Merrilee

MerrileePerth, WA

Transferring Funds in - too slow in this technical age!

The cheap flat-rate brokerage and direct holding in CHESS is definately a big plus.

However, I initiated a bank transfer on Friday morning, and it's yet to appear in my SelfWealth account Monday lunchtime Sydney time.
This delay is not an attractive feature for a regular share trader.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Merrilee, there was an issue this morning with receiving files from ANZ (they didn't provide them correctly) and it will be resolved today. Otherwise, it would have normally been in this morning.

All_Star

All_StarSydney, NSW

Good Platform

Very easy to use. Generous 90 day free trial of their premium product. Cheap broking fees and some good features that give investors access to knowledge and experience within the community.

DianneMin

DianneMinSydney, NSW

Love it

Online platform and app are easy to use. I like that I can look at other investors portfolios and see their holdings. I used ANZ prior and was charged $19.95 for a trade. Self Wealth is much cheaper for what essentially is an online transaction so why pay more!!

Mick

MickGoulburn Valley, VIC

Great broker!

Just joined with SW a few weeks back and am genuinely pleased with the service. Just wish there was a quicker way to get funds into my account (rather than thru Bpay or direct transfer).

Yang L.

Yang L.South East Queensland, QLD

Very good, reliable service with unbelievable brokerage

Have joined Selfwealth for 5 years already, has no problem at all. And saved over 5k brokerage. Thanks a lot Selfwealth. I am very glad to have your service and so huge saving for me. I highly recommend to use its service.

Jawad A.

Jawad A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Low trading fees and great service

I am new to online trading, and have chosen SelfWealth for my online trading intially, was under impression that the cost for trading is more than $9.50 for trade, but clarification from SelfWealth makes things clear, yes its $9.50, definitely the cheapest online trading, only thing that could be improved is their mobile app needs to be upgraded to navigate several watchlists easily and quickly, other than that very easy to use app.

Ming L.

Ming L.Sydney, NSW

daily transfer limit

hi. just wondering what's the maximum limit when i transfter the fund to or from my account. i know westpac online investment is $10000, will selfwealth has more limit?thank you.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

There aren't any transfer limits, the only limit you will encounter is the one from your bank, when transferring out.

Application Process

It is a pity that you cannot apply using a tablet that only the laptop/pc works. Otherwise a reasonable process to gain access to this particular means of trading shares.

Steve Edmunds

Steve EdmundsWollongong

Saving heaps and app easy to use

I have transferred all my brokerage to self wealth and now have three accounts, personal, super fund, and business accounts . I am saving heaps in brokerage and find the website and app easy to use . I have recommended Self wealth to friends who are also happy and I get five free trades which is great.

GibboBywong

Good product for newbies to share trading

I'm a newbie to share trading and only dipping my toe in the murky share market waters.
Selfwealth provides a relatively simple and cheap way of investing in the ASX. I found the Web application straightforward and easy to navigate. I did experience some problems buying into an ETF - my bid would not be accepted even tho' it was more than the $600 required minimum. However persistence paid off and eventually it was submitted successfully (I still do not know why it failed after several unsuccessful attempts).

Main issue, I would like to see two factor identification on login (using SMS or email).

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Gibbo, thanks for the review! Do you mind emailing us at marketing@selfwealth.com.au? We can look into that order for you to see why it wasn't accepted.

Gibbo

Jarrod, I did report this problem to your help desk. I was attempting to buy UBA units.The problem was not resolved but after numerous attempts the order went thru' successfully. Rob

Leo

LeoSydney, NSW

Cheap User friendly Interface

Self wealth is the best. Cheap User friendly Interface.
Glad I don't have to use Commsec (other banks), ridiculous fees for large amounts.
Support Selfwealth so they can grow and offer customers more choice.

John S.

John S.Sydney, NSW

Shame about overnight transfers.

Good little site, new features added quickly. Shame about overnight transfers for money in. Esp with NPP here ... transfers should be instant. Apart from that it's a good little app.

MLo

MLoSydney, NSW

Straight forward.

Haven't been with SelfWealth long, but so far so good. Easy to set up account and cheap brokerage. Good for straight forward transactions. Very happy. Keep up the good work.

Fleeced Traveler

Fleeced TravelerSydney, NSW

Selfweath Broking "Customer Service"Is A Consistent Farce

Peter

PeterLaunceston, TAS

Cheap Broker

Second cheapest broker in Australia at $9.50 flat per trade. You can not phone them for any queries. Their response times to email queries are slow. They do not allow credit or offer any IPO's. It will be interesting to see how their new ETF SELF.asx performs. Personally I think they hold too many stocks. At this stage I will stick with GEAR.asx

Nay Tun

Nay TunGoldfields, WA

Very good

Cheapest broker for Australian Stock with chess sponser.
Flat fee about $9.50 for all stocks is amazing.
Would be better when they can add
1. Poli and
2. International stock market ( NYSE)

KimO

KimOSouth East Queensland, QLD

Wonderful. POLI support would make it even better

Wonderfull. Great support and cheap trading fees. App is easy to use and reliable. Only complaint would be the lack of POLI for fast deposits to quickly buy shares when the price is right.

MelbournianGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Great trading platform but added features are confusing and poor responsiveness

Melbournian

Yield for the next 12 months from today? How exactly does that work? Some more explanation would help!

Yes there is always a marked difference (often about 30 percentage points) between the weekend email and the Monday morning performance.

Steve

SteveGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Cannot Fault

Just took a few days to join - simple/efficient process. Started trading straight away - this was 2 weeks ago. Find the website very user friendly. Just as good if not better than CommSec. Plus, the added advantage of much cheaper brokerage charges. -$9.50 flat fee. Somehow I missed out on the 5 free broker charges that some newcomers had, but cannot blame Selfwealth for this.

MoeCanberra Central 2601, ACT

2 days and counting for a simple password reset...

2 days and counting for a simple password reset...
I will not be recommending this platform to anyone else from here on.. Sure they have cheap brokerage, however what's the point of that if you can't even log in...

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Moe, have you got in touch with the support team? The password reset should be an email sent to your inbox and should be there almost instantly. Maybe check your SPAM box to see if it went there instead? We'd be happy to help out otherwise!

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Moe, the team have found your enquiry. As the account is under your wife's name the request needs to come from her, for security reasons, people can't change the details of another's account. Someone will be in touch shortly with more information.

Sue C.

Sue C.asked

i want to buy some shares for my grandaughters, is this possible through selfwealth

Kippax

Kippaxasked

Does the membership fee of $20 / month kick in after the "trial" period ends ?
I currently have a personal account with another broker, which is also linked to three of my kid's accounts, as I'm the trustee. Do I open a seperate account for them or do I simply provide the CHESS details when opening my account ?

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

No it does not, you will need to upgrade your account to continue the Premium membership. Premium membership does not impact your ability to trade, nor to access the $9.50 fee.

You will need to create separate accounts for your children. You can provide the HIN of those accounts when you apply for their account. I would suggest until 29th February before doing this though, as you will be able to create an account under your current log in, whereas currently you need to create an entirely new account with new log in details. If this doesn't make sense, please get in touch with support@selfwealth.com.au.

Alice H.

Alice H.asked

Hi
I have not traded before, I would like to learn how to trade the market and use my super to trade

Kind regards
Alice

Get an answer from our members and SelfWealth representatives

Other Online Forex / Share Trading Services