BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2

BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2

See the Best 4WD Tyres in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Great bang for your buck

Considering the price I paid,they are a great tire.
Overall decent wear and performance. Not the best tire I've owned but I certainly paid more money for those.
Changed them out @ 70k road noise was just too much. The tire could easily last another 30k but it would be a noisy ride.
Also at the 60k Mark noticed a decline in performance on wet pavement and standing water. Even with heavy loads.
They were being used on a 2500 Ram, loads of towing with a good mix of off-road use.
All in all I think they are good tires with good performance and had no issues with uneven wear or sidewall issues.

Purchased in August 2016 at Costco.

Tyre Mileage 70,000 km
Car ModelRam Laramie Limited 2500 diesel 4x4
Tyre Pressure Used65 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyWeekly

Dan

DanDarling Downs, QLD

Absolute junk!

Purchased in August 2017 for $300.00.

Tyre Mileage 17,700 km
Car ModelNissan Navara D22
Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI
Glenn B

Glenn BGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Great all rounder, tough off road

I have had these on my Dmax for 4 years and about 75000km with great results. They hang on well on dry roads and predictably on wet bitumen, certainly better than the original Bridgestone A/Ts and miles better than some Coopers I have owned. Offroad they are excellent, dealing with sand, high country rocks, the Simpson and Cordillo Downs road; no punctures. The downsides are some loss of fuel economy, as expected with a heavier more aggressive tyre, increasing noise with age and some chipping of the tread in the last 5000km. I could get another 5-10k out of them but will swap them to spares. Will buy again.

Purchased in July 2015.

Tyre Mileage 75,000 km
Car ModelIsuzu D-MAX RC (2012-Present)
Tyre Pressure Used36 PSI
Off-Roading FrequencyWeekly

Mileage great but.

These tyres had fantastic mileage 100,000 + kilometres but as they got older the road noise became very noticeable and they were not great in the wet. They are a very capable off-road tyre.

Purchased in September 2017.

Tyre Mileage 100,000 km
Car ModelFord Ranger PX.II (2015-Present)

vakushka

vakushkaIllawarra, NSW

KO2 - just too much road noise.

recently purchased a set of 215/65 KO2's and found the road noise at 70-100km/h to be draining after a long trip, had 2x wheel allignments to check all okay and bearings have been recently replaced that eliminated all other factors, ended up exchanging them last week due to this.

Purchased in May 2019.

Malcolm

MalcolmSouth East Queensland, QLD

Not happy with sidewall construction

I purchased 6 KO2 30/10.5/16 tyres for my HZJ75 Troopcarrier last year. In The Kimberley I holed three sidewalls (despite running appropriate tyre pressures and using thoughtful driving technique), once on round rocks, once on sharp rocks and once by a tiny stick. Very, very disappointed with their sidewall protection performance.
I heard similar reports from other outback drivers while travelling. I've done this trip several times in similar vehicles and conditions without drama, though not on KO2s...
I'm due to head out bush again and am going change to 16 inch rims and another brand of tyre this time, not BFG KO2s.

Purchased in May 2018.

Tyre Mileage 35,000 km
Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 70 HDJ/HZJ
Tyre Pressure Used38 PSI

Zak

ZakPerth, WA

Can run over sharp steel, but can't handle wooden twigs.

Purchased in October 2018 at Bob Jane T-Marts for $1,182.00.

Tyre Mileage 6,000 km
Car ModelSuzuki 2004 XL7
Tyre Pressure Used26 PSI

TitusGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Low wear, excellent grip, treat them nice and they will last years.

KO2 265/75 R16 on original steel factory rims.
Purchased the day I picked up my new BT50. Now have done 50000 Km with slight wear showing. I expect another 50000 out of them.
Around town in a loaded work ute, great.
Highway speeds fully loaded towing a caravan, great.
Gravel, corrugated dirt tracks, great. With the van, awesome.
Muddy, sandy horrible outback tracks, great. Beach driving excellent with reduced pressure.
My only concerns was in an unloaded ute in heavy rain they can loose grip. If you drive like a professional and read the conditions you can't fault them.
Just manage the pressures and rotate.

Purchased in February 2016.

Tyre Mileage 50,000 km
Car ModelMazda BT-50 MK2 (2011-Present)
Tyre Pressure Used39 PSI

Unimpressed

Tread wear and chipping that bad at 10,000 km service of my hilux 4x4 that localToyota service refused to rotate them. Should have stuck to either “Mickeys” or
Goodyear Wrangler Duratrak that I get 70 to 75,000kms out of on the harsh gravel roads that I spend most of my time on. Been waiting over 3 weeks to hear from Michelin rep. Never again

Purchased in October 2018.

Off-Roading FrequencyDaily
Mick

MickIllawarra, NSW

US Recall on BFF KO2'S

Ive had BFG's for over 20yrs, but never the new KO2's. I came here to read the reviews and to do a bit of pre-purchase research and noted a few people have complained about tearing sidewalls. Dug a bit deeper and found that there was a recall in the US for this specific problem, back in 2015 or 16. Unfortunately it appears us insignificant Aussies got conveniently left out of that.

Out of curiosity, has anyone experienced issues with these tyres more recently (2018-2019), as they may have fixed the issue?

Purchased in March 2019.

noel

noel

Excellent tyres

Wear extremely well sticks to the road in wet, dry snowy conditions very good wearing tyre on a 4wd Hilux that is used for towing a large trailer all the time.

Purchased in March 2017 at Bob jand moonah.

Tyre Pressure Used45 PSI

M Holden

M HoldenHobart, TAS

Amazing!

So glad I switched to these tyres. My parents got 200,000 kilometers out of theirs which is why I decided to try them. They are not noisy on the road and grip really well. I've had them on for nine months now and they get regularly rotated and not even a sign of wear as yet. I'm super happy with them and the price is worth is several times over!

Purchased in May 2018 at Bob Jane T-Marts.

Tyre Mileage 14,996 km
Car ModelToyota Prado J120
Off-Roading FrequencyYearly

Chels

ChelsGoonellabah

Exceeded my expectations!

Love my set of BF'S! This is my first set and I will be buying the same set when I am due to buy more! I highly recommend to anyone who wants to take any terrain from snow to mud. Theirs a lot more quieter than I thought while out on the highway

CarFord ranger

Reg

RegBemboka

very poor

Car2014 Dodge Ram 2500

BF Goodrich ko2 speed rating

Totally disappointed with the speed rating of the BF Goodrich Ko2. As most of the modern SUVs are a lot faster than the speed rating ( s ) I feel it should be a minimum of a H speed rating or or a speed rating of v. So come on the bF Goodrich you have been around long enough to know better.

Car2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee WK 3.0 v6 crd
rl

rlsydney

be very wary

CarLandcruiser 200 GX

Dangerous in Wed Conditions

Bought these tyres as a package with the vehicle, great tyre in dry conditions, plenty of grip off road. When using them in muddy conditions, keep spinning them moderately to clear the lugs.
However in wet conditions on sealed roads they are more than dangerous. Thankful for traction control cause without it, you'd be off the road. They feature a very hard compound which is great for wear and longevity but hopeless for grip on wet sealed surfaces. Although my vehicle isn't a power house, I can still drift at 80Km/H.

Car2017 Ford Ranger PX2 XLS

Won’t stay balanced

Not so good for my 285/55R20, all 4 are bad. Ride good, nice wear but they won’t stay balanced. Had to be balanced twice the first week I got them, rotated them at 5200 miles, balanced them twice and they won’t stay in balance. Hopefully my shop will get them replaced under warranty.

Car2015 Toyota Tundra Limited double cab 4x4

Dragonflz

DragonflzDarling Downs, QLD

Great Tyres well worth the price

Car2000, Nissan Patrol Wagon GU2

Glenn.M

Glenn.M

Wait there still going

I love these tyres they look super tough they handle the tough business & they are gonna last me a good 3 years. A little joke there but seriously the life you gonna get out of these tyres are so much better than the competition. They handle great on the road, get you down the beach for a fish or surf & love hitting a challenging 4wd park.

CarFor courier

Fred

Fredasked

What pressure should my bf Goodrich all terrain ko2 tyres be at? I have them fitted on my motorhome

Titus

The manufactures recommended pressure listed on the compliance plate.

Micky Oasked

I just replaced my stock tyres on my 2014 Hilux with BFG 265/65/17 A/T KO2. They ride just fine but I noticed on three of the rims on the inside the dealer put lead strips about 2.5cm x 15 cm. Must be about a half a kilo! That doesn't seem right. On the fourth rim there is a 40 gram balance weight. Is this acceptable practice or is this a known issue with the new BFGs. This is the fifth vehicle I g=have installed BFGs on and never noticed anything before.

BTBloke
BTBloke

Hi mate. I see nobody has answered you. that's because most will think it is a dumb question. However to answer your question and take some worry off your mind the problem is not with the tyres. The issue is with the rims. and its not really an issue. Don't panic about it there is nothing wrong, it is just to balance the tyre with balance with the rim.

Micky O

Thanks Mate... I brought the tyres back to the dealer and they rotated the tyre on the rim. Ended up with 25 gram! All good. And it was only on one rim not three as written above!

Chris Aasked

I have these on my 6.5t iveco daily twin wheel.
I have been told it won't pass the plate test.
What weight can each tyre carry?

Black Wolf
Black Wolf

Hi Chris,
I'm no expert but I just went out and checked the tyre wall and it reads:

Max load single is 1360kg at 80psi cold
Max load Dual is 1250kg at 80psi cold

I hope this helps.

Chris A

I read the plate and requires 225/75/17 .
Front and rear on a twin which is is.
Then it says weight 118/116 ?? That's where I'm stuck!
I don't have this to see on my KO2'S.
I was led to believe as KO2'S had thicker side walls so they carry a lot more weight.
I think only no proof till I get van back is it was more the 7.5t Mark as opposed to the 6.5t I only need.

Get an answer from our members and BFGoodrich representatives

Category4WD Tyres