BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Questions & Answers

Dual Camera, Single Camera

237 questions from our users

Neil C.asked

Both my BlackVue DR650GW have suddenly both started losing date and time, I have to power down and restart or connect by IPhone and re-download the latest (old) update the reconfigure time zone, password etc and they work okay until they power down again.

Hi Neil,
Thanks for your question.
The cameras keep time when powered down by using a small battery called an RTC. As with all batteries the RTC has a finite number of life cycles before it is no longer effective causing the camera to loose time when it shuts down.
It is possible to sync the time with the GPS system by formatting the camera once it has acquired a GPS signal however it will likely loose sync once switched off.
The battery can also be replaced to resolve the issue. Please contact our support team on the details below, they will be able to explain the return and repair process.

Neil C.

Thanks James, I appreciate your reply, I contacted the number today and was advised of how to send my cameras back to have the batteries replaced, it was a simple procedure. Regards, Neil

Ben W

Ben Wasked

Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

After an incident last night, I removed 64gb sd card to review files. Only files found on the card were from a few months ago and it seems no new files are available to view. My cameras are set to record constantly inc parking mode using the power magic pro.
The SD card was purchased recently from Ebay advertised as 'genuine blackvue' and from an Australian seller.
Is this likely to be an SD card issue or something else?

Hello Ben,
We're very sorry to hear that this has happened. From what you have described, it does sound like the mSD card is corrupt and will need replacing. May I suggest contacting our support team via email; sales@blackvue.com.au
They will be able to further assist you with this matter.

Hamid K

Hamid Kasked

Hi my DR650GW stopped recording,there is no recording light at all but the GPS light is on,any advice, thanks

Hi Hamid,
Thanks for reaching out. The above described symptom can be caused by a number of factors. The best thing to do is get in touch with our support team on the details below to go through the trouble shooting process and work out the next step to resolving this issue.

Lotto

Lottoasked

I have 650 2 channel cam . I have updated a latest firmware and couldnt get an alert sound like normal parking, parking mode on . Could u please advice me

Hi Lotto,
These settings should be accessible via the app, however maybe the PC player will be easier? Have you downloaded this and tried it?
Please let us know how you go and if you require any further help.

Harman A.

Harman A.asked

Single Camera DR650GW-1CH

My BlackVue dr650 keep on restarting please Help what to do??

mine did the same. Replaced under warranty many times. Gave up in the end after last replacement and sold it. Might be the SD card. Try to format the card. If it says not formattable try a new card

Hello Harman,
Sorry to hear that this is happening to your BlackVue camera. May I suggest contacting our support team and they will be able to assist you? But it does sound like the mSD card is faulty. You can reach the support team by emailing support@blackvue.com.au
Feel free to get in touch if you have any further questions.

Mohammad

Mohammadasked

Dual Camera DR650S-2CH

Hi I want to know why front camera footage don’t show on recording? all lights on all settings good I can not see live view front camera Thanks

Hi Mohammad,
This could be for a number of reasons, the most common would be the SD card has become corrupted.
The easiest way to resolve the issue would be to contact our support team so they can facilitate some diagnostics and provide a suitable solution.
Feel free to call Mon-Fri 9.00-5.00 AWST
Best Regards

Seto W.

Seto W.asked

Hi,
We have DR650S installed in our fleet, and we require the voice recording. Found some data without voice recorded due to un-authorized audio recording off by waving the hand on the proximity sensor.
How can I disable the sensor to ensure no un-authorized switch the record off?
Cheers,
Jim

Hi Jim,
Thanks for your question.
The Proximity Sensor can not be completely disabled, however it can be changed to trigger "Manual Recordings". This will leave the microphone activated to collect any relevant audio. Firmware Settings > Other > Proximity Sensor.

Tan H.

Tan H.asked

Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My front camera when view on my smartphone. Show rainbow colour. Rear view working. Any ideas?

ANGRY MUCH
ANGRY MUCH

Have you tried slightly point it down while you're on view with your phone and see if there is still rainbow. It could be the sun reflecting on your window, if you still see rainbow could be your lense. If it is in warranty get in contact who you got it from and send it back.

Hi Tan,
Thanks for your question.
As others have previously stated, you can try re orientating the camera to reduce the direct sun exposure, however if this doesn't have the required effect you are welcome to contact the BlackVue support team. We may be able to offer a repair option even if the camera is out of warranty.
Feel free to get in touch 9-5 Mon-Fri AWST
08 9267 5167

RicBasked

I bought a second hand 2015 Subaru Outback that has a Blackview front and rear camera which works very well. The problem is that, while the Blackview works well, it disrupts the car’s inbuilt sat nav. I thought that the car’s sat nav was the problem so I took it to my Subaru dealer. They quickly tested the Outback’s sat nav and found that it was not faulty. They found it failed to work accurately due to the Blackview. I have now disconnected the Blackview and the car’s sat nav works perfectly well. I would be grateful for any advice you could provide.
Many thanks,
Ric

Hi Ric,
Thanks for your question, this sounds like the electromagnetic interference from the coax cable could be preventing the sat nav's GPS antenna from acquiring a signal. To confirm this you can try;
1. Ensuring the camera has the latest firmware.
2. Try running the primary camera with the coax cable disconnected.
If only the 2nd option works please contact BlackVue Australia so we can organise a replacement cable. The replacement cable will need to be routed differently (through the floor panels as far away from the GPS antenna as possible) to avoid any interference.
Please feel free to contact our support team Mon-Fri 9-5 AWST if any questions.

RicB

I have disconnected the rear camera and all is well. The car GPS is now working perfectly. Thanks for the advice.

Frank

Frankasked

Hi, I have had the 1ch version for 3 years now and love it. My question is - can you protect event files manually on this model and if so, how? Thanks

Hi Frank,
I am so sorry I cannot answer you. I am only a "buyer" like you are, not a "tech", which is whom you should speak to. Try the Help Centre at BlackVue.

Hi Frank,
Thanks for your question. Both the current premium models (DR750S & DR900S) have the event lock feature which can be configured in settings, however the DR650GW & DR650S do not have this ability. The best way to protect critical files is to download them on to your smart phone, once downloaded the files will remain on your phone permanently until deleted.
Feel free to get in touch if any other questions.

Markasked

Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Can I have it powered up all the time .

Hi Mark,
Thanks for your question.
In short the camera can run continuously, however this is dependent on a suitable power supply.
BlackVue offers 3 power supply options:
1. Power Magic Pro (PMP) This allows the camera to run of the car battery with a voltage cut off, ensuring the car will start upon return. Typical run time approx 4 hours.
2. B-112 Auxiliary battery will allow 6 hours of run time.
3. B-124 Bluetooth auxiliary battery will allow 17 hours of run time.
The above run time are based on a fully charged battery, the battery need approx 40 mins to fully charge.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.

Mark

Thank you, I'll look into one of these

kamagloireasked

Single Camera DR650S-1CH

Coming up to 3 years. No complaints, even when switching phones. I am disappointed though with it apparently not being able to utilise the cloud. The 2ch and above models apparently do, but if the 1ch does... I haven’t been able to get it to work. :(

Hi Kamagloire,
Thanks for your questions. Both 1Ch and 2Ch DR650S models are cloud compatible. Please feel free to get in touch with our full time support team to assist with setting up your cloud connection. 9-5 Mon-Fri AWST

kamagloire

Ok, I’ll give that a go. Thanks.

Gave it a go. Some nice chap 2 hours in the past (AWST) solved it clearly within 5 minutes. Now it’s time to buy a BlackVue battery. - smiley face

ShagShag

ShagShagasked

Hi there,
In June 2016, I purchased two DR650GW-2CH for my wife and myself. Now I'm having issues with them.
About a week ago, mine stopped working, only the blue GPS light is on and it doesn't record anymore.
My wife's one when I remove the power it switches off without shutting down.
Could you please help?
Thanks!

Hi ShagShag,
Thanks for your question and sorry to hear that your camera is having these issues. Can I suggest trying to format your microSD card in a PC and double check that all the file shave been deleted.
Furthermore, feel free to call our support team on 08 6267 5167 and they should be bale to offer some more extensive troubleshooting.

Myshelleasked

How does this dash cam get a award ?

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Myshelle, great question, according to ProductReview in order to be eligible for an award, a product or a service must meet these requirements:
Listed in a selection of the most popular categories on ProductReview.com.au
Full retail availability to the Australian public for most of 2018
A minimum average rating of 4.1 stars on 31st October 2018
10 or more approved reviews written and approved between November 1st 2017 to October 31st 2018

From this nomination list, our team performs qualitative analyses and metric comparisons to gauge a sentiment score in determining a winner for a category. In particular, the proportion of 5-star to 1-star reviews is taken into account, with more weight being given to reviews written in the last 12 months. In cases where the sentiment score is very close we may award multiple listings within the category.

Hope this helps answer your question :)
Auto BlackBox Pty Ltd.

Davidasked

I've recently had a dr750s fitted. It stopped working. Technican had to replace it with a new one. My problem . now it dosent recognize the new ssid.
when I'm pairing it to my phone. It still recognises the old camera.

Im unable to get access to the original ssid to set to forget

Any suggestion on how to delete the old ssid

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi David, great question, just confirm this is a DR750S? As you have listed it under DR650S.
If it is the DR750S, it sounds like the microSD card was swapped form the old unit to the new unit, carrying over the old SSID and password. I suggest resetting the SSID/Password by holding down the WiFi button for 5 seconds, then releasing, then press once.
Let me know if this resolves your issue.

David

Thankyou Tom your suggestion was applied and problem solved with thanks David

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Great to heart David, don't forget to leave a review if you don't mind :)

Swapnil D.

Swapnil D.asked

Hi,
I bought a BlackVue DR650GW Dash cam from someone on a facebook Market place. And they didnt provide me with any power cord and the cord to connect the rear cam to the front. So stupid of me that I didnt check before buying believing that she wont cheat me. Please help as I paid her $200 and now she is not replying my messages. What else do I need to get it running and where can I buy those cords

Hi Swapnil D.
The only help I can give you is to contact autoblackbox at (support@autoblackbox.com.au) they might have the spares you are looking for. I am only a purchaser like yourself, not a tech or dealer.
Their address is - AUTO BLACKBOX PTY LTD, 13 Pearson Way, Osborne Park WA 6017.
p: +61 (8) 6267 5167 f: +61 (8) 6267 5166.

Pawel zdankiewicz

Pawel zdankiewiczasked

Single Camera DR650S-1CH

hello I bought a camera BLACKVUE DR650S-1ch I can not register it on a cloud serial number is D65SS1FBE02360 cloud number 5LMWNJ2B5D4VJ4 each time shows exceeded time limit or that the camera is already registered - and her application can not see if you can help me thank you

BlackVue Australia T.BlackVue

Hi Pawel, best thing to do is email the manufacturer who controls the BlackVue Cloud Service, they can be reached on cs@pittasoft.com and they will be able to check the registration details for you.

Sam S.

Sam S.asked

Hi, I've removed my SD card to review an impact however it only has the footage for the 3 - 4 of the month when i need today being the 6th of the same month?

Tassie Devil

I am only a "buyer" of this Dash Cam, not an agent or supplier.
Have you checked the date settings on the SD card to make sure you have Australia and the correct time for each state?
I do know that if you have your settings on the SD card at "HD" then you have limited time before it re-uses the card. Try putting your card in your computer/Ipad etc. and changing the setting to a lower quality. I think there are 3 or 4 settings that will reduce the quality of the footage but increase the time before it overwrites the SD card.
Unfortunately I think it's too late for you to recover that impact this time!
Try contacting the suppliers at : support@autoblackbox.com.au

Regards
Tasssie Devil

Raybinasked

Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Are Blackvue going to address (with a firmware update) the totally oversensitive "Motion Detection" as used for the PARKING MODE on the DR650GW -2CH units. I believe they have the same issue with nearly all of the models including the latest range. Even when set to the very least sensitive setting the camera still records almost full time to the SD Card- which is pretty useless when in Parking mode. It will pick up a blade of grass moving at 100Metres!!! and record it!!! why can't this be addressed?

Hi Raybin,
Unfortunately the manufacturer has advised us, the Australian Distributor, that they will not be releasing firmware updates for the DR650GW and DR650S range any more. We are equally frustrated at this decision, but it is out of our control. It may be worth emailing them and giving your feedback directly, they may take it on board and reconsider the decision to not release further updates. Some customers have had positive results by turning motion detection OFF, but increased the G sensor sensitivity.

Hi Raybin,
I think BlackVue Australia has answered your question. I am not a rep, agent etc. for BlackVue. I just happened to have bought 2 Dash Cams for our cars a couple of months ago and left a feedback for them. Now I keep getting questions of all sorts about problems and stuff that I know nothing about, but just give contact details of BlackVue Australia.
Sorry I cannot help. :(
Regards
Tassie Devil.

Blackvue,
Well, i guess that says it all. I can waste my time banging my head against an unmovable brick wall or i can continue to write honest reviews on every available consumer website and social media page that i can regarding the total unsuitability for purpose that their product exhibits.
The 3 major functions that would be required of parking mode: ( in my opinion)
1) Record to SD card activity near your car- for the purpose of recording possible malicious scratch events- NOT GOING TO BE POSSIBLE IF YOU TURN MOTION DETECTION OFF!
2) Minimise the possibility of "REAL EVENT" Overwrite on the SD Card- NOT POSSIBLE AS THE UNIT RECORDS PRACTICALLY 100% OF THE TIME
3) Record events such as collision damage- YES IT CAN DO THIS BUT MAY WELL BE OVERWRITTEN DUE TO THE OVER-SENSITIVITY OF THE MOTION DETECTION FIRMWARE.
I am just one of many whom are complaining about this- it is time for everyone to write as many reviews in as many places as possible- i for one would not ever consider buying or recommending one of the BLACKVUE systems and have currently persuaded many to avoid buying one of this brand.

Squizzy

Squizzyasked

Single Camera DR650GW-1CH

Where to buy around Adelaide. My post code is 5045. I am not too sure the difference between the W os the S model.

Hi Squizzy,
Firstly the "W" is now a discontinued model, so no worries there. They must have a newer version available.
I live in Tassie and bought mine from NSW, this is the site : www.sparesbox.com.au.
They were fantastic, great mob to deal with and very helpful. On top of that it was a quick delivery too.
Some of the best "deals" are on the "net" so shop around and see what you can find.
I got our 2 cars fitted by an Auto Electrician, hard-wired not plugged in, starts a couple of minutes after turning on the ignition, talks to you to tell you it's working :)
Hope this helps.
Tassie Devil.

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives