Booking.com

Booking.com

1.6 from 1,191 reviews

See the Best Booking Services in 2019 as rated by Australians on ProductReview.com.au.

Bryce

BryceGreater Melbourne (Inner), VIC

Can't get there at together with pet friendly accommodation.

I booked a pet friendly room, as I was travelling with my dog. Get to the accommodation to be told no pet friendly rooms were available for rent and that this was not the first time it had happened. I had to sleep in my car with my dog. I will never use booking.com ever again.

maxwell dayned

maxwell daynedFar North Queensland, QLD

no help

we booked into the chands boutique villa
470 aust dollars a night
when we checked in the room was terrible dirty green pool etc
i contacted booking .com
to see if i could move to some ware else
only got a generated computer reply same answers to different
never again

trevorjacqui

trevorjacquiQueensland

Inconsiderate and use T&C to hide behind

Booking Type Accomodation, Car Hire and Flights
Mira

MiraSydney, NSW

Booking.com scam

Booking have a little scam going on. Your booking does not reach your hotel. They wil take your money than cancel you unexpectedly no reason no refund. Contacted hotel directly to see why I was cancelled. Hotel never got booking. Kept proof of everything. Currently investigating this. Do not use booking.com

Lauren F.

Lauren F.South East Queensland, QLD

Fraudulent - changed my review entirely then published under my name

I reviewed the Sheraton in Seoul this week after a recent stay. I noted a major issue we had with air conditioning and technicians being unhelpful (written politely and factually, as with this review). After finishing my review I was sent an email saying it would be checked by moderators then posted to the site. Tonight I was informed it was now live and the 'moderators' have in fact removed 90 percent of the review and used their own words to describe the stay as 'pleasant' when it simply was not. The company obviously botches reviews to make them appear more favourable in order to get more bookings. Very dishonest.

Anon

AnonSydney, NSW

Inconsiderate, rude & unsympathetic staff.

Jenny-Le H.

Jenny-Le H.Illawarra, NSW

False advertising and rude customer service! Never again!

Received link in a email about discount for attraction, booked then find out that the actual price if book directly with the attraction is actually cheaper by 30%. So a completely ripoff and false advertising from booking.com claiming to give their customer discount? Called their customer service, the guy on the phone wasnt helpful, tell me to wait 24hours for someone to contact me, when I questioned about their claim for 24/7 customer services, why do I have to wait for a call back in 24 hours, he then become rude and said well they picked up the phone when I called, that mean 24/7 customer service!!!! Regardless if the issue get resolved or not and tell me to feel free to use other booking flat form next time!

Booking Type Accomodation and Tour

Worst Company & Worst Customer Service

I thought this company was great until I had to deal with a refund issue. I had to move from two hotels due to the filth of them and bed bugs, The hotels stated that they would have to refund my money through booking.com as that is how it was paid for which sounds completely fine. now I am back in Australia I have not received the refunded money so I tried getting into contact with the company, however they stated that they will not give me the refund. I am now $627 out of pocket.

I thought this was disgraceful so I continued to email them demanding that this is not acceptable, but now they won't even respond to my emails.

So does booking.com just take the refunded money from the hotels and just keep it for themselves?

Russell

RussellVictoria

Too difficult and frustrating.

No refund on resort

We booked accomodation on Hamilton island. My partner had an injury whilst in the island which left him with a broken arm. We had to stay in Proserpine hospital and left us in Airlie beach. We had 5 nigh booked and were only able to stay one night. We had been in contact with booking.com to explain the situation and try to get a refund but would not help us at all. So unfair considering there were 4 nights left on the island at $400 a night.. leaving us out of pocket!!!!!!

tycoelSouth East Queensland, QLD

Be very very careful when dealing with this fraudulent company

Booking made for accom in Singapore March 2019. Completely paid for up front.
Booking.com cancelled booking very early October 2019 saying that it was not legal to host short stay in Singapore. Fair enough..
It is now over 4 weeks later and no refund. Booking.com LIED to me saying that the host needs to pay. Reading their host terms etc it is very clear hosts dont get paid until after stay.

Lukeimyafada

LukeimyafadaCentral, SA

I couldnt give 0 stars

Disgusted Genius custmr

Disgusted Genius custmrGreater Melbourne (Metropolitan), VIC

Unauthorised charges made on my credit card

Dave

DaveSydney, NSW

Advertised price not honoured

First and last time I will use Boking.com. Accepted a hotel option, clearly had the price. After going through the payment process my credit card was charged a higher price. Currently jumping through hoops with there overseas call centre customer service. I even told Customer service, look up your own website, you can still see the advertised price, that's what I agreed to and that's what I want to be charged. First booking site ever to charge a different price to what I clicked and agreed on. Not worth the risk.

Booking Type Accomodation

Beware terms and conditions- no tax receipt provided

Booking.com has refused to provide a tax receipt which means I cannot claim my accommodation expenses. Apparently this was in the fine print, however I do not recall seeing it. Will not use them again!

Booking Type Accomodation

Worst site ever. Misleading and lying

Total scam! Dont use them

Booking Type Accomodation and Car Hire

GLC

GLCSydney, NSW

Unethical behaviour

Booked and paid a taxi via Booking.com and couldn't find the driver on arrival at the airport. Decided to take a different cab given a family of 5 had travelled over 24 hours and were tired. Booking.com refuses to refund me the taxi fare because I didn't have my phone turned on on arrival at the airport. Apparently, I find out after the event. it is a condition to the booking of a taxi! Booking.com refuses to even consider they are in the wrong. Really unethical behaviour and will certainly be using any other online travel agent like tripadvisor and will not be using booking.com ever. And I am letting all friends and family know....

Booking Type Accomodation and Car Hire

Superbunny

SuperbunnyLaunceston, TAS

Be aware not what you think

We used booking.com to book the Hotel Grand Imilchil, in Marrakech, Morocco, in October, and the pictures do not match the booking.com site pictures for the hotel. Just before we arrived I checked some reviews as my wife said it's not given many good reviews. All the things people are saying about this hotel are right on the money and we took pictures to back what I say up. A view of the street rubbish and if you know developing countries this is a big problem, broken bathroom tiles, broken door slides, badly stained bath, and a air conditioner that has not seen a service since [name removed] was a cowboy. We did not expect the world but booking.com does not care and try to contact them for a complaint is near on impossible.

Disappointed with customer service

Got charged extra tax when it says tax and charges included. I wasn't allowed a refund into my bank and it's spoke to 3 supports but the not very good in assisting.