Bellamy's Organic Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Bellamy's Organic Step 2 Follow-on Formula

• Breastfed Child Yes (6) · No (7)
  • Easy to PrepareYes (12) · No (0)
  • Caused Unease / Sickness Yes (5) · No (7)
NikonGirl

NikonGirlMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

We've tried a lot of them, and this one is the favourite - too bad it's not easy to get.

Purchased in October 2020 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$30.00.

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Dear NikonGirl, if you would like to contact us directly either at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au or Freecall Australia at 1800 010 460. We'd be happy to discuss availability further with you.
Kind Regards,
Jacqui

Ysabella Howard

Ysabella HowardSouth East Queensland, QLD

Didn't cause my bub some tummy issues

I think I have a good share of good and fair experience with this formula. My baby has to transition to formula milk when she reached 8 months and this product didn't disappoint me. I noticed that her sleeping hours were longer and he is less fussy.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$39.99.

Huaqian Wu

Huaqian WuSydney, NSW

Only if there are more stocks in the market

I breastfeed for 9 months, occasionally formula. Luckily, bub had no problems from transition to formula (Bellamy). The brand was recommended by my husband's siblings and all the little cousins are drinking Bellamy. However, lately it's been very hard to get the stock in the market, not a single tin around our area. We ended up buying them on Bellamy's website.

Purchased in July 2020 for A$30.00.

Baby Formulas

Find out how Bellamy's Organic Step 2 Follow-on Formula compares to other Baby Formulas

Phoebe

PhoebeSydney, NSW

Baby liked it until it was out of stock! Time to switch brand.

Purchased in February 2020 for A$30.00.

Sam lang

Sam langSydney Surrounds, NSW

Love it

My little one love this. We have tried so many formulas as she has had reflux and this one has been the best for her stomach. The moment we started feeding her this she slept better and was over all happier. Thankyou. Its easy to prepare and dissolves perfect. The price i think is worth the nutrients.

Purchased in May 2019 at Coles for A$30.00.

emilyannnash87

emilyannnash87Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good product but bad supply - caused so much unneeded stress!

Purchased in July 2019 for A$33.00.

Aus P.

Aus P.

Formula return to sender, no refund, ignore all my emails

My order has been return back to sender, they promised will refund me. The parcel has been return long time but they never refund me. I tried to contact their number but always busy and asked to leave message and I did. I also emails them but they never reply me back. The totally ignore me. I can’t believe this company act like this. PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY before I report you for fraud.

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Shortage in all stores last couple months

There had been a shortage and mostly no stock in all stores and supermarkets the last couple months. Out of desperation I placed an order on the Bellamys website. It has been more than a week and the product has still not arrived. I phoned and emailed and was told that order was complete through Australia Post. I sent a follow up email and now they tell me there was a delay due to high volume. See attached image. Very unprofessional

Purchased in July 2019.

Hi Irina,
We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. If you sill have not received your order or need help locating formula, please contact us at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au
Kind regards,

Naturalmumma

NaturalmummaSydney, NSW

Very windy and constipated

I have been slowly trying to wean my baby off the boob and onto formula but over the past few days of only giving a couple of bottles my baby has been so windy and constipated which is such a shame as I love the idea of bellamy’s! So we will be looking for anew formula for our transition from breast to formula.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for A$30.00.

Baby Formulas

Made baby unwell and disappointing response to customer inquiries.

Purchased in June 2019.

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Great product but never available

I am a big fan of this formula but I am constantly fed up with it not being available and sold out. I am now switching my son to another formula as I can never get this.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for A$29.95.

Hi Jacqui,
We are sorry to hear that. We have a higher than usual demand for our products at this time at all of our major retailers. We do suggest purchasing online at www.bellamysorganic.com.au to avoid disappointment.

Caused extreme diarrhea and vomiting

Purchased in February 2019 for A$30.00.

KMM
KMM
DR2014

DR2014South East Queensland, QLD

Terrible after change of ingredients

Have sworn by this formula previously but since the recent change of ingredients it has been horrible, my baby has become extremely fussy, in constant pain and has a severe burn on his bum from the acid poops, none of which we have experienced before. Will be switching formulas immediately. No longer recommend!

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles for A$30.00.

Pri

PriGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

It’s perfect love it

My daughter loves this formula. I started with -2 follow on .6 months plus.very easy from breastfeeding to formula.very simple measurement,1scoop in 60ml. Very reasonable qty to start with .very smooth .no bubbles and clumps.you don’t need to shake too much to mix. Worth spending money on it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Lana

Lana

Excellent formula - used when switching from breastfeeding to formula, baby loved it instantly

Only 4 start due to the price on this formula, although this is a local brand, as I live in TAS and we still paying around $30, same price as mainland for some reason, although i believe it would be a bit more expensive to get the formula across to the mainland. Other than that, I used Bellamy's when switching from breastfeeding to formula and baby loved it, did not have any tummy issues and she enjoys the taste and she gulps the bottle down, we have already switched to step 3 and will still be using this formula.

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles for A$26.00.

JadeGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

HORRIBLE FORMULA CHANGE

They have now changed their look and also the formula which they have added ARA DHA and its more yellow my child was in pain for few days no sleep. The ARA etc upset his tummy as I always went for Bellamy’s because they never added that crap in their formula now that they have I will not be buying or recommending it ever! Oh not to mention the nice $30 price tag on it now!

Purchased in February 2019 for A$30.00.

WaLkInThEpArk

WaLkInThEpArk

Organic and thriving baby.

I haven't tried other formulas because it was very important that formula was organic. Having previously worked on a cattle property it makes me shudder the thought of the pesticides, herbisides and drenches used and the thought of being them into my house. No thank-you. Ds is thriving and no issues. Instructions are easy to follow. Transitioned from bm. No issue with stools. Sorry tmi.

Annie

AnnieEast Melbourne

Great product, baby liked first time

We have been using this formula for 3 months now, I tried a bunch of brands which tasted terrible (I tried them as to see why she didn't like them) Bellamy's just tastes like milk. It has taken the stress out of going back to work. Being organic is wonderful too.

kingshopper

kingshopperNSW, 2071

Little One didn't like it, switched to A2 instead.

Recommended for infants 6 to 12 months. Contains organic cows milk, added iron, vitamins and minerals. One downside is no DHA, but that will change soon I hear. We were attracted to the all natural ingredients but in the end, it just wasn't right for our little one (unsettled and foul nappies). Switched to A2 instead.

Piglet

PigletBrisbane

The only organic formula I know of

I'm not into organics but my partner is, so this was his choice. We used it as a supplement for when my son wouldn't breast feed and I hadn't been able to pump enough. It's a good enough formula. Our son will drink it when he's hungry, otherwise he won't touch it (probably a good thing, avoids overfeeding). It doesn't smell very appetizing and there are often lumps despite shaking it well. It's no easier or harder to prepare than any other formula. No tummy issues and no constipation.
However it is one of the more expensive formulas.

See all Bellamy's Organic Formula reviews

Sterwina K.asked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Very disappointed to come across news article on Bellamy's Organic as I have been searching for the best most natural organic formula for my little one after stopping breast feeding.

According to news releases on 17th August in Hong Kong, it was found that Bellamy's Organic has the highest content of 3-MCPD (substance produced during the refinement of vegetable fat under high heat) amongst other milk powders tested, long-term daily intake of excessive 3-MCPD will damage the kidney function and affect the male reproductive system and is a carcinogen. The Consumer Council collected 15 samples of prepackaged infant formula from supermarkets and health product chains. The contaminant 3-MCPD was detected in all samples, and the detected amount ranged from 13 to 120 micrograms per kilogram. The sample with the highest content is “BELLAMY’S ORGANIC”.

Please clarify is this is true?

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Hi Sterwina, thank you for your enquiry.

At Bellamy’s Organic, the health and safety of babies and children is our priority, and we are committed to using only the highest quality ingredients and applying the strictest safety standards for our products.

We want to reassure you that all Bellamy’s Organic products are safe for use. All our products are certified by authoritative organisations and comply with the Australian and New Zealand Food Standards (FSANZ) Code, United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization / World Health Organization food additives Joint Expert Committee (JECFA) and European Food Safety Administration (EFSA) on 3-monochloropropanediol (3-MCPD).

As well as adhering to international and Australian quality and safety standards, Bellamy’s Organic maintain internal strict controls to guarantee safety from sourcing raw materials through to processing, to ensure Bellamy's Organic products are nutritious and safe

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact our careline on 1800 010 460 or hello@bellamysorganic.com.au.

Yours sincerely,
Bellamy’s Organic

Sterwina K.

Thank you for your response , very concerned as my baby is solely taking Bellamy's Organic Milk Powder.

The below is copied from the news article, can the company clarify this too, it says the amount in your milk powder has exceeded the maximum allowable daily intake of the European Food Safety Agency ? :---------‐-------------

"Taking a general one-month-old baby weighing 4.3 kg as an example, the maximum allowable daily intake of the above pollutants is 17.2 micrograms.

Take the sample with the highest 3-MCPD detection value as an example. The milk powder content per kilogram is 120 micrograms. If the baby is fed according to the recommended feeding amount on the milk powder can, the 1-month-old baby will consume about 106 grams a day milk powder, from which 3-MCPD intake has exceeded the maximum allowable daily intake of the European Food Safety Agency and it may bear higher health risks for infants who only consume formula milk powder."

Source

HI Sterwina,

Vegetable oil is a key ingredient infant formula in order to create a fatty acid profile similar to breast milk and is a permitted ingredient by food safety authorities. The required vegetable oil refining process can produce trace levels of 3-monochloropropanediol (3-MCPD). Food Safety authorities set safety limits and closely monitor this.

For your reference, here is the link to the FSANZ statement regarding 3-MCPD: https://www.foodstandards.gov.au/publications/Pages/3-MCPD-&-glycidol-in-oil-and-infant-formula.aspx

The Hong Kong Food Safety Centre, (operated by the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region) has released clarification notice regarding the safety of 3-MCPD.

In this notice (attached), the Hong Kong Food Safety Centre have stated that:
- all formulas tested meet the relevant standards, and
- consumers can be assured they are safe for consumption

We want to reassure you that all Bellamy’s Organic products are safe for use.

Sincerely,

Angie

Angieasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

If my child has eczema, is this milk suitable for her? Or is it better she drinks fresh goat’s milk?

Dear Angie,
Thanks for your enquiry. Under 12 months of age, breast milk or infant formula should be the main source of nutrition. Fresh pasteurised milk can be given in small amounts with food.

Regarding use of Bellamy’s Organic Step 2 depends if food allergy is or isn’t the cause of the eczema for your little one. What has your baby’s doctor advised?

If food allergy isn’t the cause, removal of the food/s won’t reduce symptoms. However in some young infants with severe eczema, removal of certain food/s may result in better eczema control which should always be conducted under the supervision of a medical specialist.

Kind Regards,

Babyflynn

Babyflynnasked

Step 2 Follow-on Formula

Hello, ever since we switched to stage 2 last week my son has been waking up at night almost every hour either being hungry or just fussy. He is 6 months old and thought we change to stage 2 as we couldn’t find stage 1 in the supermarket anymore. Is it because stage 2 has less nutrients compare to stage 1? Thanks

Hi there,

Both Stage 1 and Stage 2 formula comprise of key macronutrients, vitamins and minerals to support the growing needs of an infant in their first year of life. Their fundamental difference is in the type of protein. Stage 1 Infant formula is a Whey protein dominant formula which is easier to digest. Stage 2 Follow on formula is a casein protein dominant formula which may take longer to digest and can create satiety in your baby, particularly as they commence on solid foods from around 6 months of age. In addition, an infant’s iron requirements increase from the age of 6 months. Our step 2 formula contains more iron than our step 1 formula to accommodate for this developmental requirement. Stage 1 Infant Formula now indicates 0-6 month age specification but can be used up to 12 months in line with Australian and New Zealand Food Standards Code. Parents and carers are able to choose which formula is designed to meet the specific nutritional needs of their child.

Stage 1 Infant Formula:
0-6months
Contains DHA Omega 3
Contains GOS prebiotics
Formulated to meet nutritional needs of a baby 0-6 months
Whey dominant formula: whey is a protein that is easy to digest, and gentle on the tiny tummy

Stage 2 Follow on Formula:
6-12 months
Contains DHA Omega 3
Contains GOS prebiotics
Formulated to meet nutritional needs of a baby 6-12 months
Casein dominant formula: Casein is a protein that takes longer to digest, and keeps a baby feeling fuller for longer

Kind regards,

Anwen
Anwen

Hi bellamys, if you choose to continue using stage 1 up to 12 months, what are the dosage guidelines? Does it remain the same?

Bellamy's OrganicBellamy's Organic

Hi Anwen, unless advised otherwise by a health professional, it is recommended that at 6 months babies should transition to Step 2. Step 2 meets the nutritional requirements of this age group. The concentrations of vitamins and minerals differ in Step 2 and it is also a casein dominant formula. Moreover, our feeding table is available at www.bellamysorganic.com.au if you wish to view the preparation method of our different formulas.

Get an answer from our members and Bellamy's Organic representatives