Bank of Queensland

Bank of Queensland

Online, Branches

• Topics
    • General Transactions (25)
    • New Account (9)
    • Loan Application (8)
    • Business Banking (5)
    • Credit Card Application (2)

Poor service!!

Online platform crap!
Got cracked twice... both times had to go to branch to clear things up.
Then tried to login again last 2 days, again rejected password.... called no answer for > 30 min. Bad!!

Marko

MarkoBrisbane

Online banking overseas do not work

If you're overseas don't expect the card to be working, for every transaction you need to call the custumer service center which is not a free number (off course), third world country service in the 21st century, would not recommend.

Stupid for going there!!

Normal for them

hadenough

hadenoughLaunceston

Loan application refused

Have been with BOQ since 2009. Have had one completed motor vehicle personal loan with them. This loan was paid back in full without any missed payments, defaults or delayed payments. I applied for another motor vehicle loan and got messed around because they wanted a stat dec from a person that I had been regularly buying vintage motorcycle parts from to say that I wasnt paying anything off. They were only able to make such a demand because they were my personal bank of choice and obviously they can see all of my transactions. They would not have this luxury if I was banking with another bank.
Eventually I told them I was going elsewhere.

TopicLoan Application

Jenny

JennyFar North Queensland, QLD

Do not return calls when promise and cut off then accuse me of hanging up

jay

jay

online app

only bank in the world not to have a credit card balance amount and due date on the app. actually they don't even have a app it's only the desktop version on a mobile phone. apart from that they more expensive than the big 4 banks on a long term.
avoid at any cost even if it is the last bank in the whole world.

Craig

CraigGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Poor service from BOQ and now locked out of my account

I've consistently received extremely poor service levels, bad advice and now BOQ for no reason have been shut out of my online banking, waiting 30 mins at a time to speak to their call service to get the issue resolved. Been with this bank for 4 years and it has been bad news pretty much all of the way. Wouldn't recommend BOQ to anyone

Kristian

KristianSouth Brisbane, Queensland

Very poor app and website, product performance no longer competitive

Was initially attracted by their competitive interest rate on the high interest savings account. But within months the rates have fallen and are now middle of the pack.

The website and mobile app are very bad. The app is basically a mobile website, it lacks all the functionality most other banking apps offer. The website itself does not provide anywhere near enough information about account status, interest rates, etc. There is no way to control your cards either such as pin resets.

They recently changed their conditions on their savings account, requiring multiple withdrawals from your savings account to meet bonus interest criteria. This is the last straw for me, I will be leaving this bank soon.

Jay

Jay

Worst mobile banking app award

Its 2019 and my mobile banking app is 13 characters long. No quick login, no shorter pins available, the mobile app is still website. User experience is non existent. Made the switch to cba and realised how ridiculous this bank is

Davey J.

Davey J.South East Queensland, QLD

A bank that does not believe their customers

Georgie

Georgie

Nightmare

The only reason I am with them is because this was the bank my parents opened out an account for me with back when I was a child.
Their app is the worst app I have ever used. Constantly not working.
They charge mad amounts for international transfers and account fees.
They have constant issues with direct debits, and will block transfers into my account regularly for no reason. I am switching as a result.

Lisa J

Lisa JSouth East Queensland, QLD

Backwards Bank..

BOQ are soooooooo slow processing anything- it takes forever for payments to go through..

So unless you like living in the dark ages don't use BOQ

Online is useless, you end up needing to physically go in to the bank for everything..

Fiona

FionaSydney, NSW

Very outdated & terrible customer service

Ross Clark

Ross ClarkPerth

This bank is descending into chaos, just like their share price

OMG Shocking Customer Service

These guys honestly, wait on hold for 40 minutes and have to hang up. Speak to someone regarding transferring money OS and they say it costs the same as a normal transfer and then get slugged $20. Then get a charge back and they keep the $20. Shocking, will be shifting my bank.

Mark

MarkGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Terrible customer service

Opened a savings account for my wife. Received some details via email but not enought o start transactions. Rang boq with my wife and asked to set up internet banking on the account. The operator would not deal with us because I was there. Blatantly would not help us because I was ytalking as well as my wife. We dont evn have any money in the account yet. Very poor customer service.

Shane B.

Shane B.Perth, WA

Absolutely the WORST bank I have ever dealt with

The customer support team were absolutely shocking; they were rude, insulting and had the audacity to tell me "they are not willing to help me as they do not believe I am the legal account holder." I am totally disgusted with the bank's conduct, am a BRAND NEW customer and am considering closing ALL accounts I hold with the bank.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

anfeldNorth Queensland, QLD

Worst service ever

BOQ is possibly the worst bank I have had the misfortune to deal with. They don't know their own products. They can't assist you when you have an issue with making an online purchase. At least they are helping me keep my money in my pocket as I can't use my card for any purchases. If I could give them less than one star I would. Absolutely useless. The banking commission should be looking at their shoddy service.

Awful Organization

TopicNew Account

A total pain in the a#$ to get anything done online

A total pain in the a#$ to get anything done online, I made the mistake of choosing these clowns to run my business banking through...big mistake.... changing as soon as I get the chance

TopicBusiness Banking