Bing Lee

See the Best Appliance Retailers in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Swann doorbell and chime

I shop on line a lot and Bing Lee is one of my favorite online store , it's easy to find what your looking for and compare prices as they with match it, delivery is either free or as little as $6, I bought the swan doorbell and chime at a great price came in a matter of days safely.

Product PurchasedSwan doorbell

Selling second-hand goods which are disguised as brand new?

My wife purchased a Sunbeam coffee machine from Bing Lee's online eBay store with pick up from Marsden Park.

I opened it after fathers day and noticed the tape on the box looked like it had been opened previously but thought nothing of it. I continued to open and set up the machine. I noticed some brown residue on the housing around the grinder which started to arouse my suspicions. The instructions recommended flushing the machine with tap water which i did. I noticed in the flushed water small brown pieces which resembled ground coffee. This further caused me to suspect this was a used machine.

I proceeded to attempt to make the first cup of coffee but the machine jammed 2-3 times. At this point, mixed with my suspicion of it being a second hand or returned product, i decided to return it to Bing Lee. They tried to palm it off to Sunbeam and told me it is normal for the machine to be tested before sale but i said its hard to believe they would make a coffee as part of their QA process.

Without saying a word, they proceeded to pull all the parts out of the box and tried to make a cup of coffee. After 15 minutes of them fumbling around and using a vacuum to suck out beans stuck in the grinder they proceeded to tell me the machine worked like normal. I found this strange as i have never had a company try and challenge me by setting up a faulty product to try and prove me wrong.

Anyway, we went back and forth where they continually refused my request for a refund. After 10 or so minutes, they called the Sunbeam rep who told them to offer me a refund or replacement. I don't know what the point of Bing Lee is if they are completely governed by the manufacturer and cant make their own decisions?

At this point, they did actually offer me the recommended refund or replacement. I stupidly took the replacement as i genuinely wanted a coffee machine!! They said come back in 2 days when they received additional stock. Upon my return, they showed me 2 boxes of 'new' machines i could pick from. They directed me to again what appeared to be tampered stick tape holding the box together but said this was completely normal. I again stupidly accepted this and selected a 'new' machine.

I took the 'new' machine home, opened the box and straight away saw the grinder was completely caked with either rust or ground coffee bean residue. I put it all back together in the box and drove it straight back to Bing Lee where again, i got the standard spiel that it was part of the testing process. I again watched their sales staff fumble over each other to come up with a reason not to refund. I asked they ring the rep from Sunbeam and that i could talk with them to explain that i believe Bing Lee are selling second hand merchandise. At this point they gave me the number for Sunbeam customer care. They then rang the manager and asked i speak to him on the phone where he abruptly told me i would not be getting a refund and said that i had used the machine. I argued with him and he got quiet aggressive through the phone at which point i put he phone down as i had no interest in discussing the matter with him further. While this was happening, another one of the Bing Lee staff called the Sunbeam rep who 'approved' the refund.

A couple of things i learnt from this -

Bing Lee don't value their customers and treat them like criminals. I have had problems with electrical goods before when purchased from say Harvey Norman or JB Hifi and i have never experienced such interrogation.

They don't honor Australian Consumer Law and hide behind the manufacturer. I told them numerous times, my business was with Bing Lee, not Sunbeam so i have no interest in talking to Sunbeam about it.

If packaging looks tampered with, particularly when purchasing from Bing Lee (no matter how good the sale is) DON'T BUY OR ACCEPT IT!!

Stand your ground and don't accept their bully tactics. They will try and gang up on you and you will find you have 3-4 people buzzing around you all wanting to put their 2 cents in.

Store LocationBing Lee Marsden Park
Product PurchasedCoffee Machine

I was ripped off.

I bought a fridge from bing lee and I was charged $60 delivery when I was told it was free .They said only when I paid for it and when they delivered it two shelves were missing and refused to replace them.

Store LocationHurstville
Product PurchasedFridge

Very pleased with the online service

Very good online experience our items arrived very quickly the online live chat was very useful there online account system needs an upgrade but did not effect the delivery definitely will be back

Warranty Claim MadeNo

Service beyond asking for it

I have spent weeks doing extensive research on outfitting a new kitchen with all its appliances.
1) Bing Lee at Warrilla - a guy called Joe, was the most helpful salesperson from all the other competitor stores. Friendly, good advice, not pushy, and gave me confidence in what to buy ++.
2) I used the WEB chat site and got a guy called Fredo. Not only was he very helpful BUT RANG me to discuss my issue / queries further and it is 4.45 pm on a Sunday afternoon!!! He was also sooooo informative, knowledgeable, patient with me, and not pushy.
3) I have done a spread sheet on my list of 6 big kitchen appliance and their costing with their after sales product care costs. If that store had any for that appliance and some didn’t. Not Bing Lee, a 4 year warranty on every appliance I wanted and cheaper than any of the other competitor. My spread sheet clearly put Bing Lee at the front with appliance price and after sales product care for 4-year plans by over $1,000 (on $12000 worth of appliances on my wish list).
Therefore, after being a big, cautious, and very savvy shopper, for many many years, I know who I will be going with when the time comes to shop and that will be Bing Lee.

Delivery

Hopeless 2 weeks later my washing machine is in the garage of my sisters house.
They claimed after googling.my location their truck could not access the property.
Removalists trucks and other delivery trucks seem to be ok.
I am.left with no washing machine , trying to get someone to get it to me and connect it, and also the old one is still here.
As a 55 yr single Woman I object to the suggestion I go and meet them at the end of the road and collect the machine.There was only 1 guy delivering so WHS is not of concern to BL.
Digusting service and treatment of Customers...never again.

Warranty Claim MadeNo

You have lost a long time customer. We will NEVER shop at Bing Lee again.

If Bing Lee is being influenced by pester power bullies, I am not buying any more products from your store. How can I trust your “customer service” again. We are very long time customers of Bing Lee but you have lost our support.

Lies and extra charges!

I had to return a crock pot because when I received it the quality was disappointing mainly because it was Teflon coated which seemed like a bad idea for a slow cooker as the chemicals would leach in when the Teflon inevitably fails within 6 months. I should have checked this before i bought it so when it arrived i called them to see if i could change my mind.
They told me I would get a full refund, less postage, if it had not been used and was still in original packaging. I spent $31 sending it back and when they received it they told me I would be charged $20 for the processing fee! This was not mentioned when I asked about returning it. I spent $41 on postage in total and then the $20 means I lost $61... I wish they had told me and I would have just sold it on Gumtree instead!

Product PurchasedCrock pot

Need my Toaster.

Was assisted by friendly staff soon as both my wife and myself entered the store which was great we let the assistant know that we knew exactly what we wanted and i was assured if i needed assistance that i just needed to call out. After purchasing our Sony TV 2 weeks prior we received a gift card to use in store we both really enjoyed the experience and we purchased good quality products was after a 1 Liter Kettle and 2 slice toaster, thanks again to the team at Wodonga Bing lee.

Product PurchasedTv Kettle toaster

Great service and quick delivery!

Easy to navigate their website, pricing was very competitive and the service was fantastic. I received my order in a couple of days and was kept notified at every step.

Product PurchasedSony UBP-X700

Unsatisfactory delivery and Ridiculous customer service

Stated delivery on the website is 1-4 days even in the confirmation email but haven’t heard anything for 6 days.
Had a chat with one of their customer service online and he told me the product was returned back by their delivery agent. What an excuse to make. He asked me to contact their delivery agent as I am responsible for their delivery service.
If you can’t deliver within 1-4 days why do you claim that in your website? I was expecting an apology but the live chat guy threatened me to cancel the product.
How insane. Will never buy anything from bing lee again and will also tell others not to do so.

dodgy and unprofessional!

Bought two products from eBay Bing Lee last month respectively and picked up in different stores. The first one was perfect and smooth. The second one was terrible and would make me avoid Bing Lee:

1. Mis-communication. eBay emailed me the item was available for pick up, but in fact the store did not have the stock. It's alright as the store manager called me about this. Then, I received another email from eBay few hours later for the same. This time I called the store to confirm and found out the item was actually not available.

2. Not a new product as advertised. Five days later, the item was available. I went to pick up and found that it looked a bit odd. It seemed the box was already opened before. I inspected it in front of the store. The product was full of fingermarks, and the labels and tags were missing. More importantly, there was a mark (scratch) that might affect the performance. I didn't think it's a new product as advertised. It looked like a demo or returned product.

3. Unprofessional customer service. I told a customer service representative after inspection. The customer service representative escalated it to another colleague. As there was no stock, he gave me a demo. Unfortunately, that demo product got a mark (scratch) too. With no choice, I asked for refund. The staff told his colleague in front of me that I was a troublesome customer in another language (Cantonese). Well, I spent my lunch time driving to your store to pick up an item and find it faulty. I was very disappointed about Bing Lee's customer service.

Bing Lee great value pricing

I needed to replace my microwave, kettle and toaster. I priced all three on Appliances online and came to $769. I thought that they would be the cheapest as they dont have physical stores but would deliver quickly. I went to Moore Park Supa centre and checked out same appliances at Harvey Norman and Bing Lee. HN didnt have my microwave but Bing Lee had all three products. I asked for their best price and they said $587 I said what about $550 and we then agreed to $560. Two minutes later I was loading the appliances into my car and heading home. Cant speak highly enough of Bing Lee - Great Products at very competitive prices. Saved myself $209 or 27% and it wasnt even a special sale, just a normal day !!!!

Store LocationMoore Park

Good Customer Service

Had a heated throw not even halfway through the warranty period act up rather suddenly at the worst time, since it's currently very cold and I've been using it for extra warmth in a very cold room. Pleasant customer service representative listed out some options, and then arranged for a swap at the store closest to me, even though this required transferring stock from another store. I was told I'd receive a call when it was in. Entire process took less than five minutes to arrange from the moment I dialed their number, since I described the malfunction and had my order number ready, so the call was quick and efficient and completely non-stressful.

I've been rather happy with the product apart from this malfunction, and I liked how quick they were to deliver the product in the very beginning as well - I remember being surprised to have it delivered so soon after I'd ordered (though this would also be due to a good choice of mailing company on their part).

So far I've never had a bad experience with Bing Lee at all. This was the first time I've had a product from them act up on me too, so it was good to discover that they have a smooth process for handling these little issues, and friendly customer service representatives.

The Poorest Customer Service and Management at Crossroads Bing Lee

Bought a Dyson portable vaccuum for our son’s well-being who is allergic to dust mites and has asthmatic symptoms, took it home and used it once. Now we know Dyson’s are good but this unit had poor suction and on high power battery would discharge in 6mins. So, called up Bing Lee and tried to speak to manager first to make sure we could do something about it or we were stuck with the item. Wanted to avoid the fuss as we’ve shopped so many times at this particular store, and never had trouble. Anyhow, was put to wait for 30-45mins. Then got told someone will call, and got a call eventually from a salesperson. Gently told him that we feel the dyson portable we bought is not fit for the purpose claimed by the manufacturer. And we are not sure if we have a case where we can return or buy something else in its place. We live 40kms away from this store now (unlike before when we were living 10mins away). So if you can do something about it then good else, we won’t bother come. The guy probably had poor english background, did not get the message, told us to come and they will “take a look”! We drove with our asthmatic son all the way, and when we got there, salesman disinterestingly takes the main unit out, checks if it operates (which obviously it did), puts it back, tells us he cannot do anything! Not even a minute ti try and understand the problem, talk to manager...nothing. And this is after we tried to make sure it was even worth we came down, coz if not then we wouldn’t have bothered. Well, no...he was not interested to listen or talk, instead kept saying “i told you over the phone we do not do refunds!!” That annoyed me, our son started crying, i got annoyed and asked to speak to the manager, and he comes and starts talking to us rudely, telling us to not waste our voice and energy in a rude manner. My wife tried to speak politely, and he kept talking to her rudely...at that point i knew this was a bad store since they did not even value their loyal customers. Not once did anyone even bother to listen to the problem we had with the unit! Bing Lee...Yenda Lee...Lionell Lee...disappointing! Sorry you’ve lost my business and my big family of 87 people for ever! We’ve all lived in or near Crossroads area and now we’ll go anywhere but not to your store.

Store LocationCrossroads Casula
Warranty Claim MadeNo

Delivers in 2-5 days, it is now 7 and the order still has not left the warehouse.

Ordered a computer paid immediately. Had to wait 3 days for any confirmation of order or receipt, had to chase up twice.
5 days later was sent an invoice. And told order was on its way. Turns out two days later the order was still sat in a warehouse. If it does arrive it will beat least 10 days (2-5 days was the promise)

Communication throughout is woeful, regularly have to follow up. Every time I have been told something it's not been delivered.

Really poor experience and will Never deal with Bing Lee again

Bad customer service

Bad service. No basic education for Sheri staff on customer service is. I used to be there customers but with such service I would rather but from anyone else but not bing lee

Disgusting

I’ve never encountered a more disgusting person as I did with John an employee of Bing lee.... I was not given the chance to explain why I was not happy, he called me a disgusting person and hung up on me, when I called back to speak to a manger they put me back through to him. At which point he tried to speak over the top of me. I’m sorry but don’t use google search as an excuse for your businesses extremely bad behaviour... I will make it my mission from this point on to tell everyone I know how disgusting and pathetic your so called company is.

Product PurchasedWashing machine

Great service, delivery slow but quicker than promised.

Got the cheapest price by 20% on the pie maker I wanted. It was damaged in the post and I had a waybill to attach and send it back within hours of contacting them. They even sent the new one to me while the old one was still in the post on the way back.
The packing and posting times were a bit long, but they still did that 2 days quicker than they promised.
It was a good experience for me, if I'm not in a rush I'll definitely consider buying from them again.

Decent product range

The store has a good collection of products. The customer service has been good every time I have visited. They take the effort to explain all the features and are not pushy. The checkout process is quick. Not the most competitive when it comes to prices however for small products it has been very convenient.

Store Locationrhodes