Bio-Oil

Bio-Oil Questions & Answers

40 questions from our users

I have been using this oil for two months this oil does nothing at all totally a waste of money, ZERO results. I don't recommend to use it.

I had an abdominal hysterectomy 12 days ago is it safe to rub bio oil on my healing scar
Wait 12 mths. That scar is tender and needs to heal. Tracy u know what makes me angry. Everything is such a rush with women. After I had my son I stayed obese for 2 years. No rushing to the gym. I always advocate to women to love the skin they are inOkThankyou 4 saying ok . Women and people behind them usually BAIT me . U know try and get a reaction from me . Ive now learnt in life only advise people who want your help . 4 the others keep my mouth shut. I hope your healing is quick and pain free . God Bless

What is the best time to apply bio oil in face?

I have had scars from burns pretty much all over my body since I was 3 years old from an accident and am wanting to look good for my senior prom I always got bullied about my skin and want it to change can bio-oil help me? and how long will it take?
Don't use bio-oil it won't help I used it for 2 years the scars is still vise able. Bio oil is a waste of money try some other brand not sure what will take the scar away.

Do you wash bio oil off after you use it and how long after?
No. And i don't use it anymoreIf I apply it in the morning after my shower in the evening it washes out. I don't recommend Bio Oil it never helped me I am still using the last bottle for 2 yrs I have been using it no improvement, waste of money

Can i use bio oil on mu face stiches its too much old when i was seven year old but now i am 21 so can u use ut will it work on it.?
No it will not work I have used it for 2 years and the marks have not gone away, its just a waste of money I won't advice anyone to buy bio oilBio oil helps me in my uneven body skintone.. I use it everyday like a body lotion.. And sometimes combined it with several of my body lotion. It really helps!! I'm sure bio oil also work on your face but need something to combine like a cream or foundation.. Just dont apply bio oil to your face directly.

Can I put bio oil on scabs?

I use bio oil,iMessage face in bio oil , after which soap I used for face wash?
I don't really understand your question - are you asking which soap to use to wash your face after using the bio oil? I wouldn't use Bio oil on the face if you check the link I posted on the ingredients it has liquid paraffin in it so I wouldn't recommend using it on the face at all. I prefer QV wash or a face wash that is PH neutral so would suggest checking that out.Use CeraVe foaming facial cleanser with warm water. Next apply ice for 12 seconds. Last use Aveeno Baby Daily moisturizer lotion. This is for sensitive or dry skin. Love these

Hi, after i used bio oil on my face for 2 days now i got many rashes should I discontinue?
If it were me I would discontinue use.

Can bio oil work on my stretch marks if I mix bio oil with my body cream(fair and white) and how long does it takes to fade?

after using Bio Oil for a minimum of 3 months (twice a day) how often should I apply it or do I stop using it?
Hi Probably best to consult your health care professional (GP or dermatologist). I don't use this product at all as it contains mineral oil. Over time it can damage your skin.Hi Yvonne, It depends on what you were using it for and how your skin feels. If it is irritating your skin, stop and see your health professional if needed. If it’s solved whatever problem you were having, you can stop using it and see how your skin reacts. If everything’s good. You can stop. Although it is mineral oil based, there’s no harm using it long term as some of my friends use it daily after a shower. It is a myth that mineral oil is bad for you - most baby oils are mineral oil. Look at the ingredient list of many common moisturisers, lotions etc and you will see mineral oil listed. People react to different things. Some react to ‘natural’ ingredients like lanolin, or Olive oil in moisturisers. Read ingredient lists learn about them (Google scientific journals, not blogs* as many of these writers are uninformed and just repeating stuff), and try different products till you find one that your skin likes. Price can be misleading - always look at the ingredients, as a luxury brand may have similar active ingredients as a cheaper one. See this dermatology article if you are interested to learn more about moisturisers: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4885180/ *Note: one informed blogger I do sometimes turn to is http://www.beautifulwithbrains.com I have no affiliations or any connections with either of the above which I cam across using Google search. Hope this helps. Cheers,you have answered my question and I think I will just use it at bedtime although I might miss it after my shower in the morning. I am a little confused now but I thought I liked it and my dark freckles seemed to be lightening. thanks for the reply.

Can I step out in the sun after applying bio oil on my leg?
Hi Probably best to seek advice from a qualified healthcare professional, such as a dermatologist, as I am not able to give you any answer on this one.

How long should I wait before applying my nighttime or daytime moisturizing cream after I put on the Bio-Oil?
The advice is to wait till the oil is absorbed. But I put mine on immediately, go do other stuff to let it all sink in then blot lightly with tissue and apply sunscreen if I’m going out. I do not use foundation.

Is bio oil also clear the face colour?
I’m not sure as I never put it on my face. But I didn’t see any colour change on my body.

I have an oily skin...im using bio oil for last one week..i use it twice daily...night before bed and morning after shower...but i felt it very greasy over my skin especially on morning when i want to put my makeup.. So is it ok to wash off bio oil after 30 minutes (morning)..?
To answer your question, I would suggest to stop using the oil altogether. It is unnecessary as your skin already seems to be hydrated.Do not use of a day. Think about it..sun and oil ........a small amount rubbed in of a night will do the trick dont use heaps or you will break out in pimples and wash your face with tea tree oil soap in the morning to get rid of excess oils. Ignore negative people stick with it at night only its terrific and it does works. ☺my dear we bathe twice a day. every morning and evening no less. you cant add bio oil to a dirty body and expect it to work. every morning bathe and apply bio oil and also bathe before you sleep in the night or evening and apply bio oil. goodluck

Should I apply bio oil on face before or after my specific treatment for dark marks on skin?
yes it will most likely make the dark marks aka scabs or scar be less visible but for more information recommended to use a more trustworthy site

Is bio oil is good for blemishes?
Macro Natural Vitamin E cream was recommended to me by my dermatologist, but you need to use it daily for about a year. It doesn't contain petro chemicals.

Should be on the rise again or damp skin like just out of shower?
i use Bio Oil after my shower in the morning,and before I go to bed at night,my scar is a third of the size from when I commenced using it,just in time for shorts and swimsuits.

There are scars on my forehead due to wrong stitches can bio oil help me???
Hello Sahil, I don't know about stitches,my problem was gravel rash and a large area that bled just under the skin,I have been using Bio Oil for 11 weeks now and the dark patch has reduced by more than half,worth a try,good luck!Wouldn't think so! Dermatologist once advised me that Vitamin E was the only cream that would have any lasting effect on skin, but it would take 12 months applying it daily. Find a good quality Vit E cream or oil.No, however there are some other creams good for scars. But no cream will remove it's visibility completely. The best they can do is smooth out the skin so it's less noticible, but it will always be visible. Depending on the scar and whether there are any veins underneath, different creams apply. Ask your pharmacist and GP for advice on most suitable cream for you.