BankWest Home Loans

BankWest Home Loans

Brand Manager for BankWest? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Samantha
SamanthaMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Worst bank ever

They contacted me after being with them for 7 years saying my ID provided had expired and if I don’t provided new ID they were going to freeze my accounts. When you try and change banks they make it very difficult to leave. It’s like being in an emotionally abusive relationship. If I could give less then 1 star I would. I do not recommend anyone go through this bank

David
David

bankwest are Liars

Had a loan with this bank for years without ever missing a payment and when I ask for a new rate (as I can get a much better one from all other banks) they tell me I have an old loan rate that should not be used and promise to reduce it.
They didn't.

Because I said I will change banks if they do not change the rate they then closed all my accounts and state they refuse to deal with me again.

Corrine
CorrineSydney

Dreadful

AJJ
AJJ

Bankwest delays releasing home loan when refinancing

Rhoda
RhodaPerth, WA

Home loan FHO

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending
Davaar Dan
Davaar DanMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bankwest to Skankwest

Beware! Expensive rate for long unanswered phone queues. Worst decision I ever made to switch to Bankwest! Totally dissatisfied with climbing rates and declining service service. Do not trust!!!!
Go straight to the parent bank (Commbank)

Application Process
Lethal
LethalGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Down Down Focus & Intergrity is DOWN

Heath BrownCanberra

Sound customer service great rate

Recently I had to discharge my home loan from Mortgage House and Bankwest never gave up on me as I was deciding. Anyway because of their input and know how and guiding me through the process I went with them on a fixed rate home loan. The changeover was effortless.

Scott Perkins
Scott Perkins

Watch out when you go to settle

I bought a property recently and day before settlement had to come up with $275 ? No actual reason someone in Bankwest stuffed up lucky my conveyencer NOT BANK WEST helped me out or I would of had to pay penalties with vendor? They refunded the money I had to pay in what they said was an apology but not good enough one thing after another with bank west I think I’ll be looking for a new bank soon?

30 yrs  a customer
30 yrs a customerPerth, WA

Warning Beware Bankwest If You Are Operating Under An Enduring Power Of Attorney (EPA)

Amish
AmishVictoria

worst bank i ever come across. Please do not take any loan. Beware of this bank.

Angel
AngelAdelaide

Worst bank ever

I have my home loans with Bankwest, they are the worst bank I have ever delt with, I have a 3 year fixed rate, and due to the banks poor service, added stress and high fees I wanted to break my fixed loan and get as far from them as possible, how ever I called Bankwest to find out the break costs which was over $15.000, I have reported this bank to the banking ombudsman 5 times, for a range of different things but the banking ombudsman sided with this disgusting bank, unless you want high fees, poor service and added stress stay away from this horrible bank

Sam
SamPerth, WA

Be careful shop around before you lock yourself up

Caro
CaroSydney, NSW

Permanent residency is not enough

I found them being discriminatory regarding the permanent residency criteria. I got rejected because I am a permanent resident through partner sponsorship. I am a full permanent resident (801), not even a temporary one! Their website claims it's sooo easy to apply for a loan, and only mention the PR requirement, not the type of PR.

Other Home Loans

Do not conduct ethical practices

Before disbursing any amount towards any progress payment regarding construction they want customer to pay any variation that they opt separately regardless of that variations was actually delivered on not. If bank themselves doesnt pay themaelves without invoices then why they want customer to pay for something that was not delivered. Is it ethical? No sense at all jungle rules they apply for customer purely unethical. Before settlement of lan loan there was shortfall of around $30k from bank and it got fixed only in last minute before they realised their mistake. Unbelievable

Read more reviews - page 2

Lethal
Lethalasked

What is the Discharge of mortgage fee charged by Bankwest?

Heath Brown

Sorry I don’t know as I discharged from Mortgage House and that was almost $1500 + from memory

Poss
Possasked

I have been approved a house loan through BankWest, how long before a contract runs out after you sight?

James
James

It will say in your letter of offer (provided it is the actual approval, not pre-approval). There is a sect ion that states how long you have to accept.

zach
zachasked

As there are very good rates out there at the moment, am looking at refinancing away from bankwest. How much is their discharge fees?

My Learning
My Learning

Please refer to their website.

Sam01
Sam01

Hi Zach, there should not be any loan discharge charges if the loan was taken after 2011. Although there will be few Government charges like Mortgage registration /de-registration $1 14.00 etc. Best to call the bankwest loan division and ask them for charges in black n white. The best I could see online was 3.99% but I'll be wary of all the application charges and other charges that are included. Please feel free to ask me any questions and I'll be happy to help. I will be very cautious next time as this experience burnt me pretty good.

savanna454
savanna454

I paid off my BW Premium Select Homeloan last month.
Fees were: (1) Mortgage Discharge $300 (2) Legal Fees $25 (3) Bank Cheque $7.50 all payable to BW and (4) VIC Mortgage Discharge Rego $114 (Vic Gov Fee)