Online, Branches

1.5

Shane

ShanePerth

Snail pace in service

Found many times so slow in transferring my money from my account to another bank takes ages.
Where another bank i use its instant transfer.
How come being so slow these days with your technology software.
Should be instant this is the age of technology not paper sorting.
I will be closing my account with Bankwest.

Davaar Dan

Davaar DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Doing ok

No problem adjusting my rate. Took a while (3 attempts to just get through) but got there in the end. Whilst the product is a bit average, the service more than makes up for it.

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
Dominic B.

Dominic B.Richmond-Tweed, NSW

Non Covid Friendly and Terrible Fraud department

TopicCredit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

jay

jaySydney, NSW

worst bank in the world

worst bank ever. Got scammed for all my life savings and bank refuse to help me, spoke to be so rude and im currently taking this bank to court. Be aware of this bank

Lex

LexGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

BankWest Fraud Department

The Bankwest fraud department are the most unprofessional, unqualified degenerates Bankwest you really need to re-evaluate the process of your fraud department spastics there assumptions for the third time has cost me $30000 because these idiots at Bankwest blocked my accounts 3 times after l already verified the transactions l made where 100% legitimate but no Bankwest thinks they know better & cost me a job valued at $30K & a knew client & all l get back from Bankwest is sorry for any inconveniences but then decides to block my accounts again because l received a $11K deposit from selling my car & it’s been 3 weeks & it’s still blocked. What a stupid bank people beware of these Bankwest thieves.

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account
Haidery

HaideryGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Are you sure you want to apply for Home Loan with Bankwest?

I have been with the Bankwest for almost 3 years now - thankfully will close all my accounts with them in few days. I have fully lost my confidence in this bank. They will turn its back to you when you need them. There are so many banks in the market so think twice, thrice ... before you apply with this ripoff Money-hungry bank.

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and Loan Application
Lex

LexGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Crap n Joke

Bankwest you bunch of idiots you have done nothing but inconvenience me how many times are you going to block my accounts for no reason the fraud department needs to learn how to detect fraud because there assumptions that cost me money have always been wrong & let’s not talk about the bad attitude & ignorance of Bankwest employees & mangers Never bank with these crap & a bunch of criminals you will get your day bankwest

TopicATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

Horrible Experience -> financial difficulty now

I applied for a Bankwest Home Loan via my broker. They approved of my scenario and issued me an Unconditional/Formal Approval. The Formal Approval was clear-cut and not subject to any conditions. I went unconditional on my contract for the home I purchase and paid the deposit. Then, Bankwest revoked the formal approval. This has placed me in a very precarious financial situation where I am at great risk of losing my deposit of around $26,000.

TopicLoan Application
Steven Bruni

Steven BruniGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Very happy Chappy

TopicATM Experience, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

Caro

CaroPerth, WA

We’re here when you need us.........shame on you for making such false claims!

This Bank will give you an umbrella on a sunny day and take it back when it's raining ! They are not there when you need them........ and it's indecent they are able to make such claims. Complete lack of empathy and totally ruthless BEWARE

TopicBusiness Banking
Vibing G.

Vibing G.Sydney, NSW

Hidden fees that never happened before...

Bankwest has been charging me foreign transaction fees when the products I bought were Australian. They said that if the transaction is processed in US then you get charged although the amount suppliers processed were in AUD. Both the suppliers in past 2 month have said that they processed it in AUD but the 3rd party they are using in US and they have never heard of such a case. Definitely going to change as soon as COVID settles down. I have bought from these suppliers before and never had the extra charge. They said as soon as you put your debit card details it is treated like a credit card. Really disappointed at their dodginess.

Alla

AllaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Beware!!! 2 Months To Re-finance A Loan.... Pathetic Service!!!

TopicLoan Application
Angela N.

Angela N.South East Queensland, QLD

This bank has been amazing during COVID

Customer service for financial assistance has been absolutely amazing. They have been empathetic and fast acting.

I have been banking with BankWest for over 5 years, I am very impressed and will not g BF e changing.

Angela

Live

LiveDarwin, NT

Hand balling is customer service these days

Speaking to a home loan staff me never Jessica D Home Finance Manager in WA, after she gets backs to be days/ week later, she advised she was going on leave and could not help, and to call up to get so one new.

I advised happy to wait and that works with Well with me.

Then refused to help saying must contact the phone number to get help. ( this was after the phone staff advised to use the contact us on the website)

TopicGeneral Transactions and Loan Application
Eoin

EoinPerth, WA

Service non existent at malaga branch. An embarrassment to banking

Malaga branch is just shocking service
Over an hour for a simple transaction
Also stated a simple bank transfer would take 5 to 7 days but could offer immediate transfer for 35 dollars.
This was done to a woman in
Her 80s I was just helping her out.

Abdel

AbdelPerth, WA

East or west don’t bank with bankwest

BankWest branch in cancelled my card without my request to find out that I need to stay from Saturday till Tuesday without any access to my account, I called they said to take id and drive to the bank to get cash out went there to find out that the bank been closed the whole day called again and they told them just to activate it so I can use my Apple Pay to buy food and put petrol and they didn’t care

CGSYD

CGSYDSydney, NSW

Covid Hardship Package vs Hardship - Be VERY CAREFUL!!!!

ruki

ruki

Worst Bank for customer service

Have been with them for more than 30 years. Not helpful at all. Extremely inflexible and does not care about the older customers who need help at the counters who are unable to do online banking.

C.W

C.WGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worst bank ever

Worst bank ever, very inflexible with their policies. Have been with Bankwest for a while - okay if you don't require any assistance from them however, the minute you do, very hard to get hold of anyone, unwilling to assist you to retain you as a customer. just provide you with a template response. they don't care about their customers. App is basically unusable so is their banking website!!! AVOID AT ALL COST.

WTF BANKWEST

WTF BANKWESTGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

THE WORST BANK IN HISTORY

Antonino here again just informing all never to bank with bankwest what a bunch of imbasoles thanks to bankwest my contractor's couldn't be paid because bankwest assumes fraud was involved in a deposit even though documents as evidence was supplied as requested

TopicBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account

Michelle C.

Michelle C.asked

BankWest

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

Fired Up
Fired Up

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked

Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

minni
minni

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.

angry

angryasked

BankWest

Does Bankwest intend to pass on the latest cut in interest rates in full for all home loan customers?

Michael
Michael

Angry,
I have no idea. I am not an employee or in any way connected to this bank.
I do know however that are a terrible bank, not just because I have had a bad
experience, but look at all the reviews.

micheal