BankSA

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Terrible customer service and products

Charged me overdrawn fees on an account I'd already requested to be closed. Everytime I contacted them to sort out the issue they would just refer me to someone else. No one was willing to take responsibility.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Alistair

AlistairMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Two Unexplained Interest Rate Increases in 12 Months (When RBA Rates Are Going Down!)

1) Mortgage adviser made several mistakes and significant delays with our home loan application that was made in branch.
2) The mobile app is absolutely terrible - as is there internet banking platform. The user interface is extremely hard to navigate.
3) Whilst the RBA rates have been coming down in the last 12 months. I've received 2 notices of interest rate INCREASES!

I would change banks in a heartbeat if I could, but LMI isn't transferable!! Will be moving banks as soon as I can.

Really poor customer service

TopicCredit Card Application
Paul M.

Paul M.Central, SA

Fast & efficient dealing with credit fraud

No service

I required 60 seconds to talk to customer service operator. First 5 mins all i listened to was advertisements. After 15 mins still on hold, therefore I decided to hung up.

Deuce

DeuceMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Cannot open account with legal digital drivers licence

I went in to the branch in Adelaide today and attempted to finish with the opening of a new joint account.. I did not bring my drivers licence as I was told by service sa that I no longer need it, it's somewhere lost at home.

I went in to show my ID only to be told that whilst the SA Government changed the licensing system Bank SA only accepted physical licenses...

The lady agreed it was backward and behind the times. She was nice enough...

Bank SA lost me as a customer because of this simple policy change that could have been done 12 months ago... Instead they are stuck in the dark ages...

TopicNew Account

Horrific

I’ve always had bad service from bank, I’ve been with them for 6 years. Never could get anything done. I changed too a different bank because they were inconsiderate and disrespectful.

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Personal loan experience

anthony2

anthony2Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible

Have been with them for 10 years. Absolutely agree wot a terrible lender they are with their fees and rules... I suggest to steer clear shop around and go to another lender

July 10th 2019 Update: Terrible

Bank SA r just terrible my advice is dont bank with them.. I rang today and asked when the lowered interest rates kick in and they didnt know...Very very poor cant wait 2get rid of them

Mardyboy

MardyboySydney

Home Loan Extension became and Epic Mess around and nearly lost the car I was purchasing

BT SA

BT SAMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible customer service

I have been with this bank for 28 years. The service has deteriorated and is extremely poor. They have no pride in their service. When on the phone, most times you will be put through to westpac or st George, who’s staff seem to have little to no information regarding the bank sa products and systems. Very frustrating bank to deal with.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Jim

JimMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Good Bank

Been with the bank 20 years always helped me as I required. Always did what was needed to make things easy for me. Just saw all the negative feedback so thought I'd throw in my 2 bobs, but can't help thinking lots (maybe not all) of the bad press is from people who struggle to keep their finances in good order.

BJ_JT

BJ_JTMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

4 days to cash a cheque! what a joke!

Now, I have been with Bank SA on and off for the last 5 years. I have always left for some stupid reason. This time, Its the extended wait time for cheques to clear, even though it was a bank SA cheque! That's right 4 days to see cash their own cheques! They don't have PayID which small credit unions do, they have slow customer service, don't do over the counter cards anymore, which was the only reason I went with them in the first place! Nab clear cheques from bank SA to there accounts in 2 days so all I can see is that Bank SA like to play god! Honestly, accounts are closed as of today!

Mitchell

MitchellDarwin

Unless

Unless bank I changed banks so I was the same bank as my boss you know hoping the money goes in a little early well for bank to bank transfer the still hold my wage for 18 hours it's a bloody joke when I was banking with a different bank my wage would always be in by 5 this is through people choice westpac anz but banksa Na impossible even though he's coming out of the same bank they still hold it.

Lift your game you service is so poor your behind like 10 years never bank with you again can't wait for my new bank card to come through.

Shorty84

Shorty84

Good

Had an account with them since I was a baby. Manage to get a house loan so there not to bad. And the interest rate is pretty good compared to other

Adelaidian

AdelaidianAdelaide

Embarrassing in 2018

Poor, rude customer service and services a decade behind its competitors.
They charge the highest account service fees in the business and I struggle to understand what they offer in return.
The banking app experiences frequent outages, inconveniently on weekend nights when people actually need to use the service.

Dealing with them for a checking account has been an absolute pain.

I'm switching over my whole family and I tell everyone I know to avoid them like the plague.

Inexplicably horrible

Have banked with them for about 15 years. Have received charges for worn out/stolen cards, impossible to get a statement through their online platform if you need one for a mortgage broker or similar. Went into the bank to get one in person, they couldn’t provide me with an electronic copy, then had the gall to charge me $7 to have a 30 page statement printed on wasteful paper. This is just the latest headache of a long, long list. Their phone app is average, they seem to be years behind with technology despite being part of Westpac. Save yourself a massive amount of headache and go with somebody different. You’ve lost yourself a customer for good, should have left years ago. Lift your game. Big time.

Lynette Kelly

Lynette Kelly

Home Loan Settlement Disaster

Considering switching elsewhere

Worst customer service. Make you feel like trash when you have trouble with card repayments. One actually had a go at me one day.

Josh.h

Josh.hSydney

Avoid if you are a Business

Absolutely Horrible Go with anyone other than Bank SA or anyone under the Westpac Brand customer service is horrible staff were slow as a business owner for many years I have multiple locations and decided to give them a go when I opened in Adelaide as I like to keep each location separate what a waste of time