BankVic

Online, Branches (See All)
See the Best Banks in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for BankVic? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Maria
Maria

I think the staff just decide, 'I'm not doing that today.' The laziest bank and staff I've ever dealt with.

I applied for a credit card. They called to confirm details and said everything is fine and they'll call me back - I never heard back. After emailng the person twice with no response, I called again, another rep said she'll follow up. Again, I never heard back. I emailed both these reps twice each again, and of course I never heard back. I filed a complaint, I never heard back. What a joke. Eight weeks later, still ignored. It's like they decide, I don't think I'll work today. Just lazy.

Michael madden
Michael maddenVictoria

On ANY given day it’s a flip of the coin to see if bank Vic app is working or not

Had an absolute gut full of this banks app not working or continuously down for maintenance that does absolutely nothing to fix any of the faults! It wouldn’t surprise me to see a mass exodus of customers leaving this bank. PATHETIC

Edward Charles
Edward CharlesGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

They are beyond terrible, never use! They are not necessary for emergency services.

I signed up with Bankvic approx 6 years ago and they have been terrible the entire time. Unfortunately i had loans with them so i had to stay but can finally escape. The website and app crash non stop and have since i joined. They do nothing to remedy this issue. They have ridiculous dishonour fees but don't notify you that it's happened, why it happened and and they label it as "DT fee" so you don't even know what it is. Please stay away for your own good. If you are Police you don't need them, they try and tell you that they help more eg eg, it isn't true. They get their hooks into new recruits at the academy all the time and most end up leaving due to the issues raised.

Greg
GregGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

BankVic, or the Victoria Police Coop as it was formerly known is a disgrace to its membership

Bvgffvbj
BvgffvbjMELBOURNE

Was lied to for 4 weeks about getting a home loan!

I applied for a home loan which they stated will take 4 days. I had to constantly chase them up as they never got back to me.

After 4 weeks of calling them and the bank manager constantly telling my 'early next week' then getting to early next week would then state the same thing over and over.

A genuinely sad experience as a health care worker they told me that they look after front line workers and this is the bank for them.

This is how you treat anyone by lying to them, some serious poor behaviour on behalf of Bank vic.

Whatev
WhatevGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

won't release money to vendors and won't release the money back into the account

I made orders with both ebay and amazon. with ebay the bank paid the amount and then also put the same amount on hold. with amazon they held the money, but then declined to pay them. I rang them and they told me the vendors were holding on to the money, so the money wasn't with the bank. I contacted both ebay and amazon who told me the bank places a hold on the money. So the bank is holding my money, not giving it to amazon, charging me double for ebay purchases, and taking ages to return it to me. Terrible service.

Jarred
JarredVictoria

Failed to notify us of $30k worth of the fraudulent transaction.

Thousands of dollars were being taken from our account over a period of weeks until we noticed that 30k+was stolen. Bank failed to notify us, refused to refund it, and gave us $1000 "in good faith". In a separate incident, they leaked our private and confidential information (ID, address, number, bank details, and statements) to a complete stranger.

Super Funds Awards 2022!

Wendy Z.12 Jan 2022
super-funds-awards-2020
Credit Card Awards 2020

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
credit-card-awards-2020
What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
martin
martingeelong

the end of a long relationship, its not me its you

JIMBOB
JIMBOBSouthwest, VIC

Still Very happy after 30 Years of banking.

I have been a BankVic Client for over 30 years and have been very happy with all aspects of banking with them in that time.
Most recently when I bought a used car but was given the lower "New Car Loan" Interest Rates saving me thousands on the purchase of my car.
They have always provided freindly and helpful customer service.

pwk
pwkHobart, TAS

What a ripoff smsf interest rate

We opened a smsf savings account within the last year when rate was over 1%. Now the rate is about .4%. How come Me bank can still give over 1.25% on personal accounts right now. What a ripoff when Bank Vic know that they have you by the short and curlies in the smsf.

I should have listened to friends and colleagues and avoided.

Applied for a loan & was told it would take 5-10 days.. after nothing but silence from BankVic I discover the application had been made for MORE than I'd wanted, it was the wrong TYPE of loan (I wanted car - they applied for personal), they had asked for the incorrect paperwork and the member responsible had resigned without anyone taking over my application.

It took another 6 days to sort out - all up 4 weeks for a loan of $10k.

In the end I had the funds from another bank in 3 days AND with a lower interest rate.

In the process of closing my accounts as we speak. Never again. Had been about to open up accounts for my elderly parents with them - not a chance now. I'll take all our business elsewhere.

Jess
JessGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst bank in Australia

Been with this bank for 10 years, unfortunately bad experiences Im shutting all of my accounts. The customer service is below average. Let’s start with fees. They charge $19 if you have insufficient funds, and they charged me that three times in the space of a week. That’s theft. When I emailed them about it they told me they aren’t refunding me the fee and to basically deal with it. The online bank transfers take AGES about 3 days when it’s much quicker with other banks. Can’t do any international transfers with Shopify. So many hidden fees. Go with ING instead they have unbelievably amazing rates.

Outstanding bank

Ive been with Bank Vic for almost 30 years and Ive never had an issue, home loan excellent, personal loans, no problem, I actually have no need to attend a beach as their online access is great. Customer service top marks.

Very easy to use.

I have been with bank vic for over 20 years.
the bank has always been reliable and easy to deal with.
Customer service is very good. The only negative is the small amount of branches, but as i don't frequently need a branch, that is not an issue for me.

TopicGeneral Transactions

Poor salary package service

Has been using BankVic's salary package service over 6 months and it's very disappointing. The salary package admin fee is much more expensive than other SP organisations. Plus, they also charge extra money for claims, which I have never heard from other salary package organisations. This bank is definitely not that caring for their clients as they say.