BankWest

BankWest

Branches and Online

Worst experience with bank ever

Tried to get card as advertised for my wife traveling to Europe with no foreign exchange fees. Application been in progress??? since February. I am blind so no drivers licence, my passport is out of date because I do not intend to travel. The process has caused humiliation and delay. I am now very angry but will persist because that which you walk past is the standard you accept and I will not accept such a poor standard and low regard for people. I continue so that hopefully Bankwest will lift its standard and the proverbial little old lady who is unable to defend herself will receive proper treatment. Stay away from Bankwest.

Review TypeCredit Card Application
This site shows many have problems with Bankwest. It does not seem to want to recognise that customers are unhappy. Write direct to the CEO, Mr. Munchenberg, maybe, just maybe, he might care enough to cause some change.I wrote to the CEO, Mr. Munchenberg, on 31 May. No response, not even an acknowledgement, letter was polite and factual, supported by evidence. I have just been informed by a polite young lady from the parent company, CBA, that I have been duck shoved again. Obviously CEO, Mr. Munchenberg, does not bother himself with the Bank's image as shown on this site. I will not stop reviews until I get a satisfactory response. Meanwhile others take heed and avoid Bankwest.

Keep away from this bank

Definitely keep away from this Bank.
It is unfortunate that people do not check with this product review
site before they start dealings with this bank. Judging from the reviews,
people come here after the fact; unfortunately like me.

Great Bank

So far a great bank, easy to contact (via online chat or the app) and always get a quick response. Great products and simple banking, so far very happy with them.

Review TypeNew Account

Terrible terrible experience

I've been with the bank for 7y, they've progressively become worse to deal with. Unreliable, poor customer service and putting me through hell and back every time I need something.

Review TypeLoan Application

Won’t let me speak to a supervisor

I had an issue with one of my transactions and requested to speak to the Supervisor. The operator who said he was a customer service officer couldn’t resolve the matter. He kept saying that there wasn’t any supervisor and the Manager was not available either. He said he would get the Manager to call me back within the day. It’s been 2 days and no call came. They just don’t care. WORST bank to not even have a supervisor to speak to customers. Thumbs down x 10.

Stay away from this Bank

Good advice from Courtney. Be smart and take it. Stay away from this Bank.
Tried to get a credit card, but they declined me, refused to give a reason.
It's alright to decline, but you must give a reason.
Stay away from this Bank.

STAY AWAY FROM BANKWEST

STAY AWAY FROM BANKWEST!!!! If you want to be consistently lied to and stolen from, then take out a home loan with them. After being a "loyal" bankwest customer without any warning my home loan was increased $1000 a month because my fixed term ended. I told them my property was for sale and they pushed a fixed rate loan on me. Advised me that the break away fee would be the same no matter what. Well didn't I get a surprise on the day on my settlement!!! Only to be told that I can either cancel settlement or pay the exorbitant fee. What kind of a resolution is that?
I suggest if they ever give you any information, you must ask them to email confirmation because one day later they will recanter on it. Life couldn't be better no that I have moved to Westpac, finally dealing with a competent bank.
Would give 0 stars if I could!

They stole $240,000 from me

I have been with the bank since 2009. We are currently in the process of selling a property we have. I has surplus fund in the loan account ( enought to pay out the loan) to minimise interest. I filled in all the paperwork to discharge the loan at settlement, in another 4 weeks if the buyer doesnt have any issues with finance or a building and pest inspection.
But the back decided to close the loan and send the title to the solicitors.
So at the moment they have stolen $240,000 from me. I dont have the money and I dont have a title. When I called they just said we'll give you a call in a few days..
You have just stolen $240,000 from someone. I want a call tomorrow.
Please dont back with them. Time and time again they dont have the ayatema in place to be called a bank. Its just a clown circus there.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Definitely Keep away from Bankwest.

I applied to Bankwest for a credit card. After spending over two hours providing a ton
of documents, they declined me, but could not give a reason.
I complained to their customer service. A customer service female (unfortunately I do not
remember her name), rang me to tell me that they do not give reasons for any action
on anything they do.

I followed this up, then I received a ridiculous email from another customer service
rep. Named Adrienne Thomas: It said that
the reasons was not my credit file, which is unblemished. In the next paragraph he
said that they had considered my application on past credit.

I requested that all my financial information that they had collected should be destroyed,
and to contact me when that was done. This was weeks ago. I have not heard.

The fact is that Banks provide a public service, and when they decline they should give an explanation.

They closed their branch in Doncaster…..I wonder why??!!

Keep clear from this Bank.

Trying to open an account for my daughter

I tried to open an account for my daughter they were aware of her age spoke to 3 ppl in bank waited 2 weeks for card spoke to more ppl waited another 2 weeks no card spoke to another 2 ppl and now I find out she’s to young for a card how is this only being picked up now and not the 7 other ppl I spoke to, huge lack of knowing their own products and what a waste of time

Review TypeNew Account

Bankwest closed my account without reason.

I have been with this bank for 10 years now and they have recently closed my account without informaing me. In this case, this bank is extremely unreliable and when I rang up the customer service, they said they could not give me a reason and there is nothing they can do.

Worst bank ever

Worst bank ever, I’ve been with them for 6 years and because I moved 3 hours away from the closest branch they have frozen my account! I have a lot of bills to pay and now I’m told that I have to wait until further notice.

Radio silence after being approved for credit card application only to never hear from them again

I applied for a BankWest credit card so that I could use it overseas without fees and so that I could get the cool halo ring. I wasn't approved for their top card but was approved, according to the website, for the mid tier card. The site asked me to submit my payslips so I sent those over immediately. I received an email saying I would get a call or email from BankWest with next steps. And then.... nothing. Today, almost 3 weeks later, I called up to ask what's going on. Apparently they had sent me a letter saying I've been declined. I'm fine with them declining my application, but why tell me I'm approved if I wasn't? All the info I provided matched the info provided in the application. And why tell me that they will email or call me when all they're doing is posting a letter? In some ways I'm almost glad I wasn't approved if this is the level of customer service. Though I really did want that halo ring!

Review TypeCredit Card Application and New Account

Bad Banks

Been with Bankwest for over 50 years. Since take over by Combank is now about how much can we rip off customers. Terms and conditions change with no notice and designed to charge you more for less, e.g. credit card terms changed and after paying off completely each month with no charge then started to incur large fees, accounts changed from earning interest and low fees by bank to no interest and high fees, debit card cancelled by bank with no notification so I was left without access to my money either as cash or to pay by debit - their excuse - I hadn't used it enough and to reinstate I had to apply either by presenting at a branch (there are only 5 in my city or use a mobile chat app) then it would take a couple of weeks. Call centre were rude, obstructive and responded that I should change banks if that's what I wanted - so now in the process of transferring to a smaller customer focussed ethical bank - Bank Australia

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

They closed your account without your consent

The balance in my Easy Transaction Account was $0 and due to personal circumstances I did not use my account for 6 months. Bankwest closed my account without my consent and I only found out when logging into Internet Banking and did not see the account. They deemed the inactivity period of 6 months is sufficient to close an account without notifying their customer. They tried to offer a solution by requiring me presenting myself to a branch and fill out a form so my account can be re-opened. What a joke. No wonder why their branch in Bankstown Centro has closed down and their rating on productreview is so low. Don't bank with Bankwest if you don't want to go through trouble like me and other people.

Gold Term Deposit Account

The rate of return on the Gold Term Deposit Account is reasonably competitive. However, if you want to vary the amount to be rolled over at the end of the term, the product is very deficient. If you want to redirect a portion of the invested amount back to your transaction account, you can't roll it back directly. Instead you have to write (or fax) a letter to the Gold Term Deposit Team with details of the BSB and account number to which you want the portion deposited (in my case it is with a different bank). Once the rollover has been effected, I then have to transfer the money from my account with the NAB back to Bankwest.

This is just appalling service. My wife has an account with the Bank of Queensland which I administer on her behalf. When the time comes for rollover of moneys held in her term deposits with BoQ, I just have to phone up and arrange with BoQ staff what amounts I want rolled over and what portions of the term deposit I want redirected back to her 24 hour daily transaction account.

I shall be looking for an alternative to Bankwest's Gold Term Deposit Account when I return from overseas later this year and I would recommend that other people with deposits in this account do the same.

Hold Music Drives Me Abslolutely Nuts !!!

The hold music is so irritating it makes me want to tear my hair out, it's so cringeworthy. I'm a mortgage broker and deal with banks hold lines day in day out Bankwest is by far the worst!!! This silly female voice over going on and on about all the crappy credit cards and home loans they have on offer.... PLEASE. MAKE IT STOP!!!

Overcharging and not valuing customers is their business model

Slugging customers with fees for no or questionable service is still an issue. I was charged a fixed interest break fee for my home loan being just 6 weeks out for renewal anyway. I asked for a waiver and what amount of revenue they have lost due to my early termination. Got told that the fee is not for covering any loss of income to the bank but just because they can and NO of course they will not waive.
I am a customer for 5 years now with a squeaky clean credit rating and now looking for a bank which appreciates loyalty, creditworthiness and low customer risk.
Guess who will not get my business when I buy my next home!

Slow response

On the 15th of February I lost my Bankwest debit card. They were notified immediately and I was told a new card would be issued within 10 working days. Three weeks later still no card so I emailed Bankwest and received a reply three days later asking me to confirm my address online which I did , although I had previously confirmed my address when I reported the lost card. Now I will have to wait another 10 days to receive a card.
I also lost my ANZ card on the same day and received a new one within 5 days.
Terrible service Bankwest.

Still waiting for a new card. I just contacted Bankwest again and was told I will have to wait another ten days. What a joke !. they have referred my complaint to the customer service team. I didn't realise they had customer service, what a surprise

BankWest Zero Platinum MasterCard

Easy application process for Zero Platinum MasterCard. Very streamline online setup, activation and general login process with detailed terms and conditions. Can't wait to use my card. Zero foreign Currency fee!