Car Insurance Buying Guide

Our buying guide will explain which type of car insurance would suit you most, how much you can expect to pay for one, and which features are worth looking out for.

2.0

Des

DesSydney, NSW

Bingle deducting payments from my CANCELLED account

Only just noticed my BINGLE policy was CANCELLED. Payments still coming out so how was i to know. CANT contact anyone, theres no phone number. Contact us just takes you to claims. Who do you call to resolve a Bingle dispute? Please help me gorcaldec

Car ModelCitroen Berlingo

MikeGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Worthless. I would warn you to avoid Bingle and their dodgy claim assessor. Any agreement with them is worthless.

I would warn against any dealings with Bingle. Dodgy claim assessor working with their chosen incompetent repairer - Gemini - to hell with the claiment - what the claiment wants is disregarded. To them the customer is basically just a pest.

Claim DateJune 2020

KarenCentral Queensland, QLD

Warning warning. If bingle insurance was free I still wouldn't use it.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage

Jess1875

Jess1875AU

Can't fault my experience with compressive car insurance

My partner recently crashed my car. He was a named driver on a compressive market value policy. The claims process was easy quick and I was kept in the loop along the way. My car was fixed at a repairer of there choice but it was based on my postcode so not to far away. It was a independent smash repairer and the works were completed within the specifies time frame. Can't tell anything happened and was offered a paid taxi to go and collect the car when fixed

Claim DateJune 2020
Car ModelMazda 3 BN (Hatchback) Neo Sport
Antonio C.

Antonio C.Central, SA

They’re crooks

They are quick with the claims so I can’t fault them for that. But their “market value” crap is rigged. Bought my car for 18500 4 months ago and it would’ve been worth maybe 17000 because I payed for extras. And once the car was written off they told me they were paying me 12300 for it. Then they were taking off 900 for the months I had left on my insurance so in the end I was getting 11400 this is including my 2000 dollar exhaust and 2000 dollar rims. Please do not make the same mistake as me and lose upwards of 11000 by being with this crap company.

Claim DateMay 2020
Yazan D.

Yazan D.Sydney, NSW

Budget Car Insurance that works

I'm with Bingle since 2015 and had one major claim with them in March 2018..
It was unfortunately a write off and they were top notch, helping me throughout and the whole process was a breeze until settlement.
I now have 2 cars insured with them and couldn't be happier..
My extended Family and friends are all insuring with them and they all had minor claims fixed promptly.. no fuss..
Remember that happy customers don't usually write reviews..

Claim DateMarch 2018
Car ModelNissan X-Trail
Anty Curzag

Anty CurzagGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Wont pay at fault rental car needed to transport disabled child

OVER 3 YEARS AGO, their customer rear ended our child's new disability vehicle, and they won't pay the rental car company for the replacement car we needed; and are [all] entitled to as a not-at-fault driver.
How low can they go?!

Claim MadeYes
Claimant is the policy holder No
Car ModelToyota Aurion
SYDNEY

SYDNEYSydney, NSW

Avoid at all costs.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months

Theft

Have had my car stolen and they want all these records treating me like a criminal! Saying they want my bank statements and telephone records!! Why do they need privacy stuff

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedNo
Car ModelMazda 2

Alysha

AlyshaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Easy, convenient and friendly

Had a Kangaroo hit my Mercedes Benz. I submitted the claim online which was very easy, I then called Bingle and they asked me a few extra questions. I had to pay the excess on the spot which was fine. Within 2 days the car was towed away to the smash repairs shop. I then had my car back a week and a half later. I personally found Bingle super friendly and simple to use.

Car ModelMercedes-Benz A-Class
Tom

TomSydney, NSW

It is terrible car insurance, There is a honey trap insurance company..

steve5572

steve5572Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Terrible if you have to make a claim

After making a claim through Bingle there is no way I would recommend Bingle to anyone.
Firstly the excess is high, $795 for a rating 1 driver.
Secondly, if your car is a write-off they will short change you on the 'market value', their valuation process is a joke, there is no way you can replace your car at their 'market value'.
And finally in many cases even if the accident is not your fault you will not get your excess back unless there is another driver who accepts responsibility for the accident you don't get your excess back. So if your car is damaged in a car park, hail damage, or if the other driver flees the scene BAD LUCK.

Claim DateJanuary 2020
Car ModelHolden Astra
Akash

AkashSydney, NSW

Bad company for car insurance no contact number , Bingle never reply to mails

After cancel my policy with bingle online , still charged for last month for insurance . I write to them so many times no reply for my mails bad customer service , never buy never buy for save 20$

Claim MadeNo

Don't do it! It's not worth the $40 saving! Buy insurance from a company you can actually contact.

Car ModelNissan Micra K13
Gordon
Gordon

Hey everyone! Bingle's Phone number is 1300 735 640

kathir77

kathir77Queanbeyan

Cheap and claim is good

I am with Bingle for few years. I have insured 3 of my cars that included a new Land Cruiser Sahara. Other companies quoted me very expensive, but Bingle provided a reasonable quote. I also claimed twice windscreen broken and they serviced well. I'm wondering some people complaint about unable to contact etc. Bingle mentioned on their website that they are online-based insurance company so that they are selling insurance cheaper.

I claimed twice via online and they addressed quickly.

Pros:
1. Cheaper price
2. Reasonable service

Cons:
1. No OEM windscreen option to select during insure. Obrien glasses fixed both times using the aftermarket windscreen glasses.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateSeptember 2019
Car ModelToyota LandCruiser 200 Mark II 4.5L Twin-Turbo Diesel Sahara

Just don't

They are the hardest company in Australia to get hold of - bar none. Never before have I dealt with a company that leaves no contact details for you to get in touch with them.

B W.

B W.Metropolitan Adelaide, SA

Terrible company!

Bought a policy annually (12 months in advance) rather than direct debit but 12 months later I felt it was weird I hadn't received a renewal reminder. Find out I had been driving for 12 months and I tried to call or chat but these functions aren't available on their website. All I could find was FQA saying they "may" send a renewal. Be careful with this company, I would never get the cheap insurance again from these types of providers.

Claim MadeNo

No call centre. Unable to get answers

After having someone run into me I was unable to talk with anyone at a call centre to answer basic questions. Customer service?. What customer service. Will never use again.

Insurance TypeThird Party Property Damage
Car ModelHyundai Getz TB
View

ViewSouth East Queensland, QLD

No form of contact and difficult

I didn't make any claims however they always gave me an error on the website that the insurance policy CANNOT be cancelled, they collected 2 months worth of payments. It took me multiple attempts for to finally cancel the policy. It was simply frustrating how I couldn't simply call somebody to cancel my policy. You pay for what you get, mediocre non-existent service.

Car ModelSubaru BRZ
jason

jasonsydney

Woolworths is better.

I have insurance with woolworths and bingle. We have made claims with both companies recently for not at fault accidents. Bingle is just a website. No chat, no email. Nothing. It's worth paying just a little more to woolworths or coles or whatever to have a person you can talk to. Bingle also have their own repair shops. That's why they are cheaper. Woolworths uses existing companies in the community and those companies will help you to get your car back into great shape. If bingle owns the repair shops then they will be as tight fisted as possible when working on your car. After the claim is completed on my ranger I will move that to woolworths or something similar.

Karenasked

Bingle

Bingle WHY do you keep deducting monthly premiums from cancelled insurance from some policies? It’s not a computer error because going by the reviews this has been going on for years, is it because you know nobody can contact Bingle via telephone or email to try and stop you taking money which you have no legal right to access after a policy has been cancelled. BINGLE you owe everyone who has had money stolen from their account and explanation, I await your response.

michellemurph

michellemurphasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

I’ve been trying to contact bingle for days now And my problem is still not solved . Terrible communication from bingle.

Karen

The best thing to do is log in Cancel your Policy and renew it with a Insurance Company that has a phone number. If you do that check your account frequently to see if Bingle are still taking out payments, they did that to me. See review.

Mike

If you can contact the claims department you should be able to progress your query from there. They are on 1300735 640.

J E.

J E.asked

Bingle

Had an accident one month ago. Am not insured. Damage to other car was minor and he was able to drive his Toyota station wagon away. Wagon owner was insured with Bingle. They assessed damage to tail gate and rear of vehicle at $10,000, plus $2,000 for a hire car for their client! They seem to have replaced everything! I should have got an assessor to look at vehicle as well, but did not. I am 72 years old and this is my first accident in thirty years. Do not know what to do. The amounts demanded seem exhorbitant. My initial estimate of the damage was about $4-$5,000. Can anybody suggest a solution or a range of solutions.
Specifically, how does the insurance industry operate? Are repair shops in league with insurance companies, thereby creating a monopoly to exclude competition when it comes to seeking quotes? I have been sent a copy of one quote only. Surely, the Totota owner should have sought at least three quotes.

Get an answer from our members and Bingle representatives