BankWest

BankWest

Branches and Online

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Craig from Mollymook Bea

Craig from Mollymook BeaIllawarra, NSW

Lousy service

I am going overseas which I have notified them of. All I want to do is get a temporary exemption to my SMS code. I should be able to do this online, but no I have to ring them. This is the second time today I have tried only to be put on hold for over 30 mins. I am sick of this and when I get back from overseas I will search for other credit cards who dont treat me with the contempt they do

Naga

NagaPerth, WA

Bad customer service I been 5 years..it's not really reliable currently.need trained the customer service staffs.

Sharee

Sharee

Moving goalposts

went for construction loan with BankWest, they keep asking for more deposit money. Now we have either no money to finish the house or no house loan and we are already over $60k invested. They have moved the goalposts so many times and use dodgy valuation firms. Our valuation has been altered 3 times despite valuations supposed to be fixed for 3 months they altered ours within 48 hours costing us more money each time.
Avoid this bank at all costs!

Cafe Del Mar

Cafe Del Mar

Bad Customer Service

Afternoon, October 2019.
Wanneroo branch. Deposited cash on behalf of my partner. I requested receipt " Could I have a receipt please?" The female staff replied" When I am finished ". I was shocked. She failed just to do a basic customer service. Bankwest , you need to train your staff!

KMO

KMOSydney, NSW

Terrible bank, don’t waste your time.

lol customer service in the Sydney Branch. Applied online to open a transaction account and the form wouldn't allow the ' in my name, had to remove it. When visiting the branch they said I need to apply again with the '. I did and again received an error message. The lady couldn't work out why. She couldn't confirm my ID because of the ' apostrophe. She called someone higher, no resolution was found, then said she needed to go to an appointment and would have someone else open the account for me. A total waste of my time, the lady had zero interest in having the issue fixed, or helping me open the account, all she kept repeating was it shouldn't be doing that. Would not recommend this bank at all!

TopicNew Account

Neat ski

Neat ski

Worst bank ever keep screwing everything up

Had bank for about 3 months. They have lied and given inaccurate information about several things. They are not reliable at all. I would never refer them. If I didn’t have my mortgage with them I would change.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Den

Den

Claremont- no compassions

Absolutely no compassion. I’m trying to access money from my long term savings with compassionate reasons. Head office have no idea what the terms compassionate grounds is to access your own Money
Disgusting

dennis o.

dennis o.Perth, WA

Rejected credit card application

Have excellent credit rating. No mortgage. Cars paid for. Good salary. Existing cedit card with other bank. Yet rejected credit card application with Bankwest. Unbelievable over an hour wasted listening to repeated diatribe

Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lying, Stealing, Thieves

Robert

RobertPerth, WA

ASIC Registration for opening up a account

I have been trying to open up a business account for 4 weeks and all I am getting from Bankwest the business name has to be open in the name(s) of the individuals I keep telling them log onto the ASIC website and look up the business name and you will see that the two entities are noted including there ABN numbers obviously too difficult to do at there end they keep telling me to go back to ASIC and update the document, ASIC telling me that the document is correct I think the intelligence factor is not quite as high as it once was at Bankwest

TopicBusiness Banking

Worst ever bank

Susan Hill

Susan HillSouth East Queensland, QLD

Worst bank and customer service ever

John J

John JGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Still waiting on reason for credit card denial

Branch said foreign income was accepted at application stage.

Then branch phoned 2 weeks later to say it would not be accepted as income and that I would receive a formal letter advising me of the reason for denial.

Five weeks later and still no letter received.

If this is the sort of customer service they provide I am glad I don't bank with them

MrT

MrTPerth, WA

Most disappointing Bankwest on-line service

Bankwest on-line service kept me waiting for 30 minutes or more to talk to one of their consultants. At the end I gave up. I needed to do a simple payment for my vehicle licence but Bankwest system cut me out. That's why I needed to discuss it directly with one of their consultants. Not happy for sure!

Anita

AnitaAlice Springs, NT

Excellent bank personnel and friendly staff

Bank west took on our loan they were the only bank that helped us , always been helpful and friendly now that we are down the road and our business is productive we won’t go anywhere else

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

AMAZINGLY FANTASTIC !!!

First time experience at Bunbury Centre Point branch, opening an account and ordering a Halo ring with Kaylene, who was not only extremely helpful but also had a genuine kindness and a no rush patient attitude, while the whole time behaving in a professional and polite manner. I would highly recommend this pleasurable experience to anyone. Geoff

MichaelGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Forget Bankwest

Don't even think about doing business with this Bank. They follow no rules at all. You are much better of going with 28 degrees card if you want no overseas transactions fees, no annual fees, and no fees on foreign purchaes.
They don't even bother to answer your enquiries when things go wrong!

John F.

John F.Sydney, NSW

Woeful Service

I applied for a zero international fee credit card 5 weeks ago.
Application on-line was simple but the pain starts when they assess your information.
I provided a yearly rental statement, they requested 3 month rental statement.
I had to explain to them that all the information they were after were contained in the yearly statement.
Was looking to get this card before my next overseas trip which was never going to happen.
Customer Service is unbelievably poor, I have no idea what the hold up is but have decided this bank isn't worth my time

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

Safir

SafirPerth, WA

Unbelievably poor admin!

TopicNew Account

Customer Service Non Existent

Called to try and close an account. after 35 minutes and having given them full name date of birth and account details they wanted to know what internet browser Im using?? really?? didnt pass the identification process using All the same details I used to open a couple of accounts a month ago without any problems. Now locked out of my account and have to wait 48 hours for them to call me. Never had worse service from a bank in my life. Tempted to take all my money out and just go elsewhere.

hardinlawasked

Online

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

hammerhead
hammerhead

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.

angry

angryasked

Does Bankwest intend to pass on the latest cut in interest rates in full for all home loan customers?

Angry,
I have no idea. I am not an employee or in any way connected to this bank.
I do know however that are a terrible bank, not just because I have had a bad
experience, but look at all the reviews.

jkl
jkl

Ask the bank

Annie D.

Annie D.asked

Why am I been charged a $10.00 Fee on my $100.00 Pension from UK for the past three Months.
Uk Pensions say this should not be happening, I have allready complained to Bankwest and advised this charge will continue Please explain, this is ridiculous on such a small Amount. I have been with Bankwest for nearly 50 years. I wont tolerate this charge, why are you doing this to Pensioners.

Get an answer from our members and BankWest representatives