Online, Branches

craig m

craig mSouth East Queensland, QLD

Stay away

I paid the Bank of Qld exorbitant fees to have my properties valued prior to being able to proceed with a new loan application with them. A total waste of thousands of dollars as after I'd paid for the valuations they said that they no longer wished to proceed with my application.
Now I'm trying to get my late father's bank accounts that he has with the B of Qld released to me as I'm the Executor of his Will.
They are not interested and of no help at all, they are incompetent to put it politely.

ranasakawa

ranasakawa

Customers come last

I have tried to maintain a good relationship with the Bank of Queensland however they truly do not care about their customers.
1. Their online service is terrible
2. They charged my account service without any care about my opinion
2. They charge a fee for statements
3. They do not follow up complaints
4. I don't feel their security is good enough
5. The phone app is the worst of all the banks
Getting through to anyone is a very long wait
I am definitely going to finish my accounts with them. I do not recommend this bank

Don't bother banking with BOQ

Been with BOQ over 7 years. They continue to get worse and their highly paid CEO is proving completely ineffectual at impacting the customer experience.
Banks are certainly "on the nose" but this one doesn't even care about their reputation.

TopicBusiness Banking

ABC

ABCSouth East Queensland, QLD

Still sitting on hold....

The banking platform is antiquated - clumsy and inefficient to use. They now require a security code for every payment. However am still on hold after 20 minutes and can't get through to get the code. Really needs to change the whole internet banking platform. We are a business, and are having to change to ANZ as the BOQ system is unwieldy. Also doesn't talk to accounting packages well.

bookworm1

bookworm1

terrible service

been with the bank for years ... and their service over the counter used to be good; but now i just spent over 40 minutes on phone to update my phone number and on line password and they required authentication process three times, including one point where they illegally insisted on being told my full driver's license number. finally achieved the updates, got access, went to the website and got "the page you are trying to see cannot be displayed at the moment".

i don't think i can stand any more "service" like this.

Brad H.

Brad H.

They keep changing the rules!

The staff have been great, bonus savings interest rate is ok, but overall they're just another frustrating bank. They're unable to get with the times and provide payments thru the little known Google Pay. They also changed the rules so that:
* you need to make a number of direct debit tx per month in the day2day account to get higher bonus interest.
* They remove the option to pay from savings/chq acct from a credit card.
I need to carry 2 cards (credit and debit) around with me rather than none.
Thanks for keeping up with the times BOQ!!!

Leeroy Brown

Leeroy BrownPerth, WA

Worst bank I've ever dealt with

Lost home loan and settlement paper multiple times. Had to go into branches for things that other banks complete online. Couldnt accept scanned documents for some reason. On hold for at lease 20 minutes each time we call and then the person usually can't help. Can't just change your daily limit yourself. You need a security token which can take days to organise. Even waiting in the bank took ages before being acknowledged and helped. Seems like a systemic issue with the culture within the bank. Will be moving as soon as we are able

noxley

noxley

Terrible phone service, wait for over 30 mins to talk

Same repeat message when on hold with no details of where you are in the queue. Wasted my whole lunch break even at 2pm trying to call to reset my password, then had to give up! Think they were having their lunch instead of answering customer calls. Shame as the interest rate for savings is good.

Jigar

JigarSydney, NSW

Don't waste your time with BOQ

Do not waste your time with mobile lenders from BOQ. They will promise big things just to get another application under their name but the end result is pathetic. It also affects your credit file. Find another lender but BOQ.

Find out how Bank of Queensland compares to other Banks

Would never bother with another loan through them!

Been with BOQ Mackay for a number of years and are great with home loans, staff are good but as for other loans will never bother again!
Have been waiting for weeks for it to go through after they told us it had been approved.

Susan L

Susan LBrisbane

Bad & Basic

Worst banking app I’ve ever used - even going back 10 years. Clunky, limited functions, keeps crashing. Hard to believe this is actual a current App. I’ve only just refinanced to BOQ and it’s bad enough to make me want to refinance out of BOQ.

TopicNew Account
Hamish

HamishPerth, WA

Stop calling me at 7 in the morning!!!!

I have been called 3 times by BOQ at 7am. Each time I have tried to explain that I am in Perth and it is 7am. I have asked to be taken off the call list. This has not worked.
Please BOQ - train your telemarketers not to call before 8.30am and explain that Australia has multiple time zones.

frustrated101

frustrated101Richmond-Tweed, NSW

It’s 2021 people

Please BOQ get with the times. Do you even read your app reviews. It’s a lovely bank but so so far outdated it’s literally not worth using. I signed my daughter up for an account and it was seriously embarrassing. There is no way she will stay with this bank. You are not going to fair well with this new generation, I am barely able to continue with such terrible online service. I’m not even going to list what’s missing or what’s wrong as it’s just endless. Please do us all favour. Read the room. Give your customers what they are ALL asking from you. Please update your online banking and app services. It’s beyond a joke

TopicGeneral Transactions
Lea

LeaCentral Queensland, QLD

Worst app and worst service ever

The app is so simple that it doesn’t work for anything, even if you to share your bank details doesn’t have the option. Customer service terrible, I spent 20 minutes waiting on the phone.

Michael

MichaelWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Out of their Clutches

I have been free from their clutches for 6 years now and still regretting having anything to do with BOQ. Looking back I can conclude that they do not support young families trying to raise and educate their children but rather look for ways to exploit them when opportunity arises. BOQ is sneaky, underhanded and predatory. DO NOT, repeat DO NOT bank with them. You will regret it in the long run.

Find out how Bank of Queensland compares to other Banks

Absolute worst service ever from a Bank

Sadly we are current customers with this bank. We wanted to pursue an online trading account and the service was appalling to the fact we were messed around for over 2 months. No one returned out calls, no one bothered to assist us. Each time we were fobbed off to the helpdesk only to receive contradicting advice and information on every occasion. How hard can they make it to open a sister account for a existing client - well they did and we have now taken our business elsewhere. Thanks for your incorporation.

TopicNew Account
bindu m.

bindu m.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

Horrible service experience

Horrible service.Franchised to private parties who never keep benchmark standards. Not at all polite not having any respect and patience to listen customers.!Bank made horrible mistakes by franchising to people who doesn’t have much more experience of Australian culture of behaviours towards clients.8

I Vass

I VassSouth East Queensland, QLD

Mobile App

Bank of Qld great the mobile app is disappointing it takes me approximately 6 sign ins before I can open the app and then it closes down worst app ever

gelsoftthurisaz

gelsoftthurisazSouth East Queensland, QLD

BOQ, the best bank for 1985....

Still cannot advise NPP or OSKO roll out, after six years. Still using same systems from 1996, despite purchasing more modern brands like Virgin Money etc.
Great for anyone who doesnt want any modern services, and whom can wait 48hrs for funds transfers, or who has never required internet banking. Also suitable for anyone who has no money, as BOQ cannot possibly disappoint you then! Would not recommend if they PAID me to.

Pauline

PaulinePerth

Mix COVID and advanced age and NO allowance from BOQ

My 86 y/o mother had a two term deposits maturing on Sunday 31st. She visited the bank on the Friday before to discuss, was dismissed and told to return the next week. Then lockdown came. So she phoned the bank, couldn’t understand them and the call ended. roll on 1 week. Attended the branch as soon as lockdown ended to find money reinvested at paltry interest rate for 9 months. Said money can be released but not for a month with no interest and a penalty fee. This bank has lost touch with its customers, where is the human touch?? I am so utterly disappointed and my mother is beside herself. The money earned on interest is her ONLY income. Shame on you BOQ