Bendigo Bank

Bendigo Bank

Branches and Online

Sneaky interest rates

Each year they rename their home loans, so have one interest rate for new customers, a different one for older customers. If you stick with them as a loyal customer you will be rewarded with them spiking up you interest rate far above their recent loans!

Review TypeLoan Application

Dreadful Service. Go elsewhere

Bank with Bendigo if you want to pay Fee’s on top of Fee’s on top of Fee’s! Terrible Customer Service, terrible processing speeds, just all round bad service. Short term customer already had enough.
Seriously go elsewhere.

Excellent customer service

I've been banking with Bendigo for the last 20 years. I have nothing but praise for the staff and customer service. While I realise satisfaction may vary from branch to branch I would highly recommend to anyone.

Review TypeATM Experience, Business Banking, Credit Card Application, General Transactions and Loan Application

Well worth it

I purchased a product online abd it was nothing like it was advertised.
There was no contact address or way of contacting them.
BENDIGO bank got threw to this ghost company and got my money back to me.
Thanks BENDIGO bank.

Customer Service is AWFUL

As a Bendigo Bank customer for over 25 years, really sad to see how customer service has deteriorated as the bank has grown. When we discharged our mortgage last year, hoping to get the title of our home by Christmas, paperwork magically disappeared meaning we had to chase ot up with bank and then waited over 4 months for the title to the home we worked so hard to pay off. This set off a series of disgraceful customer service experiences. When we complained through their customer service advocacy department - the only response we got was 'I don't know how this happened'.

Bendigo Bank you have spoken loud and clear about how little you value your customers - we're taking our banking elsewhere.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

When you’re a big bank, you have big responsibilities. So we only care about our big clients.

I have been with this bank forever and I withdrew my super because I have fallen on hard times.

So to have my super account dwindle by nearly a quarter due to fees + fees + fees. Then to be sent a cheque two days before the long weekend due to a big stuff up on their end... I rang my bank to ask if there was anyway they could process it more quickly.

He said he would see what he can do. Then obviously looked at how not rich I am and stated that he wouldn't help and even if I paid a fee to have it processed quicker, it wouldn't be processed before the long weekend - even though it's Thursday and if it's meant to be quicker than the 3 normal days processing, should be Friday.

He then said he could help me with maybe a little bit and I asked why he couldn't give me the full amount and he said anything could happen with a cheque and we aren't willing to take that chance.

Well how has cash Converters allowed me to do it instantly? I had to pay them 10% but whatever. I don't expect to do anything anymore in life without paying through the teeth and losing a substantial amount of my own money before I actually see it.

If it's from a reputable company like Hesta and cashie's can do it. Then it's bloody obvious that the 3 days in transition bendigo wasn't willing to have $440 out of their huge arse fund in my hands because that is money they would earn interest on.

Congrats Bendigo. I officially couldnt eat or pay my rego and drive til Tuesday. Thank god for cash converters.

Money can't buy happiness. Yes it can & it also apparently buys you respect.

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Not bigger than a bank, more like "worse than a bank"

Lagging way behind from other banks. No option to reset password online, nor to even register for online banking! Calling customer service to do these things is a pain, always more than 20 mins wait. Last time I was on hold for 48 minutes then they hung up! Beyond frustration!

Worst Bank In Australia

Worst people, they claim to be a good bank but lie because I called and the man or woman I could not tell said that I would be getting a call in the morning today oh well lololol

Absolute shameful , consumers are still waiting for their money and Bendigo will not speed up payments !

Absolutely and totally disappointed ! I am STILL waiting for income payment ! Speed up payments Bendigo !! Your at fault so process consumers payments so they can eat and get medication !!! Most of us DO NOT earn enough NOT to live day by day ! I’m STILL WAITING !

Couldn't believe it

Been with them just over a yr an I have had my account hacked 4 times an they made me wait over 44 days to get my money back one time I cancelled my debt card an the lady didn't do it, An yep someone was riding around in a uber using my card. I had to wait another 44 days to get my money back even though it was not my mistake

Review TypeGeneral Transactions

Lousy new interface wreaks havoc with disability and often fails to work.

I have been a BBL customer for around 20 years, and until their recent changes to their online banking portal, I was more than happy with them. I am looking elsewhere.

I have multiple disabilities, including a sensory processing disorder. With the old interface, I had no problems using it. It was simple, clean and clear.

With the new facelift, the site is wreaking havoc with me. I am having trouble focussing on things and the information is confusing. It gives me headaches and nauseates me. I have complained to the BBL but they cannot do anything about it. They suggested I try phone banking, which I set up, but have not used as my auditory processing issues are worse than my visual ones.

I am really worried I may make mistakes, given how hard it is to use the new interface. The risk of errors is far greater on phone banking, however.

To make matters worse, the new interface is shockingly slow on my computer. Today, I wanted to transfer funds and pay some bills and had to log out and log back on to see if it might work. It just went around in circles for ages. It worked eventually, after a huge amount of stress and trouble.

On top of all these woes, since the switch to the new interface, my Microsoft mobile phone cannot transfer funds between accounts. There is some sort of glitch I cannot get past.

I am now looking for a bank that offers online banking that is practical for me to use.

It is a pity, as I have always been happy with Bendigo Bank. I have always found them helpful and prompt in responding to concerns.

The best bank ever

The staff have always been very helpful to their customers and the service has been excellent so I would recommend banking with them because they have good interests on their savings accounts.

Review TypeATM Experience, General Transactions and New Account

You can negotiate fees with Bendigo bank and they listen

Well, the Royal Commission into Australia's financial sector has been completed and the consequences for the Big 4 banks will be a severe tickling with a feather and a two week all expenses paid holiday to Disneyland courtesy of ASIC and APRA.
The Bendigo's peoples' bank hardly got a mention, if at all.
Bendigo bank may not always seem perfect, but they're approachable, listen and do all they can to accommodate any reasonable requests.
We all have to remember : without customers and their money, financial " institutions " wouldn't be. We are all the consumers of the products they offer, and until we start to realise that without us using their products they would go out of business. Ask why the credit card interest rate they slug us with is allowed ? We're the bunnies they target with their honey sweet misleading advertising believed by the gullible. And most of the feable media help the Big 4 Banks by printing what the Big 4 banks' monkey trained mouth pieces utter to us all with the complete simplistic diatribe and falsehoods ad nauseum.
It should be of great interest for those of us left who are free thinkers - Google " who really owns the Big 4 Autralian banks ". An eye popping revelation we're not supposed to know about.

Hard to find positives

Only tried Bendigo bank services once and have faced all sort of issues. From the start it took two weeks for someone to get back to me after the application was lodged to have an unnecessary interrogation over the phone before the credit card was approved. Closing the card appeared to be a problem too, as they request you to come to their far away branches during business hours to just close the credit card. Wouldn't do it over the phone or give you any tools to action it online. Finally after lots of arguments over the phone, they agree to close the card but charged $13 for a final bank check to send me the surplus amount. Again no indication over the phone that this fee would've been charged and no authorisation from my side to charge the money. <- Illegal practice? Rang them to advise that they can't do this, for which the response was - ok, we will keep it in mind. There you go, decide for yourself if you want to deal with them.

Review TypeCredit Card Application

Misleading Staff & Exorbitant Fees

We met with Bendigo bank to discuss moving all of our banking over from another bank. It was a positive meeting and after requesting extensive amounts of information and documents Bendigo stated they could most definitely offer us better service, products and fees. This was certainly not the case. When our first month of fees and charges were taken from our accounts (business and personal) we were utterly shocked. The charges were just exorbitant and would have equated to us paying DOUBLE to what we paid with our previous bank. When we discussed this with the branch staff we faced very different attitudes from our initial meeting and were somewhat smugly informed we should have read the fine print more closely. We felt very misled by the branch staff. We left this bank as quickly as we could (but only after paying hundreds more in additional fees to do so). Please beware and don't just trust that staff are telling you the full truth or that they really have your best interest in mind when offering products and services. Although a community bank they are certainly more focus on profits than doing the right thing for customers.

Review TypeBusiness Banking, General Transactions and New Account

Awful Fees, Glacial Pace Transfers, Idiot Staff

After years of $50 to $100 a month fees listed as "Transaction fee high" and "Transaction fee low" on statements as well as dealing with their third world banking app the straw that broke the camels back was getting into an argument trying to open a business account.

They needed proof of ownership, I provided the form from ASIC and was told they need the original. I spent an hour arguing with them explaining there IS no original, ASIC dont send them out, you log in and print it. They refused to accept that until I forced them to talk to ASIC who told them directly. This wasnt some new thing it had been that way for over a year.

How is it that the business banking manager doesnt even know the BARE MINIMUM required to open a business account?

Now I've left (to a bank with a functional app, competent staff and no fees despite quadruple the transactions) they are STILL a thorn in my side as every time a customer transfers payment it takes literally twice as long as every other bank. God forbid should they pay me late Friday - every other bank it shows up Saturday in my account but not Bendigo, payments from Bendigo accounts on late Fridays dont show up until at LEAST Tuesday night.

Anyone claiming old school banking what they mean is "Stopped advancing after 1950".

Loads Of Hidden Charges

Bendigo Bank is a great bank with great staff that actually care but they slug you many, many, many Hidden charges. 40c charge extra per transaction!!! No thank you. I don't recommend Bendigo Bank if you hate getting Hidden charges and fees but they are a good bank.

Beware of this bank which just scams its customers

I had a home loan with a smaller bank refinanced to bendigo bank. I was told the only way to get equity out was to transfer from a home loan to business loan. The rate was 0.2% higher and everything else was the same. I agreed. About 4 years passed after getting the loan and everything was fine. The property value had tripled, I never missed a payment, and then out of the blue the new bank manager told me that I was supposed to have submitted my tax returns for those 4 years and the bank had accidently not told me, they just assumed I would know that since it was vaguely written in the contract. I no longer had the company so couldn't submit any documents. They raised the rate to almost 10% (from 5%) overnight, meaning I had to somehow find almost double the mortgage payment on a single income. My 50 hour work week I almost doubled, almost 100 hours a week to keep on top of the payments. 3 years have passed and despite going through 3 different bank branches, complaint centers etc, bendigo bank has yet to resolve the issue. I've had to resort to legal action as their banking process is beyond 3rd world and corrupt. I say stay away from the bank. They are cheats, liars and scammers!

People are just so friendly at Bendigo

I've been with Bendigo bank for 5 years now and they are such a great team. Everytime I go there the team is always so friendly and always offer to help me with learning how to save properly and giving me tips and tricks on how to get a better percentage rate. I've loterally never had a bad experience there, no matter what bank I go to. I've found them very reliable and the customer service is just exceptional.

New Website

The new website is a disaster. It is difficult to navigate and when you ring customer support for assistance you waste endless time as they try to navigate it. It would be the worst banking site I have have to use in my business..