Online, Branches

Emma

EmmaPerth, WA

Excellent Service at Bankwest Armadale

I was visiting Armadale branch this morning and impressed with the CS and Teller extra efforts to serve us customers. The teller helped me to reactivate my dormant account efficiently and effectively deliver the service. So glad that my problem solved quickly. Appreciation for Bankwest Armadale for its excellent services.

Joe

JoeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Make a coffee you'll be here a while

One hour and twenty minutes on hold. I cannot remember the last time a company left me on hold for so long.....I think Telstra maybe 10 years ago. I was ringing to find out why their adds are offering an interest rate far lower than what I was getting, the excuse I didn't ask for it. I advised them if they adjusted mine and everyone else automatically we wouldn't be on hold for an hour and twenty minutes to ask for it. Don't do business with these guys it's exhausting.

Michael W.

Michael W.South East Queensland, QLD

Bankwest are an irresponsible waste of time!! Go Elsewhere!! Fast!!

YWS

YWSSydney, NSW

Slow and unhelpful

Take days to transfer payment over $1000, even though it's to another AU bank and a linked account. When unauthorised transaction happens, the helpline is never answered and staff unhelpful.

Minsta

MinstaGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bankwest has yet to lower my interest rates

TheReciprocist

TheReciprocist

Most customer-unfriendly bank I’ve ever dealt with

Dealing with Bankwest is just one hassle after another. This bank seems obsessed with making the simplest things an ordeal.

Want to set up a direct debit for your credit card account? You need to fill out a paper form and submit it, then wait a few weeks. Then they’ll randomly direct debit your account on a random date and not explain it.

Want to change some of your account details? There’s also a paper form, and you have to photocopy all documents and bring them into a branch, rather than scan them in. Your nearest branch is a couple hundred kilometres away? Too bad.

If you don’t want stress after stress, don’t bother.

SCS

SCSGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Worst bank ever

I applied for my home loan in November 2020 and I literally have 3days till settlement and still haven’t got official approval. I am only going through them because of my broker if I didn’t have days left I would’ve cancelled everything and gone through someone else. Just ridiculous.

Kiran

KiranSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible Bank, dont fall for it

I have a home loan with them for the past two years and these guys only care about their fees but nothing else. They don't care about customers. If possible stay away from these guys.

Garry Hookey

Garry HookeySouth East Queensland, QLD

Extremely poor customer service and incompetence

I have decided to cancel my Bankwest accounts. In order to have my saving balances deposited into a linked account I had to change my linked account details. I have provided my new linked account details three times. As of now they have asked for information which I have provided and been approved by a staff member at its Helensvale office. I have never encountered an incompetent bank such as Bankwest. Avoid it as there are more professional banks such as a credit union.

nick irwin

nick irwinHunter Region, NSW

home loan and general banking

We have 2 loans and our everyday accounts with Bankwest, never had a issue with them. They have been great to deal with. Only thing sometimes wait times are a little long when you call. But its a australian call centre!

Business Loan Application, drawn-out and painful

Applied for a small business loan this year (2020) for equipment that we could technically already buy outright but wanted to pay off gradually. It took BankWest ages to decide and asked for the same paperwork multiple times. They eventually declined us for the loan, claiming that we were running at an extreme loss and we’re too risky as a small business, strange lending criteria. Lot of screwing around and false reassurances up until the last minute. Do yourself a favour and avoid the runaround, plenty of other banks and options! Just terrible.

Anthony

AnthonySouth East Queensland, QLD

Don't bother

Odd lending criteria - I inquired to transfer a mortgage from a major bank to BankWest for the lower rates. My inquiry was rejected being told that I did not meet their "risk appetite" because I have shares and an income from a non-bank lender.
Nothing else mattered.

Bankwest Glen Waverley

Great to get assistance by George and staff at the Glen today . Refreshing to see dedication and going above the call of duty to help me out 5 stars .I

Mara.p

Mara.pHobart, TAS

Appalling service and communication

Daughter had offer accepted on a home loan, the finance broker pushed her to accept bank west mortgage product, bank west told her that she was approved conditionally right up until the final day when finance was required whereupon she was told she did not earn enough in her second job so they would not be approving her home loan.
If they had been upfront initially she could have shopped around for other loans but to leave it till the very last day defies belief!
Heartbreaking miserable institution, my advice is avoid, there are many other banks out there with better communications and more professional dealings.

Francis H.

Francis H.Sydney, NSW

Slow Response Time and Other Problems with Complex Securities Team

CJS

CJS

BankWest call centre is run by Laurel and Hardy

We had an old account that suddenly started getting charged a fee for paper statements. Went online to close it, but wouldn't. It too four different calls to the call centre for them to work out it was because they needed new photo id because of 2006 money laundering legislation, which they had never communicated to us about. Three different call centre operators could not diagnose the issue.

Edit: It gets better. We just found out that having gone through all the hassle they told us to go through to fix it (getting IDs certified and posted off), they told us the wrong thing. They even admitted they told us the wrong thing! Now we have to sort it out in a branch and the nearest one is 30min away.

Sarah.R

Sarah.RPerth, WA

Home loan App

Do these people even work during the day ? Seriously waiting so long for our home loan to be approved it's ridiculous give them what they ask for and it still isn't enough an absolute joke. Hurry up and say yes or no .there are other lenders we could go through !!!!

Joe M

Joe MSydney, NSW

Bankwest just cancelled my card

Been with Bankwest as a credit card customer for over 5 years, received a letter today saying they will not issue a new card when my present one expires. Never missed a payment and always paid the whole balance. Rang them up and asked them the reason. Apparently I don't use the credit facility enough to be a valid customer anymore so they are throwing me away. But get this I can reapply in 6 months to get a new credit card. This is the brave new world of customer service. Or maybe the parent CBA is pushing them into a hole.

Regular Aussie

Regular AussieWestern Australia

Stole money out of our accounts

Rebecca S.

Rebecca S.Sydney, NSW

The worst bank I’ve ever used!!!!!

Bank west business banking has been the worst experience with a company I’ve ever had to date. Constantly freezing our company accounts (when I’m internet shopping and the website glitches) they lock every and all my loans and mortgages have defaulted and they made me and two directors all drive 4 hours to present at a branch with 100 points of ID. When we finally arrived the BankWest Sydney city branch did not greet me, rudely sat me down and when I complained of my experience they said ok then why don’t you shut your accounts? What kind of establishment is this? Absolutely horrible customer service, poor processes, over the top security So you can hardly ever access your money. I highly highly discourage anyone from using this bank!