4BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S Questions & Answers

Verified🏆 2024 Award
Lyndal D.
Lyndal D. · DR650GW / DR650S

we are trying to locate the password for our blackvue we tried blackvue does not work does anyone else knows what it may be we have used before but cant remember and now we cant get into the app

Ray
Ray · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I have a new DR650gw but the front camera playback is upside down and the small letters are mirrored

Peter B
Peter B · DR650GW / DR650S

My DR650GW 2 Ch appears to be recording, but I cannot see the recorded footage on my iPhone 12. When I try to connect via the BlackVue Wi-Fi the phone app keeps looping me through the setup process. Could the problem be that I have to switch off the Apple Car Play on the phone to access the recorded footage via Wi-Fi?.....Thanks

Ken
Ken · DR650GW / DR650S

Front screen turned in black since last week while the back one can still be observed, is that mean the product can no longer function?

Blair J
Blair J · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I have started getting a continuous loop of messages saying 'initialising sd card, please do not disconnect the power, restarting', then it turns turns off, powers back up , only to repeat.

Latest in a long line of issues with this blackvue system. Seriously regretting getting it.

Any help appreciated

BlackVue   DM

Hi Blair, Thanks for reaching out to us, this could indicate an issue with the units firmware or the SD card itself.
We would recommend getting the SD card formatted and then placing the legacy firmware onto the SD card, this can be downloaded from the link below.
external link

Once on the SD card insert it into the camera to apple the firmware.
If the issue still persists please try an alternate SD card with the camera or reach out to us for further assistance.

Bryan
Bryan · Single Camera DR650GW-1CH

After firmware upgrade V1.004 camera restarted with GPS and REC flashing then the lady said restarting....then only GPS light on.....it seems like it requires a total reboot to free it up...is there a way to do this.

Kim C
Kim C · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My black view has suddenly started say ‘voice recording off’ followed by ‘restarting voice recording’ many times in a row! Why? It’s run the battery down twice overnight.

malcy
malcy · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

my camera worked up till dec20. since then red and blue light on and no wifi. have formatted sd card and downloaded firmware upgrade. says upgrading and restarts and still blue and red light on and no wifi displayed although the blue wifi light is on

Leo Sheppard

Heya, best to give Black Vue Australia a call. I think your firmware install has stuffed up.

I’ve found the support team to be extremely helpful!

Phone Support
08 6267 5167
Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm (WST)

BlackVue   DM

Hi Malcy, We are sorry to hear of the issues being experienced with your BlackVue camera.
It definitely sounds like there is something going on, it would be best to reach out to our support team on 08 6267 5167 or support@blackvue.com.au
We can then troubleshoot this issue further and get it resolved.

Amy D.
Amy D. · DR650GW / DR650S

Purchased a car with an DR650GW-1CH camera. It powers on and all lights turn on (record,GPS and wifi), but can't connect to the camera's wifi. I doesn't appear in the network list. Tried an android and iPhone.

Please help

Hi Amy
Please try starting your car, wait for the lights you mentioned to reach their steady state. My cam makes an announcement saying its recording. Maybe yours does too? At that point, find the wifi button, near the power cable, I believe, press and briefly hold and then release… should be wifi on announcement.
Or
Shut down car, remove power lead to cam, wait for shut announcement. Remove the small sdcard and place into your computer. Using black vue pitta soft software, reset your settings, including wifi network name and password. Saving these should wipe the old.
Or Call Black Vue in Perth. They are the local tech support.

BlackVue   DM

Hi Amy, Sorry to hear of the issues being experienced with your system.
Are all lights solid or flashing and is there any audio accompanying the system?

Feel free to reach out to our support team, we can be contacted on 08 6267 5167 or you can email us directly on support@blackvue.com.au

Chris H
Chris H · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

My Camera has been working fine for years, recently it was moved to a new car, and and auto electrician hardwired it to the car so it can record all the time.
This has been working fine for about a month and then today I have noticed that the camera is not broadcasting WiFi and all three LEDs are flashing on the back of the unit.

Googling this has not found any solution, has anyone seen this before and what can I do to fix it?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Chris, Is there any audio that is accompanying these symptoms?
If you power the camera with no SD Card inserted does the camera behave the same way or react differently?

KylieL · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I just got this product and I am wondering is it normal for the white light to stay on after car is parked, locked etc at night? Sorry just new to it and can’t seem to find a yes or no answer to if it’s meant to be doing it.

Travelling Sparky
Travelling Sparky

Yes it is set by default in your app, but you can disable it if you want. It is a visual deterrent to would-be car thieves or vandals that you have an active camera watching over your car. In the Blackvue app you can choose whether you want the front and rear lights visible in parking mode.

Awesome thanks so much!

Ali F.
Ali F.

How to turn off white light dash cam when I park night light always stay own plz guide in app

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ali, For the DR650GW-2CH camera make sure you are running the latest firmware V2.011. Once updated you can then connect to your camera and go to Firmware settings -> Other -> Security LED -> and then switch the Parking Mode LED option to off. If there are any issues please let us know.

John · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Not happy.....Invalid system configuration...seems to be a real issue after reading all the comments on here.
Mine is now doing the same.....I have SanDisk extreme pro sd cards...same as I use in my drones....

Worked great until a couple of weeks ago....Have tried multiple times via my computer too re install the firmware.......

Nothing is working.....camera has only been used for around two years....not a cheap purchase yet cheap results.

Any suggestions please blackvue....and don't tell me it's the sd card as SanDisk are top quality and worked fine until now

BlackVue   DM

Hi John, Thanks for reaching out to us.
When reinstalling the firmware does the camera take it and then still produce the error message?
Could you also advise what firmware you have on your system?

John

Yep it does take it....then does it thing and gets to I initialising the sd card....then fails saying invalid system configuration......

It was working fine up till a couple of weeks ago

BlackVue   DM

Hi John, Thanks for letting us know.
Could you please try the firmware on the link below to see if it resolves the issue.
external link

If the issue still persists we will need to arrange to have the system looked into to resolve the issue.

Roberto A.
Roberto A. · Dual Camera

Hi,
I have a Blackvue DR650S camera set.
The dash cam is working and recording, but the rear cam is not recording at all.
I upgraded the firmware to 1.014 to see if that would resolve it, but has not.
I checked the logs and it says that the rear sensor failed.
Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Roberto, Thanks for reaching out to us.
For rear camera issues there are 3 things that could cause the camera to not connect.
The front cameras MCX port has had the white ring pierced, this will stop power flow to the rear camera.
The coax cable on either the front or rear ends has had the pin snapped or bent.
Or the rear camera has faulted and will not power.

If you can check the front cameras MCX port and the coax cable pins and confirm they are fine then we can assist with looking into the rear camera.
Please advise.

A lucky escape · DR650GW / DR650S

Hi, I have a DR650S - 2CH. the blue GPS light remains on but other than that, nothing works. I've reformatted the disk and installed the latest software but when I plug it into the camera and turn power on, nothing changes. Can you suggest a fix?

BlackVue   DM

Hi, It sounds like the camera is freezing before it is able to startup and record.
Can you advise if the same behavior occurs when the camera is powered with no SD Card inserted?
This would help isolate if the camera is the cause or if that SD card is the cause of the issue.

A lucky escape

Hi, it is exactly the same with or without SD even tried two other SDs that worked previously. Blue GPS light comes on immediately when powered up and then nothing changes.

BlackVue   DM

Hi, Thanks for letting us know.
Unfortunately this would indicate a fault with the system itself.
We would advise having the unit sent for a repair to have this rectified.
Please follow our returns procedure on the link below.
external link
If there is any questions please let us know.

What will the cost be?

BlackVue   DM

Hi, When the system is received we will be able to provide an accurate cost on the repair as we will identify the component causing the freezing.
However the repair costs for this system vary between $70-$120.
These repair prices included return freight to yourself and also come with a 6 month repair warranty.

A lucky escape

Hi Chaim, I got my cameras back today and they seem to be working perfectly. Thanks for your help and attention, I appreciate it. Have a great day and stay safe!

Craig K · DR650GW / DR650S

I keep getting "Wifi active fail" message when i turn the car on... this stays on for about 30 mins and then seems to disappear or if i turn the ignition off and back on again... driving me crazy.. can you help please?
Craig

BlackVue   DM

Hi Craig, Thanks for reaching out with you query.
Is this an error message the camera is audibly producing or does this occur on the phone as a pop up?
Can you confirm that "WiFi active fail" is the exact message occurring?
If you would like assistance over the phone we can be contacted on the number below.

Craig K

Yes from the camera itself

BlackVue   DM

Hi Craig, Thanks for confirming.
The camera does have a few voice lines it can produce related to, these are "WiFi Off", "WiFi On" and "WiFi Hotspot Unavailable" if you can advise which one of these 3 messages is occurring we will be able to assist further.

Craig K

None...Wi-Fi active failed it says

BlackVue   DM

Hi Craig, Apologies for the delays in our response.
I have reached out to the manufacturer to receive a list of voice commands the DR650GW/DR650S will produce.
While this exact phrase is not mentioned in the list the closest I have found is "Failed to connect. Incorrect direct Wi-Fi password.".
Personally I have not heard this phrase be announced before but could you try altering the units default password to see if it resolves the error message on your end?
If this still persists please send through a video file of the camera with the message being announced or a recording with the message occurring.
This can be sent on the website below.
external link
Once the file has been received we will assist further.

Will do

Abubaker M.
Abubaker M. · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

I used to have internet in my car and connection was ok. But now I don't have the internet in my car and it does not get connected to my Samsung S8+. I have tried different ways to connect it wirelessly but the app keeps crashing can you help me please? Do I always have to have the internet to coneect to the dash cam? Thanks

BlackVue   DM

Hi Abubaker, The BlackVue cameras will not require an internet connection unless you are trying to connect via the cloud.
If you are connecting via local WiFi to the system just open your phones WiFi settings and select the BlackVue network.
Once connected open the BlackVue App and select WiFi.
If there is any error messages during this process please advise so we can assist further.
We can also be contacted on 08 6267 5167 or emailed at support@blackvue.com.au

Ramon Miller
Ramon Miller · DR650GW / DR650S

Blackvue dr650gw-2ch starts normal recording for about 5 minutes then stops and reboots. I've disk checked the SD card and reformatted it but same problem.
Is my dashcam kaput?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Ramon, Thanks for reaching out.
It could potentially be an issue with a specific sector on the SD card.
We would advise trying an alternate SD card to see if the same issue occurs.
If the same issue does occur, please reach out to us via support@blackvue.com.au or we can be contacted on 08 6267 5167 between Mon-Fri, 9AM-5PM WST.

Jan p.
Jan p. · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Why is the light not going out on my back BlackVue camera

PhilR123
PhilR123

What light?

BlackVue   DM

Hi Jan, If there is a light on your BlackVue system then it would indicate that the camera is currently receiving power.
If you are able to advise which light specifically then we can advise what it is indicating.

David C.
David C.

Hi Jan, the lights mean your device is on and recording it the gps is currently active and the WiFi function is also active. Without knowing what light, it’s difficult to answer however seeing any light is a good sign.

Cyberstalker
Cyberstalker  · Dual Camera DR650GW-2CH

Recently purchased a car with this camera,I removed the Blackvue sd card and the camera hasn't recorded anything since 2018!
The front white light is on and the blue and red lights are also on,when I try and press the button to turn the Wifi on/off nothing happens as well.
So in other words the power is on but there's no one home,help please?!

BlackVue   DM

Hi Cyberstalker, Thanks for reaching out to us.

If the system is showing lights but they are solid then it does confirm power is coming in but the camera is freezing on startup.
This could be caused by the cameras SD Card or the camera itself.

We would advise powering the camera with no SD Card inserted to try and isolate which component is the cause of the issue.
If the camera boots and says "No SD Card" then it would indicate that the SD Card was the cause and we would advise getting a new SD card.
If the same issue persists then it would indicate that the camera is the cause.
If it is the camera please let us know so that we can assist further to resolve the issue.

If assistance is required with performing these steps please reach out to us on the number below.

Harman A.
Harman A. · DR650GW / DR650S

Hi team I got dr650 ms and dr 950s 4K camera what is biggest sd card I can use is it compatible for 256 gb for longer storage ?? please Advice

BlackVue   DM

Hi Harman, The DR650 is only rated to a 128GB SD card, while the DR900S can handle up to a 256GB SD card.

08 6267 5167

Get an answer from our members and BlackVue representatives

Select a listing for your question
BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S

Extra Information

ProductReview.com.au award logo

BlackVue DR650GW / DR650S is a ProductReview.com.au Awards Winner for 2024, 2023, 2019, 2018 and 2017. Learn more