Kim Hopkins

Kim HopkinsPerth, WA

Perfect

Sent an email regarding activating my wife's stale trading account as with to add funds and purchase some more stocks. Received a reply within a couple of hours explaining everything. So easy, was perfect.

Horrible customer service and still unable to process return of funds

Bell DirectBell Direct
Mark C.

Mark C.Sydney, NSW

Lack of Communication and Inefficient

I applied for a Margin Loan on 28.5.20 and for some unknown reason I had to resend my application twice. It is now 5.7.20 and still have not received an answer despite having reminded them by phone and email on numerous occasions. Very annoying considering the extensive information and proof of identity I had to produce.

Online Forex / Share Trading Services

Find out how Bell Direct compares to other Online Forex / Share Trading Services

fair value

fair value

Terrible service

I spent considerable time explaining my situation via email and that I needed more information from a senior person there as I have a brain injury so would need to arrange a time for a phonecall to address my specific questions. I was ignored and received a perfunctory unhelpful response which implied (we meet our response time but don't care about the quality of the response.)

Thank goodness I pay my trading fees elsewhere. I need good service. So much more important than just fees.

Mark D.

Mark D.South-Eastern Region, NSW

4 weeks for an approved margin loan to go live?!?!?!

Applied for Margin Loan beginning of March- approved. Now the beginning of April and the loan still has not been processed. Nor can they offer me advice on when that might be. Managers won't speak with clients.

Roz_and_ChrisSydney, NSW

PIN management and help desk do not understand how PIN works

KARENSYDNEY

very happy with bell

I have transferred all my other holding into bell direct & their customer service has been brilliant. I dealt with their online help, which was so good... not a robot that tries to 2nd guess you like a lot of firms these days. Cannot fault them. my account set up took 1 days - too easy

Tamar

TamarMelbourne

Funds Transfer Out Issues

I wanted to try Belldirect as an alternative to Commsec as the fees are lower. I recently did a funds transfer out but it's been more than 3 business days and funds are not reflected in my bank. I also find money transfers in taking atleast 2-3 days as well... Not happy with such delays... Wondering if anyone else has issues in withdrawing their money out of the Bell direct cash account?

Edit: after a couple days & going back and forth with customer support, this issue is now resolved. It should not have happened in the first place

matt.snowsurf

matt.snowsurf

Could improve a lot

Madharry

MadharryCity

Poor Customer service

Bell staff really need more training... poor communication and lack of understanding of how their system works with the Sharemarket.

Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Poor log in steps

Constantly difficult to log in givers errors then accepts login with no different inputs no access to us markets very weak second rate operator

Easy platform

Not sure why others gripe. I trade on 4 platforms and Bell Direct is fastest and simple. Have been using Bell for over 12 years and never had a problem. It takes 3 days for most trades to settle, but my other 3 platforms are the same. Macquuarie have recently changed to the Bell platform, thankfully. They mucked around with 3 convoluted uselless sites changing from 1 to the other and making trading near impossible. Finally decided to go with a platform that has a good track record. Go Bell Direct for basic trading.

I closed my Bell Direct Account today.

Clunky and not user friendly

I'm not sure who has provided the previous reviews but their trading platform is definitely not user friendly. It's also appears slightly slow to load but this could be my internet although I have no problems with any other brokerage sites. As for the advertised live 1 sec delayed price updates - forget that - doesn't happen.

TarliMelbourne

Stable, reliable trading platform

I've been trading with BellDirect now for several years. Never had a problem, the site is clear and simple to use, always reliable (has never been down), also cheap. My only gripe is their charting is very ordinary so I use another provider for that. I see that Macquarie also uses the same platform with their trading offering.

RGB

RGBDarling Downs, QLD

Consistent Platform

Bell Direct trading platform has been a consistently performing online broking investment service for us. We consider ourselves old fashioned, yet we have been able to access and use the features of their platform without difficulty. Bell Direct's conditional trading achieves a better instantaneous price whether buying or selling. Their brokerage fees are affordable for small trades. We are maintaining our account with Bell Direct, and will use their service again soon. RayGB, Qld. Australia

wally 1

wally 1Darwin, NT

Bell Direct works for me

Malcolm

MalcolmAdelaide 5044

Unity Mining Limited Scam scheme of arrangements

your view on unity mining scam my view a big take for old and new shareholders value when gold starts to flow will jump to 8 to 10 cents a share in quick time this allows a 100 % dilution of equity to get funds in place to get gold

Eddy25

Eddy25AU

Very good platform, almost a one stop shop

broadwater27

broadwater27Gold Coast, Queensland

Medibank Private Experience

I use Bell Direct for most of my trades so when I applied for Medibank Private shares I nominated their Chess account for delivery.
I today obtained online confirmation from the official Medibank website of my allocation and sought to sell today. However Bell would not accept my order until next Monday 1st December when trading on an unconditional basis commences. I wished to sell on a conditional and deferred settlement basis but this was denied. At the close of trading today 450 million shares were traded presumably none by Bell Direct. At this turnover rate there may be no buyers left by next Monday.

Customer24asked

Bell Direct versus Macquarie?
I am new to buying shares and want to open a "brokerage account" to buy franked shares for a steady income stream, and not for active trading. Any useful experienced information would be appreciated : )

Roz_and_Chris

Bell Direct is excellent - daily reports are customisable, web site very clear and easy to use, their help staff are consistently excellent, and their security is extremely thorough.

They are the Gold Standard for service excellence in our experience. Highly recommended.

Customer24

Thank you Roz and Chris, info gratefully received : )

Dino Vasked

This has the least negative reviews and a lot of customers sound very happy with Bell Direct Share Trading! :D I'm a completely new beginner to this trading world but have been doing a bit of research on customer reviews already. Saxo, IG and and CMC Markets have a lot of negative, angry and scary sounding reviews. How does Bell Direct compare with 'Easy Markets' Trading Platform in terms of transaction fees and other fees?

Hi,
I can't tell u how fees compare, however, their customer service if things go wrong is really good. I only trade occasionally ( not a heavy user) & they have been really good with problems I've had with errors in 2 share holdings - it was not a bell error. Website is quite good & easy to use, I like that they don't change or tweek the website all the time too, so I can trade & use site occasionally without relearning their site.

Dino V

Thanks for your reply Karen!

Felix

Felixasked

Are funds available immediately after a sale to deposit into cash account or is there a lag?

Tarli

I'm pretty sure that funds are deposited into your account (with Bell, you can't trade without having a linked account) in the normal T+2 settlement period.

Get an answer from our members and Bell Direct representatives