Fat Prophets

Fat Prophets

2.3

John smith

John smith

The product was really bad

I bought a subscription to find out it was not as stated, they don't advise on the market only selected stocks, it's too limited with little reward. I did raise these issues with only a poor outcome.

It’s not free - pure arm twisting and sales technique

Be careful , they flout their free webinars only to then call you multiple times to force you sign up to their product . If you don’t want customers to sign up to the free webinars unless they buy your product , please state this at the start .

Eddy

EddyMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

BELOW AVERAGE

They only talk about their winner's. You never hear anything about the loosers. And from where I'm standing the loosers outweigh the winner's by a country mile. Funny about that.
Look at their FPP fund started a couple of years ago. They took $1.10 per share from their subscribers and the share price is now 70 cents.
A 40% loss and to sweeten the deal they recently cancelled the dividend.
So it doesn't take a brain surgeon to come to the conclusion that you will probably loose money if you take their advice.

gayle wilson

gayle wilsonSouth East Queensland, QLD

They do not deserve one star. Spammers. Ring the 1800 number and can only leave a message! I will be reporting.

They do not deserve one star. Spammers. I have received texts and I have had no dealings with this business. Ring the 1800 number and can only leave a message after you have been placed on hold. I will be reporting.

Ian

IanSouth East Queensland, QLD

Well below average

Arnie

ArnieGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Refund

I lost faith in what my point of contact was telling me.. I won't divulge into it but the was nothing credible with what was being said. I requested a refund only to be completly shunted and ignored.

I followed the companies t&cs. Sent a letter.. In this day and age to request a refund and emailed the company and the person I dealt with.

Not a single response. Now this person who signed me up just won't answer any emails or calls. I did everything by there companies polices.

I strongly recommend you don't fall in the same trap. I'm not going to the ombudsman :-

Ross Clark

Ross ClarkPerth

Who does their research??

I joined Fat Profits 36 months ago and all their recommendations on their website looked fantastic, until I followed some of their recommendations and the price went south, I was then going to cut my losses and sell, but they trumped hang on so I did. Well it all turned to crap and they are still recommending the same stocks, banks, PPS and they have lost nearly 50% of their value. They recommend buy and hold. Their researchers are flawed. Stay away as they recommend shares that slide down from left too right, and claim they are undervalued. Real investments go up left to right. Buyer beware

Classic boiler room

once they had my details I was subject to a series of phone calls pressuring me to subscribe again. I did not discount the idea of resubscibing but explained I had series health issues that were taking my attention.at the time (cancer)
The response from the sales person was nothing short of rude arrogant and insulting

Don't respond to email queries

My membership has more than 1 year to run but I no longer receive the daily emails and cannot access them on their website. When I queried this the first time someone rang me to discuss why they had moved from email to needing to access the daily via the website. Good for you FatProphet, I get the reason but that is irrelevant to my query! And no I don't wish to talk to one of your sales staff on the phone when I work in an open office environment. I have sent two follow-up emails and not had a response. Customer service is apauling.

I'd give you a zero if it was possible.

Find out how Fat Prophets compares to other Financial Planning Services

If you give them your details they won’t stop calling until you pay

I had a guy [Name Removed] call me non stop for 6 months, I told him I will jump on board eventually when work clears up but he didnt take no for an answer.

Definitely not signing up now

Dan D.

Dan D.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Hit and miss

Was with them for over 5 years. Basically they make a weekly recommendations and some mid-week ones. Some work and some don't. It just depends on your luck which ones you happen to choose. One recommendation I went with went bankrupt 3 weeks later. Another one doubled in 2 years. They like to say "ABC" which we have recommended went up 5% today. But many times it drops 5% the next day which is not mentioned. Their web site is very basic. After 5 years I would have made more money leaving my funds in a bank account. Essentially I have decided that these sites are a waste of time and I should just be buying quality shares and keeping them for a long time. Forget trading unless you are an expert.

ABC67Perth, WA

Poor Overall Performance

terrible

I paid $$$$$ to join for 5yrs.
I have invested in some of their managed funds and in FPC not to mention many share recommendations.
I am much worse off than when I was before I joined. I realise this is the risk you take.
have sent emails asking questions that never get a reply, have asked for a return phone call several times and apart from 1 call which I missed they have not returned phone calls.
my suggestion to anyone going to sign up, don't!!!

Ecpaul

EcpaulSouth East Queensland, QLD

Filter of information

I have been a subscriber for many, many years. I cannot say I have done exceptionally well out of my subscription. I subscribe because I regard their service as a filter of information. It is impossible to keep abreast of the global markets so I pay them to do it for me. I then act on their advice or add it to other information I have acquired through other sources. I am a passive investor. I regret not buying MFG when recommended at around $1.50 but I am happy I bought EVN at around 40 cents. But them I also think it is impossible to beat the market consistently.

James

James

Their time has past

I have been a member of Fat Prophets for over nine years and have found the accuracy of their recommendations to have deteriorated in the last few years. I would have been better off leaving my money in a bank account. Their two exchange listed managed funds have been deeply underwater since inception. Of the 25 or so recommendations that I have acted on in the last 3 years, I currently have 5 that have gone up. I have also encountered an arrogance occasionally with staff typical of the financial sector. I will not be renewing my subscription in 2019.

50-50

I have been a long term subscriber (more than a decade), mainly due to their high pressure sales tactic at renewal time. I have found their recommendations to be "50-50", about half of the tips will make money and about half will lose money. Unfortunately for me, the tips that I followed up lost money.

Analyst

AnalystSydney, NSW

Avoid

Nightmare to get a refund

Following a high-pressure sales pitch I subscribed. But I decided after a few days it wasn't for me as I am a low-income earner and $900 is a lot. So, in about June I requested a full refund as advertised. First they said the cheque went missing, then it needed to be cancelled and counter-signed etc. I have to agree with Scammed. Its very very concerning. Maybe there should be a Financial Newsletter Royal Commission. Not once have they contacted me, Surely a EFT refund is not that hard to do.

Rick K

Rick KBrisbane

Amazing . My investment is growing super quick

Wonderful technical support. They have all latest trends available to make the investment grow faster and quick . I have purchased a daily note package , it’s really efficient and worth. In the coming time , would love to become platinum member with them and investment will be fat . Their team is super intelligent with bright ideas and skills . Highly recommend fat prophets to everyone . Cheers Rick .

A treasure trove of investment advice

Fatprophets may be the site to rescue you from doing the regretted, impromptu investment after a work Christmas party. Subscribing to fatprophets has felt like a having a friend who really knows what they are talking about (or maybe 10 friends). Whilst all the information presented is easy to understand, I am impressed by the breadth and depth of what is provided. The information from fatprophets is always relevant and thus I have appreciated the opportunity to continually develop my knowledge.