Online store, Physical store
Listing monitored by Bay Leather Republic

• Warranty Claim MadeYes (12) · No (40)
  • Product Appearance As advertised (21) · Not as advertised (11)

Rebecca
RebeccaSydney, NSW

If there was a zero rating i would give 0

Had "leather" couches for 2 years, after the first year they started peeling, they had someone come look and apparently it was classed as wear and tear, now 2 years later its peeling so bad and they wont do anything. BLR doesnt exsist anymore apparently and is now being dealt with by freedom, husband spoke to the rudest lady alive today, will be taking this further to fair trading. Absolutely disgraceful. 5k in the toilet

Jacqueline
JacquelineSydney, NSW

Useless care plan

Annette F
Annette FSydney, NSW

Worst follow up service of any company I've dealt with.

If you want to spend your hard earned money to buy from either BLR or Freedom, as this company is owned by Freedom and you'll be at their mercy if you need a rectification under a warranty. Think again.

I have a $7000 modular lounge which is 18months old. One of the recliners has broken down twice. The first time it took 2 months to get it fixed. After 7 weeks the second time I'm still waiting to get my lounge functional. All it needs is a new recliner motor.

Freedom after sales service is non existant. They do not acknowledge receipt of your claim nor do they keep you informed. SHOP ELSEWHERE because if you have an issue be prepared to wait months for a repair.

Find out how Bay Leather Republic compares to other Furniture Shops

Disgraceful. Read this before purchasing from Bay Leather Republic.

Lana Tran
Lana TranSydney, NSW

Bad service, bad quality!

Was quoted 10-12 weeks for delivery of a leather sofa. It finally arrived 18 weeks later - DAMAGED. There were scratches all over what was supposed to be a brand new sofa. The quality did not resemble and was sub standard to the demo unit we saw in store. The worst quality!!! Looking at the ID label on the unit, the unit did not go through nor pass quality control as the QC stamp is not there. Sent an email to Bay Leather Alexandria, have not had a response. Would not recommend!

• +10Thumbnail
RLLL
RLLLSydney, NSW

After almost three years of use...

We purchased the Grand Lodge 2.5 seater + chaise in New Club leather from Auburn. After almost three years of use, the couch still looks almost brand new. Very happy with this and would buy the exact same model if ever we needed a replacement.

Ebbie P.
Ebbie P.Sydney, NSW

Three seat Apartment leather couch

• +5Thumbnail
Shj
Shj

Very impolite careless and irresponsible

Jake
Jake

Terrible service. Awful quality.

Rada K.
Rada K.Sydney, NSW

Very rude and dishonest

Very disappointed with their service, very rude . I will never purchase again from this store again . Delivery was charged and they failed to deliver the promised services. Left a mess behind called to complain and their reply was sorry you wanted your purchase ASAP. Incompetent !! Because of your delivery manner I will not purchase again and wish I can give u back your couch !!! And get better service somewhere else.

Luisa Snell
Luisa SnellSouth East Queensland, QLD

My worst online experience ever...

Warranty Claim MadeNo
Bay Leather R.Bay Leather Republic

Shame of customer service of an Australian company

Izzy H.
Izzy H.Sydney, NSW

Excellent value for money

We purchased our lounge and armchair in 2007 and they have both worn extremely well. We occasionally use leather conditioner on them but aren’t super fussy and they have ‘grown up’ with our two boys. I couldn’t be happier with how long they have lasted with barely any wear considering how rough my kids are. I won’t buy from anywhere else when it is time to replace.

AVPT
AVPTGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

6 months on and we still have no lounge

We ordered a lounge in January which was supposed to arrive in April. No call or contact to say it’s been delayed we had to follow up twice and still no answers to where our purchase is. You should be paying us interest for the half we have already paid you!

Johanna S
Johanna SSydney, NSW

Very good service

I am very pleased with my purchase. Store staff were very friendly, but not' pushy', let us browse on our own but with an offer of help as and when required. We had 2 visits to the store and on each occasion were served by different staff but with the same helpful attitude. Delivery was on target even in these difficult times, were notified a few days beforehand and again 1/2 hour before delivery. The two men who removed all packing did so with minimum of fuss and with a cheerful demeanour although late in the evening. All together a successful purchasing experience.

Read more reviews - page 2

Jow
Jowasked
Bay Leather Republic

Hi, We bought a modular leather sofa only 2 years ago. New club Carlton. We are moving to a new house and planned to extend it but the shop told us it was discontinued and they had no other information for us. I am hoping for more luck on ANY type of solution to extending the sofa we paid over $5000 for. An email saying it was going to be discontinued would no doubt be useful for many of your customers. It is currently unfinished as the end piece didnt fit in our space and we planned to buy it later. So disappointed and am guessing we will have to get rid of it and start again. if you have AN Y solutions to our issue - second hand, floor stock for a final chair, recliner or normal 2 or 2.5 size to complete our unit please let us know. Even if we can get the same leather colour to finish off the "open side". Customer service was very average with just a "its discontinued" and nothing we can do for you and no other options given. I hope you can help more!

Teresa
Teresaasked
Bay Leather Republic

I bought a Metro leather with modular right hand side with sofa bed In silver grey 6 years ago. The Leather of the removal cushion on top our sofa bed has started peeling. Can you please let me know how much does it cost to replace the cushion or can you please recommend a leather repairer in Sydney who can assist with the repair? Many thanks.

Hi there Teresa,

Could you please send through a photo and the possible purchase information so we can see if its possible to order as a spare part?

Please send through to alexandria@bayleather.com.au

Warm regards,

Bay Leather.

Robyn
Robynasked

Hi
I have a 2.5 box office dual motion lounge. I would like to buy a new motor for one of the recliners. also a little white touch up paint. Can you help with this please

Bay Leather R.Bay Leather Republic

Hi there Robyn, we should be able to order in a new motor for you. ith regards to the touch up, I would suggest having a Leather Doctor come and touch it up as we are unable to supply the paint. Please let me know a contact number and I can call you to get the right details of the motor we need.

See all Bay Leather Republic questions

Get an answer from our members and Bay Leather Republic representatives

Compare all 15 Bay Leather Republic
CategoryOnline Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture ShopsPhysical Shops and Furniture Shops
Type of Furniture OfferedSofasSofasSofasSofas