Bordernet
Listing monitored by Bordernet

4.3
  • Adequate Speeds Yes (4) · No (7)

Illogical business model - I wanted to pay for more data but was not allowed!

Unfortunately, I have had a very bad experience with Bordernet. I had the top plan, but when my data run out during the month, and after buying more data blocks, Bordernet still cut me off. There was no room to be logical about it. They blamed NBN, but after further enquires it was Bordernet Who cut me off. I would have thought Bordernet was there to make money and look after it’s customer. Without service our security alarm did not work, I could not call for help, nor could I send an email to complain. It was a terrible experience.

They've lost it

Like most of the reviews that are two years or older, we also thought Bordernet was great, with friendly, excellent customer service. Something's gone south with the company. Slow speeds, drop outs, long waits to get someone on the phone and then they're grumpy and unhelpful. We tried emailing but haven't got a response. We're cancelling the service and they're threatening to charge us $200! And we have never been on a contract with them. What's happened to Bordernet???

Timothy C.
Timothy C.Sydney, NSW

Worst provider ever. Waited days for a connection.

Impossible service department. High price for limited data. Impossible to contact the accounts or service department. I will never use this company. They are terrible. I recommend you look elsewhere for service provider.

getjen74
getjen74Central Queensland, QLD

Drops out all the time

Connection is very unreliable and drops out constantly. I have been downloading a Netflix movie for over an hour. We have been with this provider for 6 years but time to try a new one

Not happy - terrible service

I am most unhappy with the customer service from Bordernet, I have been trying to contact them by phone over the past several days with no success. Waiting over 45 minutes and still no one answer. I have sent an email tonight (perhaps this will get a response) to cancel my service, effective immediately. I wonder if I will get a response.

Best Internet & Mobile Phone Service Providers in 2020!

Wendy Z.22 Nov 2019
best-internet-and-mobile-phone-service-providers-in-2020
Kenneth Thomas
Kenneth Thomas

Bordernet, buyer beware

Very slow speeds, next to no customer support. Very hard to make contact with . There web page for customers is always down and in the whole just a poor internet provider

Arnold
ArnoldSouth-Eastern Region, NSW

No customer support or relevant info when running out of data

Can only purchase SkyMuster data blocks in 1 Gb increments at 5 $ each- daylight robbery: 1 $ per GB would be reasonable. I need 10 GB for 2 days how do I do that? No information if you can buy more blocks or not. Telephone line permanently busy Monday morning waiting for 30 minutes with 2 callers before me....still waiting. Bordernet then updated me with 10 GB extra data for free without telling me-was too late for my videoconference that morning-but still a nice gesture

Ron
Ron

Satellite customer service

Satellite down. Customer service very poor across all issues. No mention of satellite outage on web page. Other customer service issues always poorly serviced. Phone doesn't answer . Web site continues to have errors

knobby
knobbyEyre Peninsula, SA

great service

good service ,no issues. been a happy customer for ten years or more. Living in country south Australia, with little or no telecom coverage, it's perfect for me & my family.

Robert
RobertDarling Downs, QLD

I am a happy customer

Bordernet always has been a great supplier of Satellite internet.
I still have the feeling that those who are living just outside the townships are discriminated. Yes, the NBN offers 205GB of data, but the majority - 145GB - can only be used when a normal person sleeps.
But Bordernet is not to blame, that is the NBN.
No, I have to be honest Bodernet always replied within 24-hours and are very helpful over the phone.
I bought a WiFi router through Bordernet, that was 40% cheaper than eBay, and Bordernet had the wifi modem set up for me ready to go.
I am happy to give Bordernet a 5-star rating.

Robert Lammers
Crows Nest QLD

Michael Hill
Michael HillWide Bay-Burnett, QLD

Absolutely pathetic speeds. No response to emails.

The issue is the pathetic speeds of the internet. Sites are timing out before they load. No response to emails requesting why the speeds are so slow. I have been a customer for over ten years and would expect better service for loyalty.

I have a concern, and get ignored.

I have noticed I am getting charged for download and uploads when the modem was turned off and noone was using it. I contact them via their webpage - and have received no acknowledgement or answer.

Ty.E
Ty.EMoolboolaman

Stuart at bordernet needs a pay increase. He is excellent. Even though Bordernet stee having a few teething issues at the moment he was very patient on the phone as I quizzed him about a few questions

Connection TypeNBN Satellite (Sky Muster)
Baroness
BaronessSydney

A Shaky Start But All Went Well

Bordernet installed the system for us 2 weeks before we were due to go on an extended holiday. It worked for 2 days and then nothing. It took a few emails and phone calls, but in the end they organised for someone from NBN to come out and re configure everything 2 days before we were due to leave. They told us we would be charged for the service from the day it was up and running, which didn't impress us, but not long after we returned home from our holiday we received our first bill dated from our return date, so we were more than happy. After years of issues with Telstra, and no compensation, this company is a breath of fresh air. So far so good as far as the service goes. It's working and we are saving money!!

Connection TypeISP Satellite
Lesta
LestaFar North Queensland, QLD

The best service of any company I have ever dealt with

Loving my NBN. I am out in the country, no other options. The speed is fantastic and other family members have commented on it. No dropouts, excellent streaming. LOOOVE speaking to locals for customer service. No wait for service.

Connection TypeNBN Wireless