Bingle

See the Best Car Insurance in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

The most frustrating experience in my life

I've been with bingle for 10 years and we've purchased a new car and decided to stick with Bingle, that is the worst decision I've ever made- early this year on the 18/01/209 we got hit by another car, the offender admits their wrong doing and because they didn't have insurance I put it through Bingle, I paid the excess fee on the day and didn't have any issues getting the excess fee refunded within a week and half - at this stage it was all smooth.
The car wen to the repairer on the 20/01/2019 and we have yet to get the car back!!!!
It has now been 7 months and 2 weeks and although the repairer has constantly been in communication with me, they've lied about how long the process would take.

In March I was told another month, then in April was told another month then in May was told 2 weeks and then another 2 weeks then a week then I've stopped asking altogether because it's all a lie, I raised my initial complaint directly with Bingle on the 25/06 and received a call from Bingle on the 27/06 and the Bingle assessor acknowledged my frustration and contacted the repairer and I was then contacted by the repairer to go have a look at the status of the car - I was promised by the repairer that it would take another 2 weeks max - that's now 2 months ago and I'm getting the same response that we're waiting on this part and we can't find the part etc...

I then lodged another complain through Bingle on the 15/08 - and was advised through their email that they will be in contact with me in 5 days - I did not receive a call or an email since then.

There is a lack of accountability from Bingle's end with absolutely no service or attempt to rectify the situation, I will also be lodging a feedback for the repairer, however I don't feel comfortable lodging it until I get my car back - I have been extremely patient through the whole ordeal but this lack of response from Bingle really frustrates me.

I have now lodged a claim through AFCA for compensation and hoping all that have seen this review that you steer away from Bingle, I have told all my colleagues and friends to do the same, it's now an ongoing joke in my work that I'll never get my car back.

I leave the rest to AFCA, as I have run out of options before taking this legal proceedings.

Avoid Bingle, yes they're cheap but save yourself the headache.

Car ModelBMW X3 G01
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Quick resolution and fought for us

We were T-boned by an erratic driver, who denied fault. That night, we filed the claim with Bingle, expecting to eat the excess.
After a couple of day, we were informed that Bingle would be refunding us the excess and would pursue the at fault driver. Our car was repaired within a couple of weeks (we delayed the repair for logistical reasons).

Car ModelVolkswagen Tiguan 5N 132TSI
Claim DateJuly 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

2 years and still waiting...

It's been 2 years since getting rear ended at the traffic lights and I'm still waiting to hear back about when I will get my excess refunded. Provided all the details required and its been radio silence. It might be cheap but it's not good value.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Finally an insurer that delivers on their promise

My experience with Bingle has been a stress free and positive experience. Customer service is of high quality. Value for money and sound insurance coverage terms and conditions are also a plus. If insuring an L driver, Bingle will certainly provide value for money. Sound computer navigation skills are a must when dealing with this insurer and if you prefer a self-service environment, I would recommend Bingle on your consumer choice list.

Claim DateAugust 2019

Painless and Smooth Claim Process

I hit my car on the side wall of my house along my driveway and smashed the left side along with the side mirror. Applied for a claim online....was given a reference number and also options to choose one of their repairers near my house. Gave the car Monday . Was ready Wednesday morning. Was good to deal with an insurer who doesn't give you the third degree in trying to find out what happened and delivers quickly and efficiently

Car ModelNissan X-Trail T32.I ST-L
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateAugust 2019

Double dipping?

I had the policy issued 20/04/2019 with a period of 12 months cover. Last 22/07/2019 I received a renewal letter for the same car with a due date of August 16, 2019. I tried finding a way of contacting them to make a query but to no avail. It was so easy to set up when buying a policy but trying to communicate with simple matters is becoming a nightmare.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Car ModelToyota RAV4 XA40 GX
Claim MadeNo

Worst thing of my life to be with bingle

One of the Worst service I have ever experience in my life. even after spending around 30 minutes with the customer service representative she was unable to help me out to cancel my policy...

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage

Can not contact them. No reply. Don't use this company

They do not auto update services nsw for rego. And there is no way of contacting them. Search for 30min and checking all links that leads to no where. Is cheap for a reason. Will not use this company again.

Insurance TypeCompulsory Third Party
Car ModelToyata
Claim MadeNo

Bingle did not acknowledge a claim made against me!

Even after I had commenced a claim and paid my excess, Bingle did not respond to the third party seeking settlement. they then claimed against me personally. what is the point of insurance if they don;t even respond to claims! And of course, there is no phone number to call to complain.....

I'll use Bingle again

Didn't think I'd be giving an insurance company 5 stars but credit where credit is due. I had an accident that was totally my own fault. Lodged the claim, paid the premium and then crossed my fingers. You can't talk to anyone on the phone until lodge the claim but that's fine. I, thankfully, paid for the hire car option - worth it so I'll definitely pay the extra for that option again. It took two weeks but the hire car was nicer and newer than my old car so I wasn't complaining. At one point I asked how much my the market value was on my car and was given a figure that was noted when I took out the policy. Received the payout today and it was $1100 more than it was initially thought to be worth. Bit hard to find anything to complain about given everything was easy and I got more than I expected. Might not be everyone's experience with them but I'm going to have to buy another car now and I will be using Bingle again to insure it.

Car ModelToyota Corolla
Claim DateJune 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Absolute liars and will not pay your claim

My car was stolen and bingle refused to pay the claim saying it stolen via fraud and that this was not covered. I went through several channels and they still claim theft is not covered. Do not insure your vehicle here, go elsewhere and save your money, trust me it. will be worth it. The official police report states the car was stolen and used in several different thefts during the period before it was recovered.

Car ModelMazda RX-8
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedNo

Making a claim is easy and stress free! excellent company

Searching for cheaper insurance, came across Bingle. Signed up although I read many mixed reviews. At least 20-40% cheaper than larger insurers. Unfortunately had an accident (last vehicle in 3 car pile up), Lodged police report and started claim. Within 2 hours my car was booked for repairs for the following day. Dropped off car on Wednesday morning and collected on the Friday completely repaired to better than new! Ability to track not only the claim online but each step of the repairs was fantastic. Customer service was excellent!

Highly recommend Bingle to save you money and worry if you find yourself needing to claim.

Car ModelSubaru WRX
Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateJune 2019

Call waiting more than 45 minutes, still on waiting

Blood hell, we are not free here to wait 45 minutes and even longer still not connect, looks like doctors, I think they don't have any staff, don't recommend when you really need they putting on hold more than hours wjo knows, we need better customer service, otherwise not worth, if they give free

Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 70 VDJ GXL
Claim MadeNo

If you want to remain on the road don't bingle it!

When taking the insurance I did not select the loan car option believing that if my car needed repairing the time it would be away would be REASONABLE. It was away almost 3 months!! Bingle were not easy to deal with and did nothing to help me, despite the excessive time my car was away. Now 3 months later my car is back. Since getting it back i have had to return it to the smash repairer due to scratches. They fixed some of the scratches but advised i will need to go back to them AGAIN (third time) as they had to order a part. I had such a terrible experience when trying to get some help on the phone from a representative of bingle that I've just given up hope with this company. So yeah, if you want to deal with soulless people this is probably the car insurance for you!! The only thing they did do right was looking at the photos and immediately seeing i was not at fault and refunding me the excess

Car ModelHonda Civic 10th Gen
Claim DateMarch 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Horribly rude and sarcastic behaviour from Bingle/Suncorp assessor

M049241328 - Accident happened on 25-October.
Other party was at fault and Bingle would resolve the issues.
I have sent the claims and to my knowledge, it was in progress and last time the suncorp assessor was very rude and sarcastic.
I asked his manager details to give feedback about his behaviour and his handling of the issues.

I have submitted all the proofs of payments for fixes and repairs but money wasn't credited.
Their complaints team member promised a fix and said they have released the funds but it wasn't sent.

then this assessor came but never was polite or genuine and said "I have lots of work to do, I am not free".
When I asked you've promised to callback 5 times as I followed up with him five times and his response was such.

He said he will send the escalation points in message and email but silently closed the case even without my knowledge.

Wants an investigation.

I want Bingle Australia leve complaints head's contact details to escalate this matter.

I am going to approach ACCC.

The Bingle/Sun Corp assessors' contact details below:
[name removed] - 0427179549.
Last contact date 25-march

I have attached the proofs

For last two months no contact at all.

Car ModelToyota Corolla
Claim DateOctober 2018

Stay away!

6 weeks after starting a claim and still no vehicle back, no call from anyone at bingle. Do not use bingle! They do not care about their customers. And the panel beater they chose is also just as useless

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateApril 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Terrible company . Cheap morals.

One star is more for this insurance company. They trap their customers in their mean terms and condition and try not to pay claim where possible.bunch of frauds. Never send any cancellation emails etc

Claim ApprovedNo

Everything has been reasonable so far

I've just switched to Bingle in December, and currently claiming my damaged car (truck hit a branch which landed on my car!).

Looking at their website, I initially tried to go through the trucking company to get my car fixed, like they recommended. It was so stressful and they wouldn't provide a hire car with my off the road. I bit the bullet and put through a claim online.

Putting in the claim, means I do have to pay an upfront excess ($650) before they will assess my claim. Immediately after I put in my claim, I received an email with a contact phone number which I rang. I swear, after having been through another company, they were so damn nice! My cover included rental car hire, and I've been upgraded from my 2012 Holden Cruze and driving a Nissan Qashqai until the middle of next month (a month of hire car!). My car has roof damage (getting a new roof), bonnet damage (scratches), side mirror wiped out (to be replaced), and having the front grill replaced. I've been contacted today to let me know from the repairer the estimate length of time and cost to the company, and it was a simple phone call back to Bingle to extend my car hire from a week, til the new estimate time.

It probably has helped that the accident wasn't my fault, and a big companies insurance will cover everything. My car with the price of car hire and to get fixed is just about a write off, but they are doing the job and keeping me on the road in the mean time.

I'm not sure when I will get my excess back, but with the claim being sorted today, I would hope it will be soon

Car ModelHolden Cruze JH
Claim ApprovedYes

Don't waste time and money with Bingle and their customer service

I have been with Bingle for 4 years and this is my very first time lodging a claim with them. Bingle has the worst customer service ever from my experience, there’s no contact number at all until you lodge a claim online. They don’t help you to resolve the matter in my best interest. They will only tell you to pay the excess and what ever the result is I can only take it or leave it and not go through with the claim. They will not listen to your issues or want to explain to you if you have any further questions. All they want is you to make a claim with them so that they can raise your insurance next year. After all these years of being with Bingle and have paid about $2,800 of insurance this is what you will get bad customer service and $2,800 down the drain and into Bingle (Suncorp) pockets.

Claim DateMay 2019

You get what you pay for!

I chose Bingle as my insurance company due to the low costs, however you receive what you pay for. I made a claim with Bingle mid February where I had to pay an excess fee of over $700 and had to be the one to call up Bingle to receive an update on the claim as I would not be updated any other way. Each time I called up, the employers were lovely however they proceeded to inform us that our excess fee would be refunded within a week when we provided them with the details of the liable party, however each time we provided them with the details they requested, I would not receive my excess fee and I would not be updated as to why that was so until i have had enough and end up calling for them to keep delaying my refund due to some small issue they should have easily taken care of within the past four months. Absolutely ridiculous and would not recommend bingle to anyone! Unless you like having your money taken and time wasted.

Claim DateJanuary 2019