BankWest Home Loans

BankWest Home Loans

1.8

Heath Brown

Heath BrownCanberra

Sound customer service great rate

Recently I had to discharge my home loan from Mortgage House and Bankwest never gave up on me as I was deciding. Anyway because of their input and know how and guiding me through the process I went with them on a fixed rate home loan. The changeover was effortless.

Online Tools
Loan Start DateAugust 2020
Loan used forRefinancing
Scott Perkins

Scott Perkins

Watch out when you go to settle

I bought a property recently and day before settlement had to come up with $275 ? No actual reason someone in Bankwest stuffed up lucky my conveyencer NOT BANK WEST helped me out or I would of had to pay penalties with vendor? They refunded the money I had to pay in what they said was an apology but not good enough one thing after another with bank west I think I’ll be looking for a new bank soon?

Loan TypeVariable Rate
Loan used forSecond Home
30 yrs  a customer

30 yrs a customerPerth, WA

Warning Beware Bankwest If You Are Operating Under An Enduring Power Of Attorney (EPA)

Amish

AmishVictoria

worst bank i ever come across. Please do not take any loan. Beware of this bank.

Loan Start DateJune 2017
Loan used forInvestment Property
Angel

AngelAdelaide

Worst bank ever

I have my home loans with Bankwest, they are the worst bank I have ever delt with, I have a 3 year fixed rate, and due to the banks poor service, added stress and high fees I wanted to break my fixed loan and get as far from them as possible, how ever I called Bankwest to find out the break costs which was over $15.000, I have reported this bank to the banking ombudsman 5 times, for a range of different things but the banking ombudsman sided with this disgusting bank, unless you want high fees, poor service and added stress stay away from this horrible bank

Loan Start DateDecember 2018
Loan used forRefinancing
regularbloke

regularblokeNew South Wales

BankWest has been fine for me, but I don't have a loan with them...

I've been a BankWest customer for years, but for transaction/saving accounts only. For regular banking they've been great. Solid app and good service. Shame they closed some east coast branches.

Sam

SamPerth, WA

Be careful shop around before you lock yourself up

Online Tools
Loan TypeVariable Rate
Loan Start DateDecember 2010
Loan used forFirst Home
Caro

CaroSydney, NSW

Permanent residency is not enough

I found them being discriminatory regarding the permanent residency criteria. I got rejected because I am a permanent resident through partner sponsorship. I am a full permanent resident (801), not even a temporary one! Their website claims it's sooo easy to apply for a loan, and only mention the PR requirement, not the type of PR.

Application Process

Do not conduct ethical practices

Before disbursing any amount towards any progress payment regarding construction they want customer to pay any variation that they opt separately regardless of that variations was actually delivered on not. If bank themselves doesnt pay themaelves without invoices then why they want customer to pay for something that was not delivered. Is it ethical? No sense at all jungle rules they apply for customer purely unethical. Before settlement of lan loan there was shortfall of around $30k from bank and it got fixed only in last minute before they realised their mistake. Unbelievable

PeterT

PeterTPerth

Home Loan process is the worse by far

Took out a loan with Bankwest at Livingston branch recently and dealt with a foreign guy there.

I must say it did not go smoothly at all and in fact, it was the worse i've ever gone through. He wasn't knowledgeable with the process and kept telling us he understands where we are coming from.

However when we tried to call for him, he ignored our calls completely. I had loans with commonwealth, westpac and other institute and never had this much issue.

Their rates are good but extremely poor customer service.

FYI: He rolled his eyes on me.

Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes

The worst of the worst...

Worst bank owned by CBA

My experience has been hell. The loan was unaffordable they accepted flase info from broker unbeknowance to us. Set me up to take both properties. Put interest rates up shortly after. The loan was taken out. Charged excessively. Fees every five mins. I hope the royal commission sorts out the customer relations people who think they are a law unto themselves. Shame on you.

Customers is a piece of crap to Bankwest

After to take the loan you are like a football in the field they will play the game if you are clever like me you can come out with smart exit good luck guys
Bankwest think customers are stupids and idiots

rajmehta

rajmehtaSydney, NSW

Bankwest has not given me 1.51% discount on Equaliser Home Loan, false adversiting

I am new home loan customer of Bankwest and as advertised on Bankwest website I applied for Equaliser Home Loan. As per website I should get 1.51% discount but only 1.35% discount has been applied. Bankwest is lying to customer and misguiding customers to get new home-loan business.

Do not go with Bankwest as they do false advertisement on the website and cheat customers

home loan approval top up

Hi have been with bankwest for sometime ( watergardens vic), I gave the so called their best and in high demand loan specialist, after giving them everything and only been able to reach them via txt or email ( my choice), I am only to find out via call center the loan manager went and cancelled my top up with out our approval. Going to a different bank NOT HAPPY WITH THEO.

Find out how BankWest Home Loans compares to other Home Loans

Bankwest Zero Interest to retain Customer . Just Switch Your home loan instead of calling the Bank !

Kiwi123

Kiwi123

How long does it take to get a mortgage approval

We applied through a broker for a construction mortgage 19 days ago & broker keeps saying this Friday or this Monday so called them & apparently they can get a decision in 5 days so explain we've been waiting 19 days and had valuation 14 days ago apparently takes longer with a broker & can take up to 6 months. Go figure?

About the same as other banks

Don't ever try to apply for a debit mastercard. I tried for 3 months with no success. I was told not enough equity in my mortgage so i put 100.000 dollars onto my mortgage still no luck now i am looking for another bank.

Charlie

CharlieGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

update

Whoohoo finally granted unconditional approval state manager approved well done bankwest sense prevailed
Now let see how we go.I will give bankwest thumbs up for acknowledging their errors.
Charlie

Joshua

Joshua

BankWest (IN)complete home loan

Just found out that the BankWest 'Complete' Home Loan I have (that costs $399 per year), isn't as complete as I was led to believe, with it not including an Easy Transaction (or basic streamline) account, and have been charged extra for this 'premium' service they offer.

BankWest will charge you for any little thing you want to do with your account.

They also offer crap deals to existing clients, when I refinanced they couldn't help in the slightest, however my mortgage broker was able to get a significantly better deal! They don't care about the clients they do have, and poor retention is going to hurt them in the long run!

Poss

Possasked

I have been approved a house loan through BankWest, how long before a contract runs out after you sight?

James
James

It will say in your letter of offer (provided it is the actual approval, not pre-approval). There is a sect ion that states how long you have to accept.

zachasked

As there are very good rates out there at the moment, am looking at refinancing away from bankwest. How much is their discharge fees?

My Learning
My Learning

Please refer to their website.

Sam01
Sam01

Hi Zach, there should not be any loan discharge charges if the loan was taken after 2011. Although there will be few Government charges like Mortgage registration /de-registration $1 14.00 etc. Best to call the bankwest loan division and ask them for charges in black n white. The best I could see online was 3.99% but I'll be wary of all the application charges and other charges that are included. Please feel free to ask me any questions and I'll be happy to help. I will be very cautious next time as this experience burnt me pretty good.

savanna454

I paid off my BW Premium Select Homeloan last month.
Fees were: (1) Mortgage Discharge $300 (2) Legal Fees $25 (3) Bank Cheque $7.50 all payable to BW and (4) VIC Mortgage Discharge Rego $114 (Vic Gov Fee)

lkch

lkchasked

I mean thinking of refinancing and are exploring my options. I have read about bankwest and...how easy is it to swtich and change and what support does the bank give?

IDKK
IDKK

I refinanced with them in October 2014. I am now switching to another lender. They do not pass on interest rate cuts in full. They do not notify you of change in interest rates. They do not notify you of an increase in offset account fees. They do not notify you if an account is assessed as dormant and shift it to Gov control. It took months to get it back. They do not recognise Enduring power of attorney despite other banks recognising legal documents. They will not return your calls. Communications is very poor with 3 specific examples (each resulting in my loss). Absolutely hopeless.

zach

IDKK, how much did they charge for discharging your loan?

savanna454

See my review regarding "bait & switch". I took my home/investor loans elsewhere for a better deal. Borrowings totalled in excess of $1.3 million.