Big W

Online Store, Retail Stores (See All)
See the Best Shops in 2022 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.
Brand Manager for Big W? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

kedahboy
kedahboyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Sale item not in stock

I received an email in July 2022 from Big W on sale items so went to the Big W store in Westfield Doncaster to purchase the item I was interested in. Took the item to checkout and the price stated was the higher price so asked the checkout lady and she said online only though this was not clearly stated in the email.
Anyway, went straight to the website there and then to place the order but came up with no stock available though I had it in my hand!!
No help from onlineorders@bigw.com.au as they claimed to be a different "entity" from the stores!!

notjhappy
notjhappymelbourne

2 prices for one item

went to buy a heater advertised as $75, attended instore and item was $100, attended cashier with item in hand and asked for advertised price, I was told by manager it was their online price and could not match, if I went out to my car and ordered pick up online I would get it at the online price, I had cash in my hand and the item, could not believe the response and went elsewhere, I saved $40 on similar item, contacted Big W online to complain which states response in 2 days, now 2 months and no reply, was a long term customer who is now happy to go elsewhere.

Misleading product description

Bought two small hot water bottles for the kids. Desertion website and package claims they are made of ‘high quality natural rubber’

When went home and opened them they stank to high heaven of petroleum.

Why lie, especially for products sold for kids? Why?

Blake
BlakeSouth East Queensland, QLD

Terrible electronics from china need to show more responsibility

Every time I buy any electronic item from Big W it last less than a week! Yes your items are cheap and not perfect but they should at least work. I would encourage you to be more responsible with the items you stock. Not good enough!!!

Cazmo
CazmoSouth East Queensland, QLD

Uniforms for Staff Members

I think its sad that a Team of Staff Members have to wear their own clothes instead of getting a Uniform to be part of a Team!. What happened to the lovely Blue Uniform that they wore with pride, now they are all walking around with their own clothes on, you cant tell who is who around the office. No wonder they dont look happy.
To the CEO's and Management un high in the rankings, give your staff a uniform and let them show how proud they are to work for Big W!

Marcello
MarcelloSouth East Queensland, QLD

JVC 43 android dv 4k

Cheap tv, the picture was extremely dark to the point that it was really hard to watch movies. then the picture would go a little lighter than dark again. brightness can not be adjusted individually, only presets. The backlight system was obviously faulty. Ended up taking it back got a refund except for the $50 shipping which was a bit annoying considering the product was faulty.

Ingrid B.
Ingrid B.Queensland

Delivery a joke my suitcase was ok but nothing special

Paid a delivery fee only to find a card in my screen that they had been but I didn’t hear them knock as I was home. I had to pick up my parcel myself from the Toll Depot 20 mins away. I would like a refund for the delivery please as it wasn’t delivered. Why can’t they leave my parcel like everyone else does?

Lorraine Downie
Lorraine DownieHunter Region, NSW

Pet section

This is not a complaint but an observation. I recently bought a puppy silicone mat with four corners so the puppy pad can be anchored. I then purchased the anko training pads . They don’t fit, needs to be 60cmx60cm not 56cmx66cm. Could this be looked at please.

Don't bother if you are sending a gift to someone.

Placed an order for my niece's birthday present, to be delivered in another state, paid for shipping, ticked the box for no contact delivery.
They "attempted" a delivery, and now my niece has to go to a bloody collection centre to pick up her birthday present. I just got scammed out of delivery money.

RFC
RFCPerth, WA

Very Annoyed

Jody
JodySouth West, WA

I ordered 3 dresses last night it said I could do a pick up in bunbury

This morning it refunded the whole order I said I was happy to wait but the said no never again will I order from big w just wasted my time

Delivery is a joke.

The postal company they use in Elizabeth south Australia is a joke,they never knock on gates and always leave a card to contact for re delivery.four times this has happened in the last two months,they say they are coming on the day only to find card the very next morning.my jack Russell doesn't miss a beat when it comes to people knocking on the gates and is better than any doorbell.i never have this problem with other postal carriers.

Online lay buy big fail

The process is difficult and unlike in store the process takes days to pick up items don't go in store they will be more than happy not to help

Atkinson Construction Sl
Atkinson Construction SlOrmeau Hills

Advertising items they don’t have and being harrased by security lady at door

Looked online if they have an item then drove out there to find no stock. Asked security lady at door which confirmed no stock. I then headed for door but called back by her to search my handbag really? It was only a small shoulder handbag big enough to hold only a wallet and my keys had no shopping bags either? For this embarrassing and harresment I will never ever shop at bigw again

Raye64
Raye64Central Queensland, QLD

Leave items out of order!

74 options for slippers listed but not a single pair available. Seriously, that is just downright ridiculous! Then items were forgotten from my order and as I live more than an hour out of town it was very very annoying!! Won't be bothering to shop Big W online OR instore ever again!!!