Online, Branches

uncaring

Jf1990

Jf1990South East Queensland, QLD

After 10 years you would think they would want to keep you

After 10 years banking with Bankwest for our homeloan, we wanted to review our variable rate after coming off fixed. Not only where they rude, the best they could offer us was a rate higher than advertised. When i pointed this out to them all they could say was that was all they could offer. We have never been late for a payment and their "advertised" rate was still higher than most banks we just thought we would stay loyal. After the conversation of this I went to Macquarie, there hasn't been any issue provided me a great rate with lovely communication. Would never recommend Bankwest again

Credit Card Dispute? Good Luck With That

Lodged a credit card charge back dispute with BankWest. The merchant that I had dealt with kept my money and would not offer a refund, only a partial credit for a product that they couldn't provide. BankWest completely blew me off leaving me holding the bag....great job BankWest, top marks for taking care of your "valued customers". Claimed that Covid and Government regulations prevented them from crediting my account....what a heap lies.
I have been a Bank West customer for nearly 15 years, customer loyalty mean nothing these days.

Find out how BankWest compares to other Banks

The worst and brainless robots

I've been with tgis bank for 15 years and after i expressed my disagreement ONCE about my credit card they sent a letter stating that they are closing my account. What a brainless place.

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application and General Transactions

worst banking service

I have the worst experience in just opening a bank account. I applied for new small business banking, after my ID verification itself on the 14th day when i called them they said they will escalated my application process and its gonaa take 2 more days same stuff they told me on my previous call. they just made 1 day job to a more than two weeks job.

TopicBusiness Banking
Brian626

Brian626Melbourne

Horrible institution

They don't care about you. They just want your money, after seeing an article about how they left a pregnant woman homeless, I will never bank with them and no one should either.

Disappointing.

I have been with BankWest for over 2 years and have never had an outstanding CC bill. I applied for a CC increase (on a CC with a the lowest limit) and they declined my increase WITHOUT reasoning, twice. I had to chase the bank for all outcomes and was never provided any reason as to why it was declined. Not only have they wasted my time, the handling of this was quite offensive. I have never had a problem with BankWest and likewise, they have never had a problem with me paying off my CC. I am incredibly disappointed in the treatment of the bank and highly unsatisfied as a customer. As a result, I will be cancelling my accounts with BankWest.

TopicCredit Card Application
Ciao Telstra !

Ciao Telstra !PERTH

Waste of Oxygen

Absolutely useless Bank ! What else can I say ! BW Internet Banking is a Joke ! Nothing good about this Bank at all ! Hasta La Vista I won't be back B W !

Andrew

AndrewGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Reserve bank interest rate cuts not passed on to customers

Been with the bank for 8 years and when the COVID-19 rates were cut they did not pass on full rate cuts unlike the big 4 banks to customers. In times of need the bank cannot see the need for keeping customers informed about the decision either I had for reach out to ask and if a rate was cut previously it would take an average of 20 days to pass on to customers equaling more profit.

Chris

ChrisCanberra 2600, ACT

Efficient and a Pleasure to Deal With

TopicBusiness Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application
dan

danSouth East Queensland, QLD

Great Home Loan service and business banking

Our home loan has option for 9 100% offset accounts which is great for saving.
The fact there are minimal branches has never been a problem for us.
Rates have always been good or reasonable and mortgage contracts are written with less catches than competitors.

Business banking has been great, recently got business loan and wanted to leave a review for Ji Jian as he was always easily contactable and went above what was needed to get us a result.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Do not bank here!!!!

TopicBusiness Banking
dont bother

dont botherPerth, WA

Couldn’t access my money

During a pandemic of all times, I couldn’t do any online ordering or access my own money, now I have to swap over all my direct debits to another bank but I’m sure it will be worth it.

MOney transfer impossible

Trying to transfer money from BW to another Aust bank. they have to call you. if you miss the call - bad luck - they call you next day, or maybe the day after that- too bad if the money transfer is important or neede by a certain time. Completley unresponsive to calls. this is what happens when branches close and faceless call centres take over- you have to do all the calling and waiting for no response. Get your money out of this bank as fast as you can ( if you actually get it out).

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions
Jade

Jade

Excellent customer service with good advice

The stuffs never disappoint me every time I walked into the branch. They provide good customer services and give me very useful suggestions. That is something I cannot figure it out myself if I simply go online. The only complaint will be few branches to go to.

Bella

BellaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

worst bank by far in Australia

Shocking customer service, only empty promises and they won't even cooperate with the Financial Ombudsman after numerous attempts to resolve the dispute over absurd fees and charges. The bank should be closed down for business.

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Stay away to avoid ripoffs

Jessta

JesstaPerth, WA

Backward and Antiquated, how do they survive!

TopicCredit Card Application
Karen

KarenSouth West, WA

exactly I extremely will always use phone banking please,and also be at Bunbury Forum branch

I have been with R&I, bankwest 60yrs ,YES They are so awesomely helpful reliable supportive protective & wonderful in everyway .The customer service is always brilliant supportive & very wonderful service in everyway .Today on phone banking I had to do 0 help talking the help was caller Leesa no. bb88510 was so helpful again for me. Thankyou for phone banking & productive awesome starf

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Luke Lam

Luke Lam

Bankwest by far is the best Online Bank I ever had out of 8 others

Helpful staffs understanding your situation and honoured as promised.

Will continue bank with Bankwest for as long as they don't turn into one of those larger banks which are less customer focused over time.

Michelle C.

Michelle C.asked

BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked

Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

minni
minni

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.

angry

angryasked

BankWest

Does Bankwest intend to pass on the latest cut in interest rates in full for all home loan customers?

Michael
Michael

Angry,
I have no idea. I am not an employee or in any way connected to this bank.
I do know however that are a terrible bank, not just because I have had a bad
experience, but look at all the reviews.

micheal