Booking.com

Booking.com

1.6 from 1,301 reviews

• Trip Completed Yes (176) · No (159)
  • Ease of Booking

Sami Mechkor

Sami Mechkor

Great Booking App & Company

Very fast and easy to book hotels with this app
Had to cancel and they refunded money back without issues.
Very happy and recommend to anyone that needs to book and get good prices.
You can see everything and sort via your location and preference

Stole my money

I made a booking for a hotel. they took the money but I never received a a confirmation email. Booking.com have confirmed they took the money but claim they don't know what for so will not return the money.

Absolutely awful customer service, I am now out of pocket and with nowhere to stay. The hotel have confirmed by booking but will not let me check in without my confirmation email from booking.com, which I have not received.

Mel

MelPerth, WA

Cancelled our hotel then lied to us about it.

Booking.com cancelled our hotel stay for my husbands 40th with no notice. We only found out because I ordered balloons for the room and the hotel told us our accommodation was cancelled by booking.com. Go to call booking.com they have no number to call so I login to the website and it says cancelled by hotel. Now who is lying? Go to contact booking.com via email. No response. Utterly useless. We lost the hotel room and had to book for a less desirable room. Still no response from customer service. First time using this agent, won't be using again ever.

Kim

KimWimmera, VIC

Terrible Customer Service

We booked accommodation 3 months in advance and paid for 3 nights at Sydney Harbour Bed and Breakfast. We trusted Booking.com as we have used the site before. To our disbelief the accommodation was nothing like the description or pictures used on the site. We asked booking.com to help us but they told us to deal with the owner direct and they couldn't do anything for us. We couldn't get refunded by booking.com or the owner and lost $1000.. So very disappointed and we will never use booking.com again

Boot

BootSouth West, WA

Booking.com is incompetent and used my credit card to pay for someone else holiday

We booked accommodation thru bookings .com easily enough then discovered they had used my credit card to pay for someone elses accommodation in another country not remotely anything to do with me. After many many hours chasing bookings.com they choose to do nothing over 3 weeks after taking it to them to rectify. Australian office cant do anything so they say as it was frauded in head office in the Netherlands. We have spoken to a supervisor in Australia who was going to ring back with information and has not done so. In my experiemce i have never come across a fraud on a card that wasnt sorted immediately so be very wary using this company in any form

Vesna

VesnaGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Insane Security Team

I have been using Booking.com service for several years and never had any problems.
But in the past month I kept on receiving emails (every second day) from their Security Team letting me know that they had blocked my account and asking me to reset my password. I don't even remember how many times till now I had to reset my password without any reason, because either their site has a serious glitch or they employ morons to work in security.
Whatever the reason, a frustrating and annoying. I wish they pull themselves together and stop harassing me .

Sue

SueSouth East Queensland, QLD

Shocking service

They have cancelled our booking in London twice in four months at two different hotels without any reason. The first one after a few days and the second one after a month!! Our options are now very limited. Very unprofessional and will never use them again as well as spread the word about the non existent service!

Loyal to good businesses

Loyal to good businessesUnincorporated, VIC

Mid range search engine

It is good to find accom offering breakfasts even if it is packed meal to take to an early morning departure. Breakfast should be rated by users. Free cancellation is great. But in teasing customers for the lowest price the search engine chooses a pay before stay and no cancellation refund hotel. Booking.com wasted people's time and then somebody leap frogs and then the hotel room is lost.

David

DavidSydney, NSW

No cancellation bookings applied fairly inconsistently

2 rooms booked 8 months ago unavailable on arrival

Jessica

JessicaHunter Region, NSW

One bad booking in a bunch

I have booked through this site on more than 10 occasions and have found it both easy for organising holidays as well as a useful cancellation policy. BUT on the one occasion a listing wanted to cancel on me, I found them to be completely inept at dealing with the situation. I had booked a 10 bed home and their solution was to re-book me in two one-bed cabins. When I said this was not good enough and found alternative options on their site, they told me they would only cover 50% of the price difference and only after I had paid the full amount. In the end I cancelled the entire booking and went elsewhere, then had to wait 2 weeks for them to take the hold off my money in my account ($3000 pending that they would not release).

Booking Type Accommodation

Booking.com a big Fraud - Charged my credit card after telling me that car booking was not successful

This is the second time booking.com will charge my card even it states to me while booking that they are not able to complete my booking with the third party. Just was trying to book a car some 2 hours ago, booking was not successful as messaged by booking.com but my credit card was instantly charged, the government need to protect from all these fraudulent middle man online thst does not add any value most especially booking.com

Terrified family

Terrified familyWheatbelt, WA

The hotel was a drug+thug dump.

I booked a stay with my 3 children,under 6. We couldn't stay in those conditions,room smelt of urine,stains every where.fridge warm.windows could not lock,blinds half missing. Manager not contactable. We fled. Booking offered $20 after a wk,as credit for next stay.

no customer service

No Customer Service, no help or assistance after booking is made, No access to a human to help... just a robot
no service no help no assistance no help after the booking.com is made

Robin

RobinSydney, NSW

Booking.com has lost my support

Anon

AnonMid North Coast, NSW

Beware of partner Booking.Basic

Have used Booking.com many times with no problems. Today I made a booking thru Booking.com and they said it was thru their partner Booking.basic. After they took payment they then said the Booking was declined and had refunded the payment. However the fine print says the refund can take 7 days! So they keep my money for 7 days. That seems wrong to me after they offered the deal and took payment. Disappointed with Booking.com for using this ‘partner’

BEWARE! Booking.com will NOT protect you or your credit card

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE

Booked a hotel (and paid for it) in the Gold Coast for my marriage anniversary, upon almost arriving after hours of driving with 3 kids I received a notification that the hotel is now full. The Booking.com team was useless when I called and could not help, they would keep repeating a prewritten response without actually listening.

No problems so far

Booked for a weekend away in Freo, prices were correct. Pier 21 was very good. Had free cancellation, so not sure, if could not go, would have cancelled. Have used them 3 Times, so far has been good

Flo

Flo

Very Disappointed

Booked through booking.com and didn't realize that the booking went to Agoda.
I selected that I have the free cancellation and as it diverted to Agoda after the payment went through there was no cancellation on it with the Agoda logo underneath. What a RIP OFF!
Yet Agoda advertise that their accommodation has free cancellation on all bookings!!
Wont be using either sites again.