Booking.com

Booking.com

Brand Manager for Booking.com? Register now and take advantage of ProductReview's Brand Management Platform!

• Trip Completed Yes (384) · No (504)
  • Ease of Booking

Lyonwiss
LyonwissSydney, NSW

Shadow of its former self

Crap website

Booking.com a crappy website don't recommend to customers. There services are terrible examples: getting hold of them, no response, not trusting in refunds process. They fast at taking money out of credits card, but not fast at refunding. No a happy person to ever go through them. Explaining your situation over and over to different help service is ridiculous. As I booked a property where I could not attend due to being a close contact person to COVID-19 and they specifically take there time to refunds. Was told refunds will be put back into account 17 May 2022 nothing was done. Then doing my follow up from today since 14 May 2022 they say process take 7-10 days so not trustworthy

Chris B.
Chris B.Sydney, NSW

You Don't Always Get What You Pay For

We booked and paid for a 1 bedroom apartment at a country NSW location. Arrived to be shown a tiny hotel room with not much more than a bed. The property blamed booking.com and booking.com has blamed the property. Neither wants to know about our complaint, but after a few weeks, booking.com offered a $15 credit as "compensation". An insult! Their customer service is basically non-existent - dealing with an overseas call centre using their chat option. Takes up to 5 mins to see a reply to each comment or question. They must be hoping we give up.

MONA
MONA

Scam and misleading information

I chose a room for 2 adults and one child and I paid for it then I found out that the child wasn’t included and I had to pay extra $110 for an extra bed and $22 for breakfast. For me this is a misleading information and I will let the ombudsman know about it ! You can’t trick people so you get the sale !

MP P.
MP P.

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM - Will not send you a confirmation email and will charge your card!

EVERYONE PLEASE BOOK DIRECTLY WITH THE VENUE ONLY!

Booking.com failed to send me a confirmation email but still deducted funds from my card anyway. These people will do anything they can to hang on to their commission, hire parrots to apologise 1000 times but never any follow through, will never send you any email to reply to with proof of charge.

Tried to request a chargeback but they will certainly provide a booking confirmation (which they have on their system, but will never send to you) - resulted in a failed chargeback and had to complain to customer service with my bank.

Out of pocket $500 in the pandemic!! Never ever ever ever again!

Booking.com is full of crooks!!!

Frustrated
FrustratedMelbourne

No existent customer service

I have used booking.com for years and not had many issues. I booked a hotel in Australia, paid on an australian card, however they processed it overseas and it resulted in additional international transaction fees. I tried to contact Customer service to get a refund (for the international fees) many times, got cut off multiple times/fobbed off told to send info I have already sent. In short they would not help said they don't refund international fees. Tried to lodge a complaint through their online form, cannot find the property id they require anywhere - put a confirmation # in and it just would not submit - in short they have made it so you can't contact them/complain etc. this never used to be the case...not impressed.

Peter BYrne
Peter BYrneSydney Surrounds, NSW

Complain till you drop

I booked accommodation with booking.com and received their confirmation.At the property i was charged an extra $50 which Ipaid.Obviously Booking.com had made an error. I emailed them <no easy task>including copies of all relevant receipts and requested a refund of the difference.Seventeen emails and replies later I have given up. They did not address any questions or issues I had and I will not be dealing with this firm again.

Regan
ReganGreater Melbourne (Outer), VIC

Terrible

Booked a place and they took my money instantly and then got an email 1 minute later saying it isn’t available and will take 7-12 days to refund the money. They also have no contact number to call unless you have a booking number which I don’t have as the booking didn’t go through. Will never use them again.

Drew Budd
Drew BuddCentral Queensland, QLD

Never got a refund and was ignored

My hotel had mould and reeked of cigarettes. Booking.com refused to refund me or accept responsibility. Told me to contact Agoda. Same story. Never saw a refund and was ignored.

Marie Beattie
Marie BeattieSydney, NSW

Charged a higher rate than offered

Sarge
SargeSydney, NSW

CreditCard Fraud after booking with Booking.com

As soon as I completed my booking on Booking.com, I got an attempted fraudulent transaction on my credit card (and it wasn't a transaction associated with the booking itself) and I don't believe in coincidences. Either their website has been hacked or they have someone selling users creditcard details. I have never had any issue with fraudulent transactions prior to this. They are also impossible to contact.

Kathryn
KathrynPerth, WA

Wrong Rate Applied

I booked a hotel room for 2 nights, with twin singles. Unfortunately for me I did not review the booking confirmation accurately and when I checked into the hotel I found that the rate had been raised by $45 and I was allocated a room with a double bed. It is impossible to address this directly with booking.com as they don't appear to have any contact emails or addresses.....grrrrr

pwk
pwkHobart, TAS

Cannot cancel account

As Booking.com have my credit card details attached to my account by default I tried to remove my credit card details from the my profile. Well it cannot be done unless you add another card to replace it. So I tried to cancel my account altogether with Booking.com and I cannot do it. After you press the option to cancel the account a message is displayed that an email will be sent to your email address to complete the process. Well the email never arrives even after several attempts. What the hell is that all about. Still got my account and no email ever arrives.

menny
menny

I've never had a problem with them

I'm glad I cannot relate to a lot of the reviews on here because I have only had good experiences with booking . Com. We have booked many hotels with them

Donelikeadinner
DonelikeadinnerSouthwest, VIC

Blood Sucking all about Money and NO SERVICE

Asked if refund was applicable to booking and then they just proceeded to cancel booking and then say no refund and put it to me to contact venue! Besides being unscrupulous they are cowards as well!

tig  Lou
tig Louasked

Why are you not paying your hosts for months now ? Booking is bankrupt ? Google search : hosts not get paid by booking.com

Allan
Allan

Yeah hi Tig. Thanks for the advice.
All I can say is that it was a learning experience for me on the sneaky ways that Bookings.com operates. I guess you have to be treated poorly by a service provider before you learn your lesson

Lynda R.
Lynda R.asked

Kismet B & B is a very sub standard place to stay. Why do you allow them to use your service?

PeteFasked

I made a local booking this year ie the same country (Australia) I paid by Paypal as Booking.com offered that as an alternative. I have now been hit with a large "international transaction fee" as their "payments Division" is in the Netherlands!!!!! Booking.com refuse to do anything about this. No mention on their website at the point of booking. Anyone else been stung like this recently?

ashley
ashley

Call booking.com customer service and tell them the dispute. They helped me.

Mel
Mel

Cancel your booking with booking.com and call the hotel to book with them directly.

CategoryBooking Services