However their IT is a disaster: internet banking is badly made, and they force customers to download an app for some transactions. Can't BoQ just send verification sms, like all normal banks? What are people without smartphones supposed to do? Or people who don't want to hand their personal details over to some AppStore just to be able to download the app?