Big W Photos

Big W Photos

Photo books - New version disappointing.

Among the various frustrations of using the new version of Big W photo books is the lack of numeric placement of items on the page. The previous version offered a set of numbers for the placement of text and images: eg. left - 260, top - 85. This was useful for being consistent with page numbers and images. In the new version items are placed by eye. I find this to be a sloppy solution.

Store LocationOn line
Brian
Brian
Raeleen W.

Raeleen W.Darwin, NT

New Version of Online Photos is Terrible

Not user friendly. Missing embellishments and borders/frames. Always used Big W Photos for photobooks and calendars. Hadn’t noticed the missing items until I had uploaded all my pics into book

ROCKET

ROCKETCentral Highlands and Goldfields, VIC

NEW SETUP IS TERRIBLE!!

New updated software is absolutely terrible. Not user friendly at all. Not flexible when using personal dates. Less backgrounds. No embelishments or boarders. Found all this out after uploading alot of photos. I have been a long time maker of calendars for the family for over 10 years. Will start looking elsewhere. This is not a software improvement but a software catastrophy Big W. Looked for other sites where I can pick up in store but they are all owned by Fuji Film with same database. Very, very disappointing.

Store LocationBendigo

S P

S PQueensland

Disappointed in my photo tile and key ring -too dark

The photo tiles and key rings are too dark and not sharp - poor quality. The price and ease of ordering online was good but the result was so disappointing. Emailed customer service and their response was “bare in mind that when viewing images on a computer / phone screen they will always appear lighter/ brighter as the screen is back lit”. This is a copout
excuse especially as you are ordering the items online, how else are you to view/review the items if not on a computer/phone screen? Won’t be using again.

Deborah L.

Deborah L.North Queensland, QLD

Don't look anywhere else

I have used Big W for my canvases, metal and glass pictures for many years now, as well as photo books. I have found them to have great specials which makes it affordable. I have over the years, used a couple of other businesses but have found there is always hidden costs that they are not upfront about. You know where you stand with Big W prices. The quality is excellent!! I don't even bother looking at other places now. The fact that you can pick it up from the store and not worry about postage is a big bonus.....

Helen

Helen Greater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Good quality, low price

The quality of the photo mugs was very good for the low price and they were delivered quite quickly considering it was the week before Christmas. We will use this service again.

MallyGee

MallyGeeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Long time user now going elsewhere

I've created over 75 photobooks over the years and have previously given a rave review but I'm now one very disappointed ex-customer who has found a new alternative provider. Please bring back the features of the old website and the previous 'ease-of-use'.

Murray H.South East Queensland, QLD

One happy birder

As a bird photographer I love sharpness in my images. I was not sure how well they would fare on canvas prints 18" X 12". When they arrived I was overjoyed at how sharp they were ... and selected four more of my shots to make it an even 10, and fitting perfectly on a wall at home. The colours are all true to the images, so I am more than happy. And they arrived three days after ordering!

Dave

DaveMetropolitan Adelaide, SA

the makings of a family heirloom for the next generation

the chance to be creative with your family tree for future generations to view. From your daughters birth to her first child, her first child could have a commemorative cup showing the first scan to her 21st. other companies could learn a lot about customer relations from this site. 1st class.

Jane

JaneSydney

Great quality and great price

Easy to use online site and quality is fantastic. Price is so reasonable. I’ve used Big W photos 3 times now and would go back again. Staff are lovely too.

Photobooks

Have done many photobook s calendars and other things with Big W....I am waiting for the site improvement as stated...can you advise when this will be please.
I want to continue to support Big W but at present without borders...embellishments..
And many other previous features...and paying the same price...the decision to stay loyal is becoming more difficult...look forward to the added changes...many thanks

PFG211

PFG211Perth, WA

Photo Calendar

Product was produced quickly to a high standard and easy to collect in-store. The software is a little bit clunky to use but still intuitive. Would happily use it again.

not worth the effort

After making photo books and calendars for 10 years and being extremely happy with the results and service I am extremely disappointed with the new site and feel that I will have to look elsewhere .
The new site, despite being told that it would be improved once it was up & running, is very poor -no borders, limited backgrounds, text is difficult to get the correct size and inability to crop photos. Please develop and fine tune this site asap or I'm quite certain that you will lose this customer and many more. The new site JUST DOES NOT WORK!

Disappointing

Have produced many 100 page books on the old site which was fabulous. The new site lacks borders, embellishments, a variety of backgrounds & most of all fine tuning of photo sizes, etc. This all has to be guess work. I looked at the new site months ago & I'm back on it today. Nothing has changed. I would have thought that it would have been further developed by now. Why can't some of the features that were on the old site be reproduced in some form? The site just seems impossible to use. Disappointed!

The new Version is useless

I have been using the old version for about 10 years. So much is missing in the new version that I find it useless for what I do. Sorry BigW you lost me.

Mabs

MabsSouth-East, TAS

Love the old version

I absolutely love the Big W photo books.. I've made quiet a lot of them over a good many years. I am hoping the new version is just as good. So far I have had a quick look and can't find the usual features.
Like backgrounds and borders etc.
I have shown quite a few people, the website and recommended the photo books over the years and hopefully will continue once this new version has improved.

marian

marianPerth, WA

New web page disappointing

I have been making calendars and photo books through bigw since 2010 and have been very happy with the experience. Unfortunately the new webpage is disappointing, the lack of embellishments and limited borders and backgrounds is the reason I have now switched to a competitor.
Hopefully I can return once this had been addressed.

Store LocationWhitfords
Danielle M

Danielle MNorth Western Region, NSW

Yearly Christmas Calendar

I have been making calendars every year for the past 8 years - they are wonderful quality and are great Christmas presents for the family every year. My family look forward to this present every year and hang them up with pride. We keep them every year and so they are a wonderful photographic record of my children growing up.

Fabulous products

All items were engraved perfectly and in such a great time, even prior to Christmas. My friends loved their presents.

New photo book website

I’ve used Big W photo books since 2015. Always very happy with end result. Just started my new 2021 book on new website. Very disappointing! NO borders or embellishments and very limited backgrounds. Regrettably I’ll need to find another website to make my books from now on. Very disappointing Big W!

Store LocationMarion SA

Susan Wasked

I have prepared a poster which I would like to order, but when I try to add it to the cart, this message comes up :

"Page has empty image holder(s).
Do you want to continue without addition image(s) to the holder(s)? Any empty holder(s) will be deleted."

Can you please tell me if this means the picture won't be printed on the poster as shown? I'm sorry, I don't understand the jargon or what image holders are.

Oddly, I have been making these posters annually for seven years and never seen a message like this before when I'm ready to order.

Incidently, I see that the software has been 'upgraded' but I don't find it nearly as user friendly as it used to be. A shame.

Murray H.

Sounds like your images are not loaded from your computer to the image holder. Suggest you keep trying to load them. If not you can go to a BigW - if there is one near you - and they will assist you on their computers. Take a USB with images on it. I agree about the changing of technology going backwards. I loved Windows 7 and absolutely hate Windows 10 .

Susan W

Thanks Murray for responding. I've loaded and loaded and loaded the pic and three copies are sitting there for me to select from. The strange thing is that I can see the poster with the picture on it and where the edges are etc., exactly like I've done so many times before and even when I reopen the project, the picture is there, sized and ready to go ... wish I could attach a pic here. It just comes up with that message, and I don't want to order in case it comes back blank.

Toni B.

Toni B.asked

How do I edit photos once I have up loaded them?

Murray H.

Don't think you can. I tried. This means you have to edit before getting into the web site. That editing must take into account the size of the frame you propose to use. So, if in doubt place your images into the website and try them in the frame size you want. If its too big, or small, either order a bigger or smaller frame, or go back to your original images and increase, or decrease, the size to suit the chosen frame size. You can do this without ordering the purchase. Just back out of it. Hope this helps. Cheers Murray

Reviewer R.
Reviewer R.

Contact their help desk to be sure

Karenasked

I am currently doing a photobook and when I attempt to move a photo, it often comes up with the message "Photos failed to load. Please try again." Why will some transfer across and others not?

Hi,
You load your images and they come up on the left hand side of the page. You copy and drag from the left, not from below. Hope this helps.

Karen

Thanks for your reply. I can do this with most photos, but some (that appear to have an icon like an open book on top LH corner) won't load.