Belong Broadband

Belong Broadband

ADSL and NBN
1.6 from 3,672 reviews

See the Best Internet Service Providers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

2,933

Ray

Raymelbourne

• ADSL

Unstable connection and extremely slow

I am getting 6.94 Mbps download and 0.92 Mbps upload with 22 ms ping from Melbourne to another server in Melbourne. In the last two months, it has been dropping off all the time, average 4 a day. Call tech support multiple times, and had multiple tech visit already. What can I say?

Start DateSeptember 2017
Standalone or BundledBundled

Jaideep

JaideepAlice Springs, NT

Phillipines base call centre for belong

Belong internet provider have Phillipines based call centre and none of them speak English and talking to them is like talking to a brick wall they dont understand and they dont care either

Ivan Z.

Ivan Z.South East Queensland, QLD

Just run away from Belong, Now!!

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)
TF B.

TF B.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Belong broadband

Cost effective compared to other available services. Fast speed and easy installation. Refer a friend and get $20 discount on next month bill worked well me. Very happy with the servic.

Start DateJuly 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Ok until we required relocation

We requested our ASDL service to be transferred to our new residents, weeks before hand. Once moved the service was not connected and then when attempting to resolve the issue the Belong telephone service were difficult to communicate with, they would not return calls and in the end we cancelled and when with another provider. Far to difficult to deal with.

Start DateJune 2018
Data TypeCapped Data

Jaideep

JaideepAlice Springs, NT

Worst ever in Australia

I have got a plan from belong on 11september but after keep chasing them up and getting abused by there staff and they always hangup when they unable to solve the problem because the call centre is based overseas. At the end on 16th October I have to tell them can you please refund my money that they was still unable connect in a month. Then there excuse was they can refund for 10business days so watch it guys they are crooks.

Taylor H.

Taylor H.

Terrible Experience

Five weeks later and Belong NBN still not connected. No explanation provided, just the same scripted line that it will be connected within 2-7 business days. I do not recommend anyone deal with Belong.

Pez

PezSouth East Queensland, QLD

Intrusion of privacy

I rang Belong to cancel nbn even before it is connected as I have no available line installed downstairs of the property where I live. Belong wanted me to connect my equipment upstairs where other tenants live. I said that's intrusion of privacy. They still insisted and will not cancel my application so they charged me $240 AUD for cancellation fee. I have been ripped off. Never am I dealing with Belong and iSelect again.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)
N v Rooyen

N v RooyenSydney, NSW

Service for moving house is shocking!

Start DateMay 2018

Belong review nbn

Great customer service, knowledge and honesty from the man who sold the service from iselect 3 days ago. Since then, they came out 2 days later and the modem was sent on time. The NBN man was on time and took 10 mins to connect the nbn and we were surfing. Happy days for $65 month we are happy to be online even though the screen is slower than what were used to its not too bad for researching on the internet. Wait and see how netflix works though i guess.

Mark H.

Mark H.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

14 days and still no connection.

Poor communication by Belong.
Connection was estimated to take 2-10 days. It's now 14 days. I've just cancelled the order.
I have also just realized that this is a Telstra subsidiary. I should have done my homework more thoroughly but during a house move there's little time, so I took the chance.
My recommendation is to stay away from the merry-go-round of Telstra and it's affiliates.

Start DateDecember 2002
Contract TypeMonth-to-month
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

denonDJ

denonDJMelb

Great all around value starter NBN plan

I recently signed up to the Starter NBN plan on a 12 month contract on October 1st. The NBN appointment was scheduled on the 10th and they arrived on the day to install it without any issues. I also received the modem only a couple days after I signed up.
The phone support wasn't great but the support via Facebook Messenger was good, they responded promptly to my queries.

The speeds so far have been as advertised and for $55 a month it is great value. I am getting around 45 Mbps during peak hour.

Having read through a lot of the negative comments I was very worried and didn't have high expectations however it has been good so far, hopefully the speeds stay this consistent over time.

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Mel W

Mel WPerth, WA

So far so good

Have been with belong almost a month, so far so good. Have broadband and mobile belong. Speeds could be a bit better however yet to do a speedtest. Looking forward to what the company is like in the long term. Haven't had the best experience with another provider recently.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Evan

EvanSydney, NSW

terrible service

I applied it 23rd of Sep, Belong told me it will be connected 30th of Sep, today is 14th Oct, after 22 days! During that, I keep calling them, and they keep telling me it will be connected in 24~48 hours.

Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)
Suj

Suj

Nice speed and no interruptions

Its very reliable with this connection and experienced slow but not all the time.no issues with the service and company dealed with us nice way and this a new connection to the new estate.

Start DateJuly 2019
Connection TypeI don't know

Doesn't Listen to Customers! The Worst Customer Support!

Bhuppi

BhuppiSydney, NSW

No Internet for next 20 days for new connection

I registered Belong ADSL I got my modem with in 2 days but technician appointment is 20 days latter. Till that tine no Internet.
I called many times but no help.
Even I can take other services.
So bad experience with belong.

Phil

PhilHunter Region, NSW

They couldn't connect and couldn't provide a reason why

I have moved a lot and used a lot of small ISPs but dealing with belong felt like I was part of a comedy skit. My order was stuck was the best response I could get. 2-7 business days is all I heard. Canceled after it was 10 days late and that was easy, I think they are having major internal problems.

Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

BELONG ARE HORRENDOUS. WHAT A JOKE

2-3 weeks after my initial sign up date they stuffed up the date the technician was supposed to come so I waited at home for nothing. No one rang me and every time I rang them No one knew what was going on at all. Like ZERO INFORMATION. I was shocked at their level of incompetence. Then I get told the technician is actually scheduled for another day..but No one notified me. Useless.
Oh and apparently BELONG can't contact the technician at all. Apparently getting an ETA is impossible. Love that a Telco can't get hold of their own technicians. That right there speaks volumes. USELESS.

Don't even waste your time. Go somewhere else. The moden will make a nice bookend.

Data TypeCapped Data

Macey

MaceySouth East Queensland, QLD

great customer service from Shasta

cookyasked

ADSL

Have a Panasonic TV th-50cx700 connected direct to modem by ethernet cable.
Cant use Tvs remote to get Netflix. Can get apps but only browser works.
Internet is OK but you have to use Apple Tv Box to get Netflix and Stan etc.
Using Menu on the tv and selecting network shows a connection from tv to modem is OK.
Connection from modem to internet is not OK. What do I do. Have spoken to Belong and Panasonic with no solution as yet.

suman
suman

Same problem here as well,contacted both and they are blaming each other

cooky

Just got an email from Panasonic.
They say that Belong servers are blocking Panasonic transmission. They also said that the Panasonic team and the Belong team are working on the problem. They also said that a workaround is being investigated by Belong. I hope that the Belong team is not the one responsible for blocking the Panasonic transmission. I wait in hope!

Susuasked

Have you improved from such an extremely large percentage of negative reviews?
I have been waiting on the chat line for quite a while and no response??? Clearly the reviews have directed me to find another provider.

Vee
Vee

Still no improvement. Same here, I have been waiting on the chat line til I fell asleep, 2hrs + later I woke up, the status still "connecting to an agent..."

Which provider are you with now? I chatted with an agent today about the status of my case. Still pending... status still the same as last week !

Susu

I’ve done my research and going with Aussie Broadband .
Not overseas customer service it’s actually true Australia service.

Ahmad F.

Ahmad F.asked

Horrible service and customer service.
I have to tether from my phone most times bec the speed is just way too slow to do anything with it.
Support service said that there is nothing wrong with the service at all and this is it!
I have proof that we are loosing connection at all time but they chose to ignore it.
Moving to a different provider
Way too disrespectful and buch of lies about the service being stable while i have logs to proof otherwise!

Jen
Jen

Are you using there modem or your own

Get an answer from our members and Belong representatives

Belong Broadband ADSL

Belong Broadband ADSL

1,736 reviews
Belong Broadband NBN 100 (Premium)

Belong Broadband NBN 100 (Premium)

Belong Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Belong Broadband NBN 50 (Standard Plus)

Belong Broadband NBN 25 (Starter)

Belong Broadband NBN 25 (Starter)

Monthly Price $90.00$70.00$60.00
Service TypeADSLNBNNBNNBN
Packages AvailableStandaloneStandaloneStandalone
ContractMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set PeriodMonthly and Set Period
Data AllowanceCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and UnlimitedCapped/Fixed and Unlimited
NBN Speed Tier 100/4050/2025/5