Belong Broadband

Belong Broadband

ADSL and NBN
1.6 from 3,207 reviews

Worst provider I have come across

I wouldn’t go near this company with a 10 foot pole. After 3 months of waiting for a connection I gave up and went with a different company and now I can’t get a connection with them because belong won’t cancel the order with the NBN Co.

Set-up Time120 days

Do not use belong!

Slow internet, terrible customer service. After two years of a poor product (granted it is cheap and we got what we paid for) they notified us they were disconnecting our adsl at a certain date and that we would need to organise nbn. When we found another provider they charged us a termination fee even though they were disconnecting our service.

Start DateJanuary 2017

STAY AWAY. Do yourself a favour and do not sign with Belong

Total ineptitude at managing a standard outage: mis-communication, contradictory advice and information, inability to coordinate a resolution, lack of care, long queues on the phone. Woeful customer service. I had such an awful experience with Belong and after 6 weeks with an internet outage they were still unable to resolve my service. They promised to send an engineer that didn’t arrive, refunds that didn’t appear, weeks before my complaints were responded to and only when I disconnected did they actually offer take my outage seriously. Worst experience.

Start DateFebruary 2018
Set-up Time5 days
Adequate Speeds Yes
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTB (Fibre to the Building)

Wow. Never again!

Absolutely horrid customer service:
- customer service will repeat same unhelpful steps each call and/or internet inquiry;
- calls made to them are a very slow process - trudging through prompts every time; there's not even a chance of the trouble-shooting process being sped-up via reference numbers or alternative phone numbers for an existing technical issue/case you may have with them;
- everything is outsourced, it seems, and the line quality of these service calls is really terrible. Subsequently it becomes very hard to understand the technicians; further compounding the issue about them providing an insufficient service;
- the customer service team are not even tech-savvy; so if you aren't tech savvy either, this would no-doubt be a nightmare were you to run into any issues with their products;

Never again.

Start DateJanuary 2017
Set-up Time14 days
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

DONT EVER TAKE ANY MOBILE PLAN

I got their mobile plan $40 few months ago which covers international outgoing . recently I changed my plan to $10 plan thru their web site .and It was successful . But After I noticed they charged me $40 . When I ask them for refund they keeps on asking stupid question of the successful screen shot after changing plan .I dont know why how stupid they are , why would I need to get screen shot after changing plan .

They dont have call centre and always nee to open a support request and wait for they response

Totally useless

Start DateFebruary 2019
Connection TypeWireless

I have never experienced this bad a level of customer service

If i could give zero I would
I was browsing a broadband comparison company and was convinced to select belong for my network provider but after reading reviews (and it’s not available for my building) (which I should have checked but I didn’t) I wanted to disconnect (before I’ve even connected !!!) and I’ve honestly been on hold with them a total of 6 hours now
I finally managed to get through after 3 hours last night and thought I managed to cancel it but today I got a text saying the application was still in process so I’ve been trying to call today to confirm the cancellation
I’ve managed to get through 3 times now (after ONE HOUR) on hold each time and they keep DROPPING the call
I honestly don’t think I’ve ever been this annoyed in my life please choose somewhere else that will provide better internet and at the very least human decency level of customer service !!!!!!!!!!

Connection TypeWireless

DON'T SIGN UP WITH BELONG!

Ever since I signed up with belong internet, I have been messaging them everyday because the internet is so slow and it always turns off. Every day or two the modem resets itself just because and no one can use it until I change all the settings in the modem. I pay $70 a month for the slowest internet in the world. Sometimes i cant even connect to my own internet even if its working. Also belong don't have a number so you can't actually call them and speak to someone. They take forever to respond on Facebook and they just keep going in circles asking the same questions yet not actually doing anything about it. The thing is they won't give me refund for this month since it was the worst. All they do is say "we need to isolate the problem" because it takes 3 months to do That!

Start DateApril 2017
Set-up Time14 days
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTP (Fibre to the Premises)

Worst customer service ever!!!

Worst service and customer service, I was on the phone for an hour and a half while 1:20 was waiting!!!! Stay away!! And they want you to restart the commitment if you move home. Don’t commit or go with belong if you are planning to move house.

Start DateSeptember 2018
Adequate Speeds Yes

Bad connection

Bad connection, always red indicator flashing on in the moldem, tried to get a tecnitian for
4 months, they always ditched.
Very disappointed, I’m disconnecting it after a year and a half with belong being 4 months working on and off..

OK
Start DateDecember 2017

Called on Jan 15 to get ADSL, 2 weeks later still waiting for activation

I called on the 15th or 16th to activate an ADSL service and it is now February and they are telling me it can take a further 2 weeks. I keep calling, being put on hold for 30 minutes or more, but they just keep telling me to wait for SMS. Terrible service better to find another provider.

Worst service provider

I want to complain about Belong terrible customer service, making me take 2 days off because ' a technician is supposed to come' but in the end never comes, because fake appointments were created, because I never got any follow up calls (however I was told I would get follow up calls)... anyway, this was just overall a terrible experience and I would never recommend Belong to anyone. Canceling the service I am paying for but I cannot access because a technician never comes in the end seems the easiest. If you have any other provider for me, please let me know.

Start DateMarch 2017
Set-up Time15 days
Data TypeCapped Data

Worst service

Worst service provider. Made a fake promise to activate my service in 4 days but it’s been month nothing has been done I have been trying to reach them and no one responds as theya re always busy I requested my online chat or sending emails but still nothing happens. I had even requested that I need my broadband to set up early as promise was done to me but no action was taken and have stuck me in between please never ever get your broadband from belong

Start DateJanuary 2019

Appalling customer service

October-18 we moved to a house which Belong was providing ADSL service and we decided to take up a 12-month contract thinking since we previously had belong NBN in earlier location and had no issues. On the day of connection, the technician had mentioned an 8Mbps speed but we have hardly managed to have about 2Mbps, and sub-par 1.5 Mbps during weekdays and peak times. Unfortunately, it has been a very bad experience, from November onwards I have raised multiple issues with the chat agent but to no respite, they have always promised to get back to us but have never heard back from the belong service team. You would find multiple logs in their CRM system about our chat interaction as well as calls to their toll-free number (1300 235 664), however, the toll-free number always puts customers in >1 hr queue and cuts off the phone calls. Now in Feb-19 their belong technicians confirmed they cant provide better speed since the Unit is 3000+ meters away from the exchange. We requested termination of the contract but they aren't ready to terminate without the exit fees. Absolutely disgrace in the name of customer service and the unempathetic outlook towards customers is appalling. Have finally gone ahead and filed a case with the telecom ombudsman to see if they can help resolve this.

Set-up Time10 days
Connection TypeHFC (Cable)

1 hour 15 min wait, again!

Terrible customer service. Waiting time to be answered is close to an hour and once answered person on the other side don't know anything. First time connecting was easy and reconnection to New property was a pain and again leaving belong was even worst. I was put on hold for an hour again today to check my refund due to no service for 23 days and they told me that was adjust in my last month. Where they charged me for last month in my direct debit as well(7 days service, paid for 30 days). Don't get stuck with them.

OK
Trustworthiness
Bad
Start DateMay 2016
Set-up Time15 days
Connection TypeI don't know

1 Month wait for technician ... though able to cancel account without problems/charge

I just moved into 6 month lease rental property and started an account (via Iselect) with belong.
I then found out that the earliest appointment was 1 month later = unacceptable.
After 15 min I got into the call center ... no success regarding changing the appointment.
Though I was able to cancel straight away .. without charges (they said)

Terrible on all platforms

Speeds of between 2-3 mbs on NBN. Many calls to try and sort out resulting in 2 hour waiting periods and then your call drops out. No return calls after advising.

Start DateJanuary 2018
Set-up Time21 days
Data TypeUnlimited Data
Connection TypeFTTN (Fibre to the Node)

Should have read the reviews, Belong are a joke

I have been trying to get a connection for 3 weeks now, still nothing, service is a joke, they avoid sending a technician out to resolve the issue at all costs, do not go with this company.

Start DateJanuary 2019
Connection TypeI don't know

Numerous attempts to disconnect - seriously incompetent

I have had ADSL with Belong for about 5 years and have actually been happy with the connection and speed and have not had any issues. However, I am now connecting to NBN and have changed to another provider. Trying to disconnect my service with Belong has been nothing short of ridiculous. Waiting time on the phone exceeded two hours and my call still was not answered. You are informed that wait time will not exceed 20 minutes, however at no point do you get any indication where your call sits in the queue - you are just left hanging. In frustration I sent numerous messages via Facebook Messenger - I was actually answered on each occasion, however it took a further three days of messaging backwards and forwards before they actually disconnected my service.

I thought my new provider (Aussie Broadband) would have disconnected my service but they told me they can't due to privacy issues. Would have saved me endless time communicating with incompetent call centre staff at Belong. That's several hours of my life I'll never get back.

The next hurdle I anticipate will be being billed again even though I instructed Belong my service was to be disconnected before the end of the next billing cycle.

Connection TypeADSL/ADSL2+

No way of contacting if any problems

I had no problems at all with belong until I moved address. I did what I needed to do on the app and it’s been a week and still no connection. I’ve called belong multiple times, been hung up on twice. Once just managed to get through after 2 hours of waiting and it just beeped out. The second time, spoke to a lady, said my problem and she kept saying she can’t hear me and needed to hang up for security purposes- yet I’ve had full service - with belong to ad and no problems with any other calls immediately after. I’ve requested 4 call backs while waiting in que and received none.

Now I plan on cutting off my service when I get my months internet money back (since none has been able to be used) but highly doubt that will be possible when can’t talk to anyone.

Service

Worst internet service provider. I feel like I am paying belong for no reason. I dont recommend belong to anyone