Bingle

Bingle

Terrible company . Cheap morals.

One star is more for this insurance company. They trap their customers in their mean terms and condition and try not to pay claim where possible.bunch of frauds. Never send any cancellation emails etc

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim ApprovedNo

Everything has been reasonable so far

I've just switched to Bingle in December, and currently claiming my damaged car (truck hit a branch which landed on my car!).

Looking at their website, I initially tried to go through the trucking company to get my car fixed, like they recommended. It was so stressful and they wouldn't provide a hire car with my off the road. I bit the bullet and put through a claim online.

Putting in the claim, means I do have to pay an upfront excess ($650) before they will assess my claim. Immediately after I put in my claim, I received an email with a contact phone number which I rang. I swear, after having been through another company, they were so damn nice! My cover included rental car hire, and I've been upgraded from my 2012 Holden Cruze and driving a Nissan Qashqai until the middle of next month (a month of hire car!). My car has roof damage (getting a new roof), bonnet damage (scratches), side mirror wiped out (to be replaced), and having the front grill replaced. I've been contacted today to let me know from the repairer the estimate length of time and cost to the company, and it was a simple phone call back to Bingle to extend my car hire from a week, til the new estimate time.

It probably has helped that the accident wasn't my fault, and a big companies insurance will cover everything. My car with the price of car hire and to get fixed is just about a write off, but they are doing the job and keeping me on the road in the mean time.

I'm not sure when I will get my excess back, but with the claim being sorted today, I would hope it will be soon

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelHolden Cruze JH (2012-2016)
Claim ApprovedYes

Don't waste time and money with Bingle and their customer service

I have been with Bingle for 4 years and this is my very first time lodging a claim with them. Bingle has the worst customer service ever from my experience, there’s no contact number at all until you lodge a claim online. They don’t help you to resolve the matter in my best interest. They will only tell you to pay the excess and what ever the result is I can only take it or leave it and not go through with the claim. They will not listen to your issues or want to explain to you if you have any further questions. All they want is you to make a claim with them so that they can raise your insurance next year. After all these years of being with Bingle and have paid about $2,800 of insurance this is what you will get bad customer service and $2,800 down the drain and into Bingle (Suncorp) pockets.

Claim DateMay 2019

You get what you pay for!

I chose Bingle as my insurance company due to the low costs, however you receive what you pay for. I made a claim with Bingle mid February where I had to pay an excess fee of over $700 and had to be the one to call up Bingle to receive an update on the claim as I would not be updated any other way. Each time I called up, the employers were lovely however they proceeded to inform us that our excess fee would be refunded within a week when we provided them with the details of the liable party, however each time we provided them with the details they requested, I would not receive my excess fee and I would not be updated as to why that was so until i have had enough and end up calling for them to keep delaying my refund due to some small issue they should have easily taken care of within the past four months. Absolutely ridiculous and would not recommend bingle to anyone! Unless you like having your money taken and time wasted.

Claim Resolution Time3+ months
Claim DateJanuary 2019

very good car insurance

make 2 claims so far with bingle. all goes smoothly and fast. customer service is very nice and helpful. my car has been stolen and within 3 weeks. i got paid for the car higher than that i can sell to private or dealer. I been with AAMI before and i found Bingle is cheaper and better when repairs your car. the only problem with this company is the renewal alway go up even if you are not make any claim.

Car ModelToyota Camry
Claim DateDecember 2018
Claim ApprovedYes

Finished my claim - overall positive experience

I went with Bingle mainly on price but was unsure how they would go in the event i needed to make a claim.
Well i hit a kangaroo a few weeks back and went through the online claims process. They sent me an email shortly afterwards, with thank God a phone number so I could talk to somebody. I had luckily ticked the keep mobile option and the customer service person was excellent in organising a hire car - I got a similar sized car - Toyota Avalon. The repairs took about 4 weeks - there a lot of people hitting kangaroos around here i guess but with the hire car it didn't inconvenience me. The car came back looking new and they said they would not increase my premiums. I just got my renewal and it was actually less than the previous year, so overall i give them thumbs up!

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelFord Falcon FG (2008-2014)

Terrible insurance

You pay for what you receive, you pay less to bingle, but it is very hard and time consuming to claim. I would never recommend Bingle to anyone. There is no way to call and contact them to follow up on your claim.

Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim ApprovedYes

I'm Impressed on Level of service so far.

I've only been with Bingle (they offered the most competitive deal ) for a short time and have had to make 1st claim due to recent Hail damage . The process though the App was fast and easy with status of claim process very clear to understand. I agree Contact Number is not easy to find but i found it and added to my phone contact list.Ive never had an issue getting someone on first attempt. Its been 1 month since the claim and just waiting for repairers approval hence 4 stars for now with followup review once work is done. I've spoken to approx 5 different people over this time and found all to have a very professional and helpful manner. I think it also helps if we understand they are dealing with many people during a very busy claim period (they are still handling claims from last major hail storm) so i've made sure my attitude is positive when discussing my claim.

Update
Claim was approved via email on same day i called and have already booked car for repairs in a couple weeks plus will get loan car free of charge so very happy hence now rate changed to 5 stars !

Car ModelToyota Camry XV50

crap Insurance company.

Had the accident on 27th March, Today is 12th April, still no answer. Never again with this crap insurance company, should close down if they can't do it. all good till takes the money, no çustomer service at all, all crap excuses.

The worst company ever

The worst company Ive ever dealt with. got my car insurance from this company and stayed with them for almost three years without any claims. then and before my pllicy end they sent me renewal notice and price has slightly raised ($10) I sent an email adviced that this raise is not accepted and please cancel my policy. They replayed with a confirmation of a platinum policy cancelled.

Plan covers drivers under 25Yes
Car ModelBMW 1 Series E81 (3-door Hatch, 2007-2011)

Simple and cheap

Simple and easy registration online. I got 1year comprehensive insurance @ 64$ per much which is best price in market.

These guys also have total replacement with new vehicle option @ 5$ extra per month which is awesome:)

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelKia Cerato BD (2018-Present)

Bingle contact details

Policy easy to set up and reasonably good value, but as for customer service… NO STARS!! If you managed to find a contact number or an email address, it will be a miracle (they hide them). Once you get an actual person, they are helpful, but only know about their area. So don't need help elsewhere and, whatever you do, don't ask for help with anything on the website (which, by the way, is where they forward you to do everything)… they have no technical support whatsoever. Even when they say you can just go online and do something (and that something doesn't exist), there is no help. But for anyone who finds themselves with no way of contacting Bingle, here are the details I managed to extract out of them… phone [contact details removed]; email [email address removed]; and good luck, you'll need it!

Claim MadeYes

They had my car for 3 weeks and still isn't ready.

The first week it's been sitting there waiting for an assessment and now still working on it. So disappointed, def gonna change my insurance straight away. And you can't even get in touch with them!

Car ModelNissan Patrol Y61

Rubbish insurance

it is cheap but very hard to claim,
no customer service at all and website is crap
I cannot lodge a claim, mobile app does not allow me to lodge a claim it is failing to find address
Ive been with bignle for few years

Claim MadeYes

You can't call them and you can't email them!

We missed a payment and they sent us an email advising how to make the missed payment so I followed the link to their website, logged in and found their instructions were incorrect as the yellow tab which I am supposed to click on to make the payment it missing. I tried to find a contact phone or email address for them but there isn't one! FFS what sort of half assed business are they running? You can't conduct business with no phone and no email. I will be cancelling this policy tomorrow, it's just too hard. :(

Car ModelToyota HiLux
Claim MadeNo

It's cheaper for a reason. But the difference is NOT worth it.

Bingle offers insurance cheaper than provided by others by approx 10%. The saving made however is not worth the absolute struggle you need to go through to make any changes to your account.

They have no phone or online support via their website. You are also not made aware of this when you take out their policy. If you need anything resolved you are directed to their web based help desk which provides simple solutions to basic problems...even when making claims.

The only provided form of direct support is Facebook messenger where you need wait for a response at their convenience.

When it comes to insurance; when the worst comes to worst i would always like the option of contacting someone. I ended up calling Suncorp to get support in regards to escalating issues i was having.

Car ModelAudi A3

Could not fault them !

I recently had a car crash and I could not fault them with my experience.
I had been with bingle for 3 years prior to the crash. After the crash and they fixed up everything and had me paid out in two weeks.
I will be using bingle again in future,

Car ModelLexus IS XE20
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Brilliant, can't fault them, had a great experience when I had an accident, thank you

Easy to set up, extremely good value, from making claim to having car fixed and given back to me was under 2 weeks, got a hire car too, nothing was too much trouble, extremely happy.

General fast no-frill insurer

The policy premium is very reasonable, although there is no phone conversation allowed, but you pay for what you get right? plus, if you are a good driver, you dont need the fancy top-tier insurance, as you hardly would claim any.

In my case, I got a rental car with them, good expereince.

PS: leave a 4 star for room for improvement

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

No service when you need it!

So I need to update driver details on my 2 car insurance policies.
1. Can't locate one of the policies online even though I have the printed policy confirmation from last September when I first joined.
2. My other car policy I can locate but not update with an additional driver. Have emailed Bingle but they have not been able to assist in resolving the website issues as to why I can't update a new driver.
If they had a telephone this could be resolved quite easily over the phone!
Not happy one bit and I haven't had to make a claim with them but am rather worried that if I do there is no phone support.
Emailing their Help Desk is slow and you don't get things resolved!