Bank of Queensland

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Listing monitored by Bank of Queensland

RRR_10
RRR_10Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible Experience

PayID paying limit is $1000. This is unchangeable as far as I can tell. This ridiculously low limit is not present at any of the other banks I'm with.

My online card payments get declined sometimes for no apparent reason. At the very least, their error message is completely useless and doesn't tell you why.

App's downtime appears to be measurably higher than other banks.

Rosa
RosaSouth East Queensland, QLD

I’ve been with boq aprx 20 years and have found
Bank and staff to be amazing at Forest Lake
Chrissy was especially helpful when we opened a new account yesterday

TopicNew Account
Karita
KaritaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Believe the reviews. This bank deserves no stars

I was on hold for 35 minutes!
Believe the low reviews, this bank has nothing against it competitors from its products to its customer service.Just bank elsewhere and save yourself the hassle.

Giving up trying to call them

Shockingly bad. I have been waiting 36 minutes for someone to answer my call and keep getting the recorded message "We will be with you shortly." "We are working hard to answer your call." No, you aren't.

Kat
KatSouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolute joke! BOQ don't value customer loyalty.

I was so excited to see that BOQ has finally come out with a user friendly app much like other banks did years ago. Come to find out this 'new app' is only available to new or existing customers who open a new account. So, those who already have an account and don't want to open a new one get left in the dust. And we all know how bad the old app is. You just have to read the reviews. I have been with BOQ for 13 years and was hanging on for an upgrade. Unfortunately this has put the nail in the coffin for me.

Without a doubt the slowest bank in history in this day and age

We are In a day and age where by we can make bank transfers In a instant , oh not but not BOQ , not even between BOQ accounts can this be achieved - they are still delivering with Cobb and co horse cart , even with inter bank transfers.

TopicNew Account

super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Ben A
Ben AAU

Disgraceful and the most unloyal company I have dealt with.

I have banked with BOQ for 22 years and in that time financed everything I have through them. I just went to refinance through them again and was told I didn't meet the banks requirements. Apparently it would put me in financial stress. Refinanced through another lender, actually borrowed more and am $1400 per month better off.
So much for looking after loyal customers and their app is pathetic.

Catherine
CatherineSouth East Queensland, QLD

Run!!

Don't go near this Bank. Dysfunctional, disorganized and utterly hopeless. And when they make a mistake, it becomes your problem to sort out. Have just been through 3 months of their disgraceful, highly unprofessional conduct. The problem was eventually solved, their mistake was divulged. No apology, no contact whatsoever. DONT even think of dealing with this lot unless you enjoy months of emailing, repetative explanations and being treated like an idiot at their expense.

Bookworm62
Bookworm62Perth, WA

Do not go near BOQ

Bank of Queensland closed the Armadale branch now to do simple banking matters I need to go 21 Km to Canninton I had a new Visa debit card arrive I tried over the phone to reset the pin I tried about 20 times over many days you ring them you are put on a waiting list roughly 20 minutes later you speak to some one I am not well person almost blind and renal failure my advice have nothing to do them really bad service I am a pensioner not able to buy my food or medicine until my new PIN arrives in 7 days

Tania
TaniaSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking

Incompetent and Rude Dinosaurs

So slow

Been with bank for 10 years, seems a bit behind the times, still takes 3 days for transactions to appear on app, e.g if you Tap and go, your balance and available to spend are different, but unlike other banks, even smaller ones than boq, they don't have a pending, bit of a dinosaur age bank

Customer service compliment

With B of Q Since about 1988.
Yes normally very reliable.
Customer service today at Indooroopilly exceptional thanks to Thomas Crowley who sorted a debit card query very efficiently, polite too.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Don't Ignore the Red Flags

I opened up a business bank account. Wait times to get the paperwork and put everything together was shocking. Terminal used by the employees are slow and prone to failure. No OSKO! That was the deal-breaker. I just opened up the internet banking UI and it dawned on me that you can't polish that turd to save it.