Belong Broadband

Belong Broadband

ADSL and NBN
1.6 from 3,453 reviews

No Flexibility! No Customer Satisfaction! Can't hear customer!

I have been using Belong ADSL internet services from last year August (2018) and have not been having any issues. My home address has now been enabled with NBN services and I called up Belong Support to check if the switch from ADSL to NBN can happen. The First answer from the support team was to keep me waiting for about 10 mins and then they come back with the statement " Your Contract of 1 year will restart now as we will switch your service to NBN".
I asked " Since I am going to stay with Belong why the contract should restart again?"
Answer from support " That is the contract and even if you stay with us the contract will restart"

This is not really a service which was expected.
While the signup process last year i asked the same question and the sales support told me that there will be no changes to the contract while switching to NBN. Now there is a different answer. The sales support and the NBN support staff have different terms and understanding.

This is really not accepted as a service from Belong Broadband.
They dont hear the customer not provide a satisfactory answer.
While the connection was signedup for ADSL, This is the only provider who was ready to provide internet services at my home. No other provider came forward as these guys have blocked the ports in the exchange for our location. I really don't understand the logic how can they block connection not to be used by a different provider at my residence??

I do not recommend this service to people who fall in the similar path and end up renewing/ restarting the contract process with just the service being switched fro ADSL to NBN.

Omg awful

Constantly pauses TV picture. Really you must not bother. No matter what we try it is always dreadful. Please just do not bother. Trying to change after 3 months...even trying to submit this review had to switch to 4G from Vodafone.

Start DateApril 2019

Not impressed!

At first, I was reasonably impressed, speed was good, unlimited data, quick connect to new address, good monthly fee. Now not do happy, drops out all the time at random any time of day or night, a few times a week! I am so sick of paying for an inconsistent service! I'm going to start to write down every single it droost and duration and sent it to them and demand a rebate! Enough is enough!!!

Start DateOctober 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data

BELONG Worst ADSL support ever!

I just rang Belong support as my adsl connection dropped down to less than 0.1 Mbps! Hence I am writing this review from my mobile phone. Anyway I did all the checks, turned my modem off for 2 min then on, there were no disruptions in my area as per their website. Long story short I was put on to 3 different people got put on hold for 15 min then cut off. When I rang back they asked me the same questions again: full name, DOB etc then got put on hold again for 7 min then the technical support guys said there's a fault affecting all Australian customers and that I need to wait 2 hours before turning my modem off then on again?! Why don't they mention it on their website instead of misleading us and saying no major disruptions in the area? It's not the first time I've had issues with them, I had to wait 3 weeks for an Adsl connection when I moved house and I already has a connection with them from the previous address and then they charged me $5 more per month? I can't wait to move house soon so I can get on to another provider, they wanted me to provide feedback after the call...of which I was happy to oblige...no guessing what score I gave them.

Contract TypeMonth-to-month

Internet was going to take three weeks to connect

I signed up with Belong as I moved address and it was going to take belong 21 days to connect my internet in my new address. Even though there was a phone line and internet connection in place with the previous tenant. I called Belong and they advised that they will try and speed up the connection. I ended up going with a different internet provider. Three weeks to connect internet in Australia. You get internet connected same day in Thailand a third world country. Belong, you really need to pull your socks up. We are a first world country and your customer service is worse than what you would get in a third world country

Start DateJune 2019
Data TypeCapped Data

Belong NBN

Just got connected with Belong starter pack transferring from Optus . The whole thing was automated, sms alert to let me know the service was ready to be activated, the modem arrived within two days. I connected the modem, to my utter amazement everything worked and at the speed advertised. I will update this review, periodically.

Start DateJune 2019

Absolutely Useless!

NBN connected 2018, took 3 months to get it working. Connected with Broadband at my next house, was connected late again. Realised they have been charging me for a mobile service since 2018 @ $15 a month and now have to jump through hoops to cancel the mobile service that i never signed up for !
Do not use Belong for any Internet/Mobile service

Start DateJune 2018
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Mixed up accounts can't be bothered to sort it out.

Had an account back in 2017, recently made the move back to sydney so thought ill go back with the same provider and make it simple for myself. Transferred my old belong service to my previous flatmate back in 2017. Started a new one in 2019 and get the 2 accounts mixed up and ive been back and forth numerous times. Somehow they can't figure it out and keep disconnecting my internet. Stay away at all costs!

Worst experience

Connection was a nightmare had to wait a whole month...

They also increase the price as soon as you get off the 12 month contract...

When trying to disconnect the service, support was impossible to reach.
They also removed my service for the rest of the month even tho I have already paid for it...
Fee for no service. Not worth the money in any way.

Try literally any other company as their support is beyond useless and shady.

Start DateMarch 2018

RECOMMENDED

The NBN connection was quick, easy and free of any charge. The free modem came the very next day. We consistently get fast and stable internet (approx 45Mbps on speedtest) and they provide great customer service. But most importantly, its a very affordable plan ($65 per month unlimited) I have been really happy upgrading from 4G broadband to NBN 50 with Belong.

Start DateApril 2019
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Worst company, worst internet! Avoid at all costs

1 year with ADSL: very unreliable and slow. Belong staff also very unhelpful.
Tried to switch to nbn with belong: absolute waste of 2 weeks. They 'forgot' to send the equipment. Disconnected my internet service for 24 hours to 'activate nbn.' still with no nbn, they insisted I wait 2-5 business days without internet and let 'nbn figure it out.' staff although nice, are hugely incompetent and wasted hours on the phone trying to fix it. Please do not use this company save yourself the trouble.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Data TypeUnlimited Data

Wow quickest connection EVER!!!

Applied at 7.30am Wednesday and received equipment and was completely connected by 3pm Thursday!!! AMAZING! No issues at all very happy! So far I cannot fault one thing. Thank you

Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

Made me feel like as if i was dishonest

Joined belong nbn service, quickly new i had made a mistake (as there customer service and level of respect is disgraceful). Was relocating my living arrangements and though there app i notified them that i wanted to transfer to my new property the week before moving and i was informed i needed to provide a copy of my property sale contract to them?? Thinking thats a bit over the top but anyway i did that thinking no problem ( anything to get this done smoothly) 3 days pass and i recieve an email telling me now what i provided was'nt good enough as the date of the move was'nt shown clearly, by now i was 2 days from moving and everything was in disaray (as it is when your moving from 1 property to another) when i rang them (1st phone call of 3..... waiting upto an hour each time)they said i can provide a letter from my real estate agent!! I asked why? Dont you believe me? Im the guy that pays the bill each month anyway i asked my real estate agent to do that for me ( which he didnt do i found out when i rang the 2nd time) ive now moved 2 days before and am in my new property with no internet service. When i told belong that i had now moved in and was desperate for my service to be conected he said that i still needed to prove that i had moved!!!! While on the phone and now desperate i forwarded an email through from my solicitor/con who handled the property transfer dated 2 days before stating that the transfer had gone through smoothly, this seemed to finally satisy the person i was talking with from belong and he said they would now proceed with the transfer ( this whole process had made me feel like a dishonest thief not a valued customer ) any way 4 days later still no service and completely bewilldered i ring for the third time to be told that untill i meet there requirements re proof of moving that they will restore my service .... when i asked for a supervisor they were extremely rude and short with me... i said that when i joined belong you didnt have any touble taking my money whithout any proof of anything and now that ive moved homes you expect me, your customer to jump through hoops and prove this and that and whatever ( which i did) and still not enough.... as i was now over a week with no service and a payment due the next day .... i cancelled that payment and have now gone with another provider
( fingers and toes crossed) in closing i cannot believe what they put me through at an already extremely stressful time that moving is.
The customer service with this company is disgraceful and there internet speeds are'nt far behind either.... im happy to see them in court if they persue me for breaking my contract mid way through but they stoped providing and i stoped paying.... simple as that!

Start DateMarch 2019
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTC (Fibre to the Curb)

Horrible

Waiting for More than a month and my NBN broadband connection still not finished. Every time I asked, the answer from Belong is the same... " is not from our end, it's NBN ".(Why Belong selling a product/ service that is not ready on the first place?). Unlike other ISP, belong doesn't offers/ have temporary solution (4g modem ?) while you waiting for the connection to be ready
.( According to their customer service when I asked about it)

So be careful not to trust, even when you typing your address in the nbn check box and the result said "NBN is available."

Appalling Customer Service

The frustration you get when trying to deal with this company takes away any feel good that you may get from receiving a cheaper service. If they say they will call you back, do not believe them. I have now spent many hours on the phone to them trying to sort out a very simple administrative issue.

Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

It's cheap but infuriating

Website and app never seem to work... there is no phone support either... just a machine telling you to email via their website... website and app never seem to work...

Don't trust Belong data counter

Belong doesn't have accurate scales when it comes to their data usage.
I have never gone through 10 gig in one day..Basis right but not from their Point of view.
Absolute garbage I wouldn't recommend this Telco worst so far I have dealt with for service
All the other comments are true Keep Away biggest Scam in Australia at moment Telsra operated...

Start DateJanuary 2019
Data TypeCapped Data

Belong withdraws order

After a wonderful customer service experience online, I decided to contract Belong for our ADSL now and NBN future internet connection. They sent us the modem, but a few days later called to withdraw my order due to a shortfall. Not suggestions on what to do next, just a brief note to say they won't be able to deliver what they promised.

Data TypeUnlimited Data

Let's sell crap internet.

Horrible connection. Internet speed is fantastic, however you can't sell that on just speed. Only selling point is they piggyback off of Telstra, however I can't stay connected whatsoever.

Start DateFebruary 2019

Worst

Worst connection ever. Used to have no internet connection from 12pm to 6pm everyday, called them multiple times & nothing changed. Now i don’t have internet from 12pm onwards not till the next Day morning. It’s been few days and there’s no improvement at all. Why would I pay for internet if I can only use it for a few hours in the morning? Never using them again.