Branches, Online
See the Best Banks in 2021 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Bendigo Bank? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

Best bank I have come across for customer service

Started with Bendigo Community Bank 13 years ago . We can always rely on them. All experiences have been excellent. We get great phone, online and in branch service. They learned our names early. So good we have bought shares in the bank in recent years.

Don’t bother.

Opened some accounts to deposit hundreds of thousands and to have an expense account. They called me to ask if i still wanted to use them as they were empty for a few weeks before i started using them. I told them I will use them very soon, and they closed the accounts 3 days later, a week before settlement date. These guys dont want your business, stay away at all costs!

worst bank in australia

since ive been with bendigo bank since november 2020 ive had 2 times where ive had fraudelent transactions happen in which it has put me and my daughter in severe financal stress where we havent been able to buy food and not though any fault of our own my debit card was never linked nor brought anything online ever but this bank made us out to be the criminals and refused to help in way shape or form
please dont use this bank ever as all they only care about the bottom line and there is no customer service whatsoever

dreami27
dreami27port macquarie

Absolutely Pathetic

Had a problem with my account, called the 1300 number only to be told the wait time was 1.5 hours. Tried again the next day and the next, and still over 1.5 hours wait time. Tried calling my local branch and they no longer exist!!!. Tried using their online chat, only to be told i would need to call the 1300 number and wait 1.5 hours to speak to someone. Absolutely pathetic, needless to say I will be driving 45 minutes to the next 'local branch' to close my account at the first available opportunity. An absolute joke that i was unable to access my business account / funds or speak to anyone for assistance. After 10 years of being a Bendigo Customers - all I can say is "Avoid this bank at all costs".

Shereen
ShereenGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No experience in lending

I’m a branch manager for another bank. Decided to go to Bendigo bank in dingley to look at refi my loan. At first I was told they could help me with amount I needed and then later said I could borrow $400,000 less than was initially discussed. Blamed children for this. As a lender she should have known what expenses to use at initial conversation to be able to provide an accurate borrowing capacity. I can understand an amount of $100k less but $400k less is absurd. I don’t even think it was done correct as have since spoken to another bank and was able to get a more realistic borrowing capacity.

Best Super Funds in 2020!

Wendy Z.7 Nov 2019
best-super-funds-in-2020

Best Credit Cards in 2020!

Wendy Z.19 Nov 2019
best-credit-cards-in-2020

What Is Peer-To-Peer Lending?

Nathan S.14 Nov 2019
what-is-peer-to-peer-lending

Won't Action Messages

Bendigo bank don't provide any online service.
They have a "Secure Message" system in your account, But the only reply you ever get (After a couple of WEEKS) is "If this is still outstanding phone us"

They have absolutely no idea of online service.

TopicGeneral Transactions
Huandal
HuandalMelbourne

Bendigo Bank has lost it's way

Withdrew my money from the Bendigo bank yesterday. This is not a service focused bank anymore. Why should I trust a bank with my money when management decide its ok to close at lunchtime - the time when most folks do their banking? Also, branches are so understaffed that simple in branch procedures can mean a very long wait. There's no culture of valuing of clients' time and money here. The good service that got me in years ago is dead in the water, and I don't trust a bank that can't prioritise people over a paint-by-numbers approach to banking. After a long relationship, dear Bendigo Bank, I'm out.

amanda p.
amanda p.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Fantastic online app with great phone support

I have been with Bendigo 30 years. Tried other banks but have never had as good service. I use internet banking via Bendigo app without any problems. Any queries...I have never had any problem getting through on the phone and both on the phone and in branch have found the staff helpful and friendly.

Brian Cavill
Brian CavillGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Be Warned About Bendigo Invest Direct

JasonB
JasonBMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Phone Service is Garbage

Asked for a callback within 40mins 3 hrs later nothing….. Ring up again to speak to someone 1 hr so far on hold time to fix a well known problem bendigo you’ve cut a lot of staff its starting to show….

bianca
bianca

Dont bother with this bank

it is so difficult to do anything online with this bank.. for something as simple as adding a payee to send money too from my internet banking there is hoops to jump..ive been trying to send an important payment and have been on the phone for 2 hours now and have not been answered yet.. ,If they offer you a callback, i suggest stay on the phone as you will be waiting even longer..
Do yourself a favour and bank with anyone else..
Ill be closing my account first thing Monday

George
GeorgeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Service has been dropping

Went in for some banking and the service was terrible with them not knowing my appointment was scheduled for the day.
Felt like they had better things to do than look at my new loan application.
Last time service was great but this time! I will be heading to ING

Sue E.
Sue E.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Can not get access to own funds or information based on No branch availability and phone contact not allowing

Frustrated
FrustratedHobart, TAS

You'll spend most of your life on hold with Bendigo.

I have been with this bank for 10+ years, and am now planning to go elsewhere. Everytime I call for basic enquiries its a 30 min wait at least. They even lost money deposited into my account, it took days to find it because the account it had gone into they'd already closed. Everything is an effort to get done and they don't particularly like to help either.

NJR
NJRGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Save yourself the hassle and go with another bank!

I've been with this bank for 5+ years and everything has been a hassle - from opening an everyday account, to taking out insurance (any kind), and don't even get me started on the home loan process.

I chased them three times to renegotiate my home loan interest rate, and every time I was promised someone would call me back within 24 hours. Yet, I waited over 2 months and no one got in touch.

Ive moved all my accounts to another bank and the experience has been seamless.

This bank doesn't make the effort to keep your business, so find a bank that will!

Read more reviews - page 2