BankVic

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

• Topic
    • General Transactions (4)
    • ATM Experience (2)
    • Loan Application (2)
    • New Account (2)
    • Credit Card Application (1)
    • Business Banking (1)

Teagan

TeaganCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

Exorbitant fees and good luck getting home loan

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Peter P.

Peter P.Gippsland, VIC

Member since 1974

I have been a member of Bank Vic since it's inception in 1974. I have found them to be terrific, with excellent customer service, competive rates, easy online transactions. I also like their safety protocols which sometimes can be annoying but I'd prefer that to having unauthorised transactions.
All good with us.

TopicATM Experience and General Transactions
troya660

troya660Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Be Careful!

Do not accept a recepit for a bank transfer from this bank! They will hold the funds for 24 to 48 hours before passing it on to the transfer account. Every other bank will send the funds withen 1 hour to 4 hours, yet Bank Vic refuse to pass on the funds and hold it as long as they can!
This will be the last time I will accept a transfer from Bankvic without cleared funds in my account!

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Clark

ClarkGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Fees, customer service, online services & staff; all poor!!

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Julie

Julie

Scary bad

Rude, condescending and unprofessional. Just read others reviews and so sad to see they have had the same experience. Bank vic Have clearly dropped the ball from when I paid off my first home loan with them in 2005. Clearly no idea they were about to pass up on a 50k+ interest stream which we haveheld for 10 years. Gave the manager a polite opportunity to rectify the situation and they made it worse by not phoning when they said they would. Try lendi or just about anyone else. I have been around long enough to know that you start as you wish to continue. If this is the start I would be petrified in a business relationship with this bank. Steer clear. Wow just terrifying bad

TopicLoan Application

LetsTalk

LetsTalkMelbourne

Poor or should I say ZERO Customer Service

I contacted them on 136373 to enquire about membership and to open a bank account. I was #1 in the queue and almost 20mins had elapsed, I was still waiting for a consultant to pick up my call! Are these guys incompetent or complacent?

Peefer

Peefermelbourne

What is going on at BankVic ????????

15 years with Police credit/BankVic.
Under Police credit amazing service simple products.
Have got two loans through Police credit smooth no problems a great experience.
Now we apply for a third time with the change to BankVic and something just went a little Pear shaped.
The Customer service or should l say one particular staff member is disgraceful.
Call more then once no return call.
Cain’s of 48 hour approval completely in this case misleading.
Its not hard guys just the basics is needed.
Maybe having older staff with an ability to communicate on some sort of respect would help a lot.
Come on guys pull your socks up.
You should remember the good old days.

Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Used to be great

BankVic used to be great when it was Police Credit and when their head office which incorporated a branch was in Carlton with tons of parking.Now it is just an office somewhere in the CBD , no branch and the other branches are in hospitals with expensive parking , one in the west side of the CBD with no parking and one way out in the eastern suburbs.

Sucker

Sucker

Avoid this bank

I informed them I wanted to cancel a credit card and get a payout figure. Was then told they couldn’t supply that and had to wait for the statement after the 15th of the month. When I got the statement, I paid out the credit card (which took 2 days to process) then called to cancel the card. I was then told that I couldn’t cancel the card till the statement next month because I would have to pay the interest from when I originally requested the cancellation to when it was finally processed after the statement came out. This bank would do anything to make a couple more dollars out of you.

Dishonor fees

When you transfer money online, yes online, no people, no salaries, and you get the account wrong be prepared to pay a fee .... for what!!! I did all the work. Another dishonest organization to add to the list.

dan

danMelbourne

Rip Off's

I accidently typed in an incorrect number on an account transfer ONLINE, no staff, no electricity, no salaries being paid and got stung a $14.00 dishonour fee. What did they do?? Let's just add another dishonest bank to our list. And for a measly $14.00 my accounts are going elsewhere. It took you longer and cost more to post out the letter telling me about it. You're pathetic!!

Mark

MarkMelbourne

Lack of security and customer care