3.9

28 reviews · Statistics

71% · 207 · 25%

Rates and Fees
See the Best Energy Providers in 2024 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Steve
SteveNSWSydney, NSW3 posts

A very simple way to save a lot of money

Bill Hero makes comparison of gas and electricity prices very simple so that you can choose the most cost-effective plan. To date my savings are $6674 over about a 3 1/2 year period. Like most people, I was both too busy to take the time to try and compare the myriad of confusing gas and electricity plans. I realise now that this has cost me a lot of money. I now am on month by month and electric plans and would not hesitate to change if the annual savings are greater than $180. Show details

Pat T.
Pat T.2 posts

wish I didn't have to waste time changing deals, but it saves me money - so why not ... ?

Gas used to be the one utility bill that you didn't have to worry about - until last winter when the bill was $100 PER WEEK!!! And that was using a spectacular offer thru Bill Hero.
We are getting Gas and Electricity pretty much from the 'same cow' so why pay 1 cent more to these leech companies who really are just a billing service. Show details ·  1
Nikki
Nikki

Great savings with ease

Found it so easy to read comparisons given. Savings so far approx $1600 between both gas and electricity. So simple process, just purely forward email with bill and fast response within 24 hours!! Highly recommend! Show details ·  1
Grant T.
Grant T.4 posts

Getting the best energy prices!

Using Bill Hero makes managing my energy cost easy. I was recently caught out by my energy retailer switching to the "Default Offer", which meant I would have been worse off by $150 per year on my gas bill alone. I was alerted by Bill Hero and was able to switch to a better plan with just one email. I definitely recommend Bill Hero! Show details ·  1
Pierre Noir
Pierre NoirMelbourne12 posts

Great Service - the best medicine for keeping the energy companies honest!

There is nothing I like better than sticking it up the energy companies here in AU ... and Bill Hero is our superhero. BH keeps them honest because it uses our real data on consumption - not theirs. I have absolutely no problem kissing goodbye to any utility if another has a better deal. Thats where Bill Hero slaps them in the face. Savings to our electricity and gas bills close to $5K over 2 years. Fast set-up. We change vendors often based on Bill Hero's rate saving advice. Love it! Show details ·  1

Aibot
Aibot

bill hero

in a country, where reading bill charges, has become a labyrinth to confuse customers into paying more than they should, Bill Hero is a good and valuable tool, for achieving this. The threshold can be changed, if you don't believe the savings justify switching and Bill Hero saves me time from analyzing my electricity bill. They do the work for me and find the cheapest alternative, based on that last bill. I highly recommend Bill Hero, to all Australians, struggling with costs of living crisis in high cost country Australia Show details ·  1
Poor old Pensioner
Poor old PensionerWest Wodonga Victoria 36907 posts

Fantastic Service

Bill Hero has saved me more than $1490 over 24 bills so far. Best subscription choice I have made. No need for me to try and understand all the gibberish on my bill. Bill Hero does it all! Show details ·  1
Simon McLean
Simon McLean2 posts

Bill hero works

No gimmick, Bill Hero work, got my first bill since comparing, has gone from approx $350. To $18.70, thanks, big help at the moment!! Show details ·  2
Achim
Achim2 posts

Don't be fooled - it's not as easy as they make it sound

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a one-click switch. So this is still a manual process that requires researching the correct plan on the provider's homepage. Sounds straightforward but it isn't. I found that key information didn't match between the plan overview that Bill Hero provided and the respective description by the provider. This means I don't know whether the bill estimate is even accurate. Repeated requests for clarification have unfortunately been completely ignored by Bill Hero. So after some 18 months, my savings are zero. Show details
Bill Hero   DM

Jackie McKimmie
Jackie McKimmieQLDSouth East Queensland, QLD

Bill Hero helps save $$$ and the planet!

Thanks to Bill Hero I have saved nearly $250 in less than a year, by changing to a cheaper plan from my gas provider, and by changing to an electricity provider who also has a better green rating. Bill Hero takes the stress out of wondering if I've got the best and greenest deal. Definitely worth the price of the subscription. Show details ·  1
Luke O.
Luke O.NSWSydney, NSW

Bill Hero over delivers

Bill hero promised me I would get my $90 subscription fee back in the first year of my membership it is 9 months in and I am $600 to the good. They are meticulous, methodical and extremely efficient their comparison reports are outstanding. Overall they are brilliant. Show details ·  1
Peter
PeterMelbourne13 posts

Very simple approach that works beautifully

Bill Hero keeps finding better deals that save above my $50 'can't be bothered limit'.
In under 1 year almost $2,000 savings. And I thought that I was on a good deal before Bill Hero. Show details ·  1
MIGR
MIGR2 posts

This is the only way you can save money on utilities

Unless you have a combined degrees in all of the following: mathematics, statistical analysis, computer programming and legal documentation, this is the only way to compare and save big dollars (I saved over 1k this year). Be prepared to switch as often as they suggest. You will be surprised how easy the process for switching is. You don't even have to tell your old provider you are moving, the new provider organises everything. I have moved 2-3 times for gas and electricity and it has been seamless. I also realise how much you get ripped off by staying with the same retailer for years and years. Show details ·  1
DANielle