Big W

2.2

1,133 reviews

Vanessa

VanessaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Problem with payment system made worse by unhelpful staff

Payment system flawed. Online press PAY NOW button and then taken back to beginning. Stock is then counted as being bought and so can not reload shopping cart. Staff on phone (Lilydale store 3140) could not confirm whether they had stock or not, wouldn't even bother to look. No wonder why you guys will be next to go...

Orazio

Orazio

One For All Contour 8 Universal Remote

Purchased the universal remote from Big W online and worked a treat very easy to setup. Never had much luck with other universal remotes in past but this one worked perfect. Please note I had a Dick Smith generic TV to.

ASIAN GAMING

ASIAN GAMING

Big w more like crap w

This crappy company is so bad. I order my parcel literally on the 1/09/2020 and its not 18/09/2020 and its still not here. They delayed it to the 23rd and I bet it's probably not going to come by then. Oh yeah did I also forget to mention I ordered something from another place and it came in 3 days three days. Big W is still coming. So never order online from this garbage company again it so bad. Never n my life I seen anything so bad.

Shirley

Shirley

WORST online shopping

Very bad online shopping experience.
Happened several times, they advertised fake sales on their website, when you pay for it and they ask you for the shipping cost. And in their terms and conditions, shipping cost wont be refunded. So if they dont have sufficient products, they will just ship what they have and charge you shipping cost as well.
Big W if you dont have it, then dont put it as available online! Will never shop in such store anymore!

Hao S.

Hao S.Sydney, NSW

Online Shopping with Big W is a NIGHTMARE

I have to say the online purchase with Big W is a nightmare. I placed an order a FULL month ago. They only cancelled my order until 2 weeks later without notice. I have to find out myself when checking the order status.
Up until now I have not got my refund, after another 2 weeks of contantly chasing. Every time they just told me to wait 24-72 hours. I have to submit a complaint now with Fair Trading in the hope to get money back! It is not even a huge amount and think about all the time I spent on getting it back.
I dont know why for me they can never meet the deallines they promised, or just keep things moving. But from my experience, if you plan to buy from Big W, I hope you are patient enough.

M M.

M M.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Online shopping

I should have read the reviews regarding online shopping and their returns service. It's stage 4 lock down you'd think Big W would get their act together since no one can actually shop. As to why they would dispatch an item from a shop that's 35km away from devilvery address when the closesst Big W that has the same item in stock is 6.5km away is beyond me. They have horrible customer service and clearly bad bussiness structure. I wouldn't buy from them again.
**Update: Once my complaint was escalated manager that handled the situation had it resolved within 2 days. So to be fair star rating went from 1 to 3

barbGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

I can't login to my account anymore

First I successfully logged in after a long time and managed to order 8 items in my shopping basket with an old password. However ,then another login came up; so I tried to login again...with their message "wrong" password and to reset it again. I tried when they sent me a link, which unfortunately was the wrong link...back to the login form where I was, which needed a password...
Confused Barbara

Brenda C.

Brenda C.

Cannot order online

The shopping online feature simply does not work....I have tried for a few days to order some items but. unable to place in cart or even register . A complete waste of my time...I see others complaining of the same issue so fix it !

jenny l.

jenny l.Sydney Surrounds, NSW

refused to exchange or refund

Bought 2 x pair of court shoes I x pair arrived one shoe size 9 other size 6 1 x pair had no heel tips on either shoe I took the shoes AND the receipt back to the store and was told "Sorry you bought them online so we can't do anything" Even when I showed them the Big W returns policy they weren't interested

Chantelle

ChantelleMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Click & Collect & Forget

I found the perfect coffee table from Big W and wanted it immediately, decided to order it click and collect from the website.

Had no idea when it would be ready and was pleasantly surprised to get the message it was ready within the hour.

Went to pick it up same day, staff were helpful and even loaded it into the trolley for me, and viola - JOB DONE! Easy!

Click & Collect is the way to go. The only hard part was the coffee table construction (those damn instructions)

I always have fantastic experiences with Big W, their range is great, affordable, and always well stocked.

Jason t

Jason tGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible service

Firstly my order from a store 10 minutes drive away to a staggering 3 WEEKS to arrive. Opened up the parcel and pant have a big skid mark damage from being stuck under forklift or pallet jack wheels. Was obviously done in big w warehouse a postage packaging was in good condition. So basically the watehouse staff have just pulled it out from under the wheels and said "stuff it, customers problem" and proceeded pack it and to send it to me, rather than writing it off like a reputable company would do. I am.not your garbage dump big w. Get your act together big w

Batman super man reversible cape

It states One size fits all not for kids under 4 the sizing so ridiculous my skinny 6 year old was gagging it was so tight I had to sew ribbon on to extend so he could wear it definitely not recommend people buying this

CustomerGuy

CustomerGuy

TIP : Why you need a receipt to refund or exchange sizes

I shop with Bigw a lot and I can see a lot of people here have the same refund gift issue , a helpful tip that there is gift receipt option if your planning to purchase the item as a gift just ask the checkout or service staff for it. You need a receipt is due to the fact a lot of people just grab items from the clothing section and demands a refund , there is no way of telling if your purchased it as all tags are the same in product code and also due to dishonest people these days makes it diffcult to distinguish between honest and scumbags.

Mandy B

Mandy BSydney, NSW

Never buy gifts from Big W

Ridiculous policy of not being able to exchange clothing for the next size up.
Received many baby gifts, brand exclusive to Big W, tags and hangers still attached, which were the wrong size.
Unable to exchange just to the next size up due to not having the receipt. Who gives you a receipt with a gift?
Other retailers allow for a 'straight swap' or even provide a credit note.
Also, poor customer service.

raman

ramanVictoria

Terrible online orders

I have ordered stuff online from BIGW twice, both times they messed up my order, i have received incorrect items and returned them straight away and they are not sending my correct items. I have been waiting from last 22 days for response and only email they send me is we will contact you with in 24 hours with the information regarding your order. They have are not very good with customer service. Kmart and target are the best.

Lyndal C.

Lyndal C.Darling Downs, QLD

Unable to access online store!

For nearly 2 weeks now have been unable to login to Big W online or even click through to different pages to view items. Constantly get "Oops 500 internal server error" Have contacted their customer service only to receive generic troubleshooting tips, can see from other online forums many others are having the same problem. Cannot understand why this hasn't been rectified!

Kaz

KazSouth East Queensland, QLD

Very happy!

Excellent online ordering service!
So easy to use!
Can't believe how fast my order was processed!
Very happy with the pickup service and friendly staff!
Love the product I purchased!
Great price!
Would highly recommend ordering online!
So hassle free!

Chelsea C.

Chelsea C.South East Queensland, QLD

False advertising is illegal

I ordered a specific product, only to receive something COMPLETELY different!! It even says what I ordered on the receipt and they STILL just gave me a completely different product!!! This is false advertising and theft!! They have charged me shipping costs specifically so could get the product I wanted from another store. I have not been given the items I ordered!!
Now I don't have the product I ordered, am out pocket and STILL can't get what I ordered!! Disgusted

Annette F.

Annette F.Perth, WA

Avella clothing sizing is terrible

I needed a new pair of jeans. Went to Big W, Mirrabooka, and they have a great range’ unfortunately, sizing is anHUGE is. 2 pairs of the same size as labeled, and 1 pair is in fact about 3 sizes bigger around the waists, but then it’s legs are about 8 sizes too small.
The other pair, while fitting around the waist, has tents for the legs :(
Honestly, both labeled the same size :(
They’re going back, and I won’t buy from Big W again.
Oh, and Kmart has a similar issue
I’m told both companies use Chinese manufacturing...by staff
And staff also told me that it’s the pick of the draw with Avella sizing, they they have no control over it

Store LocationMirrabooka WA. But all sizing is the same at BIG W
Natalija

NatalijaSydney, NSW

frustrating

I ordered about 10 items from BigW online shop 7 days ago and it's not been sent out yet. No information about when it will be ready to go. Very disappointing!!!