Bingle

Bingle

It's cheaper for a reason. But the difference is NOT worth it.

Bingle offers insurance cheaper than provided by others by approx 10%. The saving made however is not worth the absolute struggle you need to go through to make any changes to your account.

They have no phone or online support via their website. You are also not made aware of this when you take out their policy. If you need anything resolved you are directed to their web based help desk which provides simple solutions to basic problems...even when making claims.

The only provided form of direct support is Facebook messenger where you need wait for a response at their convenience.

When it comes to insurance; when the worst comes to worst i would always like the option of contacting someone. I ended up calling Suncorp to get support in regards to escalating issues i was having.

Car ModelAudi A3

Could not fault them !

I recently had a car crash and I could not fault them with my experience.
I had been with bingle for 3 years prior to the crash. After the crash and they fixed up everything and had me paid out in two weeks.
I will be using bingle again in future,

Plan covers drivers under 25No
Car ModelLexus IS XE20 (2005-2013)
Claim DateJanuary 2019
Claim ApprovedYes

Brilliant, can't fault them, had a great experience when I had an accident, thank you

Easy to set up, extremely good value, from making claim to having car fixed and given back to me was under 2 weeks, got a hire car too, nothing was too much trouble, extremely happy.

General fast no-frill insurer

The policy premium is very reasonable, although there is no phone conversation allowed, but you pay for what you get right? plus, if you are a good driver, you dont need the fancy top-tier insurance, as you hardly would claim any.

In my case, I got a rental car with them, good expereince.

PS: leave a 4 star for room for improvement

Claim Resolution Time1-2 weeks

No service when you need it!

So I need to update driver details on my 2 car insurance policies.
1. Can't locate one of the policies online even though I have the printed policy confirmation from last September when I first joined.
2. My other car policy I can locate but not update with an additional driver. Have emailed Bingle but they have not been able to assist in resolving the website issues as to why I can't update a new driver.
If they had a telephone this could be resolved quite easily over the phone!
Not happy one bit and I haven't had to make a claim with them but am rather worried that if I do there is no phone support.
Emailing their Help Desk is slow and you don't get things resolved!

Poor Online Process

My car was parked outside my house and a truck wiped out the driver side mirror. A neighbour witnessed the event and gave me the registration. The Police gave me the owners name and address. Bingle requires the other parties phone number and license number (obviously something I don't have). The help function only has stock standard questions and answers. The only way I can contact Bingle is through its complaint email. Surely many people are in my position and without licence details and contact phone number I cannot lodge a claim. Have been a long term Suncorp insurance client and Bingle needs to upo their game.

Car ModelSmart ForFour W454
Claim MadeNo

I had great experiences with Bingle for claims

I was looking to report an incident online to Bingle, my insurer, that my car was hit by the other party's car while parked. Bingle online stated I still have to pay excess upfront and will be waived if proved not being at my fault (I understood this is reasonable). However it also stated that my premium will be affected, although it's not my fault (I didn't think that was the right thing). So I called Bingle Customer Service on 1300 735 640 this ( Saturday ) morning. I waited only a few minutes to get through. Discussing about the incident over the phone, I brought up about access fee and the online statement. The Customer service consultant assured me I wouldn't need to pay access fee nor my premium is effected as its not at my fault. Bingle customer service was very efficient and transparent that my claim was lodged straightaway and I was given claim reference number. Booking was also made at nearest repairer early next week with Rental car arranged too. All took about 10-15min over the phone. My email inbox has notifications already from bingle as soon as I was off the phone with them. The emails contain all detailed information about the claim. I find that Bingle car insurance has provided me with the best experience in over 20 years. I feel peace of mind after Bingle Customer service handled an annoying and stressful car incident in a customer centered way. Bingle provides claim tracking service online. I logged into Bingle Claim Hub and noticed that my claim is in progress already.

Claim Resolution Time<1 week
Claim DateFebruary 2019

Do not come here

You have to pay your excess regardless of the situation of the accident, and will re-reimburse when they find that you are not at fault. Their policy states that if you have substantial proof that it is not your fault, then they will waive the excess. We had emails from the related driver stating it was his fault with his full details and written in the email was a full account of what happened. Bingle still did not waive the excess, which they should have because it would be very easy to clarify that that was the other driver's email address. If it was that difficult for them to listen to logic that was clear cut, i could not imagine what they would be like if it was murky. Especially considering it was their policy in the first place that they were contradicting. Do not insure with them, they fit under the stereotype for insurance companies ripping off their customers very much.

Car ModelMazda 3
Claim Resolution Time1-2 months
Claim DateSeptember 2016

Cheap and good!

All good so far... I claimed a windscreen breakage, and they replaced quickly. No issues to me, however, I do not yet claim actual car damage.

Pros:
1. Low price
2. Fast and Simple

Cons:
1. Contacting them via online was some difficulties. Email response is two days waiting period.

Terrible. SCAM.

This is not a chep insurance company. Sort of scammers. Bingle was charging money twice for my car over 26 months under two policies. When i found out they only agreed to refund for two months . This is stealing money from customers. No one you can talk to . They don't have any contact numbers . lucky i never wanted to make clam.. you can email them but there is no real identity of the person who is replying to you. DO NOT INSURE WITH THEM BETTER TO HAVE NO INSURANCE THAN GOING WITH BINGLE.

Car ModelHonda City

Terrible, worse car insurance bingle.

No not a good value for money as i have been wth bingle for 10 months. Monthly pay direct debit. But when i cancelled. Bingle still withdraw money from my account. Bad Bingle car insurance. They should keep there moto.terrible service. Worse bingle car insurance company. Stay away. I am so disappointed as abingle customer since last 10 months. I didn't make a claim. All i did i cancelled my policy as i was on monthly direct debit. But they withdrawn money even after the cancellation. I M a pensioner. Imagine

Car ModelToyota Yaris XP90.I
Bingle car insurance should reimburse the money they have withdrawn even after the pensioner have cancelled the policyBingle should sort out the issue asap. It bad for the insurance company

Make claiming impossible

Our initial experience of Bingle was great. Fast, cheap and simple. However, the claiming process is the exact opposite. Their business model has been designed to make it too difficult and too costly to bother. We are considering claiming through our CTP insurer, because even that appears to be easier. And, as an online insurer, it is impossible to ring them. ING is an online bank but they still offer a fantastic customer service. Bingle's prices are attractive but its really not worth it!

Insurance claim madeNo

I just want a copy of my policy to prove i actually was paying insurance, don't even want to make a

I found out recently that my policy was non-existent. So was absolutely horrified, tried to contact bingle to find out what had happened. NO way at all to do so, they don't reply. I was getting it direct debited from my account so it was not because i didn't pay. So definitely needed insurance, but because i cannot prove i was paying insurance or give the reason why it was cancelled i have lost my rating, and have had to pay more than a $100 a month more, even though i have never made a claim, and have had insurance for the last 4 years, and i had to pay the full year up front, which i had to borrow, at this time of the year. Bloody disgraceful. Anyone got any ideas. All i wanted was proof that i was actually insured and the reason why it was not renewed.

Not Worth At All

The premium is cheaper between $100 to $200 compare to other insurance companies but if you need to contact BINGLE then GOOD LUCK as they are not interested dealing with your issues.

Their 1300 BINGLE (1300 246 453) contact number is not active and neither they will reply your emails in relation to your claims.

People buy insurance policies for peace of mind and security but I do not recommend BINGLE at all.

Unbelievable

Have been waiting for over 3 weeks to have my car assessed. Finally today, someone left a msg on my phone asking me to call the Claim No. but very thoughtfully, they did not leave that number, nor was it emailed to me as promised, when I made my claim. Their number is blocked so you can not even return the call, If there is anyone out there who knows the bingle Claims phone number I would love to hear from then.

Bad/NO Customer Service - No Way to Make Contact

I have never used Bingle Insurance, however they continuously deduct monies from my account. I have written several emails to no avail. instead of investigating when I gave them confirmation of my details, identification and deductions including reference number, they advised to go through my bank as part of the banking code.
Banking code recommends you try to resolve with the one making the deductions first. I know I will get my money eventually but their lack of ability to make contact, their concern and or assistance is deplorable. I cannot believe they are still allowed to trade.

Insurance claim madeYes

Do Not Waste 1 cent with Bingle. They will make it tough for you to lodge claim.

I have lodged a claim with someone brushing my car on traffic light and I have 2 witnesses. I had to pay full excess and now I must wait until 15th i.e 1 week. it is a scratch (probable can be fixed for $100-$200 outside) But Bingle made me pay full excess without any guarantees to if they can chase the culprit. Lets see how I go. But way they handle claims is absolutely devil. On call customer service is as bad as it gets, zero sympathy and happy to tell you where to cancel policy if not happy with bingle.
I have forked out my excess of $795 and won't have excess to this money i.e. wait until 15th Jan 2019 for appointment for mechanic. Extremely inhuman kind of company.

Premium very reasonably priced

My insurance premium was very reasonable with bingle, compared to other insurers but unfortunately I didn't read the t&cs well enough and when someone crashed into me I was charged an excess upfront despite other driver being at fault! Apparently I will be reimbursed once bingle confirm other driver is at fault but not a very nice experience when I'm already inconvenienced by someone else's mistake and now I'm out of pocket $795 at Christmas!!

Bingle phone number is 1300 735 640

cant claim until the insured person submits the claim. Used 2 phones to get through as the 1st phone call was on hold for 36 minutes and the second phone called at the 30 minute mark got through faster. Also ask for assistance if you do not understand what is being asked by the insurer for a claim

Insurance claim madeNo

Please don't waste your money

I am with bingle since 2014 having third party insurance. Someone reversered into my car and I had a witness.
Bingle said that it's hard to proof so I need to pay Excess of 800$.
I have to fix my car on top of it. I cancelled my insurance and joined Alliance.
Bingle irritating policy whether it's not your fault still you Must pay Excess to process your case. What about the premium I had paid for more than 48 months. Please get a better insurance company.