BankSA
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankSA? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Jimmyj
JimmyjAdelaide

call centre with bad training and english

Discharged investment loan and at same time 50k goes missing from redraw account on owner occupied loan.. I'm assuming they needed the extra security due to selling investment property but there's no figures and settlements team have no idea . I just want to know figures could have they done it with 45k and left me with 5k in redraw?? not an unreasonable request I think cause it is my money apparently.

If I could give zero star, I wouldn't give one star.

I submitted my online application for BankSA more than two weeks ago, however I didn't't receive any feedback from the bank. So I called the online service numbers for my application, however, the staffs transferred me to four different person, and everyone was saying they don't take charge of this issue. Finally, after waiting nearly ONE hour through the phone calls, they told me they can't find my application record. This is Crazy! It's extremely unprofessional. If I could, I would withdraw my account application immediately. Terrible customer service and terrible bank system.

Fred
FredMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Why is there always longer than expected call volumes"? Expect complaints, You get plenty of them!!!

I just want to call the bank to see why they have changed my home loan rate and what it was before it was changed. They seem to forget to put that bit in the letter that they send you.
Getting through to the call centre is ridiculous as it seems that they are ALWAYS getting longer than expected call volumes. I've been with them for many years and can't remember a time when they didn't have higher than expected call volumes. Here's an idea, hire more staff. Or better still, give people more information when you send the letters out. (unless you have something to hide of coarse)

steve
steveSydney, NSW

Useless 1300 Service For My Credit Card Application

I applied for a bank sa credit card in early Feb..'you will receive a reply in 4-5 working days'.....Its now 3 march no info..the 1300 service is useless...pressed '1' for the service re credit card info re my appln - would not even register the '1'...terrible..and I am actually ring to pay them $$'s for the card.

Dasisnichtgut
Dasisnichtgut

Ghosted by the Lending Manager

Firstly, as marketing professional , I cannot believe Bank SA read these reviews and do not action improvement.
I spent hours doing a lending application online after speaking with the lending manager [Name Removed]. That was weeks ago and I haven't heard from him. Pretty sloppy bank practices.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Joanjett
JoanjettMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Norwood dropped the ball many times when we transferred our loan over to them. Really poor customer service / management

Given wrong time for first meeting, then worker didn’t turn up.. didn’t set up account etc properly or sit down to do that; left everything to us/broker, & were never available

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account
Xena M.
Xena M.South Australia

Terrible loan service for all Pensioners

Warren McLeod
Warren McLeodMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bad treatment of pensioners

They do not recognise the careers pension as an income.When some one gives up their life to care for someone else and to be treated this way it is appalling.

Bazza
BazzaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

BankSA bad online security and poor response

onetaste
onetasteMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can't access my data

Forced to switch to eStatements (they charge $3-4 per account per month for print) they only keep 6 months of data accessible online. What a joke! Now I must pay and wait to get each monthly statement so I can complete my tax returns. I have been with the bank 36 years but now I am going to move to a bank or credit union which allows me to access my data. They have it all sitting there in their computers, it's just plain lazy and cheap.

Tammy Kym
Tammy KymEyre Peninsula, SA

Very Slow at Processing Transactions

You would think in this day and age with fast payments etc that BankSA would have updated the speed in which they process transactions. I have had transactions pending for the past 6 days. Yet my other bank processes transactions simultaneously. I know it’s not a huge problem if you regularly checkin and check your account balance, it is just very behind and backwards with how far other banks have progressed.

Ben
BenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Service was so bad for so long

Was with this bank for about 15 years. When I paid out my mortgage I was finally free of bank SA. I changed to another bank who didn't charge annual credit card fees, waiting time on the phone wasn't a minimum 45 minutes and actually valued their clients. Unfortunately when I went to sell my house bank SA informed the conveyancer there was still a mortgage on the property. 1 hour later on the phone to someone who spoke questionable English and I was told there was no mortgage but to release the title was now going to take 4-6 weeks. The service from bank sa has been terrible to say the least. Never ever deal with this bank, no matter what you will regret it.

vadi
vadiSoutheast, SA

Monumentally incompetent

We transferred to Bank SA about 3 years. All went well until a new manager was appointed. He was referred a matter that required further action involving a refund from a credit card. This was never actioned. Complaints further up the line resulted in obfuscation and incompetence which meant that we have lost a sizeable sum. We will be closing our account. If I could review this bank negatively I would.

Napoleon

Read more reviews - page 2

S.G
S.Gasked
BankSA

Has anybody else experienced the following? Sorry in advance for long post...

On numerous occasions I've had a few dollars sitting in my account, or couple of hundred.
First incident happened 2 months ago, my bank was in credit by 163 dollars. Checked my bank a hour later and it said 0.00
Second incident was last week. I had 1.90 in my bank for a few days, and then the balance was all of a sudden 0.00 after about 3 hours of checking as i deposited a cheque and was seeing the current status.
Third incident happened TODAY! Last night i haf roughly 300 dollars in my bank. I check 12pm today and its 0.00 AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Please note that NONE of these incidences had any transactions outbound.... the money simply vanishes to a 0.00 balance. I rang the bank today (fraudulent transaction dept as normal bank is shut) and i was told I've missed something. So i calculated all lol of my expenses from the total deposited, and yep. Sure enough roughly 300 isnt accounted for. Where is my money going you dodgy bank!!!!

Please if you have similar situation and found resolution please please reply.

Country
Countryasked
BankSA

10 years with bank sa Ive only ever received money 1201am following day, where work mates have received it 7:30-9:00pm same day. Never have I received a bank transfer same day. Does this happen to other customers interested to know?