Bellamy's Organic Formula Step 2

See the Best Baby Formulas in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Formula return to sender, no refund, ignore all my emails

My order has been return back to sender, they promised will refund me. The parcel has been return long time but they never refund me. I tried to contact their number but always busy and asked to leave message and I did. I also emails them but they never reply me back. The totally ignore me. I can’t believe this company act like this. PLEASE REFUND MY MONEY before I report you for fraud.

Hi there, Orders that have been returned to sender can take up to 2 weeks to be received and refunded. We apologise for any inconvenience that we may have caused. Kind regards, Bellamy's Organic

Shortage in all stores last couple months

There had been a shortage and mostly no stock in all stores and supermarkets the last couple months. Out of desperation I placed an order on the Bellamys website. It has been more than a week and the product has still not arrived. I phoned and emailed and was told that order was complete through Australia Post. I sent a follow up email and now they tell me there was a delay due to high volume. See attached image. Very unprofessional

Purchased in July 2019.

Breastfed Child Yes
Hi Irina, We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. If you sill have not received your order or need help locating formula, please contact us at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au Kind regards, Bellamy's Organic

Very windy and constipated

I have been slowly trying to wean my baby off the boob and onto formula but over the past few days of only giving a couple of bottles my baby has been so windy and constipated which is such a shame as I love the idea of bellamy’s! So we will be looking for anew formula for our transition from breast to formula.

Purchased in June 2019 at Chemist Warehouse Physical Store for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
While most babies would be expected to experience a smooth transition between different foods, it’s important to remember that every child reacts differently. Because of the addition of GOS prebiotics, your baby may initially experience some digestive changes. Whilst this is completely normal when transitioning to a new food or formula, we recommend that you transition slowly and this can vary from 1 to 6 weeks. If you are worried about any persistent symptoms, please seek professional medical advice.

Made baby unwell and disappointing response to customer inquiries.

Needing to wean six month old baby to formula due to difficulty breastfeeding. Saw on website that Bellamy’s suggest that the step 2 follow on formula may be most appropriate for this, however, given the milk proteins in step 1 seem to be more similar to breastmilk I contacted Bellamy’s using their online form. Was sent the exact information given on the website, which not only did not answer my question, but I had indicated that I had already read. Decided to try the formula anyway - gave a bottle that was 75% breastmilk and 25% formula made up as directed. Unfortunately, bub began projectile vomiting after having just this small amount of formula. We had previously tried a small amount of the old bellamy’s formula, which she seemed to tolerate. Called the Bellamy’s phone number, as I am very keen for some insight as to whether there is a particular ingredient in the new formula that may cause this reaction and hoped their dieticians may be able to help. I haven’t had any response after leaving a message, so really uncertain what to do next in terms of trying a different formula. Disappointed as really wanted to be able to use Bellamy’s products.

Purchased in June 2019.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Hi Karen, Thank you very much for your email and I am very sorry to hear this. With regard to commencing formula, our step 2 follow formula is a casein dominant formula which is most appropriate for infants from 6 months of age and helps with keeping a baby fuller for longer. The immediate commencement of formula without a slow transition (2-4 weeks) can sometimes impact on tolerance. The 2 new ingredients in the formula are GOS prebiotic fibre and omega 3 DHA. These are not known allergen ingredients and tolerance can be variable from baby to baby. If you wanted to try step 1, you could use this for a couple of months but please be advised that step 1 is best suited for young infants. If you have any concerns, please contact us directly +61 6332 9200 Kind Regards Bellamy's Organic

Great product but never available

I am a big fan of this formula but I am constantly fed up with it not being available and sold out. I am now switching my son to another formula as I can never get this.

Purchased in May 2019 at Chemist Warehouse for $29.95.

Caused Unease / Sickness No
Hi Jacqui, We are sorry to hear that. We have a higher than usual demand for our products at this time at all of our major retailers. We do suggest purchasing online at www.bellamysorganic.com.au to avoid disappointment.

Caused extreme diarrhea and vomiting

My 9 month old was thriving on the stage 1 (was marketed up to 12 months at that stage) but with rebrand, I swapped to stage 2 thinking that stage one was no longer appropriate formulation for my baby (marketed as 6-12 months). I bulk ordered after getting about 3/4 days into the tin, thinking all was well. From the 5th day and ongoingly, our bub experienced severe vomiting and diarrhea for almost 3/4 days before we could pinpoint the actual cause as the formula. Poos were highly acid in smell.
Be careful, bubs gut flora is extremely sensitive to this kind of change.
We had to switch to another formula manufacturer that makes for 0-12 months.
When I asked Bellamy’s for a refund/exchange on my unopened box of 3 tins of formula, I received nil response.
We ended up in hospital due to the extent of illness.
I’m sorry but I can’t advocate for stage two.

Purchased in February 2019 for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Hi There, Thank you so much for your feedback and we are so sorry to hear about this situation. Generally when a baby is commenced quickly on one formula without a transition, symptoms like this can occur. Slow transition is very important when changing formula to ensure a baby has adequate time to adjust to new ingredients. We are more than happy to provide you with the original formula for you at no cost. We are also still selling this until June and would have been more than happy to chat with you over the phone. If you wish to chat with us personally, please call +61 3 6332 9200. We cannot however take back formula for a consumer given this product is manufactured under strict hygiene conditions that cannot be guaranteed once sold to a consumer. Kind Regards Bellamy's OrganicBellamy’s, thanks for getting in touch and I’m glad we chatted further offline regarding the details of the situation that presented for us. As I explained, slow transition was not possible for us, and I did offer feedback via your website. Many thanks for for offering to resolve. Hoping the formula agrees with other bubs.

Terrible after change of ingredients

Have sworn by this formula previously but since the recent change of ingredients it has been horrible, my baby has become extremely fussy, in constant pain and has a severe burn on his bum from the acid poops, none of which we have experienced before. Will be switching formulas immediately. No longer recommend!

Purchased in March 2019 at Coles for $30.00.

It’s perfect love it

My daughter loves this formula. I started with -2 follow on .6 months plus.very easy from breastfeeding to formula.very simple measurement,1scoop in 60ml. Very reasonable qty to start with .very smooth .no bubbles and clumps.you don’t need to shake too much to mix. Worth spending money on it.

Purchased in March 2019 at Chemist Warehouse.

Caused Unease / Sickness No

Excellent formula - used when switching from breastfeeding to formula, baby loved it instantly

Only 4 start due to the price on this formula, although this is a local brand, as I live in TAS and we still paying around $30, same price as mainland for some reason, although i believe it would be a bit more expensive to get the formula across to the mainland. Other than that, I used Bellamy's when switching from breastfeeding to formula and baby loved it, did not have any tummy issues and she enjoys the taste and she gulps the bottle down, we have already switched to step 3 and will still be using this formula.

Purchased in February 2019 at Coles for $26.00.

HORRIBLE FORMULA CHANGE

They have now changed their look and also the formula which they have added ARA DHA and its more yellow my child was in pain for few days no sleep. The ARA etc upset his tummy as I always went for Bellamy’s because they never added that crap in their formula now that they have I will not be buying or recommending it ever! Oh not to mention the nice $30 price tag on it now!

Purchased in February 2019 for $30.00.

Caused Unease / Sickness Yes
Thank you so much for your feedback Jane. We are very sorry to hear about your feedback regarding our formula. Unfortunately, babies respond very differently to formula based on individual tolerance. The inclusion of DHA and ARA (Omega 3 Fatty acids) is supported by robust scientific evidence. Any ingredient inclusions in infant formula is highly regulated by Food Standards Australia and New Zealand (FSANZ). We would love to know more about the situation so please get in touch with us at hello@bellamysorganic.com.au Please also keep in mind that we will be selling our old step 1 and 2 formula on our online store for the next 6 months which can be found in the link below. https://www.bellamysorganic.com.au/blog/formula-product-change-notification/It’s ok all sorted I spoke with someone on Facebook. Still shouldn’t have been changed, you were basically the only formula that didn’t have DHA in it which made you different from all the other formulas which the ones with that added smell, cause terrible tummy pain my child was in pain, open sore rash. The old formula was your best. I don’t think this DHA was the way to go Bellamy’s!

Organic and thriving baby.

I haven't tried other formulas because it was very important that formula was organic. Having previously worked on a cattle property it makes me shudder the thought of the pesticides, herbisides and drenches used and the thought of being them into my house. No thank-you. Ds is thriving and no issues. Instructions are easy to follow. Transitioned from bm. No issue with stools. Sorry tmi.

Great product, baby liked first time

We have been using this formula for 3 months now, I tried a bunch of brands which tasted terrible (I tried them as to see why she didn't like them) Bellamy's just tastes like milk. It has taken the stress out of going back to work. Being organic is wonderful too.

Little One didn't like it, switched to A2 instead.

Recommended for infants 6 to 12 months. Contains organic cows milk, added iron, vitamins and minerals. One downside is no DHA, but that will change soon I hear. We were attracted to the all natural ingredients but in the end, it just wasn't right for our little one (unsettled and foul nappies). Switched to A2 instead.

The only organic formula I know of

I'm not into organics but my partner is, so this was his choice. We used it as a supplement for when my son wouldn't breast feed and I hadn't been able to pump enough. It's a good enough formula. Our son will drink it when he's hungry, otherwise he won't touch it (probably a good thing, avoids overfeeding). It doesn't smell very appetizing and there are often lumps despite shaking it well. It's no easier or harder to prepare than any other formula. No tummy issues and no constipation.
However it is one of the more expensive formulas.

Good organic formula

A great formula, it agrees with my baby, I used step 1 also. I was told step 2 may cause constipation but it didn't, in fact it was quite the opposite but that could also be because of the food I give him. It is a little more inconvenient to make than other formulas as you need to make it at a higher temperature then cool it down which is annoying when you have a hungry screaming baby. However you can pre make the bottles and store them in the fridge for 24 hours which is good. A bit more expensive and sometimes shelves are empty but usually if you ask the staff they have some at the back.

Not for my bub

Unfortunately Bellamy's stage 2 just didn't agree with my 9 month old. It caused him terrible tummy aches and constipation. But the reason is because being casein domant rather than whey, its a lot harder to digest for some babies.
It mixes easy and tastes great.
Bub enjoyed it despite the issues.

Dear Karenn, Bellamy's Organic takes great pride in offering families an Australian made pure certified organic choice. We understand you have a choice of brands and are sorry to hear that ours has not seemed to agree with your little one.Any changes in diet can cause changes in stool movements; frequency, consistency and colour. In Australia it is a requirement that all formulas are fortified with mineral iron for healthy growth and development of babies. The added iron can cause some stools to be green in colour and may cause some transient constipation, particularly when compared against stools from breastfed babies. Babies go through amazing transitions in digestive function as they grow. Their tummy’s can be affected by all sorts of things including sickness, teething, and different and new foods or drinks being introduced. All in all however, you know your little one best so if you are worried, you should seek advice from your medical practitioner. i hope you have a wonderful day Karenn, warmest regards Teegan Smith Customer Service BELLAMY'S ORGANIC 115 Cimitiere Street, Launceston TAS 7250 Australia DDI +61 3 6332 9200 PH +61 3 6332 9200 FAX +61 6331 1583 customer.service@bellamysorganic.com.au | bellamysorganic.com.au

Didn't agree with bubs

The product was recommended from the lactating nurse as it was " Supporting Australia " and organic. After being on it for 3 nights bubs was cranky, windy and had a terrible tummy. We swapped to Novolac Colic and he was a new baby. I have had several friend try Bellamys and it didn't agree with their bubs either.

It's good, my baby like it very much.

It's good, my baby like it very much. it's only option for him.
I always buy it. it's better than other brand for my baby.
I tried other brand, but my son doesn't like. it's organic. so I think it's good for baby. they have many baby food.
good choice

Perfect for mixed feeding

I had to change to mixed feeding when bub was 9.5 months in anticipation of returning to full time work. We tried 2 other top formulas first with no luck. I even tried them myself and understood why, gross. Saw a recommendation on a mum's forum and tried it on my son and haven't looked back. He takes it no worries.

First choice if you have to change to bottle or mixed feed for any reason.

Bubbly formula

My older son likes Karicare but this formula didn't work for my little daughter. So I tried to introduce another brands. She responded definitely no to S26 and NAN and is OK to Bellamy's organic formula. The taste is very good but it is very airy and also it is quite expensive comparing to others.

See all Bellamy's Organic Formula reviews