• Rates and Fees
Narelle

NarellePerth, WA

Great customer service

Very helpful and responsive live chat. Quick and easy solutions provided. The necessary pdfs were attached to the chat. Much better than the other trading platform I use in almost every aspect.

Beagle

BeagleSouth East Queensland, QLD

Have tried many. This suits me well.

The service including executions is quick, has a very good easily navigated website, has a good variety of conditional order options, is comparatively inexpensive, and tax reporting is very good.

Bell DirectBell Direct

Thanks Beagle for sharing your feedback. We're committed to providing our clients with a value-packed offering and it sounds like you're definitely making the most of it. All the best in your investment journey.

Ian

Ian

Simple & Easy to use

Using Bell Direct has been a great experience and I'd recommend them highly. Their online platform has everything you need, their trading is competitively priced, and if you want to speak to someone it is easy to get in contact.

I like the platform

It is simple and easy to use. all the information you need is easily available. The charting is very good. It is very easy to place order and easy to amend the order

Bell DirectBell Direct

Thanks for the feedback Arjun. It's great to hear you're making the most of the Bell Direct investment platform. All the best in your investment journey.

Carl H.

Carl H.Sydney, NSW

Simple, Effective, & Competitively priced

Bell Direct meets all my needs. The layout is easy to navigate. Although there may be now cheaper Internet Brokers, for the price you get quite a lot. Alerts, quality research, technicals, plus other trading tools.

Alec

AlecGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

perfect for my trading needs

Bell meets every thing (and more) that I want in my share trading. I trade mainly as a recreational
activity. Golfers might find playing golf every day becomes expensive for Mr average.... but finding a better golf course at big discount to the other.... is how I feel using Bell.

Marlene

MarleneGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

response to query not available on website

I was provided with detailed instructions to undertake the task required. Response time to my enquiry was within the two working days I had expected. I could then take appropriate action and a form I had trouble finding was also sent directly to me.

Bell DirectBell Direct

Thank you for the feedback Marlene. We're very proud of our customer service team who work hard to ensure your investment administration is simple and quick. Thank you for allowing us to support your investment journey.

Great service & very reasonable fees

I recently needed to transfer money out of Bell Direct account to my nominated account after selling some shares. Once the shares were cleared (which took only 2 days) the funds were in my bank account.

Bell DirectBell Direct

We’re pleased to hear about your simply better experience with our funds transfer process Julie. We hope your investment was a fruitful one!

KerrusPerth, WA

No comparison

Having had trading accounts with both Bell Direct & Comm Sec for several years we closed our three Comm Sec trading accounts in July 2021 due to what we believe to be their unsatisfactory service of our accounts. Since we opened our initial Bell Direct during 2017 we have not had any problems whatsoever & are pleased
to confirm when we email them for advice & or trading queries they are quick to answer our concerns.

Bell DirectBell Direct

Thanks for your feedback Kerrus! We’re so pleased to hear that you’re loving the Bell Direct service and we wish you the best of luck in your investment journey.

Kerrus

At 77 years the journey has had its ups & downs started trading back in 1962 in Sydney & with DJ Carmichael from 1966 fingers crossed am doing OK this financial year. Cheers Kerry & Russell

MickeyG

MickeyGSydney

Bureaucratic

Been trying to move an account back to Commsec for 20 days as it is very slow and bureaucratic to move money in an out of a Bell direct linked account.
Transferring the shares is proving to be equally so.
Apparently BD need a phone call to confirm what Commsec have told them but they did not contact me .

Excellent client skills

From time to time I have had to contact Bell Direct for assistance working with their website and platform and each time my queries/issues were resolved in a timely and professional manner. Staff have excellent telephone manners as well as very good client skills.

Michael S.Central Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

A useful, simple and informative platform to buy and sell AU Shares.

The platform is reasonably simple to navigate. There are some areas that are tricky and hard to find though. All the information required is there. Logging in and out is always secure and easy. What I love about Bell Direct is the chat service! This is great - we can ask questions in real-time, chatting with a real person, and get answers immediately. This is FAR BETTER than waiting on hold on a telephone. However, I have found Bell direct usually answers calls within a reasonable time. One con is that I wish the portfolio screen was able to be magnified to appear larger. Overall a good experience.

Bell DirectBell Direct

From an old chook, thank you very much.

After a really bad 2020, was hoping for a positive 2021, and this week I got it. Thanks to Bell Direct Advantage. Had been putting off computer work for ages, after 2 tries I rang through and with help from a wonderful young lady, we managed to get the work done that needed to be done. Amazing in this day and age, boy, did I appreciate it and am so glad to be able to pass this on to the public. Many many thanks.
No I did not get a reward for writing this nor did I want one. Appreciation should be passed on freely.

Bell DirectBell Direct

Thank you Natalie for taking the time to review us. We appreciate the feedback and thank you for coming onboard. We are very much looking forward to supporting your investment journey.

Best regards,
The Bell Direct Advantage team

Easy navigation and helpful

Portfolio is visible and easily accessible on the platform. Whilst being signed up, you also have access to a lot of resources like reports and videos that help with decisions and research.

Bell DirectBell Direct

Hi Martin, thanks for your feedback and the review. We're glad you feel you're getting value from the research reports! We're proud to have opened up Bell Potter's research reports to all Bell Direct clients to help them make the right call.

Steve C

Steve CMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Overall a great value online trading platform.

Easy to navigate site allowing for efficient trading, as well as offering a large amount of information when researching stocks. Very good daily market updates and tutorials available on YouTube.

Find out how Bell Direct compares to other Forex & Share Trading Platforms

Appreciating one of your service crew

New Bell Direct Client

I am only new to Bell Direct but the service and help I have been given has been second to none. I transferred to Bell Direct following a suggestion by people in the same type of area. I look forward to getting into trading which I am sure can be both fun and rewarding when one is dealing with such a reputable organisation as Bell Direct!

Daniel NP

Daniel NPGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bell Direct customer service is a stonewall

The second time I requested them just to update my corresponding address and they refused. I filled out the form downloaded from their site, provided the new address, signed and sent it back by my email registered with them. They just refused and said the procedure not right. The other two more friendly brokers made the change for me same day, no hassle and no question asked. By the way, the other two online brokers charge much lower commission and offer much more efficient services.

Chris

ChrisIllawarra, NSW

Glad I chose Bell Direct

I wanted to invest in the post-COVID recovery. My friends recommended Bell Direct. Setting up an account was easy with their video tutorials and trading is cheaper than the others.

Kim Hopkins

Kim HopkinsPerth, WA

Perfect

Sent an email regarding activating my wife's stale trading account as with to add funds and purchase some more stocks. Received a reply within a couple of hours explaining everything. So easy, was perfect.

David K.

David K.asked

Buy shares

Michael S.

Of course. Now is the Time to buy. When the market crashes like recently.. buy buy buy buy

Customer24asked

Bell Direct versus Macquarie?
I am new to buying shares and want to open a "brokerage account" to buy franked shares for a steady income stream, and not for active trading. Any useful experienced information would be appreciated : )

Roz_and_Chris
Roz_and_Chris

Bell Direct is excellent - daily reports are customisable, web site very clear and easy to use, their help staff are consistently excellent, and their security is extremely thorough.

They are the Gold Standard for service excellence in our experience. Highly recommended.

Customer24

Thank you Roz and Chris, info gratefully received : )

Dino Vasked

This has the least negative reviews and a lot of customers sound very happy with Bell Direct Share Trading! :D I'm a completely new beginner to this trading world but have been doing a bit of research on customer reviews already. Saxo, IG and and CMC Markets have a lot of negative, angry and scary sounding reviews. How does Bell Direct compare with 'Easy Markets' Trading Platform in terms of transaction fees and other fees?

KAREN
KAREN

Hi,
I can't tell u how fees compare, however, their customer service if things go wrong is really good. I only trade occasionally ( not a heavy user) & they have been really good with problems I've had with errors in 2 share holdings - it was not a bell error. Website is quite good & easy to use, I like that they don't change or tweek the website all the time too, so I can trade & use site occasionally without relearning their site.

Dino V

Thanks for your reply Karen!

Get an answer from our members and Bell Direct representatives