Big W

Arianna Ariti

Arianna AritiSydney, NSW

Honestly... what other store’s still sell calendars from the year before? Like...seriously?

2019 calendar still being on sale on 2020. This product was bought at carnes hill shopping center and they also have no calendars that are useful for students how need dates.

Store LocationCarnes hill

Judy

JudySydney, NSW

Won't ever buy my lace from there again

Wanted some lace ,I asked the guy couldn't be bothered to answer me so I rang to ask them why don't they get more in they still couldn't tell when It was coming in ,no wonder they are closing the stores down ,they can't be bothered ,found it cheaper on line else where

Missviv

MissvivGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

No support

There is absolutely no elastic support. Even before my first wear the elastic had come undone. I had to keep pulling them up. Will definitely not be buying this product again.

Ana

Ana

They sell faulty product

I bought a 32 GB SD card from big w, I inserted it in my security camera and few days later tried to check if it is be saved to my SD card, and on my computer it shows the SD card is not readable, tried few times with different adapters still didn’t work, I went back to the store where I purchased it, they said the package is opened so they can’t give me a refund or exchange, but seriously, how would I know if it is not working until I open the package and tried it?

Store LocationSouthland shopping centre

website advertising not in stock

went on the website prior to going to the store to guarantee i would find what i’m looking for. there were 4 options. they had only one of those four in stock, men’s medium. i was looking for a women’s size small. took three workers to help me find the shirt and non of them could explain to me why the shirts were advertised on the website when they were old stock that they no longer had.

Store Locationlivingston shopping centre

Kath

KathSydney, NSW

Trying To Purchase Dyson Handstick

So, Merrylands BIG W whilst trying to purchase Dyson Handstick which is in current sales catalogue, we are told its available at lay-by counter. When we approached Lay-by counter we were told they don't have any, and are only available on Thursdays or Fridays, but we can neither put our name down for one, or order one and pay for it now. When we asked if we could reserve or pay for one, the girl scrunched up her nose, shook her head and said "No". So not sure how to obtain their goods that are put out the back for safe keeping, if the staff don't assist with sales or helpful information.

Store LocationMerrylands - we were NOT able to purchase anything

Sarah

SarahSydney, NSW

Most preferred major retail store

The prices are always so cheap, and they always have lots of stock. I have never been able to not buy a product I went in store to buy. The staff are always very welcoming and friendly. The store is usually pretty tidy, but sometimes is a bit too disarrayed. When collecting click and collect, they are very fast and the process is very simple. I really like the fact that Big W offers Afterpay.

Store LocationLiverpool Westfields

Fulfillment issues need sorting out!!

Spent time online placing a large order, carefully selecting which items were listed as AVAILABLE from the store I wanted to collect from. Order went through and the very next day my order was cancelled as NO items were available. Very frustrating customer experience. And a generic email stating the order was cancelled and funds will be returned within 5 working days. Sort your fulfillment issues Big W, to stop pissing off customers!

Penny S.

Penny S.

Very Poor, Zero Star Rating

Fad

FadPerth, WA

SUPER FRIENDLY AND HELPFUL

always a pleasure to visit the BIG W Kwinana store, the staff that work there are super friendly and always keen to help out when we can't find anything, i reccomend this as the best big w to visit!!

Store LocationKwinana

Happy mum

Happy mum

ok but could be better

Usually a long wait at the layby counter either in person or by phone but great service once i get through. I once was short changed but the shift manager made it right and gave me an additional ten dollars off an existing layby to compensate. Overall very happy with the staff but there probably should be more of them or more being trained on layby.

Store LocationNewcastle West

Monday

MondayPerth, WA

Good Once ...not anymore.

Store LocationKarrinyup

Honest Reviews

Honest ReviewsMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

Love BigW

BigW online and retail store is amazing.
Always love shopping.
Customer service is excellent and products for pick up or delivery always on time.
Been a long term customer of Bigw.

Lorraine

LorraineTasmania

Fast Postage

I found their service to be extremely fast. I live in Tassie ordered on a Wednesday and it arrived on Friday , the same week and it came from Melbourne. I can't even get an order that fast from here is Tas from another big store. Their postage cost is very reasonable, half the price of the other big store I order from. Will definitely order from again.

Breeana

Breeana

Fast shipping

Fast shipping,always receive confirmation email for shipping a day after ordering,always comes in a fast time and packaged greatly,never had a problem with them befor,will continue ordering and shipping from
Big w

hebsh

hebshSydney, NSW

Menai BIGW

@ around 2.35 today on 3rd of February, try to contact bigW menai ask for book title Called targeting Homework, waiting on the phone and transferred 2- 3 times, and last time asked if I want to hold, I said no more wait, I need you to fix my problem, unprofessional way talking to the customer, with no even apologize as get the client waiting something normal.
you guys deserve to be sold.
not happy, not buying from BIGW again!! very simple....

Store LocationBIGW Menai

Steve L.

Steve L.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Bad Customer Service

Store LocationBig W Marion SA

Mark P

Mark PHornsby

Poor service - will not allow exchange of unused shirt for better fitting size

My daughter brought a size M T-shirt for Xmas, its fit is too tight - Big W will not exchange for a size L, unless a itemised original receipt is produced which has been misplaced, they can't match a credit card slip transaction to it either unlike their competitors - I'm thinking of taking my business elsewhere & recommend others to do so as well via social media !

Store LocationMacqaurie

Ali

AliGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Good service, Delivery on-time

I had bought online so the offers were good, website was easy to use and navigate. AfterPay option was available. Good product range and variety. Promotional materials available. On-time delivery

Lisa RSouth East Queensland, QLD

Pathetic!

I will never purchase an item from a Big W store again, online or physical. Ordered my item and then waited several days for it to be dispatched, to then receive an email saying they cannot provide the item, becasue it was unavailable when I purchased it, and they have cancelled my order. If it was unavailable when I purchased it, why was it showing as in stock on the site, and why did the online store let the purchase go through? Seriously, was your online store designed by a moron?

Absolutely pathetic business model, would give them minus stars if the option was available. Steer well clear of these cowboys.

Lisa R

Funnily enough, 2 days later Big W has stock of the same item I wanted to purchase available at the full price instead of the sale price it was listed at when I made my purchase - I think I smell a rat! I have contacted the ACCC as well.

garry

garryasked

I purchased item number 751185 on 5th Jan 20 went to pick item up not there however the item was charged to my paypal acoount via invoice number AUBW281412759 transaction number 97L21392CR909692B It seems the big w store knows nothing of it and I am out of pocket for $84.15 Please explain how this could happen?
[email removed]

Fired Up

But as you know this is a Review site

jacqueline

jacquelineasked

I really want to buy a tv from big w online (pick up instore), but what is the warranty if the telly mucks up? am i able to take it back to big w and they’ll exchange/refund or?

josh
josh

The warranty period depends on the brand of the TV some are 12 months some are 3 yrs. if it mucks up Big w will not exchange or refund. Thats what the warranty is for you will need to send it to the manufacturer for repair.

Fired Up

Suggest you check the ACCC for the correct answer

Campbell

Campbellasked

I put a childs cart on layby in july and finished paying it off last week. After i paid they said it wasnt in stock but would let us know. Today we received a call saying they wont have it for christmas and did we want a refund or did we want to wait. Erm its for christmas?

Surely someone is responsible and we shouldve been told before 14 days to christmas?

Why cant they find one from anywhere instead of ruining a little girls christmas?

ben dover
ben dover

Have you asked Big W? contact them via their web site or phone head office

Jehosaphat
Jehosaphat

After my own experience. I will never buy online with BIGW again. Ever!
There online delivery dept at (Highpoint West Melbourne) is managed by a buffoon. And the poor under trained staff have no idea how to package items properly. So many issues they will have to deal with, could be avoided if they had a manager with experience. Instead they probably have a manager with a useless Government University degree that means nothing. As you just cannot beat experience. And They don't teach experience in University! So the poor staff will continue to mess everything up until they have a good senior leader, which they are OBVIOUSLY MISSING.
ALSO: They don't insure high value items in the post. They don't use registered post. They will leave high value items at your door for anyone to steal.
They do not seal up packages properly so the packages can be opened and sealed again without any sign of damage. Complete amateurs.

So until BIGW delivery dept at highpoint west Melbourne get rid of the manager and make improvements. I will not be buying anything from them again.

Fired Up

I dont think the public will be able to address your specific issue.

Get an answer from our members and Big W representatives