Bank of Queensland

Bank of Queensland

Branches and Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

anfeldNorth Queensland, QLD

Worst service ever

BOQ is possibly the worst bank I have had the misfortune to deal with. They don't know their own products. They can't assist you when you have an issue with making an online purchase. At least they are helping me keep my money in my pocket as I can't use my card for any purchases. If I could give them less than one star I would. Absolutely useless. The banking commission should be looking at their shoddy service.

Matt

Matt

Sending me junk mail from previous tenant from over a year ago

Bank of Queensland sends me junk mail from a tenant that moved out over a year ago. I have notified BOQ about this but they want me to take time off work to do free work for them returning to sender. Absolutely disgraceful company.

Awful Organization

TopicNew Account

A total pain in the a#$ to get anything done online

A total pain in the a#$ to get anything done online, I made the mistake of choosing these clowns to run my business banking through...big mistake.... changing as soon as I get the chance

TopicBusiness Banking

Friederich.

Friederich.South East Queensland, QLD

Completely unprofessional

I applied for a car loan, after a week nobody contacted me ,finally after I call them twice , the super duper manager called me beck. What a joke :)). Good bye .

TopicBusiness Banking and Loan Application

Kate

KateSouth East Queensland, QLD

Refused to discuss refinancing my home loan without me using a broker.

TopicLoan Application

MikeHSouth East Queensland, QLD

Been with BoQ for 27 years. They have lost me ! Forever !

I started my business with Bank of Queensland in 1992. I have been with them for 27 years. They became silly in 2007 (at the GFC). But we stuck with them. In the last year or so they have totally lost all semblance of reasonable service. I actually had a manager tell me in the store to F#@K off after I asked him why he had not done Bank Cheques as requested. Complained and got no-where. Whitewashed.
Still stuck with them. But they got even worse again. Moved to CBA. Wow. Actually happy people. What an extraordinary difference.
Bank of Queensland should not continue to be in business.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

The Painter

The PainterSydney, NSW

Worst Bank in Australia

I continue to rue the day I ever walked into this Bank. I originally tried to get away from the big 4 by changing to BOQ but that has been the worst decision I’ve ever made.
They open local banks then shut them down and now they are closing TELEPHONE BANKING.....No banks and now now services except internet or driving 40klms to the nearest branch.
What a hopeless mob they are.

Boyso

BoysoWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

No computer.......Bad Luck

I rang BOQ's 1300 number to ask if they would be lowering Home Loan interest rates after the Reserve Bank lowered rates. I was told yes I would receive all or part thereof the interest rate cut, I then asked when I would receive notification of my new Home Loan rates and was told that BOQ no longer mail out notifications and that I would have to check their "Media" releases online. This is a joke! What if you don't have a computer? The BOQ should remember the little people who are the bread and butter of their business. We used to get monthly account statements, not now and notification letters, come on guys.

Nikki

NikkiWestern Australia

“Customer Care” is the absolute worst!

SusanOz

SusanOzBrisbane

Forcing customers to install an app

One positive thing about BoQ is that they offer some no-fee everyday and savings accounts with visa debit card. However their IT is a disaster: internet banking is badly made, and they force customers to download an app for some transactions. Can't BoQ just send verification sms, like all normal banks? What are people without smartphones supposed to do? Or people who don't want to hand their personal details over to some AppStore just to be able to download the app?

GPC

GPCSydney Surrounds, NSW

GANGSTERS

TopicNew Account

Magoo

MagooSouth East Queensland, QLD

Disgusted

25 years and Staff have Absolutely No PR skills, but then again I suppose they are mearly Puppets, I could pratle on for ever no point time to Move on .

Wati

Wati

Great personal customer service, but, lack of web-based Customer Service software

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account
Maz

MazHunter Region, NSW

Like’s to foreclose as quickly as they can and take all of your assets

deepak y.

deepak y.South East Queensland, QLD

Yes, BOQ has all the reasons to hate the bank

I have been dealing with BOQ since 2012. I give 3 top reasons why I hate this bank and my decision to move to a different bank.

1. Terrible online internet bank. Very behind in technology with internet banking. This makes the business quite inefficient. Example. Transaction history appears weeks later.
2. In competent staff and customer service.
3. As per my recent conversations with BOQ it is quite apparent that the whole sale funding costs are gone down significantly. However the profits gained were not getting reflected in their variable rates. To me this is illegal and I am officially going to complain and put an enquiry.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application

My review of BOQ over four years. The worst bank I have ever dealt with.

TopicGeneral Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

shazcam

shazcam

Aust Post Deposits ?????

I do not get time to go into a Branch during business hours as work in an area without a Branch but like to make deposits to my account often, at the Post Office..The couple of times I have been to the Branch over the years, I have found the Customer Service very good in Mornington, Victoria. With Post Office service cancelled I will have to change to another Bank, very disappointing!

TopicGeneral Transactions

This has caused stress beyond words

20yrs 2 of us on the title..last 7yrs just myself paying the loan... 2yrs am unemployed due to my daughter 14 with a mental illness suicide tendencies.
Your hardship polocy is different with who calls you. You also haressment via text and calls.
130,000 left to pay single mum of 2 daughters who's struggling but still paying 99%. You now want my home and leave my 2girls U15 and myself aged 49 with no home
I'm beside myself