Bonds

Bonds

1.8

Why does my singlet stink

Have you changed the way your singlets are made ?

I have been wearing bonds singlets for the last 16yrs and this last batch I purchased has developed a foul odour and no it’s not body odour ( I’m all about personal hygiene). Straight out the washing machine they stink and cause other clothes washed with them to smell which now requires me to hand wash them to avoid this issue. I’ve tried different washing liquids and nothing is getting rid of this smell

These singlets are 4 months old and honestly it’s frustrating as they aren’t exactly cheap

Rachel

RachelSydney, NSW

Poor quality

Have bought Bonds since my children were babies. Over the past couple of years the quality has declined. Boys trunks stretch to a whole new size within a couple of months. Started buying smaller sizes to counteract this problem, but then holes started appearing within a couple of months too. Simply not good enough. Such a shame!

Big Pete

Big PeteGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Bad experience with packaging and face mask

Packaging leaked black dye over everything when I opened the branded parcel. The one size fits all Covid face mask did not fit me, way too small. No refund forthcoming. Big fail from an iconic brand, won't be buying undies from Bonds again

Store LocationBonds online club

Alex

AlexGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Bizarre sizing

Never shop BONDS again

I found the customer service team to be unhelpful.
As a customer I expect some level of help and understanding.
I have been a long time Bonds customer but have seen the Quality in products drop

3 weeks

it’s been 3 weeks and they havnt even shipped out my items yet, absolutely unbelievable, i have never experienced a service so bad, also impossible to get into contact with them, winter is gonna be over by the time i get my trackies lol

Sherilee Gambie

Sherilee GambieSouth East Queensland, QLD

INACCURACY in sizing your PRODUCTS - REFUND ME

Store LocationONLINE

Face Mask

Absolutely horrible. So poorly made. They dont fit or protect the face in anyway. I bought the mutipacks. Do not reccomend at all. Very dissapointed with the purchase. Awful just awful.

Store LocationBonds online
Fleur Harrington

Fleur HarringtonSydney, NSW

very badly made women's briefs

I have bought probably close to 100 pairs of briefs/boylegs etc.. they look amazing and the fit is great, however all but about 5 pairs i haven't yet worn get holes in the fabric very quick. They are not made from 100% cotton. Always had issues with the seams coming apart within about 6mths. While their full busted bras are amazing in both design and fit, but the briefs are very sub standard. I take no pleasure in giving feedback like this, but having purchased at least 100 pairs ( my purchases were large and i didn't have the time to wear the undies in the first couple of orders. Would never purchase bonds undies again. I

Store Locationonline always

Gigreat

GigreatGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Rejecting orders without explanation

I and friends still don't understand that the orders were refunded without explanation, assuming they have lack of stocking system?? We were using proper $10 gift card from Bonds that no one else can use it, and never refunded. What a professional online business.
Tried to contacted them, without any reply. Just a waste of time.
We will avoid bonds in the future. Many stores offering better products and service out there.
What a great experience

Store LocationBonds Online
mr aussie

mr aussieSydney

Bonds "Rio" NO holes socks,

I purchased 3 pairs of Rio Mens No Hole Work Crew socks from Bonds online, I have worn these Claimed " NO HOLES SOCKS" 3 times they have a hole already, even my normal no-name brand socks last up to 12 months with very little wear.

The quality is rubbish and they claim they are NO hole is false.

Store LocationBONDS Online

trash service

Advertised a 16pack of socks, 4 pairs arrived, emailed bonds and they said "it was a site error and our t&c's state we dont have to honor it" Thats fine, not a problem but they could've sent out emails advising of the glitch and offered a refund instead of expecting customers to wait for their items, go out of their way to return them and then wait for a refund.

Jenna H.

Jenna H.Greater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

If only 0 stars were an option..

Sizing Slightly large
Shawn

Shawn

Socks and Underwear

I was an avid buyer of Bonds socks and underwear. However, over the past couple of years the underwear shrinks and lasts only a couple of months before holes start appearing. This is the same with the socks. They only last a month or two and then they start falling apart. I'm now going to buy Australian socks even if I have to pay four times as much. It won't be hard for them to last ten times longer.

Awful customer service

Possibly the worst customer service I have ever experienced 13 weeks waiting for a delivery. Have sent countless emails back and forth with no outcome. I hate posting these things online but no one seems to want to be accountable in the customer services team. Really disappointing for such a well known brand

Allan

Allan

"Poor Man Pays Twice"

"Chinese garbage"
I've been buying Bonds underwear and T-shirts for at least 20 years. I stuck with Bonds when they began outsourcing to China, but frankly the time has come to move on.
When originally made in Australia I used to get 10-12 months out of a pair of "Fit" or "Guyfront" Trunks.

Now I'm lucky to get 6 months. As for the T-shirts, they're absolutely garbage. Two washes on gentle and they lose their shape and look old.
Just as DrMartens decided to shift their production to China, which saw the quality of their boots decline dramatically, so too Bonds have made the decision to favour cost over quality.

Bonds and other consumers, as per the heading. Poor man does pay twice or even three times.

Store LocationOnline

Not what it used to be, way overpriced for the quality

Bonds used to be fair value for money when their clothing was budget priced. You'd accept the fact colours would fade and t-shirts would go out of shape because the prices were so low. These days the prices are ridiculous for the quality. I mean $35 - $40 for a t shirt?? There's much much better quality for lower prices with other brands out there

emily s.

emily s.Sydney, NSW

Lacking quality

I purchased two pairs of stockings and two basic log sleeve tops.

The stockings aren’t made for women with hips... I got the right height although it’s like it’s for a child!

The stockings also made a run within 3 hours of wearing it.

The tops are made for people with short arms (if that’s even a thing) and the sleeves stop about 4cm before the wrist. The white colour is also somewhat transparent.

I’d shop elsewhere for the same prices.

Sizing Slightly small
Store LocationMacquarie
Bibi

Bibi

Pleasantly surprised

Was quite concerned after reading all the bad reviews of things either not arriving or not being what somebody ordered. BUT! Decided decided to hedge my bets and my order arrived in a week. I am a local in Australia though so that could be why. I've never actually worn Bonds before so can't compare the quality to the old stuff, but so far there's really not much to complain about. Be sure to measure yourself really well and read the reviews to see if sizes run big/small. I'm in between sizes so it's always tricky. Was happy with my order and the stuff fit.

Store LocationBonds online

Atrocious Customer Service

betty T.

betty T.asked

My husband keeps complaining that all the recent bonds underwear -hipster style loses its elastic after one wash. What is going on at Bonds China factory. Is this the new business model of Bonds using cheap inferior prices and selling a poor quality product at an inflated price to make handsome profits and leave their customers with undies hanging at their knees.

Cathy.L
Cathy.L

I agree! Clothing is overpriced for cheap material.. you can find better garments , underwear etc from Kmart!

Not Happy Jan
Not Happy Jan

Bonds is cutting quality for increased profits. Their new range is definitely Sub-Pa. grrr

Gregory M

Gregory Masked

Hi, I have worn bonds singlets all my life. I just about wear them 24/7. So I decided that a colour change would be good a few years back and my good wife purchased a couple of black and grey singlets. I couldn't wear them because the colours other than navy blue are significantly shorter. We went back to the bonds shop let them know and repeated the exercise about 2 years later, same result and we showed the staff the difference again. This month April 2019 we purchased some more and they are still significantly shorter. Open a packet of each colour and check it out for yourself.
Please don't tell me you will refer the matter to the relevant department like the email reply I received from bonds. Size 24/3XL.
My question is why can't you make the singlets the same length.

Ashley M

Ashley Masked

Does anyone elses bonds trackies, jumpers & hoodies have a weird smell to them? I've noticed lots of the bonds clothing items develop a funky smell. None of my other "sweats" type of clothing get this weird smell that my bonds items have. I've tried washing using all different types of washing powder, liquid and fab softeners and the weird smell won't go away. Anyone else experiencing this? (And yes I shower daily, am religious with personal hygiene. antiperspirant & am on top of my laundry.

Sherilee H.
Sherilee H.

I have noticed my bonds trackies have turned into ankle freezers. I don't tumble dry so they must shrink in the wash

Other Underwear Shops & Brands