Big W

See the Best Shops in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Cruiser

CruiserSouth East Queensland, QLD

Garden section Nambour Big W

I would like to congratulate Big W Nambour on the refurbishment of the garden section.
A very good assortment o f plants and well presented. The department head is a credit to the garden section. Keep up the good work .

Store LocationNambour

Unhappy

UnhappySouth East Queensland, QLD

Absolutely awful

Ordered a product online. It was instantly paid for. Contacted later in day to say despite exhaustive search they couldnt find stock. Even though online listing showed stock available. Was told my money was refunded. Drove to the next BigW and purchased the item for cash. Checked bank statement next day to see original payment was made, then refunded, then taken out of my account again. Spoke to six staff over the course of a week. Still havent been refunded. Staff are rude and completely ignore customer enquires. Absolutely terrible service. Will never shop there again

Roleen

RoleenMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Big W Collonades (SA)

I don’t normally write reviews but I am making an exception this time. Big W in Collonades SA deserves a 5 star. The staff are always helpful. Even honoured an expired promo price for an item since we didn’t know it had already finished when we went in store. Also on another occassion they were happy to exchange an item we got by mistake and had already opened. Customer service is excellent in this store. Highly recommended.

Store LocationCollonades Shopping Centre

Great Service

A BIG thank you to the staff of Big W Rouse Hill in the service department. The staff were so helpful and efficient I couldn't have been more impressed. And a general thank you to Big W for keeping their check-out operators, this keeps school kids and mothers wanting part time work in employment. It's of great social benefit to the community. In my opinion this puts Big W streets ahead of Target who no longer employ checkout operators at Rouse Hill.
Employing local kids connects the store to the community which in turn has a long term benefit to Big W - so WELL DONE.

Store LocationRouse Hill

Ros

RosCentral West, NSW

Service

Not only do we have to buy a plastic bag but now we have to serve ourselves. Then wait around to have the item removed from plastic container. Lost us!

Store LocationMudgee

Cassandra

CassandraNortheast, VIC

Why have items online then say can't deliver to particular postcode!!!!!!!

Tried online shopping with them. Filled my basket with simple items like kids swimwear and towels, girls underwear etc. Was informed via checkout that most items couldn't be delivered to my postcode. What a joke. Why advertise these items online, then let customers place them in a cart but then deny delivery of product. What's the point of online shopping. Very frustrating thinking you've done a shop and be denied last minute when you go to edit your cart. Going elsewhere!!!!!

Sandy71

Sandy71Sydney Surrounds, NSW

NO SERVICE

Found item online said it was available at Wetherill Park Big W. Rang store to check was put on hold to find someone from the dept. The call kept going back and was simply put on hold again.Finally someone picked up the phone and simply hung up. Phone back immediately and no one answered the main phone. Well no wonder they are closing stores they have lost me forever.

Julie

JulieGippsland, VIC

Fantastic Service

Big W have consistently delivered my books faster than any other company I have used. And their prices for books and shipping are amazing. I had one damaged book arrive, a new one arrived as soon as I returned the damaged one, so overall I am very impressed.

Dan Batchelder

Dan Batchelderhobart

Changed for the worst.

You used to be able to exchange items, but when I went in to Big W to exchange an unopened pack of socks I got for father's day, that were the wrong size, I was told I could not because my child didn't keep the receipt. I think this is appalling & won't shop there anymore.

Sharon S.

Sharon S.South East Queensland, QLD

Unhelpful and abrupt checkout staff member

Store LocationSpringfield Orion

Loralie M.

Loralie M.South East Queensland, QLD

Poor service

Today I bought a printer cartridge from the Runaway Bay store. Got it home, and couldn't get the cartridge out of the box it was in. Rang the store, the first time being put through to layby, and then transferred nowhere. The second call I was told that it was a security case and I would have to bring it back into the store. Nothing apparently flagged in the store that I had a security item. Internal problems somewhere in that store.

Store LocationRunaway Bay

Sabi

SabiCanberra 2600, ACT

Staff behave rudely

I buy few things and while I was scanning one staff came to me and said that toy is not for play. Because of her attitude I did not buy that toy which was playing by my baby. This incident happen at BigW at Canberra Center on 20 Sep 2019 Friday and I cried outside. Should I talked to manager about this?

Store LocationCanberra Center

Consuelo L.

Consuelo L.Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Really good shop

I usually buy from BigW , because I can find affordable items for the house , camping and personal stuff. Easy to find everything , and stuff are friendly , and ready to help out .

Store Locationchapel street

KesM

KesM

Bad service and attitude

Store LocationRockdale

Kat

KatWestern Australia

Disappointing Customer Service

The standard of customer service in the Phoenix Store, Spearwood has dropped dramatically in the last 3 years. The staff no longer wear uniform - often in scruffy jeans and joggers whicch makes it hard to find a staff member and when you do find someone, they are often disintrested in assisting. The layby counter is not manned. I pressed the bell for assistance and stood there for almost 10 minutes, walked to the front of the store and was assured someone would come down to assist.. Another 5 minutes later, still no-one turned up. The store was not busy with barely any customers walking around. There often is no bags at the self serve checkout and staff stand around talking even when customers are waiting.

Store LocationPhoenix Park Shopping Centre
Emily

EmilyGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Big w watergardens

I went into the store to get a refund on a pair of shoes and was told that I was not able to change them without a receipt. I explained to the manager( who I had to wait 20 min for) that I had returned another product on the receipt a couple of weeks ago and the worker kept the receipt. The manager was pretty much telling me that I was a liar as they are not meant to keep the receipt. I was so offended and disgusted by his attitude and his lack of sympathy. The manager was speaking to me so rudely and was demanding me To tell him the exact date I returned the previous product. What an outrageous question. Im just so disappointed, I’m a regular customer at this store and now I don’t want to step back in big w again.

Store LocationWatergardens

Trekkie S.

Trekkie S.Mid North Coast, NSW

Thankyou for avella clothing

Last week in your Mackay store, l purchased 4 avella ladies blouses. They are exceptionally well presented and finished. I find them very comfortable to wear and they fit well!!! In my search I walked all over Canelands and Mount Pleasant shopping Centres. Through all the specialists dress shops, only to be very disappointed. I travel a lot so don't want crushable fabric, which is in all the stores why? Who wants to iron????? I not me! Thankyou Big W more no iron no clingy fabrics.

Store LocationCanelands mackay

Paul S.

Paul S.South East Queensland, QLD

Online shopping experience needs reworking.

Click and Collect is usually very fast, with same day (after 4 pm) and next day pick up depending on what time the order is placed. However, Big W have chosen to go with either Click and Collect or Home delivery as the only two choices you get. Often this means if an item is out of stock in store or online, then you have to drop it from your basket in order to be able to complete the order. To me this is woefully inadequate, given that other retailers, like Best'n'Less and Target will fulfill orders by sourcing stock from their network of stores. Big W should really look into making their online shopping experience a seemless fullfilment experience for the customer.

James D

James DMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Exactly what I wanted!

After much internet searching, I found an attractive, yet inexpensive 24cm Decor planter pot and saucer that suited my needs precisely. Website has good pictures, product descriptions and prompt delivery.

MissMarie

MissMarieSouth West, WA

BigW Bunbury is AMAZING

I absolutely love visiting Bunbury BigW. the staff are all so friendly! Especially the girls in the party section. There is a good range and the value for money is good. While it isn't as cheap as Kmart, the quality of the staff and warm atmosphere (similar to Bunnings) is fantastic!

Store LocationBunbury