Bingle

How to compare car insurance to find the best policy for you

Read now
Buying Guide Banner

• Claim Resolution Time
    • <1 week (8)
    • 1-2 weeks (25)
    • 2-4 weeks (18)
    • 1-2 months (14)
    • 3+ months (21)
  • Claim ApprovedYes (62) · No (14)

parminder

parminder

A big headache, no calling option.

Never need to claim anything, but find a cheaper insurance somewhere else, and than i realise what a great headache to get rid of them. The web page never proceed on cancellation tab. I tried to go to bank to dispute the transaction of direct debit that occurred meanwhile, i was trying hard to cancel my policy.

Tam

TamGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Disgusting treatment

Disgusted in the treatment my colleague has received from Bingle. Not at fault claim yet will not provide a hire car. Quoted 3 to 5 days to repair car and is now being told 2.5 weeks!!!!! Leaving a girl who lives alone with no transport for that long is disgraceful when all they have to do is charge the other party, who's detail have been provided.
Avoid Bingle at all cost

Zak

ZakSydney, NSW

Without Insurance is better than Insurance with BINGLE

I would recommend to go for another insurance rather than wasting time and money with BINGLE. I had accident 2 weeks back... But, still my car is on accident site, they didn't even Toe My car in 2 week... I try to complain them couple of times, but they are not even ready to listen and solve the complain.... Thanks Bingle for your incredible service.

P.V

P.VVictoria, 3011

Money hungry company

My comprehensive insurance has gone up 38% in the last 2 years when I’ve made no claims. $1095 in 2019, $1225 in 2020 now $1519 in 2021. Avoid this money hungry company

Saghar A.

Saghar A.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Unsupportive customer service and terrible car insurance

I have all the evidence for me to show im not at fault yet bingle does not care and support. Please be aware of this insurance and do not choose bingle at any situation... I will make complaints on them for sure

Lee Langdon

Lee LangdonNorthern Territory

Bad choice, no service

I quoted, signed up but then my policy number couldn't be found when my direct debit went wrong. I emailed, tried to get help and Bingle has no phone lines...no response to my call outs and now I'm left driving a unregistered car!! Panic!!

Erin Edison

Erin EdisonSydney, NSW

Very poor service

I was promised to get my car repaired in a week, its been 3 weeks now and my car is still with the repairer "Col's Body shop".I'll never go with BIngle again.

Sarah

Sarah Southern and Hills, SA

Let’s get real Bingle

Dave

DavePerth, Western Australia

Extensively long wait times for car repairs

Bingle has been okay but the lack of choice when it comes to repairer is too limiting.

It will be six weeks now I'm without a car because the only option for a repair in Perth is Capital SMART Repairs who made me wait 3 weeks for the intial appointment - and now even though they've received the parts it's now ANOTHER 3 weeks to get booked in for the actual repair.

I've learnt my lesson and will be taking my insurance and paying the extra to go with a company that provides more flexibility. Wouldn't recommend purely because of this.

Find out how Bingle compares to other Car Insurance

Pay a few extra dollars and go elsewhere

Lynda

LyndaSydney, NSW

Great Insurance Product

Great value for money and easy to set up a policy. Claim process is all online and very efficient. Yes you do have to pay the excess upfront even if it is not your fault, but you get this back after they process your claim. Very happy with the repair made to my car and they even paid for an Uber to and from the repair centre.

Derek

DerekPerth, WA

Brilliant price but ........

Ok, I have been insured with Bingle for my last two vehicles and their price cannot be beaten. How they do this is making it online only, no telephone service until you claim, even then they encourage you to lodge a claim online which is fair enough. But since taking out the second policy it has not shown up when I login, only my previous cancelled policy shows.

I had to follow up on my claim because there was other damage to my car and they said the reason my new policy doesn't show online is they only allow one policy per email address. Can you believe it? How fricken stupid, I said I am not going to create a new account with a new email address, change your damn policy!!!

Graham

GrahamSouth East Queensland, QLD

Am I the exception to the rule?

Used Bingle for the past few years. Had two windscreen claims and one accident claim. The windscreen claims were fixed in hours and I received excellent service for the car accident. Having dropped off the car to a reputable suppliers a Uber vehicle was provided to get me home.
I think the service was good considering the very competitive insurance cost.

VeB

VeBGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

SLOW!!

Sue

Sue

Inability to communicate is frustrating!

My policy is not showing on my current account. Help Centre says create a new email address. After 1 hour of trying, I keep getting the message that the details don't match the policy. I have even copied and pasted from the policy so I am now stuck with no way to access my details online which is the only way to communicate with Bingle!

Find out how Bingle compares to other Car Insurance

Do not buy insurance with this company

NickMarkoAu

NickMarkoAuSydney, NSW

You're penalised regardless of whether you're at fault or not.

If this wasn't the only insurance I could afford for my car I would never have gone with them. Now I have had a negligent driver smash into my front panel and Bingle won't even represent you until you pay the excess. Which in my case is $2200. Not the kind of money you just have laying around. They say they will refund if they find you are not at fault. Now I am forced to chase and represent myself. Pretty much useless to have a policy with them as it sounds from the other comments.

Sam

Sam

crap when it comes to claims

trade cover covers nothing !!! some one hit the back of work van at 80kms called to claim bingle told me they will fix my van but all racking fit out and internal damages won't be covered ! and I would have to contact other driver to get there claim number and lodge a claim my self for damages with there insurance , that means 2 claims for the one van worst part if I make the claim with bingle my fees will go up next year when its not my fault and they will only repair half of my van

Mary L.

Mary L.Greater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

For people who never claim for an accident before, read this before purchasing this insurance

Luke

LukeSydney, NSW

Cheap and does the job, few hiccups but ok

Had full compo, my car was hit parked by a drunk driver. Quick help once excess paid, refunded back to me a week later. Info from repairer was slow though.

Peter R.

Peter R.asked

Bingle

Does Keep Mobile Optional Extra mean the hire car cost is not charged to the customer?

Karenasked

Bingle

Bingle WHY do you keep deducting monthly premiums from cancelled insurance from some policies? It’s not a computer error because going by the reviews this has been going on for years, is it because you know nobody can contact Bingle via telephone or email to try and stop you taking money which you have no legal right to access after a policy has been cancelled. BINGLE you owe everyone who has had money stolen from their account and explanation, I await your response.

michellemurph

michellemurphasked

Comprehensive Car Insurance

I’ve been trying to contact bingle for days now And my problem is still not solved . Terrible communication from bingle.

Karen

The best thing to do is log in Cancel your Policy and renew it with a Insurance Company that has a phone number. If you do that check your account frequently to see if Bingle are still taking out payments, they did that to me. See review.

Mike
Mike

If you can contact the claims department you should be able to progress your query from there. They are on 1300735 640.

Melissa S.
Melissa S.

Just close ur bank account they are so bad

Get an answer from our members and Bingle representatives

Bingle

Bingle insurance offers two different coverage types for drivers: comprehensive car insurance and third party property damage insurance. View the details table to see the difference in coverage provided between the two insurance products and read car insurance reviews for each different car insurance policy to help you decide if Bingle car insurance is for you.

Comprehensive Car Insurance

• Covers accidental loss or damage to your car including accidental damage, theft and natural events
  • Market value payment if your car is a write-off

Optional extra:

• Zero excess windscreen and window glass cover
  • Keep Mobile (hire car if you need one after an incident)
  • New car replacement if your car is deemed a total loss

Third Party Property

• $20 million legal liability cover
  • Accidental damage to someone else's car or property caused by the use of your car
Compare both Bingle
After Accident Care
Hire Car after an Incident

Optional, up to $50 per day until:

• you claim is settled
  • you have been provided a rental car

Not Included

Emergency Transport & AccommodationIncluded, to your next destination (place you were headed) or home.Not Included
Towing Costs IncludedIncluded
Hire Car after a No Fault Accident

Essential / Emergency RepairsIncludedNot Included
Benefits
Pay As You Drive / Fixed Kilometre DiscountNot ApplicableNot Applicable
Hire Car after Theft

Lock and Key ReplacementNot IncludedNot Included
Transit Cover Not ApplicableNot Applicable
Trailer & Caravan CoverNot IncludedNot Included
Child Safety Seats and PramsNot IncludedNot Included
New-for-old Car Replacement

Optional, when your car is determined to be total loss

Personal Property CoverNot IncludedNot Included