Birkenstock
Brand Manager for Birkenstock? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

MandiGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Poor quality and service.

I purchased some Bennington black boots from them less than 5 months ago, and they have a hole in the sole. I have my receipt and original packaging. They said it wasn't the quality of the shoe-it was my walking pattern. So I showed him my 2 year old Dr Martens soles, which hardly have a dent in them and asked why these hadn't worn out-to which he had no reply. Very poor quality and just not worth the money. I have shoes from them that are 15 years old. Clearly their quality's gone downhill.

Ruby M.
Ruby M.Perth, WA

Caused knee pain after wearing for a month

Sadly after wearing for a month I began to get sharp pain inside knee area when squatting and bending the knee.

Gismoo
GismooWestern Australia

Very poor quality of a brand product

Shoes falling apart

The straps on my Mayari are falling apart and Birkenstock offer no assistance. They even went as far as saying they were fake (they were bought at a physical store). I wouldn’t recommend.

Ben
BenPerth, WA

Birkenstock=Zero care factor

After wearing birkenstocks for years with rising prices I decided to try this new rubber version they were great for a few weeks but then developed a squeak every step first one the shortly after the other. Basically unwearable. So I contacted birkenstock and they couldn't blow me off quick enough claimed it's my foot that's the problem and I should try wearing them with a pair of socks.... And that was it. For years I was under this misinterpretation that birkenstock have great customer care and they really give a dam about there customers... Not the case... They have become super expensive and sadly very poor quality. Time to start supporting other brands because this one has gone to the dogs.

Laura C
Laura CGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Great quality

I bought my Birkenstock’s about 4 years ago. Live in them in summer every year. The leather is still great, the soles are still in good condition. Have taken them all over travelling through Europe and South America. The sizing is weird, I have a narrow pair and I wouldn’t necessarily class my foot as narrow. You need to try them on rathe than purchase online.

It’s Been 8 Weeks And The Cork CRACKED

I purchased my Birks 8 weeks ago. I returned to where I bought them. They said that Birkenstock replied to them that it’s a Wear/Tear issue. Terrible customer service!!! Clearly not a good shoe. 8 weeks I’ve had them!!!

JenniferH
JenniferH

Birkenstock- Nurture your customers!

I love the comfort level and style of my Birkenstock shoes. Clearly they have been developed based on a love and understanding of the foot. Customers understand that this level of integrity costs more. Unfortunately Birkenstock has neglected to support the wonderful longevity of their shells by making available replacement laces and footbeds. Just imagine how nurtured a customer would feel if on opening the box containing their gorgeous new $280 desert boots they found a set of replacement laces!

Scratch
ScratchSouthwest, VIC

Nothing like they used to be. Totally different quality.

Have worn Birkenstock’s for the past 30 years and have just purchased replacements. Instead of genuine leather they appear to have a foam under the leather top and the cork is not nearly as soft and comfortable

Lasted 2 months

My expensive pair of Birkenstocks, bought in Singapore in mid-January at an official Birkenstock stockist, have just fallen apart. Photo is attached and says more about the issue than I can write. Even after 2 weeks, the front sole on one had detached from the cork and needed re-gluing. Dreadful quality at a high price.

Excellent service

My husband and I went into the Melbourne store on Saturday 30th October and a staff member greeted us immediately in a very friendly manner and asked if she could be of any assistance. I explained what I was wanting and left with a pair of thongs after many tries. The girl who served me couldn't have been more helpful.

jasmine25
jasmine25BRISBANE

Quality no more!!

My husband and I had our last pair of Birkenstock’s for 10 years, we bought them from Germany. Finally the cork had split and we decided to buy new ones from a store in Manly, Sydney. We bought two each, thinking it’s a worthwhile investment for another ten years. Not even one year later, my husbands corks have split, he only wears them on weekends and they’ve never been wet. Meanwhile my sandals still give me pain and blisters on the arch, even though I’ve been wearing them often for ten months! So bitterly disappointed. I will never buy again, ever.

Store LocationManly Sydney

Gone downhill

After buying Birkenstock’s for years I’m very disappointed in the latest pair. Poorly finished and uncomfortable to wear. Sent back to the workshop in Australia and they came back no better.
I’ll buy them overseas in future.

Papapajajaja
PapapajajajaFar North Queensland, QLD

Will not buy again

I loved Birkenstock sandals because they are comfortable and heaps of colours and styles to chose from. Bought a few pairs straight from Germany, not the fake Chinese replica. Birkenstock changed the sole and it's piece of s**t. I do wear them a few weeks and the sole needs to be replaced. Shame on you Birkenstock!!!!! If you don't fix that you will lose lots of customers. For the price which we pay for them they should last longer than that.

Graham  M.
Graham M.South East Queensland, QLD

Woefully inaccurate sizing on their products

Northern H.
Northern H.asked
Birkenstock

yeah for the price they are not worth it , dont fit right, and slide around too much, i purchased the steel cap clogs for kitchen work, and my $30 dollar pair of boots from kmart are way more comfortable. a bad product i do not recommend these.

Mandi

I didn't find any problem with the comfort-it's the quality-I wore them for a total of 14 weeks in a casual job, and the sole had a hole in it. I expect more from $252 purchase. I'm going back to Docs.

ANNIE
ANNIEasked
Birkenstock

My arizona brown suede sandals recently have the right foot straps stretched so they flop on me ... can the suede be shrunk ? Thought maybe driving an automatic car - right pedal foot !!!

Rhona D.
Rhona D.asked
Birkenstock

I have just purchased a par of Birks for first time in some years I now have an allergie from across the top of my feet From the uppers . I never had this problem with any of the one with the leather uppers. Has any one else had this problem

Compare both Birkenstock
CategoryOnline Shops and Footwear Shops & BrandsPhysical Shops and Footwear Shops & Brands
Offers Free Standard Shipping Yes