96% · 51819 · 4%

Azaria R.
Azaria R.2 posts

The Barney Bed is worth every cent spent

My Labrador is only 3 and already has Osteoarthritis. Two surgeries in and the Barney bed has been nothing but a lifesaver for him. If he gets hot we pop on our cooling cover. The interchangeable covers make bed changing days a breeze and the bed is so beautifully curated it fits right in with all of my decor. The memory foam does NOT sag like other cheap copies. The Barney bed is worth every cent spent. Show details ·  1
Julia
JuliaSydney, NSW2 posts
Nathalie
Nathalie2 posts

Comfortable High End Luxury

Best customer service & my cats LOVE the high bolster. They rest their heads & stretch out on their new bed. So comfortable! Bed for life! Removable linen cover is priceless. Show 2 replies
Nathan
NathanSydney, NSW2 posts

Bed awesome, covers not so much

We've had our Barney Bed for few years... the bed is awesome and the dog loves it. But the covers last less than 12 months... we're about to reorder our third cover in less than 3 years. The stitching in the corners just don't last.
Mahlia
MahliaSouth East Queensland, QLD3 posts

Disappointed

I recently purchased a Barney bed for my six year old dog. Unfortunately she would rather sleep on the floor than the Barney bed and prefers her old bed still.
It’s very rigid, not as soft as I would’ve hoped and generally not a cosy bed. I chose the Barney basic cover for it as well which is very difficult to remove hair from and not a nice material.
Maya
MayaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC3 posts

BUYER BEWARE!

Very poor customer service. I ordered the XL bed, checked the measurements, was sent photos of dogs around my size using this bed so would think that this size would be okay for my Mastiff- it was HUGE! it's nearly the size of a double bed for a human! But because I had taken it out of the packaging, they wont exchange it. I even offered to swap down to a LARGE and keep the price difference of a Large to an XL, but no, they didnt want that either. They offered me 25% off if I bought a Large bed. So I'm expected to fork out nearly 1k due to a sizing issue? Will never ever purchase from this place ever again!
LeeT
LeeTSouth East Queensland, QLD

DO NOT buy “Cooling Cover”

We ordered a Medium Barney Bed with a Cooling Cover. After 3 days of limited use by our puppy the cover was very badly pilling. I reached out to Barney Bed, only to be told I could not return as they had mentioned the pilling on the website (under a scratching scenario). I explained it had only been three days only to be met with refusal. Eventually they said I should take my issue up with Fair Trading.

Their model seems to be that nothing can be returned, even if it is a defective product or a product that does not match the “premium” price tag attached.

This is by far the worst online experience I have had.

Anika
Anika2 posts

Not as advertised

Bed is stiff and “crunchy”. Whats worse is it ripped at the seams within weeks. It’s honestly the worst bed I’ve ever purchased. I emailed the company and they only offered 25% discount for next purchase. What happened to their guarantee?? lol. Kinda a scam.
adventuregal44
adventuregal44

Lack of customer support

The bed itself seems fine, my dog hasn't taken to it though and I have not tried unzipping it to see whats underneath. The company doesn't outright state they won't accept returns or exchanges if you take the bed out of the packaging. There's no way to test the bed with your pet as you can't return it if you open the packaging. The mattress part is hard, very hard. The bed also isnt the shape of standard kennels.
ravenna
ravennaSouth East Queensland, QLD2 posts

Zip jammed on first use

They state that the cover is easy to remove. That is not the case when the zip jams! However to their credit they sent out a replacement cover straight away. Show reply
Kay
KaySouth East Queensland, QLD5 posts

Sam M.
Sam M.

Bed looked nothing like the promotional material

Bed looked nothing like the promotional material. There is not enough foam to fill the cover, looks terrible. Construction is otherwise average at best. For the price it is absolutely unacceptable.
Cheree R.
Cheree R.Sydney Surrounds, NSW
  Fair Incentive Verified

Dogs Love it!

We've had our Barney Bed for 3 years now and its still in amazing condition. We got a second cover so we could switch out covers. I have two dogs that use it and they haven't eaten or destroyed it. If dogs could talk they'd tell Barney Bed creators THANK YOU. Show reply
Crashs mum
Crashs mum2 posts
  Fair Incentive

Best spot in the house

Crash Simpson the bulldog has always hated his beds & often ate them as a sign of protest. I bought the Barney Bed hoping it would survive & to my surprise it did! The cover lasted 5 days (smeh) but the bed is his favourite spot! It’s so comfy & good for his weight carrying joints. Would definitely invest in this bed I can see my house gremlin having this for years to come. Show 3 replies
SKG
SKGSydney, NSW

Not worth it

I bought the large bed for Golden Retriever. First day, the zip came off and the zipper is not strong enough to hold the bed and my retrieve took out the foam. I contacted the live chat support and they asked me to send the photos which I did. Later they replied me saying the photos are not clear etc.. (the photos were taken from my S23Ultra). Now I think I shouldn't hv spent that much money and trusted the hype, should hv bought cheaper one.