Big W

1,068 reviews

Amanda C

Amanda CIllawarra, NSW

So easy to use

I love shopping online at big w, everything is always in stock and the range of items is really generous, big w has great quality items at affordable prices, I love big w!!

S R.

S R.Sydney, NSW

Online orders not fulfilled

Twice now I have placed an online order only to have multiple items refunded, sometimes minutes after placing the order and having the money taken from my credit card. Its misleading conduct to suggest to consumers those products are available when clearly there is no stock. I would not have gone ahead with either order if it could not have been filled in total. Big W should fix its systems and processes, like other retailers, and only sell stock which it has available. To do anything else is deceptive.

Angie b

Angie bSouth East Queensland, QLD

After having a long, big drama with an online order with Big W, which, long story short, was eventually sent to the wrong address, same street and number but different suburb, I was fortunate enough to deal with a gentleman named Orion. Orion resolved all of my queries and was beyond helpful, efficient and polite. I want to give a big shout out to him to say thank you. As for Big W...... never again!

Steve

Steve

Bye bye Big W

They will not deliver Peter Rabbit to my PO Box here in Melbourne.

Useless company. That's what post office boxes are for. Get it !!!!!!!!

No wonder these companies are going down the drain. Shocking on line service.

I even called their on line department and still no help. God help BIG W. They have lost a sale.

Alison McEachranSydney, NSW

Awsome

Store well thought out easy to find products happy staff only thing was service ladies although polite very slow but managed to get through with everything I needed. Big w is always cheap and best quality couldn't be more happy

Store LocationMacArthur Square
Nelson Y.

Nelson Y.Sydney, NSW

Not happy with my first BigW online purchase

I made an online order with 11 items worth around $70. All items were shown available when I order them. However, when I received my order, only 3 items arrived and cost me $21.

I'm not happy because the items I wanted most are missing. With other online shop, when the item became unavailable, they usually will call you and ask you do you like to cancel the order or delivery the available items. However, BigW just made the decision for me and it makes things much more expensive after taking the $7.9 delivery cost into account.

I will say BigW online store is not up to standard.

Sue

SueGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Still waiting for online order placed 4 weeks

Placed an online order on 12 April - 4 weeks later still not received. Numerous emails to Big W and also lodging missing item request with Australia Post. I understand with COVID-19, but 4 weeks is not good. In the meantime I have had 4 orders from Kmart which came all within 3-4 days of ordering. Also received an item from NZ in less than a week. Won't be ordering again from Big W.

Update - I called them today (11 May) and they said the order was only sent out on 5 May and that I should receive it in a couple of days!

Me QLD

Me QLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Good service

Returns service is flawless. I bought an item from BIG W that stopped working within a few weeks. Customer service were really good with sorting out a resolution.This is not the first time they have sorted out my returns. Gives me peace of mind knowing that when I buy products from there they do have a good post sales support which I cannot say for other stores I have experienced.
Only con would be the aircon is sometimes way to warm and I feel uncomfortable but that maybe just me lol.

Store LocationQueensland
Michael D.

Michael D.Perth, WA

Love shopping here

Big W has a great range of products, especially clothing, footwear and electronics. The prices are always great & I generally receive very good customer service too. I recommend them highly.

Store LocationWhitford City, Perth

Find out how Big W compares to other Shops

Terrible customer service and no social distancing followed

I got some electrical items and at the check out needed some help regarding an adapter they wanted me to pay for the other items and for me to go again and find the right item I came and paid and after walking out few metres from store I was stopped as for some unknown error the beeper went off after the cash registers exit
The there was no social distancing policy as they checked my big w Bag
I returned all item including the adapter for their attitude and terrible customer service

Pollyanna

PollyannaSouthern and Hills, SA

Very good products but trying to find the articles required on line was not easy

After trying to find the articles I required that were in the catalogue I put my order in and was pleased with the articles and the promptness of the delivery. The biggest problem was to find the article that was in the catalogue so I could purchase what was advertised

Party section

We were just trying to get a balloon and get it filled. We had to wait for a very long time three staff asked us if we are being served, then said someone was coming and continued doing their own thing. A person finally came. Turns out they didn’t even have helium! Poor service.

Store LocationGawler SA
Oddie

Oddie

Staff actually care and go out of their way to assist. Thank you.

Purchased an item that was from confusion, I was allowed to get the right product which Emma from Laybuy and her manager fixed my underlying issue.
I also had to chase up a receipt I lost to be able to get my bonus from Breville. Staff were friendly and made me laugh as we chatted.
I have not slept more than 2 hrs a night for around 7 days now so Big W's empathy towards anything I have raised concerns abt have always netted positive results.
The staff at Karingal really do go above and beyond what many other retailers do not.

Once again, thank you for helping me with my health issues.

Store LocationKaringal
Nikki315

Nikki315

EKO T.V

Purchased t.v online as it was last one in my area online service was great did click and collect as delivery was to pricey, T V was a bargain, easy to use great picture quality and sound quality,

Angie33

Angie33Hobart, TAS

Friendly staff

Visited the Big W ROSNY Tasmania store today & found the staff very friendly & helpful given the current Covid-19 crises. The store was clean & tidy & plenty of stock on the shelf.

Store LocationRosny Tasmania

The Johnson's

The Johnson'sPerth, WA

Poorly trained staff

On two separate occasions have struggled with staff thinking they are the police over corona virus concerns.
We are all aware of the seriousness but to be berated in public a few weeks ago and treated like garbage today unsure how to work out entering and leaving , I will never spend my money here again.
Sadly only the multiple stealing groups will keep the shop going.

Store LocationKwinana
Kerrie Young

Kerrie YoungSouth East Queensland, QLD

Poorly made. Does not do what it is supposed to. Do NOT buy!

I purchased cat 4 litter trays, two with covers and two with " guards".
These are VERY disappointing because when the cats use them the urine splashes against the side and dribbles outside, onto the floor.
Complete waste of money!

Hiedi here.

Hiedi here.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Had exactly what I wanted

After shopping at other department stores and not finding what I wanted I headed to Big W.
I found the quilt, quilt cover, pillows, sheet set and cushions that I pictured and have had the best sleep.

Store LocationNoarlunga Centre South Australia
Becca

BeccaBrisbane

Baby Items

Just had my very first grandbaby and am a very proud Nanna! I ordered some baby clothes from Big W and they were delivered super quick and my little man looks so cute!

Ordered too Much!!

Cannot understand why I was asked to limit my order when ordering children's clothing I had over 18 items in my cart, proceeded anyway, only to find the next day that items that I had ordered for a 3yr old were taken off the total order, just wanted basics for a 11month old and a 3yr old sales are sales after all.