Good trading platform

I found it to be a good platform for trading. The overall cost of any trade shouldn't be dependent on the volume; SelfWealth is a good example of the new approach.

NICHOLAS LOURANDOS

NICHOLAS LOURANDOSCanberra Central 2601, ACT

SelfWealth

Fast and easy in getting our Self Managed Super Fund (SMSF) transferred from another brokerage firm. And now its heaps cheaper to get invested in Australian shares.If you currently have a SMSF switch into SelfWealth. Highly recommended.

SumeetSydney, NSW

Account Set-up Takes Forever

I was searching for various trading platforms and then shortlisted this platform because of positive reviews on productreview.com. But self wealth has not really lived up to the expectation so far. Their account set-up process is very time consuming. I have provided all the certified documents that they requested and still there is no progress. I wanted to pick up some bargains in current bear market but I do not think I will benefit much because of delay from Self Wealth. I think I will wait for another day or so and then open an account somewhere else.

Sumeet

Hi Jarrod. Do you then recommend me to wait or open an account on some other platform?

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

I've sent you a private message so I can get more details on your account and look into it for you.

France B.

France B.Perth, WA

It as been such a relief to trade with SelfWealth. It is very easy to understand and to navigate through the site. It was our first time with trading and we couldn't be happier

S W is great for me.

We have used other brokers , selfWealth gets the job done and saves us money .
What else do you need . I don't use S W members trading and I don,t trade offend I am a
wait for opportunities trader . The markets are great at the moment for opps and I will soon be fully
invested . Sorry if you have felt the pain of this down trending market , this market is not going to fall much further maybe 15,000 pts on the DJI . There is a great trend up after all this trouble into the US elections .

Excellent trading platform

SelfWealth is easy to learn and use. Since I have learnt to use it I managed to buy few stock and helped a friend to get into stock market too. I do recommend using this low rate trading platform to anyone. Customer service level is also great.

Poor customer service, very long setup times

Having been waiting over a week for a simple account setup and now finally been advised that it will likely be another week. Emails for support or the leave a message function on their site only results in being ignored. When I finally got onto someone with the online chat they eventually advised that a copy of ID was required, even though this had never been mentioned anytime prior and everything continually indicated the account would be ready in 1 business day when the ANZ account was active.
Now they are making more excuses about technical issues. If they can't even provide appropriate communication and service to get you to become a customer, how much less service would be provided once you become a customer!

FrankieSydney, NSW

Positive Feedback: Annette of SelfWealth

SharonFar North Queensland, QLD

Moved to SW from another platform who added inactive fees, & happy to say loving SW so far.

Platform is easy to use, they give a 90 day free trial to their premium product which enables looking at other peoples trading accounts. This bonus feature has allowed me to compile a target portfolio right now so when the bonus time is up, I know what aiming for. Internet help has been very good when I have questions. Only negative if I have to pick one is that transfers take up to 3 days, but that's fine I'm just a small investor.

SW is great, give them a try if you are on the fence!

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Thanks for the review Sharon! Try using BPAY, it's sometimes a bit quicker than a bank transfer. Should be 'next day' if initiated in the morning.

Sharon

I just transferred using BPAY with my ZipMoney account and took 2 days. REALLY happy I can use Zip, that's awesome!

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Great to hear, thanks for reporting back Sharon!

Merrilee

MerrileePerth, WA

Transferring Funds in - too slow in this technical age!

The cheap flat-rate brokerage and direct holding in CHESS is definately a big plus.

However, I initiated a bank transfer on Friday morning, and it's yet to appear in my SelfWealth account Monday lunchtime Sydney time.
This delay is not an attractive feature for a regular share trader.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Merrilee, there was an issue this morning with receiving files from ANZ (they didn't provide them correctly) and it will be resolved today. Otherwise, it would have normally been in this morning.

All_Star

All_StarSydney, NSW

Good Platform

Very easy to use. Generous 90 day free trial of their premium product. Cheap broking fees and some good features that give investors access to knowledge and experience within the community.

DianneMin

DianneMinSydney, NSW

Love it

Online platform and app are easy to use. I like that I can look at other investors portfolios and see their holdings. I used ANZ prior and was charged $19.95 for a trade. Self Wealth is much cheaper for what essentially is an online transaction so why pay more!!

Mick

MickGoulburn Valley, VIC

Great broker!

Just joined with SW a few weeks back and am genuinely pleased with the service. Just wish there was a quicker way to get funds into my account (rather than thru Bpay or direct transfer).

Yang L.

Yang L.South East Queensland, QLD

Very good, reliable service with unbelievable brokerage

Have joined Selfwealth for 5 years already, has no problem at all. And saved over 5k brokerage. Thanks a lot Selfwealth. I am very glad to have your service and so huge saving for me. I highly recommend to use its service.

Jawad A.

Jawad A.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Low trading fees and great service

I am new to online trading, and have chosen SelfWealth for my online trading intially, was under impression that the cost for trading is more than $9.50 for trade, but clarification from SelfWealth makes things clear, yes its $9.50, definitely the cheapest online trading, only thing that could be improved is their mobile app needs to be upgraded to navigate several watchlists easily and quickly, other than that very easy to use app.

Ming L.

Ming L.Sydney, NSW

daily transfer limit

hi. just wondering what's the maximum limit when i transfter the fund to or from my account. i know westpac online investment is $10000, will selfwealth has more limit?thank you.

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

There aren't any transfer limits, the only limit you will encounter is the one from your bank, when transferring out.

Application Process

It is a pity that you cannot apply using a tablet that only the laptop/pc works. Otherwise a reasonable process to gain access to this particular means of trading shares.

Steve Edmunds

Steve EdmundsWollongong

Saving heaps and app easy to use

I have transferred all my brokerage to self wealth and now have three accounts, personal, super fund, and business accounts . I am saving heaps in brokerage and find the website and app easy to use . I have recommended Self wealth to friends who are also happy and I get five free trades which is great.

GibboBywong

Good product for newbies to share trading

I'm a newbie to share trading and only dipping my toe in the murky share market waters.
Selfwealth provides a relatively simple and cheap way of investing in the ASX. I found the Web application straightforward and easy to navigate. I did experience some problems buying into an ETF - my bid would not be accepted even tho' it was more than the $600 required minimum. However persistence paid off and eventually it was submitted successfully (I still do not know why it failed after several unsuccessful attempts).

Main issue, I would like to see two factor identification on login (using SMS or email).

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi Gibbo, thanks for the review! Do you mind emailing us at marketing@selfwealth.com.au? We can look into that order for you to see why it wasn't accepted.

Gibbo

Jarrod, I did report this problem to your help desk. I was attempting to buy UBA units.The problem was not resolved but after numerous attempts the order went thru' successfully. Rob

Leo

LeoSydney, NSW

Cheap User friendly Interface

Self wealth is the best. Cheap User friendly Interface.
Glad I don't have to use Commsec (other banks), ridiculous fees for large amounts.
Support Selfwealth so they can grow and offer customers more choice.

A_Jasked

Why isn't Osko supported by the trading account. It makes it slow to get money in when you see an opportunity

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Hi A_J, thanks for your question. Currently the bank account set up that we use doesn't support Osko, or the NPP. Once ANZ roll it out to this specific bank account type (it's very different to what accounts you get directly with the bank) we will make it available to our users. This won't be happening anytime soon, unfortunately. Try using BPAY, that will get into your account the next day, if done earlier in the day, the day before.

Yagnesh Chandarana

Yagnesh Chandaranaasked

Hi

Are volume of trades good on Self Wealth?
Enough buyers and Sellers?

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

You are trading on the ASX via a broker, not with individuals on the platform. Even if there were only 5 users on SelfWealth, it would be irrelevant as you are trading with anyone that trades on the ASX.

Sue C.

Sue C.asked

i want to buy some shares for my grandaughters, is this possible through selfwealth

Jarrod P.SelfWealth

Yes, it depends on how you want it structured though. If you want to open a 'minor's account' then this will be available in the coming weeks. Otherwise, you can buy it on your Grandaughter's behalf in your account but please consult a tax accountant if you wish to do this to better understand the complications.

A_J

My wife and I both have self wealth accounts but were in the same boat. Had to sign our daughter up to comsec because it wasn't supported in self wealth

Get an answer from our members and SelfWealth representatives

Other Online Forex / Share Trading Services