BankWest

BankWest

Online, Branches

See the Best Banks in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Loawn

Loawn

Don't bother with the credit card application

TopicCredit Card Application and New Account

SuperRev

SuperRevSydney, NSW

Just appalling - just stay away

TopicNew Account

Avoid Bankwest at all costs.

I have been with Bankwest for 15 years. But now they are trying to get out of the WA property market, they are making the lives of WA property buyers a nightmare. I was told when I got my loan I would get 2 five year interest only periods. Last week I tried to get the second 5 year interest only period. But Bankwest wants me to apply for a whole new loan and through their chosen mortgage broker. Avoid Bankwest at all costs.

TopicLoan Application

no tax knowledge AT ALL

I have invest some cash with bankwest, and the interest I earned have been deducted at tfn tax rate which is over 40%, I told online staff and call them to explain that I am non resident and should be taxed at 10% non resident tax rate, BUT NO ONE UNDERSTAND, including team leader, staff member, that's basic knowledge of interest payment tax deduction. anyway, avoid them if you can :(

TopicATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions, Loan Application and New Account

angry

angryPerth, WA

Avoid Bankwest at all costs

In 2012 we decided to move our mortgage to Bankwest. Biggest mistake we have ever made and regretted that decision for the last 7 years. Call centre staff are rude and don't know what a principal only payment is on a home loan. Staff don't even know what there internal policies are. Staff calling in relation to credit card transactions done overseas even though the bank was informed in writing that we were travelling. The list of complaints is endless. Our refinancing is about to be finalised and I am so happy that we will end the nightmare of dealing with Bankwest.

Pathetic bank

Do not waste your time with BankWest!

Just found out that BankWest has rejected our loan refinancing after stuffing us around and delaying our application for 6mths!! But after reading the other reviews and being informed that we can actually get a better rate with ING and AMP, we dodged a bullet!

TopicLoan Application

Michaela

MichaelaPerth, WA

Stolen money and no answers

The ATM took my money and did not deposit the money into my account after I cancelled a deposit transaction at the ATM. I immediately spoke with a Teller and she filed a dispute and said someone will contact you. I said I had to walk away with some kind of evidence of the incident. She offered a photo copy of the day and time it was lodged.
I followed up 48hours later with no contact, she said it may take up to a month. Its now been 2 weeks and had heard nothing, no email nothing to acknowledge they are investigating.

As far as I am concerned this is stolen money and there should be far more urgency involved in getting it back.

TopicATM Experience
mazza

mazzaSydney, NSW

No value for loyal customers

I have been with Bankwest for over 15 years holding multiple accounts with the bank. All I wanted to do recently was increase my card limit and have to go through the entire application process again. I had to 'book in' a consultation to discuss the increase and the customer service advisor was actually not very polite and didnt even care that I said Im changing banks to somewhere who value customers and can actually explain why I have to go through all of this.

TopicCredit Card Application
Unhappy banker

Unhappy bankerSydney, NSW

Closed all their branches and have no interest in serving people and businesses on the east coast. Good bye BW

Hard to get a hold of outside western standard time
CommBank running them into the ground on the east coast with all or there closed branches. You have to go to a post office to deal with them. Also no longer suppling cheques

TopicBusiness Banking and General Transactions

Andrew

AndrewSydney, NSW

Was great now is very bad

They have closed almost all of their branches, and when you phone them there is a 15 minute delay. They are owned by Comm Bank, but you can't do any transactions there. You can't deposit very much cash into the Post Office. They do less and less for you, that's why their advertising campaign is less bank. There is no longer any bank left. Time to leave.

Craig from Mollymook Bea

Craig from Mollymook BeaIllawarra, NSW

Lousy service

I am going overseas which I have notified them of. All I want to do is get a temporary exemption to my SMS code. I should be able to do this online, but no I have to ring them. This is the second time today I have tried only to be put on hold for over 30 mins. I am sick of this and when I get back from overseas I will search for other credit cards who dont treat me with the contempt they do

Naga

NagaPerth, WA

Bad customer service I been 5 years..it's not really reliable currently.need trained the customer service staffs.

Sharee

Sharee

Moving goalposts

went for construction loan with BankWest, they keep asking for more deposit money. Now we have either no money to finish the house or no house loan and we are already over $60k invested. They have moved the goalposts so many times and use dodgy valuation firms. Our valuation has been altered 3 times despite valuations supposed to be fixed for 3 months they altered ours within 48 hours costing us more money each time.
Avoid this bank at all costs!

Cafe Del Mar

Cafe Del Mar

Bad Customer Service

Afternoon, October 2019.
Wanneroo branch. Deposited cash on behalf of my partner. I requested receipt " Could I have a receipt please?" The female staff replied" When I am finished ". I was shocked. She failed just to do a basic customer service. Bankwest , you need to train your staff!

KMO

KMOSydney, NSW

Terrible bank, don’t waste your time.

lol customer service in the Sydney Branch. Applied online to open a transaction account and the form wouldn't allow the ' in my name, had to remove it. When visiting the branch they said I need to apply again with the '. I did and again received an error message. The lady couldn't work out why. She couldn't confirm my ID because of the ' apostrophe. She called someone higher, no resolution was found, then said she needed to go to an appointment and would have someone else open the account for me. A total waste of my time, the lady had zero interest in having the issue fixed, or helping me open the account, all she kept repeating was it shouldn't be doing that. Would not recommend this bank at all!

TopicNew Account

Neat ski

Neat ski

Worst bank ever keep screwing everything up

Had bank for about 3 months. They have lied and given inaccurate information about several things. They are not reliable at all. I would never refer them. If I didn’t have my mortgage with them I would change.

TopicGeneral Transactions and New Account

Den

Den

Claremont- no compassions

Absolutely no compassion. I’m trying to access money from my long term savings with compassionate reasons. Head office have no idea what the terms compassionate grounds is to access your own Money
Disgusting

dennis o.

dennis o.Perth, WA

Rejected credit card application

Have excellent credit rating. No mortgage. Cars paid for. Good salary. Existing cedit card with other bank. Yet rejected credit card application with Bankwest. Unbelievable over an hour wasted listening to repeated diatribe

TopicCredit Card Application

Matt

MattGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Lying, Stealing, Thieves

Michelle C.

Michelle C.asked

Conducted a funds trace with Bank West over a month ago and to this date they have not made any attempt to reply. Funds were placed into one of their customers accounts in error and it appears that they are hiding their heads in the sand and not wanting to have the funds returned to the rightful owners

fred f
fred f

So... where is the question?

hardinlawasked

What is the reply paid reference and address I should use to write to BankWest to attempt to resolve ongoing disputes?

hammerhead
hammerhead

ask the bank

hardinlaw

BankWest is the most secretive and obstructive organisation I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. I have asked the bank on a number of occasions and been fobbed off. This bank has lied, obstructed, misinformed on a simple attempt to have an additional card issued. Every time I have followed the directions given the goal posts have been moved. STAY AWAY FROM THIS BANK.

angry

angryasked

Does Bankwest intend to pass on the latest cut in interest rates in full for all home loan customers?

Michael
Michael

Angry,
I have no idea. I am not an employee or in any way connected to this bank.
I do know however that are a terrible bank, not just because I have had a bad
experience, but look at all the reviews.

micheal
micheal

Ask the bank

Get an answer from our members and BankWest representatives