Blundstone

Blundstone

See the Best Footwear in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Blundstone 992 Boots.

Likes:
Heavy duty side zip, high ankle support is solid! they are comfortable from the moment you fit them, removable inner sole for washing, and generous tread pattern ideal for muddy sites!
Heavy duty lace guides, aggressive look.

Designed in Australia, made in Vietnam.

Dislikes:
At first high ankle support was uncomfortable when walking long distances,
Not much of a rear pull up tab to pull boots on.
Velcro tab that holds zip up would be better as a push button.

Paid $165 so don't spend $199!

Product Appearance As advertised

Greate Products (140 and 1306)

Hi There!

I usually don't write reviews, however, this company more then deserves my time and my enthusiasm to get over myself and go write one. Not only did I have a fantastic experience with my "old" 140's from the getgo (and still have), but I have also experienced the most amazing and never thought to be still around after-sale customer service for my new 1306's.

This company, in my opinion, is nothing short of a quality Business in either, it's products nor it's customer service.
Thank you for all your help, time and generosity. It is truly a very rare quality experience to have these days.

Five-star-rating from me without any hesitation!

Sizing Slightly large
Product Appearance As advertised

Not as good as they use to be.

I have worn blunnies for years till the sole wore out. Bought a new pair and the sole crumbled away. Took a punt and purchased another pair only to have the sole crack right through. Old boots lasted years, I don't know what brand to buy now.

Be careful of old stock

Style 985 mining work boots, leather cracking after 2 days of wearing. Checked production date of boots and found them to be 3 years old. Called Blundstone boots and was directed to fill out their warranty form online. 2 days later, new boots arrived. Thumbs up for easy replacement of my boots. Time will tell if these last.

Update - Blundstone's second boots cracked in the exact same place as the first. They then told me they were working on new better leather and I could buy more boots when they launched their new product.

This isn't good enough Blundstone. I want boots that don't crack after 2 weeks.

I recommend that you buy any other boots, not Blundstone.

Terrible Quality. Terrible Customer Service

Purchased a pair of 992 Zip up series boots which I wear every day but not in a harsh or dirty environment. I do building Inspections I’m not in mining or similar.

Within 6 months the lining was all torn and pulling out. Within 12 months the sole was worn through in places and the upper was starting to tear. Within 18 months the sole was coming away from the upper. I’ve also had the zip pop apart several times

These are $190 work boots. They are expensive and supposed to be fit for a purpose more heavy duty than they experience with me. In my opinion they are complete rubbish.

The icing on the cake is that the customer service is also rubbish. A faulty product can be forgiven but only if the service makes up for it. I submitted a warranty claim which I know was received as I got a confirmation email saying so and someone would be contacting me. Never heard from them again.

Best boots on the market

After wearing all types and makes of work boots over the last 30 years I found Blundstone 792 zip side boots are the best most comfortable boots on the market. I work in a foundry and it's a rough environment but these boots last and are super comfortable..

Shocking. Never before met a pair of boots or shoes where the soles came to pieces.

Bought a pair of womens' boots a few years ago.Seemed good at the the time Used them intermittently. Started using them again a few weeks ago. The soles are disintegrating, Bits come off, parts turn to mush. Am going to throw them away.

Best work boot I had till now.

Blundstone boots black style 994, it is very comfortable boot with solid built and easy on feet to wear whole day. I Wore it rough, boot structure provide good ankle and foot support. After using for 2 year, long use, internal foam started wearing off. I will recommended anyone looking for to get good working boot.

Did not last

I bought your boots their years ago and kept them in great condition. I would wear them around once a month.

I had brain surgery in 2014 so did not wear them much. I then tried to wear them recently hiking and the soles completely disintegrated.

Very inconvenient. I emailed their customer support but they were unsympathetic.

Good, not sure about the life expectancy

Review is for Blundstone 992 150mm Ankle Zip Safety Boot:
Pretty comfortable right from the start, pretty good levels of grip (deal with lots of slippery surfaces at work).
Zips lasted, one was getting a little sticky at the bottom of it travel, but that is without doing any of the suggested maintenance to keep the zip clean, so no complaint there, and zip was still operational.
Did quite make it through 2 years, the boot split across the forefoot. Sole was reasonably worn (but then I've worn the soles out of other boots without that happening). Didn't notice until started getting a wet foot, then found on closer inspection. Been a while since safety boots were my everyday footwear, and in a fairly harsh environment I guess (time will tell how long my next pair of boot last) to make a fair comparison as to if this was a premature failure, but split before I ware out the tread would suggest it is.

Excellent customer service and product

The customer service I received when swapping sizes and purchasing these boots was excellent. I bought the style 992 boots and they are extremely comfortable, great design and everything I could want. I can't recommend Blundstone enough - 5 stars!

Great Boots

Just purchased a new pair of Blundstone 550 comfort boots. Another great buy. Super comfy, hard wearing and look great. These are the third pair I have had and would always buy again.

Poor quality cheap material

Sticking and zipper broke after 5 months not just ripped in one place several stitches came loose $200 boots not worth it called about warranty that’s just as bad had to chase for a response avoid like the plague

Less than 3 months of use

I purchased a pair which cost $129 from Sears work wear Canberra. I wore then 2 to 3 times a week for 3 months and the sole split in 2. The upper was fine almost like new but around the edge and sole was hopeless.

The Best

I used to wear other boots, but none where wide enough for my foot. Bring on Bundstone 141's. I walk anything for 5ks to 10ks each day. I drag my left foot a bit, and that wears down the heel a bit, but aside from that, for comfort and something that's not going fall apart after 2 months, these fit the bill well. I go through 2 pairs a year.

Absolutely comfortable.

I wear these all day, every day. They are soft enough for my old aching feet.
I keep a pair for rough work and a second pair for "dress up".

Bad boot for the price

Have a pair of high side rigger boots and a pair of high side lace up work boots both have fallen to bits heal starting to fall of all the plastic parts rotting and only 16 months old have a back up pair of steel cap boot brand Oliver they are 4 years old and still not falling to bit if you want pics I can send

I find them really uncomfortable

I purchased blundstone boots after reading several reviews and wanted them to be great but found them very uncomfortable - especially in the heel area. I still wore them for a few months as I paid allot of money for them but just never found them comfortable. On the plus side they do look good but just don't fit or seem to offer the support that other work boots I've bought have.

Pick So Far

This review is for Blundsone's 141 boot only. This boot is no longer available.

This is the 4th safety boot brand I've tried, Mack (Dingo), Ascent (Alpha), Bata (Patriot) and now Blundstone (141).

Here's the hype:
Steel Toe Cap
Style 141 is part of Blundstone's range of Xfoot™ Safety Boots. Xfoot™ is Blundstone's premium range of general safety work boots.

Black nubuck leather upper, lace up safety boot with cordura mesh inserts.
All new wider fit.
Padded collar and tongue.
Breathable, moisture wicking lining.
Polyurethane midsole, thermo urethane (TPU) outsole - 6mm tread -oil, acid & organic fat resistant - highly resistant to abrasion, hydrolysis and microbial attack - heat resistant to 140°C.
Steel shank for maximum torsional stability.
Broad fitting 200 Joule impact resistant Type 1 steel toe cap.
Moulded TPU heel guard.
Luxury PU footbed with arch support and the revolutionary PORON® XRD™ which provides extra cushioning and absorption/redirection of shock with every step taken. The footbed is also anti-bacterial, breathable and washable
SPS MAX-PORON®XRD™ in the heel and forepart strike zones for increased shock protection.
Certified to: Standard AS/NZS 2210.3.2009 - Classification 1-ID 2815
Certified to: Standard ASTM F2413-11 including electrical shock resistance. (Clause 5.5)
AU Sizing: 5-13, 7.5-10.5

As with the others, I've used 2 pairs of the boots before reviewing.

I'd prefer composite toe but the 141s have been my choice of boot so far.

Comfort - they are comfortable and supportive and there's been absolutely no pain e.g severe achilles pain from one of the other brands I tried. They have a steel shank which strengthens the sole of the boot. They come in a 1/2 size which is the same length as the full size but wider e.g 9 vs 9 1/2. For me this is good.

Cost - at $120 they're at the lower end of the boots I've tried and that makes them very good value for mine.

Durability - I get about 9+ months out of the 141, which makes the 141s my longest lasting boots. And it's a gradual breakdown of the boots so you can get longer out of them.
- Ascent Alphas ($200) lasted me 6 1/2 months....twice.
- Bata Patriots (once they reach their use by date) literally fall apart while they're on your feet.

Warranty - something like a 2 year warranty which for me isn't relevant as a pair won't last me that long.

Just over 9 months is the longest I've got out of a pair of safety boots and considering there's no ill effects, and their cost, I'm satisfied with the 141s.

Will I buy again, yes, as long as 141s are available, that's what I'll be buying.

2017.....sadly, no longer available :(